Forum Settings
Forums

Muslims and Irreligion (Atheism, Agnosticism, etc)

New
question to muslims of MAL
im still a muslim
38.6%
i was a muslim and now im irreligious
8.4%
im not a muslim i just want to vote
53.0%
83 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Feb 28, 2015 2:57 AM

Jan 2009
black1blade said:
MitchD said:

West Bank (Israel)
Gaza (Israel)
Hiroshima (US)
Afghanistan (US/UK)
Cuba (US/UK)
Iraq (US/UK)
9/11 (come on now, if you believe the official story you must have the critical thinking ability of a gold fish)

Yeah, ok bro.

Good points.

where are your sources for this claims?
Feb 28, 2015 2:58 AM

Aug 2014
j0x said:
black1blade said:

Good points.

9/11 is a bit iffy but I really don't buy into the west vs east mentality.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Feb 28, 2015 3:00 AM

Jan 2009
black1blade said:
j0x said:

UK, Israel and US just fight back against the muslim terrorists
Feb 28, 2015 3:01 AM

May 2013
MitchD said:

West Bank (Israel)
Gaza (Israel)
Hiroshima (US)
Afghanistan (US/UK)
Cuba (US/UK)
Iraq (US/UK)

Yeah, ok bro.

*Terrorism against the west.
Feb 28, 2015 3:13 AM

Jan 2009
j0x said:
black1blade said:

and to add i got no idea why he is even mentioning japan vs america there where in fact that is in the long past, most people here are not even born yet at those times

im talking about this study - http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2014/nov/18/religious-extremism-main-cause-of-terrorism-according-to-report since 2001 up to this day religious extremism is the number 1 cause of terrorism
Feb 28, 2015 4:15 AM

Mar 2012
JustALEX said:
So in this thread the OP was asking if they know people that have left Islam....well...

Check out the Muslim world and how they deal with those that change their minds:

*NOTE....the punishment for Apostasy under Sharia Law is....DEATH

^Fucking savages, FUCK ISLAM and FUCK ALLAH!

Bullshit misinformation for multiple countries.
End Zionazism
Feb 28, 2015 4:31 AM
Jan 2014
Mikasa said:
JustALEX said:
So in this thread the OP was asking if they know people that have left Islam....well...

Check out the Muslim world and how they deal with those that change their minds:

*NOTE....the punishment for Apostasy under Sharia Law is....DEATH

^Fucking savages, FUCK ISLAM and FUCK ALLAH!

Bullshit misinformation for multiple countries.

How so? All of these countries in some way criminalize apostasy. In fact you could add other countries like Algeria that make it a crime to attempt to convert a muslim to another religion.
Feb 28, 2015 5:11 AM

Jul 2013
j0x said:
i just happen to come accross about this word - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irreligion its another term for nonreligious beliefs, and im wondering how many muslims become irreligious

with recent islamophobia going on because most terrorism for the past decade is done my muslim extremism http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2014/nov/18/religious-extremism-main-cause-of-terrorism-according-to-report i wonder how many muslims have doubts about their religion (i mean not just the current extremism going on but as well finding faults or disbelief on quran or islamic ways)
and now converted to irreligion like atheism or agnosticism for example

do you know any muslims that drop their religion? do you think in the future more muslims will drop their religion?

from what i observe here in our country there are more christians dropping their religion and becoming irreligious like atheist or agnostic and ye i do not know any muslim in our area that became irreligious

ye i made this thread on current events because muslims or islam is the majority of world news right now

Hmmm.

Well, as a Muslim living in Indonesia (though I know my name and display pic may be a little misleading lol), I've gotta say if there are Muslims being irreligious, it probably isn't so different a case from Christianity. Both of them have flaws in their respective holy books and command the individual to believe in an abstract, higher power that science will never be able to prove, so it's really up to the person. Go individualism.

Of course, I live under a democracy and not Sharia Law sooo...yeah, I'm aware people in general in most other Islamic countries tend to have it a lot tougher than I do. I will admit that a load of other countries need to learn more about tolerance and acceptance, Middle East in particular but I don't believe that's a matter of religion so much as it is a matter of politics and national mentality, influenced by history itself.

It's a little annoying that so many people pay more attention to the religion than to the politics and mental instability behind driving all these terrorist forces. If a Christian killed a dude, they'd be seen as crazy, but if a Muslim killed a dude, they'd be seen as an extremist - I believe this line of thought is what drives the perception of religious extremism most. They're associated together in the first place thanks to the terrorist lunatics who pop up, distort the message of peace that our own book teaches us either by being deliberate or just plain stupid, and cause trouble. For people who live in mostly a Christian-dominated world, chances are that their first exposure to Islam would be something like 'terrorism durr durr', and that makes them assume all Muslims are that way when it's just a vocal minority.

*sigh* Why am I even discussing an uncomfortable topic like this? :/

Feb 28, 2015 6:08 AM

Jun 2013
j0x said:
black1blade said:

Oh please!

If you want sources do some independent research. You might learn something other than what your corporate owned News channels are spoon feeding you every night.

Little kids playing football in the street, and women hanging out their laundry, are NOT terrorists.

Consider this though. Who are we to act all holier than thou? We have little girls looking up to people like Nikki Minaj, out in the streets twerking at age 11, and we all laugh and clap, thinking it's normal. We have guys prowling night clubs trying to sleep with every body they see, and we think its normal. We have people in our own countries who are homeless and starving, and we shun them or walk over them like rabid dogs in the street. Our society is just as sick, if not MORE sick than any other. Some people need to take a dose of wake the fuck up and pay attention to whats going on in their back yard before they attempt to tackle terrorism.
Feb 28, 2015 2:55 PM

Jan 2009
MitchD said:
j0x said:

Oh please!

