Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 21, 2015 1:58 AM

Dec 2013
In Anime:
- Girls with blond hair, blue eyes, and bewbs 3x the size of Japan's national average and are legit 100% Japanese. They just dyed their hair, drank milk erryday since they were 2 minutes old, and wear contacts.
- Characters with dark skin and puffy/curly hair are just 100% legit Japanese people who just visit tanning salons too much.
Step Into My Mind - ##&&##&&##&&
Jan 21, 2015 2:00 AM

Mar 2012
Yes.

It's fucking stupid when you try to Portray a Germanic/Scandinavian setting and have asian-looking dudes do it.
End Zionazism
Jan 21, 2015 2:15 AM

May 2014
in an anime that has ethnic diversity embedded into it , then i would want to see some black people yes !!!!
example : an anime about traveling the world and seeing different cultures.
Jan 21, 2015 2:22 AM

Aug 2014
Mikasa said:
Yes.

It's fucking stupid when you try to Portray a Germanic/Scandinavian setting and have asian-looking dudes do it.

Which anime did this?
Jan 21, 2015 6:46 AM

Dec 2014
Fullmetal alchemist had black people in amestris army but they kept refering the amestrians' blue eyes in ishval conflict. Black people were just there as both enemy and ally.

Also not all the world shares usa history of black people segregation.
Jan 21, 2015 6:54 AM

Nov 2010
i just watched Kaze Tachinu/the wind rises...

it's a story about Jirou Horikoshi (chief engineer of Japanese fighterplane designs of World War II)

in the stoy he travels to germany and meets all kind of foreign people...

if you watch the movie and still tell that everybody looks "white" you need to get smacked over the head!

like i posted before... you only see what you want to see.
Jan 21, 2015 8:12 AM

Mar 2012
F0XFIRE said:
Mikasa said:
Yes.

Which anime did this?

Upcoming SnK live action
End Zionazism
Jan 21, 2015 8:55 AM

Dec 2014
in Hajime no Ippo you can kind of tell
Jan 21, 2015 9:01 AM

Jun 2013
There's pretty much only one race in anime, white. It's a reflection of the target crowd after all so it shouldn't be too surprising. Though I would definitely like to see more racial diversity for sure.
Jan 21, 2015 9:03 AM

Jun 2013
AnimeSweden said:
There's pretty much only one race in anime, white. It's a reflection of the target crowd after all so it shouldn't be too surprising. Though I would definitely like to see more racial diversity for sure.

"Simple minds only have the capacity to think simple thoughts." - Yogi Kanna De Albur
It's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. That's why he searches for somebody who is more miserable than himself. That's why so much animosity exists on the internet. Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person, turn to the internet and call other people losers, even though they've never met. Just to make themselves feel superior. isn't that pathetic? There's a sense of security that comes from speaking badly of someone else. But that isn't true salvation. — Tatsuhiro Satou
YandereTheEmo said:
The only thing more pathetic than quoting someone you know nothing about, is quoting yourself.
Jan 21, 2015 12:06 PM

Mar 2013
No it don't matter. Who watch Anime or Play video game and the first thing come into mind is what race are MC or other.
Jan 21, 2015 12:08 PM

Jan 2015
anime characters = species/race of their own *cough*
Jan 21, 2015 12:10 PM

Jun 2014
In answer to the question posed by the title. Nope.
Jan 21, 2015 4:58 PM

Jul 2014
there needs to be more blk anime chars
Jan 21, 2015 5:35 PM

Nov 2010
AnimeSweden said:

then their all japanese -_- your logic is astounding...

so again...
http://thesocietypages.org/socimages/2010/08/30/guest-post-why-do-the-japanese-draw-themselves-as-white/

swap americans with europeans... a lot of us suffer from the same nationalism it seems -_-
kickthebucketJan 21, 2015 5:38 PM
Jan 22, 2015 9:14 AM

Feb 2014
laverre said:
LazyBlackGuy said:
I've only seen maybe 2 black characters in anime and that is Simon from durarara and the black girl from Majikoi Oh Samurai Girls
an actual black girl in anime? now that's certainly rare.

Yea super dark with white lips and blonde hair. It was horrible!!
Jan 22, 2015 9:15 AM

Jul 2012
DefMos said:
in Hajime no Ippo you can kind of tell

the russian guy still looks japanese
Jan 22, 2015 9:18 AM

Jun 2011
LazyBlackGuy said:
laverre said:
an actual black girl in anime? now that's certainly rare.

