Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2015 7:02 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well this chapter certainly ended in a happy way:

No doubt that Yukari still has a lot of influence in this series.
Mar 8, 2015 7:26 AM

Aug 2008
What do you mean happy way..Yukari dies anyway =C
Mar 8, 2015 7:49 AM

Oct 2013
Actually i think she might not die, that letter seems like it's just for a "just in case" situation. It's an open ending!
Mar 8, 2015 11:48 AM

Jan 2012
isn't there supposed to be 3 more chapters? or was the chapter count wrong and it really ends at 18?
Mar 9, 2015 4:17 AM
Aug 2012
My question as well, is this really the final chapter?
Mar 10, 2015 9:58 PM

Jan 2012
I think the extra chapters were included in MAL's counting, so 11.1 and 11.2 were included, but that'd only make 20, so who knows. But yes this is the last chapter, maybe there's a bonus one?

Edit: I think maybe the last chapter could be the letter at the end after chapter 18, that'd total 21.
Blind_IdiotMar 10, 2015 10:01 PM
Mar 12, 2015 4:08 PM

Jul 2009
Nice to see the animated robot toys and "Gakugami" come full circle. I do appreciate Marii's letter bringing up the idea of her special eyes being observed by Hatou, which in turn lead to Hatou becoming the ultimate observer, henceforth determining Marii's special eyes, ad infinitum.

What I like most is Marii iterating that her own fate can only be observed by herself. It's not really something I expected, but I guess going by the manga's description of Schrödinger's cat she's saying the cat's fate is actually observed by the cat itself, and any and all observers outside the box have no bearing on the outcome of the experiment. It has a nice tone to it, as far as a manga/novel explanation for the events, but I am a little tentative on connecting that to the typical shounen "ask your friends to gain strength" clause.

It's been a pleasure reading this, as someone who appreciates philosophy in/and physics but can't really dabble in them. Can I count on one more extra, going by the lower right corner of the last page? :3
Mar 14, 2015 12:38 PM

Oct 2010
Is this really the last chapter? shouldn't there be one more?
May 12, 2015 11:39 AM

May 2011
Wow, this manga was definitely a pleasant surprise.

This author is amazing. n.n

This has got to be one of the most extreme manga's i've read so far. The story has changed by leaps and bounds. Gaku has moved from a 'pitiful powerless victim' to a 'maniacal murderer of justice' to 'a psychotic logic-defying and reincarnating being?' to a 'magical-scientific saint/messiah' and now even seems to promote herself to 'god', all in just merely 17 chapters? I'm calling it guys,this is the best character development i have ever seen in such a short amount of time.

She had gone beyond batshit crazy and i love it<3
A great ending to a great series.
''I was dead serious''

May 12, 2015 2:05 PM

Sep 2014
I don't even know how to feel about this dang manga. I spent most of my time attempting to understand quantum mechanics and the philosophy behind everything to really feel a sense of enjoyment. Hopefully a re-read will let me embrace its story properly. Now its question time!

1. There being a infinite copies of herself all using their hands to make calls, wouldn't she be constantly receiving calls?

2. If the phone used to repair Manabu's arm is functional then shouldn't Tenjou have steel throughout her body? Also lets say Tenjou was to get shot by a gun that can puncture a human arm but not an arms thickness worth of steel, wouldn't that conflict with Mariis vision?

3. If Manabu could give herself magic couldn't she just make Marii immortal?
KrowzinMay 12, 2015 3:38 PM
Dec 10, 2015 6:15 AM

Feb 2010
Krowzin said:
I don't even know how to feel about this dang manga. I spent most of my time attempting to understand quantum mechanics and the philosophy behind everything to really feel a sense of enjoyment. Hopefully a re-read will let me embrace its story properly. Now its question time!

1. There being a infinite copies of herself all using their hands to make calls, wouldn't she be constantly receiving calls?

2. If the phone used to repair Manabu's arm is functional then shouldn't Tenjou have steel throughout her body? Also lets say Tenjou was to get shot by a gun that can puncture a human arm but not an arms thickness worth of steel, wouldn't that conflict with Mariis vision?

1)
No, I don't think so... but....
First, they can use it at night and they can use it when no one is watching/listening to them.
Second, I guess you are right - one "she" will receive more calls than the other "she".
btw. wasn't there a rule that she can use the her hand once (with an exceptions)?

3) I guess she could but... what would happen to poor Marii? Whole series tells you that you cannot change someone's fate. Marii may end up as something that feels lots of pain or something. Well, I would like to see that.

Well, as for series:
The ending was a little disappointing. I think Marii will be alive in this world because she is aware of her situations so she will actively protect herself (with help from friends or family). Well... it's my wish.