If you want sources do some independent research. You might learn something other than what your corporate owned News channels are spoon feeding you every night.

Little kids playing football in the street, and women hanging out their laundry, are NOT terrorists.

Consider this though. Who are we to act all holier than thou? We have little girls looking up to people like Nikki Minaj, out in the streets twerking at age 11, and we all laugh and clap, thinking it's normal. We have guys prowling night clubs trying to sleep with every body they see, and we think its normal. We have people in our own countries who are homeless and starving, and we shun them or walk over them like rabid dogs in the street. Our society is just as sick, if not MORE sick than any other. Some people need to take a dose of wake the fuck up and pay attention to whats going on in their back yard before they attempt to tackle terrorism.

all i see from sources that you can claim are conspiracy theories and we all know that conspiracy theories are paranoia and delusions at best

give me your sources so that i and others here can know what you have in mind

and like i said previously i got no idea why you included hiroshima (japan vs america) when in fact that was long long ago, most of the users here are not even born yet

i will link this again - http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2014/nov/18/religious-extremism-main-cause-of-terrorism-according-to-report this is the recent study im talking about it shows there that from 2001 up to this day religious extremism is the cause of most terrorism this day
Feb 28, 2015 3:08 PM

Jan 2009
MercifulPriest said:
If a Christian killed a dude, they'd be seen as crazy, but if a Muslim killed a dude, they'd be seen as an extremist

i think the islamaphobia started after 9/11 and for the past decade since 2001 most group of terrorists have muslim background according to this - http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2014/nov/18/religious-extremism-main-cause-of-terrorism-according-to-report

Religious extremism has become the main driver of terrorism in recent years, according to this year’s Global Terrorism Index.

The report recorded 18,000 deaths in 2013, a rise of 60% on the previous year. The majority (66%) of these were attributable to just four groups: Islamic State (Isis) in Iraq and Syria, Boko Haram in Nigeria, the Taliban in Afghanistan and al-Qaida.

Overall there has been a fivefold increase in deaths from terrorism since the 9/11 suicide attacks.

MercifulPriest said:
Of course, I live under a democracy and not Sharia Law sooo...yeah, I'm aware people in general in most other Islamic countries tend to have it a lot tougher than I do. I will admit that a load of other countries need to learn more about tolerance and acceptance, Middle East in particular but I don't believe that's a matter of religion so much as it is a matter of politics and national mentality, influenced by history itself.

good to know that there are muslim countries that are under democracy and not influence by sharia law, and ye i find indonesians cool a lot of anime fans are from indonesia as well i know some indonesians that likes anime and manga but likes visual novels more, i find a lot of indonesians on anime mini-size downloading sites too
Feb 28, 2015 3:23 PM

Nov 2009
MitchD said:
j0x said:

with recent islamophobia going on because most terrorism for the past decade is done my muslim extremism

West Bank (Israel)
Gaza (Israel)
Hiroshima (US)
Afghanistan (US/UK)
Cuba (US/UK)
Iraq (US/UK)
9/11 (come on now, if you believe the official story you must have the critical thinking ability of a gold fish)

Yeah, ok bro.

Wait wait wait . . . What now? Can you explain these? I am genuinely curious about what you are saying as a whole, it honestly makes no sense to me, it just seems extremely out of context.

I don't want to make any false assumptions here, I just genuinely can't understand what your point is. Are you claiming that the events listed are the most dominant examples of Terrorism in the last decade? Well let's forget decade, and say in the last century, since obviously some of those events are more than just a couple decades old. Not going to say anything more since I really don't know what you are saying here, but if you could clarify it would be greatly appreciated.
Feb 28, 2015 3:25 PM

Jun 2013
j0x said:
MitchD said:

Oh please!

all i see from sources that you can claim are conspiracy theories and we all know that conspiracy theories are paranoia and delusions at best

and like i said previously i got no idea why you included hiroshima (japan vs america) when in fact that was long long ago, most of the users here are not even born yet

i will link this again - http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2014/nov/18/religious-extremism-main-cause-of-terrorism-according-to-report this is the recent study im talking about it shows there that from 2001 up to this day religious extremism is the cause of most terrorism this day

After your comment about conspiracy theories I can see this is no longer a worthwhile discussion. No offense or anything, it's just clear that neither one of us will gain anything from continuing this further.

I'll leave you with one more quote though "CONSPIRACY THEORIST : Nothing more than a derogatory title used to dismiss a critical thinker."

Here is a source to discredit your original statement about paranoia and delusion:

[url]http://www.naturalnews.com/047168_conspiracy_theorists_sanity_propaganda.html#[/url]
MitchDFeb 28, 2015 3:28 PM
Feb 28, 2015 3:32 PM

Jan 2009
MitchD said:

Here is a source to discredit your original statement about paranoia and delusion:

[url]http://www.naturalnews.com/047168_conspiracy_theorists_sanity_propaganda.html#[/url]

that study was debunked by reddit long ago with rational thinking too here - https://www.reddit.com/r/worldpolitics/comments/2mpkqo/scientific_study_reveals_conspiracy_theorists_the/

not all science research/study are facts especially with psychology, sociology, psychiatry that do not have laboratory tests and just rely on surveying the people at best
Feb 28, 2015 3:34 PM

Jun 2013
Pirating_Ninja said:
MitchD said:

West Bank (Israel)
Gaza (Israel)
Hiroshima (US)
Afghanistan (US/UK)
Cuba (US/UK)
Iraq (US/UK)

Yeah, ok bro.

