Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 1, 2009 1:32 PM
Dec 1, 2009 1:37 PM

Oct 2007
Another great episode, FMA:B just keeps delivering. The second Miles talked I recognized the voice of course.

Olivier carries on being awesome like usual. Especially that last close-up where she says:

"I'll show you how we do things at Briggs."

She's just to cool >_< I think her VA is really fitting.

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Dec 1, 2009 1:42 PM

May 2007
Ok first of all, that Miles guy is hot. XD And I wonder if Scar will find out about him and if he does, what will his reaction be? Also Olivier is more and more awesome with each episode. Now, Sloth... why is he there? Where did he come from? Interesting. :O

Dec 1, 2009 3:28 PM

Jul 2008
Smasher said:
Another great episode, FMA:B just keeps delivering. The second Miles talked I recognized the voice of course.

Olivier carries on being awesome like usual. Especially that last close-up where she says:

"I'll show you how we do things at Briggs."

She's just to cool >_< I think her VA is really fitting.

uu...I like Olivier..both scary and cool at the same time^^ hehee..nice ep. i wanna see more :)

I didn't want to hurt you but you're pretty when you cry. I didn't really love you but I'm pretty when I lie.

Dec 1, 2009 6:50 PM

Nov 2007
So we finally see Sloth.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Dec 1, 2009 8:22 PM

Mar 2009
tachyonserj said:
I'm still confused.. I can't find a subbed version anywhere. Could someone please help me out here? Thank you.

http://eclipse.speedsubs.org/ --> direct torrent from the best fansub group for this show
http://isohunt.com/ --> everything is there
http://www.lolipower.org/ --> DDL
http://www.animetake.com/ -->DDL
http://www.nyaatorrents.org/ --> torrent
(>-.-)> d(>.<)b <(-.-<)
Dec 1, 2009 8:40 PM

Jan 2009
Olivia is fucking hot.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Dec 1, 2009 9:37 PM
Jan 2009
Somehow sloth makes me laugh.
Dec 1, 2009 9:42 PM

Nov 2008
aminorsus2 said:
Somehow sloth makes me laugh.

me too lol he says simple things and they're probably things we think everyday xD
Dec 1, 2009 10:30 PM

Jun 2008
Brotherhood continues being awesome. A little settle down at start and action at the second half. Can't wait for next week to learn what the hell is this new Homunculus.
The guy really doesn't seem that bad. He is just an idiot that wants to dig. If they left him alone he could get out of there by him self.
BTW was that Kenpachi? He even looks a little like him.
Ed would have to give some explanation in the future and with that crazy guy coming there thing will get messy especially if they meet.
MonadDec 1, 2009 10:47 PM
Dec 1, 2009 11:15 PM

Apr 2009
kkmaster1337 said:
is it me or sloth sounds like Madao?

I thought it was just me, it sounded like him to me too. That would be funny if Gendo Ikari was Sloth xD
EDIT: I checked. Yep, we were right :D
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Dec 1, 2009 11:34 PM

Mar 2009
Oh gods, I'm so in love with Olivier. This show just keeps getting better and better. I really need to pick up the manga when I have the time... I can't wait for the next episode.
Dec 2, 2009 12:27 AM

Oct 2008
loved it......absolutely loved it.....
Dec 2, 2009 12:45 AM

Jul 2009
Yay for Sloth appeared in this episode!!
Oliver using bazookas & commanding tanks to fire Sloth is so badass.
Poor Falman, always been make fun by Elric brothers XD
Next episode should be interesting & some mysteries will resolves.
Dec 2, 2009 1:07 AM

Jul 2008
So I'm not the only one going nuts over Olivier, awesome.
Dec 2, 2009 2:20 AM

Aug 2009
Go Sloth go!
Dec 2, 2009 3:12 AM
Jul 2009
oh, i missed sth. Arghh...i gotta dwnload !
Dec 2, 2009 4:48 AM

Jul 2007
Ed and Al have some super vision to be able to see the tattoo on Sloth's back when he's facing them XD
Dec 2, 2009 8:36 AM
Jun 2008
Nooo! I want the next episode!!! >.<
Dec 2, 2009 8:38 AM

Apr 2009
omg that Ishibal guy has Zoro/Mugen's voice acting o_O
awesome episode btw...

man the week wouldnt be the same without brotherhood ;P
Dec 2, 2009 12:13 PM
Oct 2009
So true man, I like the voice acting of the new characters as well. Can't get the party started without Sloth, now we just need to have Pride.
Dec 2, 2009 3:24 PM

Apr 2009
Yessss, Sloth! :D
Love the character, and Tachiki Fumihiko was a great choice, even if I wouldn't have necessarily thought of him. (He did Gendou Ikari from Eva, and does Kenpachi from Bleach)
Also loved seeing Miles get to talk a bit this week. I've always really liked that scene with Ed.
And poooor Falman. XD;
Dec 2, 2009 7:12 PM

Jun 2008
Sloth really is what he is. He dull (mentally), has no interest in what's around him and just wants to walk around. Fighting doesn't seem to be something he wants to do!! Yeah!! Great episode.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Dec 2, 2009 8:03 PM
Jul 2018
God, Olivier is sooooooooo awesome. I love, love, love her!!! I think Brotherhood makes me love her twice as much as I do in the manga. <3
I really liked Sloth's voice. I always found it kind of hard to picture how he would sound, but it's absolutely perfect for him.

