Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

If Fate/Hollow Ataraxia didn't exist, would you still like the F/SN servants better than the F/Z ones?(spoilers)

New
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 23, 2015 4:20 PM

Sep 2013
Senpai-chan praised me *o*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2015 4:52 PM

Sep 2014
Kurisu-chan is too awesome not to be in your top 10 Mick. How dare you?!? Especially when you have 1 free slot just waiting for her... lol
Jan 23, 2015 4:56 PM

Sep 2014
FlameseeK said:
Kurisu-chan is too awesome not to be in your top 10 Mick. How dare you?!? Especially when you have 1 free slot just waiting for her... lol

It's for best detective Cherly.
The sun is a deadly laser
Jan 23, 2015 4:58 PM

Sep 2013
FlameseeK said:

I'll add my assistant to the list if and when I desire it, not before :P
mira-lala said:

It's for best detective Cherly.

http://i.imgur.com/KaSvUFf.jpg
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2015 5:31 PM

Oct 2013
I wouldn't necessarily consider zero saber a stick in the mud like a lot of other people are saying. She came off as more stoic to me. When she was alone with Irisviel, she seemed to have a slightly warmer personality at times. But I think the main reason as to why her personality is more open in F/SN was because of the people she was around. In Zero, the masters took the war far more seriously. They were always plotting and strategizing and there were no slow slice of life moments like in F/SN. It didn't seem like there was time for saber to spend a day to enjoy a cup of tea with Kiritsugu or anything like that. He was too busy planning his next move against the enemy. There seemed to be more action and less relaxing going on in Zero. However, with F/SN, the characters (especially shirou) seem to be a bit more casual about the war and take their time with the strategies. Shirou of course was far more friendlier to saber than kerry ever was. There were days where Shirou and Saber would pretty much do nothing about the war and just enjoy hanging out together. Living in such a warmer environment, it's somewhat understandable to see saber open up a bit more. Of course there's other factors mentioned like how saber saw herself in shirou, and how she decided to change from the previous war when she was given a second chance, but I could see this as being another factor to her more open personality.
I'd go with emobubbles, but someone else already had it, damn bastard.
Jan 23, 2015 5:35 PM

Sep 2013
emoblossom123 said:
I wouldn't necessarily consider zero saber a stick in the mud like a lot of other people are saying. She came off as more stoic to me. When she was alone with Irisviel, she seemed to have a slightly warmer personality at times. But I think the main reason as to why her personality is more open in F/SN was because of the people she was around. In Zero, the masters took the war far more seriously. They were always plotting and strategizing and there were no slow slice of life moments like in F/SN. It didn't seem like there was time for saber to spend a day to enjoy a cup of tea with Kiritsugu or anything like that. He was too busy planning his next move against the enemy. There seemed to be more action and less relaxing going on in Zero. However, with F/SN, the characters (especially shirou) seem to be a bit more casual about the war and take their time with the strategies. Shirou of course was far more friendlier to saber than kerry ever was. There were days where Shirou and Saber would pretty much do nothing about the war and just enjoy hanging out together. Living in such a warmer environment, it's somewhat understandable to see saber open up a bit more. Of course there's other factors mentioned like how saber saw herself in shirou, and how she decided to change from the previous war when she was given a second chance, but I could see this as being another factor to her more open personality.

Awesome post, and MAL finally fixed the damn pictures!!!!

Rejoice!
Jan 23, 2015 5:39 PM

Jul 2007
emoblossom123 said:
I wouldn't necessarily consider zero saber a stick in the mud like a lot of other people are saying. She came off as more stoic to me. When she was alone with Irisviel, she seemed to have a slightly warmer personality at times. But I think the main reason as to why her personality is more open in F/SN was because of the people she was around.

That still does not explain her blurting chivalry eveyrwhere. If anything she should have been more of a weapon like she was in her life then. Not this "PRIDE AND CHIVALRY" crap.
[
In Zero, the masters took the war far more seriously. They were always plotting and strategizing and there were no slow slice of life moments like in F/SN.

