Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 14, 2020 1:38 AM
Mar 2017
I thought it was weird that he rode the bike back to the forest when Takano clearly told him to leave it the night before... Did they just cut out the retrieval scene? It doesn't feel like something they'd cut, considering they mentioned it in the previous episode. Maybe Irie was right...
Hi!
Oct 17, 2020 11:20 PM
Aug 2016
What about this, Satoko is actually bullied by her brother, Satoshi. Satoshi is the real bully, then he killed off the parents and Satoko have been delusional about bullying. She adores her brother so much that her unconscious made it seems her parents and her uncle are the real culprit. The bruise on her body might her own self-doing, and thats why no adults are there to help her, everyone knows her issue.

Thus, Keiichi did kill the uncle, but in the mind of Satoko, her uncle will always be 'alive' in order to become the bully who replace Satoshi.

As for the crime itself, Keiichi is stupid as hell, why the heck did he become a top student in his previous school? Well, it might also be his delusional, he is actually not smart at all, but he come with an excuse that he is a top student and thats why those bullies targeted him.

Oct 22, 2020 11:55 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Holy shit, the first arc that passed the limit of fourth episode. I can't believed shit. And this show proved to threw me every mystery that i almost choke. Damn, such an unexpected plot. I really forget the possibility of the awakened corpses, and possibility of being a doppelganger xd.

Okay, chill, chill, its not only that feel down with what happened here. I just, yeah, can't believed with my brain anymore. So, whatever happened, lets skip these in fast, and lets go to the, finally, last episode of these arc!

However, one more thing i shall say right now before i forgot, Takano was Oyashiro-sama! I might be crazy, and now i believed that shit!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 28, 2020 3:45 AM

Oct 2016
Takano is still very sus, her body is found burned again? Very sus. And n a n i, what kind of sorcery is this. Was Keiichi just hallucinating all that, how does that work bruh my mind is fucked.

And yeah, Oishi is a dick this arc. I think Keiichi definitely got the curse, because he felt a presence in his back. That is definitely a sign of getting Oyashiro's curse. But, damn I honestly don't know how this arc will end damn. This arc has been really good so far, let's see how it ends.
Nov 6, 2020 4:59 PM

Nov 2012
I like how this show makes me question everything. Not knowing whether to expect my expectation to be subverted or not.

Is Keiichi truly just psychotic this route? Did Oyashiro-sama posses the uncle's body? Did Keiichi stumble into another route by chance?
Nov 15, 2020 11:25 AM

Oct 2012
Ok, this is the first episode where you finally can start connecting couple dots between each arc. The doppelganger phenomenon and characters acting out of character, let's see how it unfolds from here on out
Nov 20, 2020 8:17 PM

Mar 2019
WTF did just happened here? ....................................

Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Dec 4, 2020 5:46 PM

Sep 2020
WTF?
Didn't Keiichi kill Satoko's uncle??????????

Mess with waifu, lose your laifu
Mar 11, 2021 9:24 AM

May 2020
I'm so confused right now. Who was at the festival in Keiichi's place? Was it maybe Satoshi? Or perhaps there's an overlap with the different arcs? The corpse thing is really freaky too... at first I thought maybe Satoko's uncle was still home because Keiichi might've killed one of his friends who was playing mahjong with him, but that still doesn't explain how the corpse disappeared. Regardless, this show is super exciting and I can't wait to see what comes next!
Apr 23, 2021 11:24 PM

Jun 2020
Wow. Does this really have something to do with.....doppelgängers?? And are the arcs intertwining or something? Things are definitely so fucked up & interesting. Doesn’t look good for Keiichi. It never did lol. I wonder what bad end is going to happen to him this time.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jun 24, 2021 3:45 PM
May 2021
i love the puzzle so much! seems like dead bodies moving on their own as if they were still alive is a recurring theme.
b]Respect the funyarinpa.[/b]
Oct 2, 2021 9:40 AM

Jan 2013
Lmao I love how Rena instantly called his bluff ... "Alright, be sure to bring the receipt tomorrow" :)

Also for someone who's supposed to be really smart he sure likes to make himself look guilty all the time.
The girls mentioning he was at the festival and instantly saying he wasn't when that could've been the perfect alibi, then with the doctor again.

