Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2015 9:58 AM

Oct 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great episode! I was really bored when they were taking Princess Lessons, but everything escalated when Kanata's hologram appeared and he explained a lot of things! I love worldbuilding. We now know what the team's objectives are and we saw Dyspear. I wonder when the violin girl from the opening will appear!

By the way, Haruka being called a bud (tsubomi) really made me think of Tsubomi from HeartCatch Precure. I bet that was intentional, especially because past Precures appeared in this week's opening!

Nine more Dress-Up Keys don't equal nine more Precure, but I think we'll get one more, probably the violin girl. This episode got me excited for where this show will go! Hopefully it'll be much better than HappinessCharge, I really want it to be coherent and awesome all the way to the end.
Mar 9, 2015 1:42 PM

Jul 2010
Why do I always forget to check the changes in the opening?
Mar 9, 2015 3:06 PM

Jul 2012
Wildcat17 said:
Why do I always forget to check the changes in the opening?
Eas
They had Eas
Fresh villain that became redeemed girl and best Fresh girl
THEY HAD EAS

AND THEY HAD NOZOCOCO FROM YES 5
NOZOMI IN BEAUTIFUL ANIMATION
DID YOU SEE HER IN THE OPENING? SHE GOT ON HER HANDS AND WAS UPSIDE DOWN KICKING A MONSTER WITH JUST HER FEET

FUCK
COOL EPISODEBUT WHERE'S THE MOVIE I NEED IT
Mar 9, 2015 4:33 PM

Dec 2010
I don't think I like this new fansub group as much as the first one. They made Miss Shamour's beautiful English into French in the subs, call Puff, Perf (unless I''m wrong on that one.), and translate Zetsuborg...I'm grateful we're getting it, but I think they have taken too many liberties with it..

Anyway we got to see Lock finally, and he's pretty cool I like his design, it looks really different than the rest which makes him unique. Also they introduced McGuffin's and I love McGuffin's! I wonder if each dress up key can create a PreCure? Because a 12 person PreCure team might be a little much.

Looking forward to seeing where they go from here!
Mar 9, 2015 8:04 PM

Oct 2011
Shamour's va Shintani Mayumi? (Jakuzure from Kill la Kill, Haruko FLCL)

Forum icon by Yandere

Mar 9, 2015 11:45 PM

Jun 2010
I think they might not fill all Precures in the upcoming allstar movie, so they are just featuring half of them? Would be a nice pace of change for a while.
Or they might appear in the next opening~
LyonelMar 9, 2015 11:52 PM
Nyan~
Mar 10, 2015 4:47 AM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
That opening with Eas.

Well, now we have more idea of the basic plot; It kinda gives me Doki vibes but as long as it doesn't end up like it.
Mar 10, 2015 7:27 AM

Jan 2008
cyclone1993 said:

Anyway we got to see Lock finally, and he's pretty cool I like his design, it looks really different than the rest which makes him unique. Also they introduced McGuffin's and I love McGuffin's! I wonder if each dress up key can create a PreCure? Because a 12 person PreCure team might be a little much.

I'm putting my money on new powers which each key. 12 PreCure team... it was too much with 4 people team in Doki Doki, can you imagine that beautiful catastrophe with 12?

As for the translation... Perf is derived from Perfume (as opposed to Aroma) so I'm okay with that, Shamour's talking in Engrish so I find her transition to French in subs a nice touch, but I don't really like inserting French everywhere. As in "Adieu". "Good day" seems a better choice for me because it feels upperclass and also it's not stated anywhere that the school borrows from French tradition. I know it's PreCure-verse so nobody will come out and say "hi guys, we're in France" (then again we had HC movie in France, sooo...) but... oh well. It's the only thing that bugs me honestly, as I REALLY like the liberties taken when it comes to translating Zetsuborg and Dyspair.

The jury is still out whether Kanata is a very good actor or is completely honest in his pleads. I don't know, I came here couple of weeks ago, read about Kanata being Akio expy and here's where it lead me. I'm seeing manipulative bastards everywhere.
Mar 10, 2015 7:41 PM

May 2013
lock is cute.

I wonder he/she is male or female?

and that grand princess absolutely haruka who win that.
Mar 14, 2015 10:25 PM

Feb 2013
Eas in the opening!