Wait wait wait . . . What now? Can you explain these? I am genuinely curious about what you are saying as a whole, it honestly makes no sense to me, it just seems extremely out of context.

I don't want to make any false assumptions here, I just genuinely can't understand what your point is. Are you claiming that the events listed are the most dominant examples of Terrorism in the last decade? Well let's forget decade, and say in the last century, since obviously some of those events are more than just a couple decades old. Not going to say anything more since I really don't know what you are saying here, but if you could clarify it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not claiming they are the most dominant examples, I'm just giving them AS examples. As far as I am concerned it's not a competition. My general contention is that anyone who points fingers at muslim extremists etc should have a look at how clean their hands are as well, and that Western nations are hypocritical given they condone terrorism on one side (doing absolutely nothing about Israel) and even take part in it on another (the war on Iraq/Afghanistan, lets face it, there was no reason to be there)
Feb 28, 2015 3:38 PM

Jun 2013
j0x said:
MitchD said:

that study was debunked by reddit long ago with rational thinking too here - https://www.reddit.com/r/worldpolitics/comments/2mpkqo/scientific_study_reveals_conspiracy_theorists_the/

not all science research/study are facts especially with psychology, sociology, psychiatry that do not have laboratory tests and just rely on surveying the people at best

Can't argue with Reddit..... Anyway as I said, no point carrying this on (at least with you) because neither one of us will change our minds.
Feb 28, 2015 3:51 PM

Jan 2009
MitchD said:

Can't argue with Reddit.....

just read the top comment here i will quote it

So, among people who comment on news articles

/article.
Massive, totally un-compensated selection bias, which makes all following conclusions the article draws from it utterly nonsensical.
Then you have the part where the article authors (who clearly sympathise with conspiracy theorists themselves, judging from the clear weighted and distorting language used in the article) try to conflate "a majority of people who bother to comment" with "sanity". One look at the average online comments page should be enough to demonstrate how thoroughly idiotic that assumption is.
Lastly you have the part where the source study doesn't mention "sanity" even once in the abstract (all that's available publicly)... and in fact the last sentence arguably claims that conspiracy theorists are not even rationally interested in specific factual claims so much as a reflexive, blanket need to dismiss any and all "official" explanations:
These tendencies in persuasive communication can be understood as a reflection of an underlying conspiracist worldview in which the details of individual conspiracy theories are less important than a generalized rejection of official explanations.
The original study is a factual assessment of the preponderance, tone and motivations of various conspiracy-theorist and conspiracy-rejecting posters on internet comments boards.
This article is an intellectually dishonest attempt to twist their findings into a claim that conspiracy theorists are in general more sane, reasonable or rational than conspiracy-rejectors.
That is wholly unsupported by the study itself, and shows up the article for the baseless propaganda it is.
Feb 28, 2015 4:00 PM

May 2012
MitchD said:

Oh god, it's one of these idiots.

You forgot something.
Feb 28, 2015 4:04 PM

May 2012
MitchD said:
j0x said:

After your comment about conspiracy theories I can see this is no longer a worthwhile discussion. No offense or anything, it's just clear that neither one of us will gain anything from continuing this further.

I'll leave you with one more quote though "CONSPIRACY THEORIST : Nothing more than a derogatory title used to dismiss a critical thinker."

You're seriously using Natural News as a source for anything? My mentally ill sister uses that site as a source.
Feb 28, 2015 4:05 PM

Jun 2013
j0x said:
MitchD said:

Can't argue with Reddit.....

/article.
Massive, totally un-compensated selection bias, which makes all following conclusions the article draws from it utterly nonsensical.
Then you have the part where the article authors (who clearly sympathise with conspiracy theorists themselves, judging from the clear weighted and distorting language used in the article) try to conflate "a majority of people who bother to comment" with "sanity". One look at the average online comments page should be enough to demonstrate how thoroughly idiotic that assumption is.
Lastly you have the part where the source study doesn't mention "sanity" even once in the abstract (all that's available publicly)... and in fact the last sentence arguably claims that conspiracy theorists are not even rationally interested in specific factual claims so much as a reflexive, blanket need to dismiss any and all "official" explanations:
These tendencies in persuasive communication can be understood as a reflection of an underlying conspiracist worldview in which the details of individual conspiracy theories are less important than a generalized rejection of official explanations.
The original study is a factual assessment of the preponderance, tone and motivations of various conspiracy-theorist and conspiracy-rejecting posters on internet comments boards.
This article is an intellectually dishonest attempt to twist their findings into a claim that conspiracy theorists are in general more sane, reasonable or rational than conspiracy-rejectors.
That is wholly unsupported by the study itself, and shows up the article for the baseless propaganda it is.

This doesn't even begin to address the effects of cognitive dissonance found in those who believe the official conspiracy theory (I call it that because the official stories often have no tangible objective evidence themselves) mentioned in the article. Yes I will agree there is a bias in language used, as there is a slight condescending undertone when referring to those of the opposite viewpoint, but that's no where near as intellectually cowardly as discrediting someones view or attempting to dismiss them by using a label or questioning their mental stability.

You haven't even provided your own interpretation, just copy pasted something claiming to nullify what I posted. The fact that it happened within seconds of my post suggests to me you didnt even bother to read it either.