Implying FSN masters are not taking it seriously.
It didn't seem like there was time for saber to spend a day to enjoy a cup of tea with Kiritsugu or anything like that.

She had plenty of time to goof with Iris. THe show simply did not focus on it for whatever reason(BECAUSE CHVALRY)
He was too busy planning his next move against the enemy.

Disagree(arely anything Kerry did was "plans", more like "do shit and hope for the best"), but okay.
[quoe]There seemed to be more action and less relaxing going on in Zero.[/quote]
Except that so far there's more action in UBW than in first cour of Zero so nope.
There were days where Shirou and Saber would pretty much do nothing about the war and just enjoy hanging out together.

I must have missed those.
Living in such a warmer environment, it's somewhat understandable to see saber open up a bit more. Of course there's other factors mentioned like how saber saw herself in shirou, and how she decided to change from the previous war when she was given a second chance, but I could see this as being another factor to her more open personality.

That still does not explain her behavior in fourth war being inconsistent with her life in the past.
Jan 23, 2015 6:01 PM

Aug 2009
>Implying that she acts differently in FSN

But lets shit on Zero, who cares about unbiased comparisons based on different situations and characters, right?

You know it wont surprise me at all if in summer you start shiiting on ufoFSN in order to make Prisma Hertz look better.
ssjokgJan 23, 2015 6:06 PM
Jan 23, 2015 6:07 PM

Dec 2012
Didn't play/read HA.

Fav to least fav (some ranks are really close):

1. F/SN Archer
2. Saber
3. F/Z Rider
4. Gil
5. F/SN Lancer
6. F/SN Berserker
7. F/Z Berserker
8. F/SN Assassin
9. F/SN Rider
10. F/Z Caster
11. F/SN True Assassin
12. F/Z Lancer
13. F/SN Caster
14. F/Z Assassin
Jan 23, 2015 6:19 PM

Sep 2014
HentaiPriest said:
>Implying that she acts differently in FSN

But lets shit on Zero, who cares about unbiased comparisons based on different situations and characters, right?

You know it wont surprise me at all if in summer you start shiiting on ufoFSN in order to make Prisma Hertz look better.

He already has tho.
The sun is a deadly laser
Jan 23, 2015 6:31 PM

May 2014
tsuyurii said:
FSN Lancer > FSN Archer > FZ Archer/Gil > FSN Saber > FZ Caster > FSN Rider > FZ Rider > FSN Assassin > FSN caster > True Assassin > FSN Gil > FSN Berserker > FZ Berserker > FZ Saber > FZ Lancer > FZ Assassin

I haven't read Hollow Ataraxia yet

Doooo iiiit

HentaiPriest said:
In FHA,in the night scene "monster" with Rider;Does anyone have the image that flashes for a moment?

Dis wan?
http://i.imgur.com/IMMUuTi.jpg

I <3 Rida
Jan 24, 2015 1:01 AM

Nov 2012
emoblossom123 said:
There seemed to be more action and less relaxing going on in Zero.

There was? I think someone should rewatch the first three episodes of Fate/Zero and then remember that its pacing was like that all the time.

Zero had more serious dialogue and UBW had more SoL, but the SoL moments were not nearly as long as Fate/Zero's propensity to wax philosophical for episodes on end.
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL
Jan 24, 2015 1:35 AM

Aug 2014
tsuyurii said:
FSN Lancer > FSN Archer > FZ Archer/Gil > FSN Saber > FZ Caster > FSN Rider > FZ Rider > FSN Assassin > FSN caster > True Assassin > FSN Gil > FSN Berserker > FZ Berserker > FZ Saber > FZ Lancer > FZ Assassin

You missed kikiki
HentaiPriest said:
In FHA,in the night scene "monster" with Rider;Does anyone have the image that flashes for a moment?