Shamour is pretty cute, but I didn't really care for the subtitles mixing English and French.
9 more dress up keys, though I doubt 9 more precure since that would be too many. Grand princess which will almost certainly be Haruka, but it'd be nice to see all of them grand princesses at the end instead of just her.
Mar 15, 2015 9:54 AM

Jul 2011
Eas was in the opening. I wonder what this well lead to. Can't wait to see it.

As for the episode it was really good. The Precures teacher was really funny. Also have an idea of what they well be doing in the season. Find the other 9 dress up keys. Not sure if this well lead to more Cures or more Powers? So far we have been shown 4 other characters who could become Cures, 12 Precures might be a bit much. Only time well tell.

Lock was pretty cool. Not much else to say seeing as he was not in the episode long. Still can't wait to see more of him.
Jan 4, 2017 11:18 AM

Jun 2014
This episode had a lot of expostion, but now they have a clear goal and they know who the villains are and what they want.

Obviously haruka is going to become the Grand Princess, but it's good that her rather vage goal of becoming a Princess now has a clear direction.
The fight was pretty weak, but it was mostly just there introduce Lock, so it's not a big deal.
Mar 28, 2017 3:06 AM

Nov 2011
Having 12 concurrent Precure in one setting would be interesting, but it would be really tough to find the time to flesh out and/or develop a 12-character team in the typical 50ish-episode Precure seasons. If it were 100ish episodes it could work, but that would probably be a big risk on Toei's part.

I'm definitely not expecting many more-- five is probably the max a single season could pull off appreciably without demoting further Cures to side character status-- but the possibility is nice all the same. The Grand Princess thing allows one Cure to use all the keys anyway.

Cool episode. I was wondering to myself why they needed to learn how to be actual princesses if they weren't in Hope Kingdom, but it improved quickly once Kanata appeared. We have an ongoing objective now.
Mar 21, 2019 10:20 AM

Mar 2017
It's really strange to see Engrish be translated as French. Especially since there's too much French I think, it took me a few seconds to understand even though I had French in school. I imagine people who don't know French will understand even less if they don't focus on the actual Engrish being spoken. It was also weird for me to hear Haruka be refered to as a bud, seeing as the only other Precure I know is Heartcatch. :P

Other than that it was a decent episode. We got some needed exposition, but it was really more of an info dump and not all that interesting. That new mysterious guy didn't really do anything at all, which was kind of lame. I personally think the idea of these lessons is interesting, even if it wasn't too funny yet. Obviously it just serves to introduce that new toy and how to use it, but I think it has potential for comedy.
Aug 7, 2021 4:30 AM

Feb 2020
Miss Shamour is so cute. :3

SerafosFeb 19, 11:30 AM
Apr 16, 2022 12:08 PM
Feb 2018
Honestly I hate this sub group. What up with all the french? What's wrong with using the original Japanese term? Yes it may be hard to understand but french isn't any better.

Everyone talking about the other Cures in the opening. Not sure why the one I'm watching on gogoanime doesn't have it. It's just the regular opening here.

I got a bit of Yes5 vibes. Main Pink Cure is considered a "nobody" yet surrounded by people high in the school hierarchy. But Precure does a good job showing that even people with status can like normal people as friends.

Alright no one talking about next episode's preview? Haru's bully is appearing so soon?
Jan 1, 8:44 PM

Jul 2016
Prince Kanata and Haruka reunite.

We're introduced to Miss Shamour. Her random English reminds me of a certain coach in Ping Pong The Animation lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Go! Princess Precure Episode 21 Discussion

Kaengel - Jun 28, 2015

9 by hutaosghostt_ »»
Mar 22, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Go! Princess Precure Episode 16 Discussion

Ryuu_Hou-ou - May 18, 2015

10 by hutaosghostt_ »»
Mar 22, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Go! Princess Precure Episode 14 Discussion

silverwalls - May 4, 2015

13 by hutaosghostt_ »»
Mar 22, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Go! Princess Precure Episode 12 Discussion

megmica - Apr 18, 2015

16 by pendr4gonz »»
Feb 20, 5:54 AM

Poll: » Go! Princess Precure Episode 7 Discussion

Akarin - Mar 15, 2015

16 by TlordGaming »»
Feb 8, 7:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.