As I said, there is no point. This will be my last post because I don't see this going anywhere.
Feb 28, 2015 4:09 PM

Jun 2013
Nihilfist said:
MitchD said:

You forgot something.

Prime example of an intellectual coward.

Good luck with your discussion OP, with you I can at least agree to disagree, but as soon as an idiot like this shows up it's usually time to call it a day :)
Feb 28, 2015 4:18 PM

May 2012
MitchD said:
(I call it that because the official stories often have no tangible objective evidence themselves)

Bull fucking shit.

http://www.nist.gov/customcf/get_pdf.cfm?pub_id=861611

Start at chapter 5 for details on the actual collapse. 131 pages in. There's photographs of structural damage to WTC7, diagrams of floor plans, etc.
Feb 28, 2015 4:31 PM

Jan 2009
MitchD said:
j0x said:

This doesn't even begin to address the effects of cognitive dissonance found in those who believe the official conspiracy theory (I call it that because the official stories often have no tangible objective evidence themselves) mentioned in the article. Yes I will agree there is a bias in language used, as there is a slight condescending undertone when referring to those of the opposite viewpoint, but that's no where near as intellectually cowardly as discrediting someones view or attempting to dismiss them by using a label or questioning their mental stability.

You haven't even provided your own interpretation, just copy pasted something claiming to nullify what I posted. The fact that it happened within seconds of my post suggests to me you didnt even bother to read it either.

As I said, there is no point. This will be my last post because I don't see this going anywhere.

thats hypocritical after you said this earlier
MitchD said:

and i do not have to re-read every science study i have read, because im a lurker on reddit as well so im expose to scientific studies all the time and as well as the debunking of scientific studies that are wrong

and here more evidences straight from the authors of that scientific study you are holding

Michael said:
As the first author of this study, I'd like to address a misleading headline that's been making the rounds lately: the idea that this study says that people who believe 9/11 conspiracy theories are better-adjusted than those who do not. This grossly misinterprets our results: this study says nothing about mental health, and its results do not justify any conclusions about one group of people being more or less "sane" than another. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23847577

Michael said:
Our recently published Frontiers study on online communication, “What about Building 7?” A social psychological study of online discussion of 9/11 conspiracy theories, has been the subject of some chatter on the Internet – but not quite in the way I had hoped. A story by Kevin Barrett on PressTV.ir has interpreted the study as showing that conspiracists are “more sane” than conventionalists, and, given that this is an appealing headline for long-suffering conspiracists, has been copy-pasted around the Internet in a highly uncritical fashion. I’m often guilty of this too – reading the headline and moving on – because who has the time to read every original source of every news story? In this case, of course, the paper says nothing of the sort and the article’s conclusions are based on misrepresentations of several critical findings. http://conspiracypsychology.com/2013/07/13/setting-the-record-straight-on-wood-douglas-2013/

so ye even the authors themselves debunked that idea that says conspiracy theorists are more sane
Feb 28, 2015 5:24 PM

Aug 2014
j0x said:

You actually mean that? I would advise you that when you look into a topic, rather than looking into it's criticism, gain more knowledge on the topic itself. By your definition, critical thinking is paranoia.
Feb 28, 2015 5:36 PM

Jan 2009
archerzee said:
j0x said:

You actually mean that? I would advise you that when you look into a topic, rather than looking into it's criticism, gain more knowledge on the topic itself. By your definition, critical thinking is paranoia.

critical thinking is no way paranoia

paranoia itself is a delusion particularly persecutory delusion, so ye its common knowledge that conspiracy theories are delusions at most if not all because of twisted evidences

if you also agree with him that UK, Israel, USA are terrorists then i like to see some sources from you too
Feb 28, 2015 5:58 PM

Nov 2009
MitchD said:
Wait, so the point being made is that the US were the one's behind 9/11? I honestly didn't believe there were people out there that believed this theory so sorry if it sounds like I am asking a dumb question . . .
Feb 28, 2015 6:07 PM

Aug 2014
j0x said:
archerzee said:

paranoia itself is a delusion particularly persecutory delusion, so ye its common knowledge that conspiracy theories are delusions at most if not all because of twisted evidences

if you also agree with him that UK, Israel, USA are terrorists then i like to see some sources from you too

What do you think a conspiracy theory is? Check the link below, it's an article of 5 conspiracy theories that turned out to be true. Number 1 came up in my ethics lecture so I kind of know about it already, number 3 is somewhat popular.
http://www.blacklistednews.com/5_conspiracy_theories_which_turned_out_to_be_true/38865/0/38/38/Y/M.html

Regarding me agreeing with him, I do not possess sufficient proof to convince anyone about 9/11 being an inside job (if that's what you're talking about), although I remain open minded since the war on 'terror' was/is atrocious. Regarding Israel, it's done in the open, innocent civilians get killed by Israeli soldiers, there's no debate nor conspiracy about it.
Feb 28, 2015 6:09 PM

Jan 2014
Pirating_Ninja said:
MitchD said:
Wait, so the point being made is that the US were the one's behind 9/11? I honestly didn't believe there were people out there that believed this theory so sorry if it sounds like I am asking a dumb question . . .