I do have to say that this episode added a lot more mystery to it that was missing from previous episodes.
Dec 15, 2021 12:08 PM

Jun 2020
AbsyAhihcu said:
Lmfao, I totally laughed when he said "Don't mind us, just carry on digging, think of us like a grove of trees"

Ah Oishi xD

~Abs

Yep that was awesome moment XD

Dec 20, 2021 7:40 PM
Dec 2017
another intense episode i think

Mar 17, 2022 8:28 AM
Jul 2018
Takano kinda sus
i think she moved the body as she knows Maebara killed him
died burning though
you can't confirm that she was the one died

or maybe she's dead
and another person imitating her
mion sus
she was pretending to be shion on episode 7 or 8 as i remember
so it may be mion
removed-userMar 17, 2022 9:07 AM
May 16, 2022 10:00 AM

Feb 2021
why is keiichi making himself look so obvious……
bam
May 29, 2022 1:41 PM
Sep 2014
I think this is my favorite episode so far I loved all the tidbits we got and the confusion from Keiichi's memories!!
I wonder if the detective is always like this but it didn't really become apparent in the prior arcs because Keiichi was already going along with him?
At this point we don't know the whole deal with the curse but I'd have to guess that the uncle wasn't killed because he wasn't "chosen" by the curse this year (bc of the nurse and the photographer guy).
I'm also thinking that it isn't as simple as the uncle abusing Satoko I think there is or was something with the brother, Satoshi, too bc of Satoko's strong reaction to Keiichi previously...
May 31, 2022 11:00 AM
Nov 2020
Holy fuck this mc is so stupid, it has to be a joke that they tried to say he was some genius last ep. Seems to me they are clearly trying to provide you with an alibi since you obviously killed the guy, take it. But i guess he wanted to get caught?

Also why would he check the corpse and not just go to his house to see if hes there. fuck.

This is all before the possibility that something supernatural happened.
Aug 28, 2022 8:54 AM

Feb 2021
Oh damn, did Takano kill Tomitake?? I feel like the bike was strongly hinting at that.

Hol'up so did Keiichi kill the uncle or not? It feels like the Keiichi who killed the uncle was thrown into a different timeline where he went to the festival instead.

The uncle's corpse isn't there. It's as if nothing ever happened the night before. Instead, Takano is dead now. She has been burned alive. So did Keiichi cursing Takano actually work? Is it like as long as you believe in Oyashiro sama, you can curse others? Or is it because Keiichi is one of the big family heirs of this village?

Coach thinks Keiichi has some kinda mental problem.

Honestly, though I can't predict jack shit. I really don't know where all this is going tbh but it's darn interesting.

Also, I wonder who tipped the Oishi that Keiichi would be in the forest, digging. Was it the Coach?

May 24, 2023 5:36 PM
Oct 2022
I have a theory.
What if the curse reanimated the body of the uncle? It's happened before in previous episodes, so why not again. It's obvious the curse can spread to different people (or they might all have it)
Could the curse also duplicate bodies too? Hmmm.

Also, I think there are multiple Keiichis all living simultaneously, but he can't interact with them or see them, yet others still can but forget when the curse makes them forget.
On the flip side, Keiichi could also be crazy by this point; I feel like many of us would lose our minds, too, in such a high-stress situation.

This is quite the thought-provoking series, as once you think you understand what's going on, it switches it up and trolls you; completely destroying any understanding you had before
Jun 29, 2023 12:01 AM

Dec 2020
ooishi is a lot ruder in this arc, hes mean and i dont like it lol. satokos uncles corpse isnt there hmm..hows this gonna end.
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

May 2020
I...am in disbelief. I think Keiichi may genuinely be the dumbest anime protagonist I have ever seen, at least in this arc. I mean, he's never been the sharpest lightbulb in the shed, but he's become chaotic stupid this go around.
Some highlights:
-"Hey mom, how would someone get away with the perfect murder?" Basically the 1980's equivalent of Googling "how 2 kill wife and get away with it" the day before she just so happens to go missing.
-"Sorry guys, I need to go, uh, do something... important!" Bro! Think of an explanation, at least! Your parents travel to Tokyo often, just say you're going with them for an evening, or visiting family - anything!
-He goes out to a drivable road, in the middle of a rainy night, WITH A SHOVEL. Do I even need to explain this one?
-Asks Satako: "Hey, your Uncle didn't come home last night, did he?" Like, what was his plan here? When she responds, "Why would you ask that?" he doesn't have an answer. That's something she would ask either way, like: "You're right, he didn't come home. But how could you know that?" Literally all that question does is make him seem suspicious, without an explanation prepared! That's not a thing someone would normally ask, of course it sounds suspicious!
-"Of course I wasn't at the festival, doc! I was busy murdering someone!" Why. Why would you tell him that?? I get that he was confused because seems the uncle was still alive, but...why admit it?¿? And of course the doctor thought he was crazy, he basically described (probably) hallucinating a murder. While the doctor didn't have good relations with the uncle and doesn't like Oishi either...KEIICHI JUST ADMITTED TO MURDER, OF COURSE HE'S GOING TO REPORT IT! HE'S A DOCTOR!
I was genuinely happy to see the police at the end: he deserved to be caught, with how he's been acting. However, Oishi's behavior has been strangely antagonistic this arc, even before he suspected Keiichi of anything. I wonder what that is about?

Look: I am enjoying this show so far, but man, Keiichi has really gone full Simple Jack recently.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

268 by walgreenscanada »»
Apr 13, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

210 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

142 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xo_cl2 - Jan 19, 2008

205 by josh_exe »»
Jan 26, 12:55 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.