You'll get it in the CG gallery once you complete a certain night scene but anyways, here;
http://s12.postimg.org/uaswa9kct/nght.png
Or did you mean Wrongs pic?
CookingPriest said:

Day 12
InsertanamehereJan 24, 2015 1:39 AM
Jan 24, 2015 1:57 AM

Aug 2009
WrongPriest said:
tsuyurii said:

Doooo iiiit

HentaiPriest said:

Dis wan?
http://i.imgur.com/IMMUuTi.jpg

I <3 Rida
Insertanamehere said:
tsuyurii said:

You missed kikiki
HentaiPriest said:

You'll get it in the CG gallery once you complete a certain night scene but anyways, here;
http://s12.postimg.org/uaswa9kct/nght.png
Or did you mean Wrongs pic?
CookingPriest said:

Day 12
No I am pretty sure it is a night scene CG.At first I thought it was about the HF Shadow but reading further made me think it was about the Gorgon.It is like what Insertanamehere but without dog shadows , it has Rider's silhouette instead.

It hasnt appeared in the gallery and I cant find the scene in YT to show it to you.
Jan 24, 2015 2:01 AM

Aug 2014
I just checked, it's basically the one I posted sans the dog shadows, though you won't be able to find it like that.

The image, despite being used in that conversation, is actually primarily relevant to another scene.
Jan 24, 2015 2:05 AM

Aug 2014
Seriously guys, Hassan is my bro kikikiki

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jan 24, 2015 2:15 AM

Aug 2009
Insertanamehere said:
I just checked, it's basically the one I posted sans the dog shadows, though you won't be able to find it like that.

The image, despite being used in that conversation, is actually primarily relevant to another scene.
Ah so it appears again without quickly fading.
Jan 24, 2015 2:17 AM

Aug 2014
HentaiPriest said:
Insertanamehere said:

Ah so it appears again without quickly fading.

Not quite the same one, all the others have the dog shadows in them IIRC
Jan 24, 2015 2:20 AM
Jan 24, 2015 2:21 AM

Jul 2007
Insertanamehere said:

CookingPriest said:

Day 12

If you thin that was just them enjoying themselves you are SERIOUSLY missing the point of that.
Jan 24, 2015 2:24 AM

Aug 2014
CookingPriest said:
Insertanamehere said:

Day 12

If you thin that was just them enjoying themselves you are SERIOUSLY missing the point of that.

It is them just "hanging out", though.
Jan 24, 2015 2:35 AM

Aug 2014
Does hassan get any fanservice in HA?

Jan 24, 2015 2:36 AM

Aug 2014
black1blade said:
Does hassan get any fanservice in HA?

You're going to be disappoint.............................but he's not in the main story.

He is in the Hanafuda thing though
Jan 24, 2015 2:37 AM

Aug 2014
you got a dirk in your back yet?

Jan 24, 2015 2:49 AM

Dec 2013
Insertanamehere said:
tsuyurii said:

You missed kikiki
True Assassin? He's there, I hid him because spoilers.
BAN ME
Jan 24, 2015 2:53 AM

Aug 2014
tsuyurii said:
Insertanamehere said:

You missed kikiki
True Assassin? He's there, I hid him because spoilers.

Oh right.
derp
Though the thread has (spoilers) in the title anyway
Jan 24, 2015 2:56 AM
Jan 24, 2015 3:00 AM

Aug 2014
In that case, the shadows are actually still there, just not so visible
http://s11.postimg.org/3psuv9kkj/nght.png
Jan 24, 2015 3:00 AM

Jul 2007
Insertanamehere said:
CookingPriest said:

Nope. I have re-read fate and it is more about

The difference is that such a scene in Zero would be done on a gloomy rooftop with both of them in black coats and smoking.
Jan 24, 2015 3:03 AM

Aug 2014
CookingPriest said:
Insertanamehere said:

Nope. I have re-read fate and it is more about

The difference is that such a scene in Zero would be done on a gloomy rooftop with both of them in black coats and smoking.