I thought that conspiracy theory was pretty popular, so I'm not surprised he mentioned it.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Feb 28, 2015 6:14 PM

Nov 2009
RedRoseFring said:
Pirating_Ninja said:

I thought that conspiracy theory was pretty popular, so I'm not surprised he mentioned it.
Perhaps, I only really ever see it mentioned comically in things like South Park (of course South Park twisted it), but for instance I have never met someone who actually believed it . . . I always figured if there were, they were rather coocoo and rather few and far in between. But I guess that is probably just due to where I live.
Feb 28, 2015 6:34 PM

Jan 2009
archerzee said:
j0x said:

What do you think a conspiracy theory is? Check the link below, it's an article of 5 conspiracy theories that turned out to be true. Number 1 came up in my ethics lecture so I kind of know about it already, number 3 is somewhat popular.
http://www.blacklistednews.com/5_conspiracy_theories_which_turned_out_to_be_true/38865/0/38/38/Y/M.html

Regarding me agreeing with him, I do not possess sufficient proof to convince anyone about 9/11 being an inside job (if that's what you're talking about), although I remain open minded since the war on 'terror' was/is atrocious. Regarding Israel, it's done in the open, innocent civilians get killed by Israeli soldiers, there's no debate nor conspiracy about it.

5 conspiracy theories are true out of hundreds of conspiracy theories and increasing day by day? ye there will be more conspiracy theories that will be true but there even more conspiracy theories getting invented day by day so i say that conspiracy theories are not reliable source of truth simply because there is more false facts than true facts

regarding Israel who attacked first? Hamas attack first like kidnap some 3 Israel kids and kill them that is how the war break out there, my source http://www.vox.com/cards/israel-palestine/gaza-israel-hamas-2104
degFeb 28, 2015 7:09 PM
Feb 28, 2015 6:48 PM

Aug 2014
It doesn't matter whether or not they turn out to be true, there are theories regarding everything, the connotations that conspiracy theories carry related to politics, thus giving you a different viewpoint regarding an incident usually on the news. The reason why I even starting talking about this is because you implied that conspiracy theories are paranoia and delusions at best, therefore being wrong.

What are you trying to show me by asking who attacked first? Whoever attacked first, are murderers who've killed children (I don't trust that article and I've not researched about who attacked first). This doesn't justify killing Palestinian children, which was what I originally said (regarding the whole occupation situation is Palestine).
Feb 28, 2015 6:58 PM

Jan 2009
archerzee said:
It doesn't matter whether or not they turn out to be true, there are theories regarding everything, the connotations that conspiracy theories carry related to politics, thus giving you a different viewpoint regarding an incident usually on the news. The reason why I even starting talking about this is because you implied that conspiracy theories are paranoia and delusions at best, therefore being wrong.

and he claimed that conspiracy theorists are the most sane of them all, and its not just me its common knowledge that conspiracy theories are MOSTLY wrong and just came from paranoia and delusion, even wikipedia explains it, and wikipedia has references/sources on its footnotes about it if you like to look what conspiracy theories are

archerzee said:

What are you trying to show me by asking who attacked first? Whoever attacked first, are murderers who've killed children (I don't trust that article and I've not researched about who attacked first). This doesn't justify killing Palestinian children, which was what I originally said (regarding the whole occupation situation is Palestine).

its war no one is safe from war even children, Israel did not intended to harm those children but Hamas use their civilians as human shields if i remember right watching news on TV so ye if Hamas did use human shields its for them to show the media that Israel is killing civilians intentionally which is just a tactic from Hamas

and do look up how this war started, you can see that Hamas killed 3 Israel kids http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_kidnapping_and_murder_of_Israeli_teenagers

same is true for 9/11 who attack first? its Osama Bin Ladens group first of course

EDIT:

corrected my info i meant to type 3 kids not 10 kids
degFeb 28, 2015 7:10 PM
Feb 28, 2015 7:29 PM

Aug 2014
j0x said:
archerzee said:

and he claimed that conspiracy theorists are the most sane of them all, and its not just me its common knowledge that conspiracy theories are MOSTLY wrong and just came from paranoia and delusion, even wikipedia explains it, and wikipedia has references/sources on its footnotes about it if you like to look what conspiracy theories are

archerzee said:

its war no one is safe from war even children, Israel did not intended to harm those children but Hamas use their civilians as human shields if i remember right watching news on TV so ye if Hamas did use human shields its for them to show the media that Israel is killing civilians intentionally which is just a tactic from Hamas

and do look up how this war started, you can see that Hamas killed 3 Israel kids

same is true for 9/11 who attack first? its Osama Bin Ladens group first of course

EDIT:

corrected my info i meant to type 3 kids not 10 kids

I know what conspiracy theories are, I wanted to point out how wrong you were when you labelled conspiracy theories as delusions. You simply cannot make such a statement, theories are theories, some lack evidence and rationality whilst others have both.
Even mathematically we cannot account for every single conspiracy theory, so using words like 'mostly' is only showing your viewpoints on CTs.

Where is your source for Hamas using civilians as human shields? How do you know that Israel never intended to harm children? Is it because they said 'We didn't want to harm children?..
Even asking for a source is ridiculous, obviously no one is safe in a war but bombing civilized areas are what terrorists do, slapping Israel on the bombers doesn't make it any less wrong.
Feb 28, 2015 7:33 PM

May 2013
MitchD said:
Nihilfist said:

You forgot something.

Prime example of an intellectual coward.