Can't wait for next week and some more Kimblee and Miles.
Dec 3, 2009 6:45 AM

May 2009
By the time my excitement of seeing Briggs and Olivier waned, half the episode was through. Poor Falman lol.

Miles looks awesome :D
Dang, just now looking for Miles' seiyu, Wikipedia told me about Buccaneer =_=; I guess it was just stupid of me.

Anyway, about the episode, I just hate that we have to wait till next episode for the conclusion.

9/10; Kick a** episode though, overall.
Dec 3, 2009 10:45 AM

Feb 2009
Man. Other anime may have female characters who are more powerful and ruthless, but as far as pure, epic badassery, FMA has the monopoly. Olivier is right up there with Izumi.

Dec 3, 2009 12:11 PM

May 2009
Ahhhhhhh... This is so exciting xD
Sloth's voice is awesome! Perfect pick and adaptation :D

Mendokusee :D
Dec 3, 2009 4:12 PM

Feb 2009
Nooooooeeessss how can it end like that. ><

Anyway, great episode, I didn't see the time pass while watching it. The Briggs arc is really starting out good.
Dec 3, 2009 5:01 PM

Nov 2007
not a bad episode...nothing much to say though

still wrote on it though
http://gamesmind.wordpress.com/2009/12/03/fullmetal-alchemist-34-burning-ice/
Dec 3, 2009 8:00 PM

Feb 2009
Since the last episode was so good, its amazing how this one managed to be even better... FMA really doesn't let down.

And... Enter Sloth! Argh I wanna see that Behemoth wrecking havoc!

Oh in the last ep discussion I stated how I didn't understand all this Oliver commotion, however this episode they introduce a really nice character! Miles! Really liked the image and personality, I hope we'll see enough of him!
Dec 3, 2009 8:14 PM

Feb 2008
Wah *---* great episode!
Briggs' background is so nicely done! I can almost feel the cold air...

Miles' voice is perfect! It made him look even more hawt XD OH GOD I THINK MILES IS HOT *punches* he's an awesome character...

Olivier is so pretty! In every scene she was in, I just couldn't stop looking at her beautiful hair *--* it looks so awesome <333 and I'm used to her voice now. x3 so good!

Can't wait for more! oh yes!~~
[Olivier is so hot that I even forget that I'm an Ed fangirl c_c where are the shirtless/fanservice scenes??]
Dec 4, 2009 12:18 AM

Jan 2009
Surprise Kazuya Nakai made my day.

Also, Olivier is a whole lot of woman.
DeadBonesBrookDec 4, 2009 2:22 AM
Dec 4, 2009 7:06 AM

Feb 2009
And I gotta say this:

Olivier has the most amazing lips in the history of anime.

Dec 4, 2009 7:21 AM

Jun 2009
Good episode
Dec 4, 2009 4:54 PM

Feb 2009
ArnoldK said:
And I gotta say this:

Olivier has the most amazing lips in the history of anime.

LIES!
Dec 4, 2009 9:42 PM

Jun 2007
so sloth make an appearance
he seems clumsy ^^
why edward dont want to tell Olivier de truth?
hmm
great episode ;D
Dec 5, 2009 1:15 AM

Jan 2009
yeyawankenobi said:
hmm

Well that's kinda obvious ain't it?
Or at least in my point of view (have not read the manga yet) he's hesitating to tell Olivier because she might just be in cohorts with the homunculus.
Which would put Ed and Al in a quite difficult situation, and which in turn is why they don't tell her everything.
That's my view on things anyway.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 5, 2009 2:43 AM

Jun 2008
Oosran said:
yeyawankenobi said:
hmm

Or at least in my point of view (have not read the manga yet) he's hesitating to tell Olivier because she might just be in cohorts with the homunculus. Which would put Ed and Al in a quite difficult situation, and which in turn is why they don't tell her everything. That's my view on things anyway.
Father and the Führer let Ed and Al roam freely although they know what they know about homunculi. They are important sacrifices. Therefore if Olivier is involved with the homunculi she wouldn't be allowed to harm them.
In the case Olivier doesn't know they could win her over.
There really is no benefit in not telling her. It just makes those two suspicious.
Dec 5, 2009 3:10 AM