Wait what, aren't you talking about day 14's date?
I'm not saying the whole day was like btw, just that it was, excluding the discussion with Rin about magic and Shirou and Sabers discussion in the shed, a more "relaxed" day, so to speak.
Jan 24, 2015 3:06 AM

Jul 2007

You are confusing the tone of the atmosphere with the tone of character psyche.

The ONLY cases Shirou is "relaxed" is either when Taiga is doing crazy shit or when he is trolling Rin. Most of other time is spent thinking about events at hand.

Remind me what was day 12 again?
Jan 24, 2015 3:15 AM

Aug 2009
Insertanamehere said:
Well I didnt see them before I screen captured it.
But they arent what I care about.
Jan 24, 2015 3:22 AM

Aug 2014
HentaiPriest said:
Insertanamehere said:
Well I didnt see them before I screen captured it.
But they arent what I care about.

My point was that there is no version of the image without them but the image in question has nothing to do with gorgon Rider
CookingPriest said:

Remind me what was day 12 again?

Err.....I think basically they decide to let Illya stay, have breakfast, train, talk with Rin about projection and Saber, the bath thing, and a talk in the shed.
Jan 24, 2015 9:57 PM

Oct 2013
MiniSiets said:
emoblossom123 said:
There seemed to be more action and less relaxing going on in Zero.

There was? I think someone should rewatch the first three episodes of Fate/Zero and then remember that its pacing was like that all the time.

Zero had more serious dialogue and UBW had more SoL, but the SoL moments were not nearly as long as Fate/Zero's propensity to wax philosophical for episodes on end.

Yeah, I shouldn't have said action. What I was trying to get across was that F/Z had less relaxing scenes. The scenes that didn't involve fighting were usually exposition or plotting or something not relevant to SoL. UBW of course has tons of action scenes and important dialogue moments, but it's spread out more with SoL filling in the spaces.

And to CookingPriest: I was not trying to imply that the FSN masters aren't taking the war seriously. I know they are. It's just they seem to take the seriousness up a notch in F/Z. (Planting bombs in 150 m hotels and blowing them up and shit)
emobuttercupJan 24, 2015 10:39 PM
Jan 24, 2015 10:08 PM

Jan 2014
emoblossom123 said:

And to CookingPriest: I was not trying to imply that the FSN masters aren't taking the war seriously. I know they are. It's just they seem to take the seriousness up a notch in F/Z. (Planting bombs in 150 m hotels and blowing them up and shit)

I feel like in FZ, the only people who taking the war "seriously" are Kerry and Kayneth.

- Tokiomi and Kirei plan things all the time but does really little.

- Waver is laid back.

- Caster is just chilling around and killing children. (until Saber pisses him off enough to summon the monster, but again, he doesn't do that to win)

- Kariya just shows off his Servant

None in FZ ever reach the degree of control over the war like FSN Caster.

Just my opinion.
Just_ChickenJan 24, 2015 10:16 PM
Jan 24, 2015 10:30 PM

Oct 2013
chickenonthepan said:
emoblossom123 said:

I feel like in FZ, the only people who taking the war "seriously" are Kerry and Kayneth.

- Waver is laid back.

- Caster is just chilling around and killing children. (until Saber pisses him off enough to summon the monster, but again, he doesn't do that to win)

Just my opinion.

Yeah, Caster and his master were kinda on the crazy side, but I thought he was killing children for spells and stuff. (and entertaining his master at the same time in the process). I will say ryunnosuke didn't give a damn about the war itself.
I thought Tokiomi and Kirei and kayneth were getting pretty involved, they were just trying to work from behind the curtains and far away. Strategizing is just as important as the front lines.
I'll agree with waiver and rider, they seemed the most chill out of the bunch.
Kariya was probably as hell bent about this war as Kiritsugu was. I don't think he ever had a happy, laid back moment once he got involved in the war. He was all for getting stronger as fast as possible to save sakura during the whole thing. I think he spent a year prior in the bug chamber to raise his mana levels or something like that. And he definitely tried to do some fighting on his own ( he just failed miserably is all)
Jan 24, 2015 10:47 PM

Aug 2009
Tokiomi's only plan was having one Assassin die to trick the others and then stay home and wait for the others to kill themselves.
Kayneth didnt plan anything.His raid in the castle was the stupidest ting he could do at the moment.
Kirei was obeying Tokiomi.