Good luck with your discussion OP, with you I can at least agree to disagree, but as soon as an idiot like this shows up it's usually time to call it a day :)

Call people retarded when opening up a discussion about fringe beliefs and expecting to be treated respectfully?
Feb 28, 2015 7:49 PM

Jan 2009
archerzee said:

I know what conspiracy theories are, I wanted to point out how wrong you were when you labelled conspiracy theories as delusions. You simply cannot make such a statement, theories are theories, some lack evidence and rationality whilst others have both.
Even mathematically we cannot account for every single conspiracy theory, so using words like 'mostly' is only showing your viewpoints on CTs.

but it is considered a delusion, im not making this up, quick google and here is one proof that is called apophenia - http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2014/09/apophenia_makes_unrelated_things_seem_connected_metaphors_paranormal_beliefs.html

What links creativity, conspiracy theories, and delusions? A phenomenon called apophenia.

Apophenia is the experience of perceiving patterns or connections in random or meaningless data.

archerzee said:

Where is your source for Hamas using civilians as human shields? How do you know that Israel never intended to harm children? Is it because they said 'We didn't want to harm children?..
Even asking for a source is ridiculous, obviously no one is safe in a war but bombing civilized areas are what terrorists do, slapping Israel on the bombers doesn't make it any less wrong.

quick google again
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2753176/Hamas-DID-use-schools-hospitals-Gaza-Strip-human-shields-launch-rocket-attacks-Israel-admits-says-mistake.html
http://www.algemeiner.com/2014/08/07/conclusive-proof-that-hamas-uses-palestinians-as-human-shields/

Hamas fired hundreds to thousands of rockets in Israel too http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_rocket_attacks_on_Israel if Israel do not have anti-rocket system like the iron dome then who knows how many have died on the Israel side
Feb 28, 2015 8:27 PM

Aug 2014
The link you provided doesn't even attempt to answer what I said about conspiracy theories, now you're just finding any article left, right and centre with no relation to what we were originally discussing. The link even mentions type 1 errors, which happen with some conspiracy theorists and scientific theories, that's it. However you go to extremes when calling conspiracy theories as delusions and paranoia, even though some are true.

So killing civilians in justified? Even though the defense system can detect and destroy the rocket? There is no point in discussing the 'ifs and buts' in this situation, the bottom line is Israel killed innocent civilians. Posting articles like from DM aren't credible at all, even there comment system is full of nonsense. You can draw your conclusions out with blatant Israel terror on Palestinian civilians, there are many others you can look up too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cafUGDZlZx8
Feb 28, 2015 8:40 PM

Jan 2009
archerzee said:
The link you provided doesn't even attempt to answer what I said about conspiracy theories, now you're just finding any article left, right and centre with no relation to what we were originally discussing. The link even mentions type 1 errors, which happen with some conspiracy theorists and scientific theories, that's it. However you go to extremes when calling conspiracy theories as delusions and paranoia, even though some are true.

what im saying also is that you go to extremes too if you consider conspiracy theories as source of truth, when in fact its just like that type 1 errors or in more simple terms false alarms/warnings, conspiracy theory just like delusions are guesses at best, guess and guess until someday a situation will prove it right

archerzee said:

So killing civilians in justified? Even though the defense system can detect and destroy the rocket? There is no point in discussing the 'ifs and buts' in this situation, the bottom line is Israel killed innocent civilians. Posting articles like from DM aren't credible at all, even there comment system is full of nonsense. You can draw your conclusions out with blatant Israel terror on Palestinian civilians, there are many others you can look up too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cafUGDZlZx8

so as long as more Palestinians are killed then the Israel side is the terrorists? war is unfair dude, what most matter in war is who started it in my honest opinion, for me you can blame whose side started it

the DailyMail is still a good source of news, the only thing i heard that discredit the DialyMail is when they reported that Global Warming is false, what makes the DailyMail not reliable to you?

and ye we are getting offtopic but that is how discussion threads are anyway
Feb 28, 2015 10:14 PM

Jul 2013
So only the side that "starts" the conflict can commit terrorism? By that logic the ends justify the means. Israel went far and beyond what they should have last summer. Not as if thats past tense, they are still inflicting harm upon palestinians now. I am disheartened by how others so readily acceot state sanctioned violence and yt dont see the hypocrisy behind this.
JetFuryFeb 28, 2015 10:17 PM
Feb 28, 2015 10:16 PM

Jan 2009
JetFury said:
So only the side that "starts" the conflict can commit terrorism? By that logic the ends justify the means. Israel went far and beyond what they should have last summer. Not as if thats past tense, they are still inflicting harm upon palestinians now. I find it puzzling how others bristle at the thought that state sanctined violence is inherently acceptable.

its war (unfair) and Israel have the superior military power so no wonder they can kill more, what if we turn it around and say that Hamas has killed more Israel people would you still consider Israel a terrorist?

what do you mean by terrorist anyway?
Feb 28, 2015 10:24 PM

Jul 2013
j0x said:
JetFury said:
So only the side that "starts" the conflict can commit terrorism? By that logic the ends justify the means. Israel went far and beyond what they should have last summer. Not as if thats past tense, they are still inflicting harm upon palestinians now. I find it puzzling how others bristle at the thought that state sanctined violence is inherently acceptable.

its war (unfair) and Israel have the superior military power so no wonder they can kill more, what if we turn it around and say that Hamas has killed more Israel people would you still consider Israel a terrorist?