Jan 2009
Proselyt said:
Oosran said:
yeyawankenobi said:
hmm

Or at least in my point of view (have not read the manga yet) he's hesitating to tell Olivier because she might just be in cohorts with the homunculus. Which would put Ed and Al in a quite difficult situation, and which in turn is why they don't tell her everything. That's my view on things anyway.
Father and the Führer let Ed and Al roam freely although they know what they know about homunculi. They are important sacrifices. Therefore if Olivier is involved with the homunculi she wouldn't be allowed to harm them.
In the case Olivier doesn't know they could win her over.
There really is no benefit in not telling her. It just makes those two suspicious.

Indeed it does, but Ed and Al might've thought it wouldn't be a good idea to tell her.
Or they're thinking something like "OH SHI- if we tell her, maybe they'll start targetting her too! We wouldn't want that now would we D:"? xD
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 5, 2009 3:31 AM

Jun 2008
Oosran said:

Indeed it does, but Ed and Al might've thought it wouldn't be a good idea to tell her.
Or they're thinking something like "OH SHI- if we tell her, maybe they'll start targetting her too! We wouldn't want that now would we D:"? xD
Yeah she looks like she totally can't handle something like that!
As if she would believe two little kids who say that the military has been infiltrated by artificial lifeforms who want to kill everybody.
Dec 5, 2009 3:33 AM

Jan 2009
Proselyt said:
Oosran said:

As if she would believe two little kids who say that the military has been infiltrated by artificial lifeforms who want to kill everybody.

Which could be another reason why they're hesitating to tell her.
Dec 5, 2009 5:15 AM

Feb 2009
Oosran said:
Proselyt said:
Oosran said:

Which could be another reason why they're hesitating to tell her.

I think it's just that they don't want to risk the top brass like Bradley finding out that they're spreading word of what they know.

Dec 5, 2009 9:34 AM

Jun 2008
ArnoldK said:

I think it's just that they don't want to risk the top brass like Bradley finding out that they're spreading word of what they know.
Bradley cares about that? He would have captured them if he cared.
They've already massively spread word. The Führer isn't so naive, he thinks they wouldn't. He even released Mustang after he caught him spreading word although he isn't an important hostage.
All in all it's no plausble reason.
Dec 5, 2009 10:32 AM

Apr 2008
I just want to say that the subtitles I watched had Miles speaking random Portuguese about Olivier and it made me laugh loud! :lol

"nao, estava a falar a serio..." ("She was talking to me seriously..")< or something like that

And hell yeah! The eyecatches were Miles/Sloth! *ish good*
shakeyourpup45Dec 5, 2009 10:40 AM
Dec 5, 2009 12:32 PM
May 2008
Good episode, but the pacing seemed a bit awkward imo. I don't think the dialogue and the battle flowed that well, or at least to be in the same episode.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Dec 5, 2009 1:56 PM

Feb 2009
Proselyt said:
ArnoldK said:

Bradley cares about that? He would have captured them if he cared.
They've already massively spread word. The Führer isn't so naive, he thinks they wouldn't. He even released Mustang after he caught him spreading word although he isn't an important hostage.
All in all it's no plausble reason.

Bradley doesn't need to capture them, he has Winry under his thumb. Remember the scene with Ed, Bradley, and Mustang where Ed threatened to leave the military and expose the truth to everyone. Bradley made it very clear that if Ed does anything of the sort, Winry's dead. They haven't spread word to other members of the military since.

Dec 5, 2009 2:49 PM

Feb 2009
Sloth is such a cutie. <33
Dec 6, 2009 4:06 PM

Aug 2007
Amazing episode. Olivier's seiyuu makes her 100x more awesome, if that's possible. I can't wait for the next one.
Dec 7, 2009 3:46 AM

Sep 2008
Subarashii!!

So, Sloth the Homunculus has finally appeared.

Olivier: "And why can't you answer?"
Ed: "Please try to realize..."

That smile of Olivier while saying: "I'll show you how we do things at Briggs." were quite evil :o

"All that stands in our way shall be annihilated. This is the law of the North."

5/5!

Can't wait for next ep~

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Dec 7, 2009 5:52 AM

Oct 2009
Sloth rocks

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Aug 9, 2009

358 by Pavbg »»
Yesterday, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

969 by wretuo »»
Yesterday, 11:19 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 63 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jun 27, 2010

376 by wretuo »»
Yesterday, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 5, 2009

620 by guikenshin »»
May 11, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ahenshihael - Aug 2, 2009

211 by TheBrokenBoyy »»
May 9, 5:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.