Shinji alone did more in FSN.

At the very least his plan didnt fail in DAY 2 of the war.
Jan 25, 2015 9:30 AM

Dec 2012
chickenonthepan said:

- Waver is laid back.

Just my opinion.

1. Team Kiritsugu: Strategic; gathered intel on most of the Masters; had to change strategy to eliminate Kayneth/Lancer immediately due to Saber's wound.

2. Team Tokiomi/Kotomine: Use Assassins to learn about the abilities and Noble Phantasms of the other Servants before they unleash Archer at ease without being surprised by a fast one.

3. Team Kayneth: Insane magical defense at the Hyatt (too bad they didn't expect a non-magic hotel bombing); distracting a wounded Saber with Lancer as Kayneth kills off Saber's master was not that bad considering Kayneth strongly believed in his abilities.

4. Team Waver: Low-profile hideout. Rider was calling the shots. Rider drew in all the Servants and saw a lot of their abilities. He tried finding a non-violent solution. Him and Waver always kept on the move, and destroyed Caster's lair.

5. Team Kariya: Became too consumed to screw over and murder Tokiomi. He couldn't expend that much energy b/c Berserker.

6. Team Ryuunosuke: Lol fuck the war, let's kill some kids.
VenaenJan 25, 2015 9:33 AM
Jan 25, 2015 9:37 AM

May 2014
-kV- said:

4. Team Waver: Low-profile hideout. Rider was calling the shots. Rider drew in all the Servants and saw a lot of their abilities. He tried finding a non-violent solution. Him and Waver always kept on the move, and destroyed Caster's lair.

My god the stratogery

Jokes, I agree to a point.
Jan 25, 2015 10:06 AM

Feb 2009
-kV- said:
chickenonthepan said:

- Waver is laid back.

Just my opinion.

1. Team Kiritsugu: Strategic; gathered intel on most of the Masters; had to change strategy to eliminate Kayneth/Lancer immediately due to Saber's wound.

2. Team Tokiomi/Kotomine: Use Assassins to learn about the abilities and Noble Phantasms of the other Servants before they unleash Archer at ease without being surprised by a fast one.

3. Team Kayneth: Insane magical defense at the Hyatt (too bad they didn't expect a non-magic hotel bombing); distracting a wounded Saber with Lancer as Kayneth kills off Saber's master was not that bad considering Kayneth strongly believed in his abilities.

5. Team Kariya: Became too consumed to screw over and murder Tokiomi. He couldn't expend that much energy b/c Berserker.

6. Team Ryuunosuke: Lol fuck the war, let's kill some kids.

2. "Let's send all Assassins to the drinking party and wait for Rider to prepare his ultimate move. Oh, and they must definitely ignore Rider's master, who's standing about half a meter from one of the Assassins. We can't get the info about the servant if his master is dead, after all!"

3. I didn't know that "Lol, I'm awesome" makes a strategy viable. Also, assumption is a mother of all fuck ups.

4. Rider's had some pretty idiotic decisions himself. The only reason he stayed in the game is because of point #2.

5. "That pussy is mine!" spiral into madness.

Sometimes Zero cast feels like a comedic trope lol.
Stev said:
ayy lmao
Jan 25, 2015 10:17 AM

Jul 2007
-kV- said:

People keep talking on how much he planned yet his "plans" were litterally luck and "sitting with sniper riffle". If FSN Caster was in that War, Kerry would die in first day from his "plans".

And then they sat in the basement drinking wine and wasting time till they betrayed each other. So much strategy wow.