"War" implies it was an equal struggle. Again, Israel is still commiting violence against palestinians. Its happening right now, its not something that has ended.
Feb 28, 2015 10:29 PM

Jan 2009
JetFury said:
j0x said:

"War" implies it was an equal struggle. Again, Israel is still commiting violence against palestinians. Its happening right now, its not something that has ended.

i know that but Hamas is the one who started this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_rocket_attacks_on_Israel
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_kidnapping_and_murder_of_Israeli_teenagers

what so Israel will just ignore this terrorist attacks on them? Hamas is firing thousands of rockets at them since 2001 and the murder of the 3 Israel kids is when Israel said enough is enough its time for war
Feb 28, 2015 11:20 PM

Jul 2013
j0x said:
JetFury said:

"War" implies it was an equal struggle. Again, Israel is still commiting violence against palestinians. Its happening right now, its not something that has ended.[/quote]

j0x said:
the murder of the 3 Israel kids is when Israel said enough is enough its time for war
http://electronicintifada.net/content/netanyahu-government-knew-teens-were-dead-it-whipped-racist-frenzy/13533

So I ask again: Why do you consider the other side immune to commiting acts of terrorism?
Feb 28, 2015 11:47 PM

Jan 2009
JetFury said:
j0x said:
the murder of the 3 Israel kids is when Israel said enough is enough its time for war
http://electronicintifada.net/content/netanyahu-government-knew-teens-were-dead-it-whipped-racist-frenzy/13533

The Electronic Intifada (EI) is a not-for-profit, independent online publication which covers the Israeli-Palestinian conflict from a Palestinian perspective, "aimed at combating the pro-Israeli, pro-American spin" that it says exists in mainstream media accounts.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Electronic_Intifada

why such a clear bias source of news? even Al Jazeera is more reliable than that one so im not reading that

JetFury said:

So I ask again: Why do you consider the other side immune to commiting acts of terrorism?

i do not, but this is clearly a war not terrorism, war is unfair the thing you said about equal struggle is not existing, clearly Israel has the superior military advantage and they killed a lot of Palestinians as a revenge against the thousands of missiles fired at them and the murder of the 3 Israel teenagers

by your logic any war is terrorism of both sides to each other
degFeb 28, 2015 11:58 PM
Mar 1, 2015 1:22 AM

Jul 2013
j0x said:
The Electronic Intifada (EI) is a not-for-profit, independent online publication which covers the Israeli-Palestinian conflict from a Palestinian perspective, "aimed at combating the pro-Israeli, pro-American spin" that it says exists in mainstream media accounts. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Electronic_Intifada
j0x said:
why such a clear bias source of news? even Al Jazeera is more reliable than that one so im not reading that

If you dont want to read it thats your choice. The article doesnt make the point that hamas affiliates didnt kidnap the three teens. Do note that they already had a history of not following orders [/quote]

JetFury said:
j0x said:

Not quite. Im making the point that superpowers arent incapable of commiting acts of terror. They do yet suffer no major consequences for it. http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/israel-presses-attack-16-killed-at-un-school/2014/07/30/4a643588-17a5-11e4-85b6-c1451e622637_story.html

You see thats the problem with the philosophy of ends justifying the means. It leads to the bombing of schools and hospitals, thus violation of international law. And the defense of such action is justified as 'self defense' nonetheless.

Nor do I consider terrorism limited to use of force. It also includes, among other things, threats and acts of unlawful imprisonment. These type of actions arent just used by ISIS and similar organizations. Western governments(not just israel) are also guilty of it.
JetFuryMar 1, 2015 1:40 AM
Mar 1, 2015 1:58 AM

Jun 2013
j0x said:
MitchD said:

thats hypocritical after you said this earlier
MitchD said:

and i do not have to re-read every science study i have read, because im a lurker on reddit as well so im expose to scientific studies all the time and as well as the debunking of scientific studies that are wrong

and here more evidences straight from the authors of that scientific study you are holding

Michael said:
As the first author of this study, I'd like to address a misleading headline that's been making the rounds lately: the idea that this study says that people who believe 9/11 conspiracy theories are better-adjusted than those who do not. This grossly misinterprets our results: this study says nothing about mental health, and its results do not justify any conclusions about one group of people being more or less "sane" than another. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23847577

Michael said:
Our recently published Frontiers study on online communication, “What about Building 7?” A social psychological study of online discussion of 9/11 conspiracy theories, has been the subject of some chatter on the Internet – but not quite in the way I had hoped. A story by Kevin Barrett on PressTV.ir has interpreted the study as showing that conspiracists are “more sane” than conventionalists, and, given that this is an appealing headline for long-suffering conspiracists, has been copy-pasted around the Internet in a highly uncritical fashion. I’m often guilty of this too – reading the headline and moving on – because who has the time to read every original source of every news story? In this case, of course, the paper says nothing of the sort and the article’s conclusions are based on misrepresentations of several critical findings. http://conspiracypsychology.com/2013/07/13/setting-the-record-straight-on-wood-douglas-2013/

so ye even the authors themselves debunked that idea that says conspiracy theorists are more sane

Critical thinking skills and mental sanity are not the same thing.

I don't assert that conspiracy theorists are "more sane" than anyone else, what I've been asserting from the beginning is that conspiracy theorists are NOT paranoid and delusional simply because they engage with conspiracy theories, critical thinking, and research, and so I shared an alternative view point.

As far as my comment about 9/11 goes I apologise if I caused offense, but it's pretty obvious it wasn't a mental diagnosis akin to "paranoid and delusional"
Mar 1, 2015 1:59 AM

Jan 2009
JetFury said:
j0x said:

Not quite. Im making the point that superpowers arent incapable of commiting acts of terror. They do yet suffer no major consequences for it. http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/israel-presses-attack-16-killed-at-un-school/2014/07/30/4a643588-17a5-11e4-85b6-c1451e622637_story.html

You see thats the problem with the philosophy of ends justifying the means. It leads to the bombing of schools and hospitals, thus violation of international law. And the defense of such action is justified as 'self defense' nonetheless.

