Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 28, 2015 8:22 AM
Dec 2013
Only time I had a problem with it was with adult Goku being voiced by an old woman. Other than that, I don't really mind female seiyuus voicing male characters, young or old. Dub or sub.
Jan 28, 2015 10:40 AM

Aug 2014
FGAU1912 said:
voice aslo has to fit character desain kenshin in a bishi much like say zhou you in the mousu games i know in Japanese hes ont voice by a woman but i would not be to put out if it was

but iv alwyas said the best Nobunaga im anime and games was Wakamoto deep commanding that fit the traditional view of the deamon king of Owari it s also fits the look of the Chacrter in context of the show/games hes in

but kenshin is a man. Have him sound like one. I can't see any advantage of having a male character sound like a female... if the voice fits so well, just make the character female.
Jan 28, 2015 10:41 AM

Aug 2014
silversongwriter said:
FGAU1912 said:
voice aslo has to fit character desain kenshin in a bishi much like say zhou you in the mousu games i know in Japanese hes ont voice by a woman but i would not be to put out if it was

but iv alwyas said the best Nobunaga im anime and games was Wakamoto deep commanding that fit the traditional view of the deamon king of Owari it s also fits the look of the Chacrter in context of the show/games hes in

but kenshin is a man. Have him sound like one. I can't see any advantage of having a male character sound like a female... if the voice fits so well, just make the character female.

He doesn't sound particularly feminine.
Jan 28, 2015 10:45 AM

Jun 2011
I find it funny how much hate SSW's thread is getting, just goes to show its how its asked and people already have a negative view of him lol
Jan 28, 2015 10:46 AM

Aug 2014
Insertanamehere said:
silversongwriter said:

In the dub he doesn't... because they actually gave him a better fitting voice. But in the sub, it's obvious he's voiced by a woman.

Here's how I feel. If a woman does a good job voicing a male character, then I should not be able to tell it's a female VA. If I can tell, then it's not a fitting voice, and they should get a male VA or just make the character female
Jan 28, 2015 10:50 AM
Mar 2011
silversongwriter said:
FGAU1912 said:

did you even read what i said
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jan 28, 2015 10:51 AM
Sep 2013
RichtheLionheart said:
I would say most notably Goku was voiced by a girl (Japanese).

Also, a more feminine voice suits Kenshin's character.

She(goku' voice actress) is 79 years old now,you can call her girl though.
Jan 28, 2015 10:51 AM

Aug 2014
silversongwriter said:
Insertanamehere said:

In the dub he doesn't... because they actually gave him a better fitting voice. But in the sub, it's obvious he's voiced by a woman.

Here's how I feel. If a woman does a good job voicing a male character, then I should not be able to tell it's a female VA. If I can tell, then it's not a fitting voice, and they should get a male VA or just make the character female

He sounds like a soft spoken young-ish boy to me, for most part.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvY1SLw5ZKw
I guess if you listen to it you can hear the feminine tone but it didn't really detract anything from my experience.
Jan 28, 2015 11:18 AM
Jul 2018
Doesn't bug me as long as it fits well. A lot of times I don't even notice it's a girl til I look it up.
Jan 28, 2015 11:27 AM

Nov 2014
I have noticed that all of the voice actors for Ash, from Pokemon are all female, right?

It would be interesting (not that it would possibly ever happen?) that Ash would grow up, physically; and the different changes that would be seen with him regarding voice etc.
Jan 28, 2015 11:43 AM

Aug 2014
Insertanamehere said:
silversongwriter said:

I guess if you listen to it you can hear the feminine tone but it didn't really detract anything from my experience.

yea.. but that's the problem. Kenshin isn't a young boy
Jan 28, 2015 11:47 AM

Jun 2011
silversongwriter said:
Insertanamehere said:

dude all BA manslaughtering war veterans sound like lil boys
Jan 28, 2015 11:50 AM
Mar 2011
Killaclown said:
silversongwriter said:

you have also account his look
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jan 28, 2015 11:52 AM

Aug 2014
silversongwriter said:

But he assumes a persona of a carefree youth for most part.
Killaclown said:

Well ya know, he was 13-18 or so during his man-slaughtering years, so....
Jan 28, 2015 11:57 AM

Jun 2011
I wonder how many people laughed at his voice before he killed them :p
Least its not as bad as Gokus
Jan 28, 2015 12:20 PM

Aug 2014
Insertanamehere said:
silversongwriter said:

Killaclown said:

But the thing is... being a badass is much more important than sounding like a carefree youth... and to be honest, he sounded meek and carefree in the dub, and like a badass.

So the dub has the best of both worlds
Jan 28, 2015 12:50 PM

Apr 2014
RedRoseFring said:
It's awful in cases like Goku.
yes it is.
Jan 28, 2015 12:59 PM

Apr 2012
Aqua said:
Okay.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jan 28, 2015 4:53 PM

Jul 2013
trebmeg said:
CoffeeSquid said:
Just an anime fan, doing what an anime fan does
Jan 28, 2015 5:04 PM

Mar 2014
Brina Palencia does a good job.
Jan 28, 2015 9:38 PM

Nov 2014
Strikefreedom117 said:
trebmeg said:
Jan 28, 2015 10:43 PM

May 2011
silversongwriter said:
Insertanamehere said:

But the thing is... being a badass is much more important than sounding like a carefree youth... and to be honest, he sounded meek and carefree in the dub, and like a badass.

So the dub has the best of both worlds

Shallow. Kenshin is way more versatile, unique and complex than a Jojo or Zoro (yet he still manages to be more of a gentleman and a badass than both). That said, his Live Action actor (Sato Takeru) has a suitable Japanese voice for him while still maintaining his persona, so we can say now that it could have been a more masculine voice for the T.V. series back then (plenty of Seiyuu today could fit). Though it seems like it was a "thing" back then.

Tsuiokuhen OVAs it didn't even occur to me, since the monotone voice was well-suited, and the fact that he was a child/teen. Either way, by the time you hit Kyoto arc (or earlier), it either becomes becomes iconic and you adapt to it, or you don't. Manga was my main experience anyway.
Kayaba-Jan 28, 2015 11:07 PM
Jan 29, 2015 5:58 AM
Apr 2014
CashMoney said:
Strikefreedom117 said:
"Chinese cartoons was a mistake"

Hayao Miyazaki
Jan 29, 2015 6:21 AM

Nov 2013
Rakaxo said:
CashMoney said:
Jan 29, 2015 6:33 AM
May 2014
Nothings wrong with it but when I was little and I found out Ash from pokemon was voiced by a girl I liked it alil less
Jan 29, 2015 10:16 AM
Feb 2014
attractive.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 5 hours ago

26 by Catalano »»
6 minutes ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - Yesterday

22 by deg »»
7 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - 1 hour ago

12 by zoeanime13 »»
11 minutes ago

» I really wish that more animes had re-caps

Atmogenic - 35 minutes ago

7 by Atmogenic »»
24 minutes ago

» what is battle shonen?

deg - 5 hours ago

21 by PlasticRobot »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.