Yeah and then he goes to attack the mansion being all prideful villain and underestimates every single of his opponents. Then dies in most pathetic way. So much strategy.

lolwut. you must be not serious.
.......You must be joking.
There's no way you actually believe this part.
Those two sat for the whole war playing video games and then went to randomly fight Gil.That's it. Even freaking FSN-Illya has more strategy and she is not even interested in the war itself and more in fucking around.

Does not change that he was a despicable man only thinking about NTR-ing Aoi. Neither Tokiomi nor Kariya never used their brains for anything in the war.
Jan 25, 2015 10:22 AM

Apr 2014
CookingPriest said:

And then they sat in the basement drinking wine and wasting time till they betrayed each other. So much strategy wow.

Hey, wine is srs business.
Jan 25, 2015 10:23 AM

May 2014
Well at least they were trying lol
Jan 25, 2015 10:25 AM

Jul 2007
WrongPriest said:
Well at least they were trying lol

Shirou did more trying at war in first three UBW and HF days than all Fourth War Masters together
Jan 25, 2015 10:25 AM

Sep 2013
ZeroDragon said:
CookingPriest said:

Hey, wine is srs business.

lol don b instulin mai wine!
Jan 25, 2015 10:31 AM

Mar 2013
If Fate/Hollow Ataraxia didn't exist, would you still like the F/SN servants better than the F/Z ones?(spoilers)

Yes? F/sn is literally the only VN/game/whatever that I've gone through with those servants, and I still like them more. I try to think of a reason why I'd like the F/Z ones more... but can't find even one.
Jan 25, 2015 11:24 AM

Dec 2012
HungryPriest said:

2. "Let's send all Assassins to the drinking party and wait for Rider to prepare his ultimate move. Oh, and they must definitely ignore Rider's master, standing about half a meter from one of the Assassins. We can't get the info about the servant if his master is dead, after all!"

Rider easily stopped the Assassins from murdering Waver at Caster's lair. I assume Rider instinctively knew Waver was not in danger when the Assassins appeared at the drinking party. How ufotable animated that scene didn't help...

3. I didn't know that "Lol, I'm awesome" makes a strategy viable. Also, assumption is a mother of all fuck ups.

It's like how Kerry goes off to murder other people because he's confident in his sniping, bomb-making, etc. Kayneth was a master mage. The other teams were busy dealing with Caster. Kayneth saw the opportunity to use Lancer to distract a wounded Saber while he kills her master. Even Kiritsugu planned to use the Caster distraction to kill the others. Only problem was Kayneth's personality, his fatal flaw.

4. Rider's had some pretty idiotic decisions himself. The only reason he stayed in the game is because of point #2.

See above. And well his actions kept Waver and him alive till the tail end.

5. "That pussy is mine!" spiral into madness.

Kariya was dying and could barely control Berserker. So he just went the "at least I'll take out Tokiomi before I die."

Jan 25, 2015 11:29 AM

Aug 2009
It wasnt a ufotable fault.There was no way for Rider to defend Waver like this.

Kaneth was owned some hours ago.I dont think that raiding the magical castle of one of the famlies that MADE THE WAR and use and unorthodox magus that owned you previosuly is a smart idea.

The equivalent in UBW would be to fight Archer, Caster and Kuzuki without Lancer's help.
Jan 25, 2015 11:35 AM

Dec 2012
CookingPriest said:

People keep talking on how much he planned yet his "plans" were litterally luck and "sitting with sniper riffle". If FSN Caster was in that War, Kerry would die in first day from his "plans".

Or Caster might do a hare brained decision and let him go like she does with Shirou. Or Kiritsugu will go to the school and snipe Kuzuki.

Better than nothing. Tokiomi knew if he stepped out he might get sniped or stabbed.

Yeah and then he goes to attack the mansion being all prideful villain and underestimates every single of his opponents. Then dies in most pathetic way. So much strategy.

His strategy was fine. His personality was not.

Those two sat for the whole war playing video games and then went to randomly fight Gil.

I never saw them playing video games. They did more than that.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.