Nor do I consider terrorism limited to use of force. It also includes, among other things, threats and acts of unlawful imprisonment. These type of actions arent just used by ISIS and similar organizations. Western governments(not just israel) are also guilty of it.

ye there are laws against war crimes but when war happens those are irrelevant, here in the philippines muslim terrorists tortured and done a lot of war crimes and killed 44 special police force here just recently http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Mamasapano_clash this muslim terrorists did not consider war crimes at all, one war crime i learn is that once an opponent is helpless or cannot fight already then their is no use to torture and kill that person but no this muslim terrorists tortured the special police force like removing their eyes out while they are still alive or cutting limbs their hands/feet while they are still alive before shooting them in the head, it was brutal so no war is fair and follow laws against war crimes

so your point is you see superpowers like Israel and America as the real terrorists? and you think that Palestine group like Hamas are just victims?
Mar 1, 2015 2:10 AM

Jun 2013
j0x said:
JetFury said:

ye there are laws against war crimes but when war happens those are irrelevant, here in the philippines muslim terrorists tortured and done a lot of war crimes and killed 44 special police force here just recently http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Mamasapano_clash this muslim terrorists did not consider war crimes at all, one war crime i learn is that once an opponent is helpless or cannot fight already then their is no use to torture and kill that person but no this muslim terrorists tortured the special police force like removing their eyes out while they are still alive or cutting limbs their hands/feet while they are still alive before shooting them in the head, it was brutal so no war is fair and follow laws against war crimes

so your point is you see superpowers like Israel and America as the real terrorists? and you think that Palestine group like Hamas are just victims?

What I have been trying to say, (and what I think he is trying to say as well) is that it goes both ways. Everyone is all up in arms about the "mooslims" but at the same time, what makes our governments any better?

terrorism
ˈtɛrərɪzəm"
noun
the unofficial or unauthorized use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

This happens every time the west tries to force an eastern country to accept democracy, or when Israel forces Palestinians from their homes to expand their borders, AND it happens when HAMAS fire their rockets, or every time a group of extremists try to force us to accept Sharia Law (which by the way is NOT Islamic) or whatever way of life they believe is best.

Saying that the majority of terrorist acts in the last decade were carried about by Muslims is just flat out wrong, and suggests to me a huge mainstream media bias.

Just be sure to ask questions when watching the news, propaganda is still propaganda, no matter who it comes from:

MitchDMar 1, 2015 2:15 AM
Mar 1, 2015 2:21 AM

Jan 2009
MitchD said:

What I have been trying to say, (and what I think he is trying to say as well) is that it goes both ways. Everyone is all up in arms about the "mooslims" but at the same time, what makes our governments any better?

thats why i asked him earlier if this is his view

and if he agrees with that then sure i can see how war can be terrorism of both sides even though the definition of terrorism is lessen and the definition of war becomes more broad

MitchD said:

This happens every time the west tries to force an eastern country to accept democracy, or when Israel forces Palestinians from their homes to expand their borders, AND it happens when HAMAS fire their rockets, or every time a group of extremists try to force us to accept Sharia Law (which by the way is NOT Islamic) or whatever way of life they believe is best.

so ye i can see why both sides does terrorism to each other so i still say the majority of the blame is who did the terrorism first

MitchD said:

Saying that the majority of terrorist acts in the last decade were carried about by Muslims is just flat out wrong, and suggests to me a huge mainstream media bias.

i can also say that the media is focusing on who attacked or terrorize first, we have the internet now to have more sources of information of what conspiracy theories maybe true but so far the conspiracy theories about 9/11 being an inside job has no real evidence and just a lot of confirmation bias
Mar 1, 2015 2:26 AM

Jul 2013
j0x said:
JetFury said:

ye there are laws against war crimes but when war happens those are irrelevant
And thats the problem. How easily you dismiss the loss of palestinian life and accept the fact that there will be no repercussions for a major crime makes me question your judgment. I dont see how one can credibly criticize the actions of some at the omission of other similar atrocities. Moreover a state that claims to be an accepting beacon of democracy should be held to a higher standard.

j0x said:

Did you not read this?

Jet said:
Nor do I consider terrorism limited to use of force. It also includes, among other things, threats and acts of unlawful imprisonment. These type of actions arent just used by ISIS and similar organizations. Western governments(not just israel) are also guilty of it
Mar 1, 2015 2:33 AM

Jan 2009
JetFury said:
j0x said:

ye there are laws against war crimes but when war happens those are irrelevant
And thats the problem. How easily you dismiss the loss of palestinian life and accept the fact that there will be no repercussions for a major crime makes me question your judgment. I dont see how one can credibly criticize the actions of some at the omission of other similar atrocities. Moreover a state that claims to be an accepting beacon of democracy should be held to a higher standard.

well thats just my stance since like i said time and time again war is unfair and the ones who should be blame the most is who started it

JetFury said:

j0x said:

Did you not read this?

Jet said:
Nor do I consider terrorism limited to use of force. It also includes, among other things, threats and acts of unlawful imprisonment. These type of actions arent just used by ISIS and similar organizations. Western governments(not just israel) are also guilty of it

fair enough i read that line fast that it did not sink in to me
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.