Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2015 1:33 PM
Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finale.
Goh'Dan
May 6, 2016 4:43 PM

May 2012
Haha that final sure had a total "Uchuu Senkan Yamato" feel to it!

Pretty solid ending of a rather good anime if you ask me, it's quite sad that this never got subbed, but I'm glad I actually watched it!

All in all a quite good anime!
Mar 20, 2020 1:33 AM
Jan 2016
@RafaelDeJongh where you watching this series? thanks for help
Jul 2, 2023 8:50 PM

Jun 2014
Hell Deathbird is no more. The Queen sadly died, with Stroger taking her place. It turns out that Miyuki isn't interested in Susumu at all, but rather, his older brother, but Stroger is interested in Susumu, so things ended up even better for him in the end when you think about it. Also, I never thought I'd see that submarine fly, lol.

When it showed "30 years later" in space, it appears that Susumu, who would be well into his 40s at that point, has barely aged at all, and now has blue hair, pointy ears, and appears to have evolved into an Aquatic himself. How this is possible, I have no idea, but this is the Leijiverse we're talking about, so nothing surprises me, lol.

This was a really great series. I'm glad that I was able to watch this, as not too long ago, there was no English translation for this. Thank goodness that Discotek Media licensed it in 2021.

Jan 29, 10:18 PM

Sep 2020
So, about that Tree of Life...I wish they had shown what kind of repercussions, if any, there were on the oceans' ecosystem from its loss since it seemed like a pretty big deal. And I assumed at least one of those were Susumu and Stroger's children on the spacesub, certainly not the characters themselves as they were way too young. Probably neither of them, though, but just a couple of unrelated doppelgangers.

Overall, the show was alright but not great, and a bit of a chore to get through. The story was serviceable but not very engaging, while the naval action, which was my main draw, was disappointing, especially compared to small fare like Silent Service and Submarine 707R.

7 hard to starboards /10
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz

More topics from this board

Poll: » Submarine Super 99 Episode 12 Discussion

gohdan - Mar 8, 2015

2 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Jul 2, 2023 8:04 PM

Poll: » Submarine Super 99 Episode 11 Discussion

gohdan - May 25, 2014

2 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Jul 2, 2023 6:26 PM

Poll: » Submarine Super 99 Episode 10 Discussion

gohdan - May 24, 2014

2 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Jul 2, 2023 5:58 PM

Poll: » Submarine Super 99 Episode 9 Discussion

gohdan - May 22, 2014

2 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Jul 1, 2023 9:43 PM

Poll: » Submarine Super 99 Episode 8 Discussion

gohdan - May 21, 2014

2 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Jul 1, 2023 9:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.