Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 19, 2015 11:05 AM

Aug 2013
Which cartoons (non anime) do you think are underrated? I think Batman the Brave and the Bold is underrated because people like to compare it with Batman TAS. I like seeing Batman being dark and brooding but it's also nice to see a campy version of him, Brave and the Bold also has a pretty nice artstyle and I like seeing more lesser known heroes and villains making appearances.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 19, 2015 11:12 AM

Jun 2014
I really enjoyed "Storm Hawks." It was definitely inspired by Anime, and it was a show that got even better in the later episodes, with a cast of dynamic, likable characters. It's too bad it was canceled after only 2 seasons.

Jan 19, 2015 11:24 AM
Jan 2015
I'm assuming this isn't technically considered anime, but I'm going to have to go with Danny Phantom. A lot of people that I talk to have either never seen it or didn't like it growing up, but I absolutely loved it. I even bought the complete series on DVD in early 2014 when it was released.
Jan 19, 2015 11:31 AM
Jul 2018
Time Squad, that show was hilarious and one of the best cartoons Cartoon Network had to offer
Jan 19, 2015 11:42 AM

Jan 2014
x_goku_x said:
I'm assuming this isn't technically considered anime, but I'm going to have to go with Danny Phantom. A lot of people that I talk to have either never seen it or didn't like it growing up, but I absolutely loved it. I even bought the complete series on DVD in early 2014 when it was released.

Agreed.

Megas XLR is another one. Probably hated just for being mecha, but easily one of the funniest shows I've ever seen.
Godzilla (animated): Easily one of the best shows I've ever seen and far better than the movies. Great characters and actually correct science (in most cases).
Sym-bionic Titan: got short-handed by CN. One of Tartakovsky's best works.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jan 19, 2015 11:45 AM

Jun 2014
RedRoseFring said:
x_goku_x said:

Agreed.

Megas XLR is another one. Probably hated just for being mecha, but easily one of the funniest shows I've ever seen.
Godzilla (animated): Easily one of the best shows I've ever seen and far better than the movies. Great characters and actually correct science (in most cases).
Sym-bionic Titan: got short-handed by CN. One of Tartakovsky's best works.

I remember Megas XLR, especially one episode in particular where they parodied Captain Harlock.

Jan 19, 2015 11:53 AM

Oct 2014
Young Justice, Johnny Test and Rugrats: All Grown Up are a few that come to mind for me, personally.

Also, I've been meaning to check out Batman: Brave and the Bold forever now! I also like it when Bruce is more gritty and dark. Maybe I can squeeze in a few episodes with the others things I'm watching soon and see how I like it.
Jan 19, 2015 12:00 PM

Oct 2014
x_goku_x said:

Wasn't even aware a lot of people didn't actually like Danny Phantom?

I agree though, I for one loved it a lot growing up!
Jan 19, 2015 12:53 PM

Dec 2010
As Told by Ginger. Down to earth, complex and mature for a children's show.
Jan 19, 2015 2:32 PM

Jan 2014
epicscreator said:

I didn't watch most of this show, but for some reason there is one musical scene that I remember from it going "it's Courtney, it's Courtney!"
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Jan 19, 2015 2:40 PM

Jan 2015
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic has too many haters. :<

And for all the things I like about it, too. Girliness and cuteness is wonderful!
Jan 19, 2015 2:54 PM

Nov 2014
+1 Young Justice
Such a great finale for the last season, but a lot more could happen afterwards.

Generator Rex, my all time favorite cartoon. Well, I don't know how underrated it is, but it's absolutely amazing. Forget about mecha, why operate chunky machines when you can grow them out of your body.
Jan 19, 2015 3:01 PM

Mar 2013
epicscreator said:

^this

Weekenders, Rocket Power and Recess are some that come to mind

6Teen and Total Drama Island too tbh
Jan 19, 2015 3:11 PM

Feb 2013
Don't know if it's underrated but I really liked Samurai Jack, sad they didn't finish it :(
Jan 19, 2015 3:44 PM

Jul 2012
Bob's Burgers!!!!

Its sooo good, uniquely clever and sweet, deserves to be up there with the most respected toons in the US

if you haven't seen it, pls do. It gets better everytime you wath - the unique sense of humor will settle in and you will realize just how awesome it is!
Jan 19, 2015 4:16 PM

Jan 2014
TheNextChamp said:
Don't know if it's underrated but I really liked Samurai Jack, sad they didn't finish it :(

It's not really. It's still one of Cartoon Network's most well-known shows.