I wish they they showed us more about other "Manabu" and a conflict between each other. I would like to see the one that loves Alice.
The most we saw was the "Manabu" that want to protect Marii at all cost. Where are the "Manabu" that forget or don't care about Marii. Where are "Manabu" that love someone else (girl, boy, whatever).
Dec 16, 2015 2:28 PM

Nov 2009
"The fact that I see living beings as robots is the proof that I'm being loved by the creator of the world, which is Gaku-chan."

Yukari is so lovely, isn't she? And Manabu certainly is the most dedicated. A very pure kind a love between the two.
I loved this manga, very original! A tad pretentious at times, but still such a pleasing read. The concept of time being unravelled is one of my favorite things in the world.
From my most loved movie ever, Mr. Nobody: "Every path is the right path. Everything could've been anything else and it would have just as much meaning."

10/10
ak47Dec 18, 2015 6:00 AM

(THIS WAY FOREVER)
Oct 5, 2016 9:17 AM
Jan 2014
Why the playmodels can move at the time of the incident?
Jun 13, 2017 8:56 AM

Apr 2013
Kyooon said:
Why the playmodels can move at the time of the incident?
My guess is it's self-inflicted censorship by Manabu - this is a story locked into her own perspective, after all. And she wasn't in the best mental state at the time.

She says it herself several times - she's adept at adapting to the current situation. However, that doesn't necessarily mean accepting the truth. Perhaps Manabu simply couldn't deal with what she was seeing Yukari do to this serial killer and painted over it in her mind. After all, Manabu does seem to hold Yukari to an unreasonable standard throughout the entire narrative. I wouldn't be surprised if she took some liberties in her perception of her. That is one of the biggest parts of this manga, after all.

However, this seems to be an unlikely conclusion, judging by Yukari's denial from the way Manabu tells it. I failed to properly consolidate the chapter in my mind on this re-read, and was hoping that it would become clear as to what Yukari meant by "there is no difference ... what lead you to that conclusion [on humans lacking souls]?" The answer to your question seems to be hidden between those lines. It may be that the playmodels do not necessarily lack a 'soul'. The serial killer seems to consolidate that what we're seeing are, in fact, playmodels.

Perhaps, more likely, it's something that you simply can't understand from your perspective.

On another note:

「学ぶ」〜>「学ーちゃん」... how amusing.
May 1, 2018 9:28 AM

May 2015
Probably one of the most sci-fi-heavy, if not the most, story I've ever read thus far. That was really good and unique.

Dec 17, 2020 5:27 AM
Feb 2014
workisnotfun said:
What do you mean happy way..Yukari dies anyway =C

We don't know if the letter was read or not. I believe it was though
Dec 17, 2020 5:33 AM
Feb 2014
Wannabiteme said:
Krowzin said:

1)
No, I don't think so... but....
First, they can use it at night and they can use it when no one is watching/listening to them.
Second, I guess you are right - one "she" will receive more calls than the other "she".
btw. wasn't there a rule that she can use the her hand once (with an exceptions)?

3) I guess she could but... what would happen to poor Marii? Whole series tells you that you cannot change someone's fate. Marii may end up as something that feels lots of pain or something. Well, I would like to see that.

Well, as for series:
The ending was a little disappointing. I think Marii will be alive in this world because she is aware of her situations so she will actively protect herself (with help from friends or family). Well... it's my wish.

I wish they they showed us more about other "Manabu" and a conflict between each other. I would like to see the one that loves Alice.
The most we saw was the "Manabu" that want to protect Marii at all cost. Where are the "Manabu" that forget or don't care about Marii. Where are "Manabu" that love someone else (girl, boy, whatever).

2. The phone isn't in her arm. That is only from Yukaris perception.
Mar 10, 2022 6:41 AM
Jun 2021
This manga was so dissappointing ,its rating is so high and it doesnt deserve it , this manga is so messed up and doesnt make any sense and full of plot holes , i got give some credit go the author for their vast knowledge, the idea behind this manga was really good but the author didnt know how to put it in a story , i hated this manga so much, but i liked the idea

More topics from this board

Poll: » Murasakiiro no Qualia Chapter 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2013

2 by JB-94 »»
Aug 18, 2023 12:40 PM

Poll: » Murasakiiro no Qualia Chapter 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2013

2 by JB-94 »»
Aug 18, 2023 8:31 AM

Poll: » Murasakiiro no Qualia Chapter 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2013

3 by JB-94 »»
Aug 17, 2023 6:46 AM

Poll: » Murasakiiro no Qualia Chapter 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2013

7 by potatoturboswag »»
Dec 17, 2020 2:51 AM

» Where can I buy the manga in English?

SaladisCash - Apr 19, 2019

1 by Pleinair »»
Apr 20, 2019 5:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.