Yea super dark with white lips and blonde hair. It was horrible!!
sounds like a side character that was on Gantz lol (no part really she was just there when MC dies (not a spoiler its pretty much the start of the show). there is also casca from Berserk, the big dude from air gear, a couple of fighters in Hajime no ippo. 2 of my top 3 have them as main characters never thought about that lol (berserk and Air Gear)
Jan 22, 2015 9:23 AM

Oct 2014
tanteiRE said:
Hmm anime characters always looked more Asian than any other race to me.
I usually don't take color into account because half the time it isn't natural.

Big eyes, Asian? Hmm...

Personally, anime is so stylised that any intended race is non-existent.
Jan 22, 2015 9:23 AM

Mar 2011
Some anime have race as a plot point, like in FMA with the Ishvalans.
Jan 22, 2015 9:30 AM

Jun 2011
Nefarious-Review said:
tanteiRE said:
Hmm anime characters always looked more Asian than any other race to me.
I usually don't take color into account because half the time it isn't natural.

Big eyes, Asian? Hmm...

Personally, anime is so stylised that any intended race is non-existent.
the girls are stacked and if its a sport anime everyone is huge (tall and/or muscle builder type), unless it doesn't matter for the sport..... how do they seem Asian im confused
Jan 22, 2015 11:13 AM
Jul 2014
Anime characters are asian, excluding a few like the majority of characters from Monster. The only reason we think they're white is because the majority of people in the western world are white and identify white as "light skin colour"
Jan 22, 2015 11:15 AM

Jun 2011
Blackout0219 said:
Anime characters are asian, excluding a few like the majority of characters from Monster. The only reason we think they're white is because the majority of people in the western world are white and identify white as "light skin colour"
no that's definitely not the only reason SMH
Jan 22, 2015 12:27 PM

Aug 2013
It doesn't matter at all really only when it comes to fictional races like aliens etc. There are black anime characters even if they are in the minority . There are people that claim any character with brown skin is a ganguro but I disagree with that. I was watching Bubblegum Crisis from the 80's and there was a little brown skinned girl with blonde hair and yellow eyes who I thought was a ganguro but that wasn't so considering her uncle is a black guy. Anime producers just naturally like to give anime characters different hair and eye colors.
Jan 22, 2015 7:38 PM
Dec 2014
CookieGawd said:
there needs to be more black anime chars
dustinator1991 said:
You like hentai for your favorite anime so you have no room to talk.

Jan 22, 2015 7:39 PM

Jul 2013
nope, everything looks cute
magi is an example of this
lol
Jan 22, 2015 8:04 PM

Nov 2014
BurningSpirit said:
I've actually never asked myself that question.... wow... people really think too much. So why aren't people asking "Why do anime character look like aliens?" They have big eyes, weird hair colours like purple, green or blue. Dude just sit back and enjoy your anime.

Some characters in the story are actually from Western countries, while some anime is set in a fantasy world where there isn't any mention of countries or race.

I think it's just for the viewers to recognise the characters. It's kinda hard to differentiate characters when they have the same hair colour (because hair colour tends to be the most diverse amongst everything.)

Yes I just quoted myself. I wrote this somewhere before.

So why do people even give a fk about their own perception of what type of real life people do anime characters appear to look like? Who the fk knows? The general human population are a bunch of stupid people.

Either that or they seem to think that big eyes = white people eyes, which is generally not true. The truth is that no real person eyes can be as beautiful as anime eyes. That's because anime eyes are animated to be perfect
BurningSpiritJan 22, 2015 8:09 PM
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jan 22, 2015 8:07 PM

Jan 2013
I didn't like how Kuroko no Basket and Eyeshield used black people as a plot point for kicking a team's ass.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

997 by moonfire1 »»
24 seconds ago

» How would you describe modern mainstream anime?

RobertBobert - 51 seconds ago

0 by RobertBobert »»
51 seconds ago

» What exactly are the perks of having waifu?

SgtBateMan - 2 hours ago

10 by LightWorker »»
1 minute ago

» Why do some people watch anime in 1.5x or 2x speed?

Rinrinka - 12 hours ago

41 by Spunkert »»
10 minutes ago

» Is the 7th season or the 8th season of the anime Tales of Demons and Gods being aired?

Lexix - 15 minutes ago

1 by Zarutaku »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.