OT: The Venture Bros is another great one that gets overshadowed.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Jan 19, 2015 4:41 PM
Jan 2013
The Life & Times of Tim. That show was was absolutely spectacular. Never have dry humor and ridiculous events been used so well.
Jan 19, 2015 4:59 PM

Aug 2013
The Looney Tunes Show (the animated sitcom not the old school theatrical shorts) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Looney_Tunes_Show to me is underrated. As a Daffy fan it was great to see Daffy as the dominant character and Bugs subdued into being a straight man character like Porky and being taken advantage of because of that. I always hated how Chuck Jones ruined Daffy by making him overly jealous of Bugs and turning him into a butt monkey character. It was a breath of fresh air seeing Daffy being in control and Bugs taking a back seat. The thing I loved about this version of Daffy is how he completely didn't give a f**ck. He did what he wanted, whenever he wanted, however he wanted.

daintybiscuit said:
Bob's Burgers!!!!
Its sooo good, uniquely clever and sweet, deserves to be up there with the most respected toons in the US

if you haven't seen it, pls do. It gets better everytime you wath - the unique sense of humor will settle in and you will realize just how awesome it is!
I have never liked it's artstyle. Is it as good as American Dad?
DrGeroCreationJan 19, 2015 5:14 PM
Jan 19, 2015 5:35 PM

Jan 2011
DrGeroCreation said:
Which cartoons (non anime) do you think are underrated? I think Batman the Brave and the Bold is underrated because people like to compare it with Batman TAS. I like seeing Batman being dark and brooding but it's also nice to see a campy version of him, Brave and the Bold also has a pretty nice artstyle and I like seeing more lesser known heroes and villains making appearances.
The first time I watched Brave and the Bold I think it was the Superman episode. I fell in love with it. There was also the episode with Joe Chill and when I saw Thomas Wayne was voiced by Adam West I lost it.
Jan 19, 2015 5:51 PM
Aug 2014
I have to say Legend of Korra. Alot of people have given in flak for not living up to its cousin Avatar the Last Airbender, but I believe it was a great show in its own right.
Jan 19, 2015 5:53 PM

Aug 2013
ReaperCreeper said:
DrGeroCreation said:
The first time I watched Brave and the Bold I think it was the Superman episode. I fell in love with it. There was also the episode with Joe Chill and when I saw Thomas Wayne was voiced by Adam West I lost it.
Superman was sooo corny in that episode. I can't remember the one with Joe Chill. My favorite episodes are the one where Batman teamed up with Jay Garrick and , Kid Flash to save Flash (Barry Allen) from Zoom, the episode about a a parallel world where the Joker is good and called Red Hood and Batman is evil and called Owlman.
Jan 19, 2015 6:12 PM

Dec 2010
zbondroid said:
I have to say Legend of Korra. Alot of people have given in flak for not living up to its cousin Avatar the Last Airbender, but I believe it was a great show in its own right.

I wouldn't say LoK is underrated. As the case with a lot of series, I think the people voicing negative opinions on it are actually in the minority of the fandom overall.
Jan 19, 2015 6:28 PM

Aug 2013
ATLA is seen as a lot better than LOK but that doesn't mean LOK is underrated.
Jan 19, 2015 6:35 PM

Mar 2012
FairyTechnology said:
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic has too many haters. :<

And for all the things I like about it, too. Girliness and cuteness is wonderful!

Gee, grandma, what shit taste you have. MLP is the American equivalent of moeshit. Cuteness for the same of being cute does not a good show make. It's not clever or well written and they even went so far as to turn a meme into an actual character.
Taking ideas from 4chan/Reddit/the internet in general is a horrible way to make a cartoon.

My vote goes to either The Modifyers or Korgoth. Both so underrated they never even got picked up.
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Jan 19, 2015 6:54 PM

Oct 2012
Archer. Probably the funniest animated comedy I've ever seen. Oh wait, we're talking about underrated animated shows. Never mind then.
Jan 19, 2015 8:30 PM

Jan 2011
Steven Universe is pretty good too. There's like fuck all mention of it anywhere though.
Jan 20, 2015 4:54 AM

Sep 2012
Freakazoid. I thought it would be stupid now but after a recent rewatch, this show still holds up pretty well.
Jan 20, 2015 6:48 AM

Jul 2012
DrGeroCreation said:
The Looney Tunes Show (the animated sitcom not the old school theatrical shorts) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Looney_Tunes_Show to me is underrated. As a Daffy fan it was great to see Daffy as the dominant character and Bugs subdued into being a straight man character like Porky and being taken advantage of because of that. I always hated how Chuck Jones ruined Daffy by making him overly jealous of Bugs and turning him into a butt monkey character. It was a breath of fresh air seeing Daffy being in control and Bugs taking a back seat. The thing I loved about this version of Daffy is how he completely didn't give a f**ck. He did what he wanted, whenever he wanted, however he wanted.

daintybiscuit said:
Bob's Burgers!!!!

i think its far better than America, Dad. I LOVE Seth MaCfarlane but if you know Family Guy, you can spot him from a mile away (Ted, AMG, good stuff)

Can't put my finger on it, but Bob's just has this super dry yet still sweet attitude. Seems pretty special to me ^^ i was ready to hate it based on art style, then there was nothing else on late at night. BOOMS! Bob's Burger hehe
Jan 20, 2015 8:35 AM
Jul 2018
DrGeroCreation said:
Dang shame it ended. That was the best show Cartoon Network had in years
Jan 21, 2015 12:47 AM

Jan 2014
hulksWAGON said:
Freakazoid. I thought it would be stupid now but after a recent rewatch, this show still holds up pretty well.

Yeah. It gets overshadowed by Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Jan 21, 2015 2:20 AM

Dec 2013
I'd say what's with andy. I absolutely loved that show when I was a kid :3
Jan 21, 2015 5:52 AM

Jan 2014
Gustdevil said:
I'd say what's with andy. I absolutely loved that show when I was a kid :3

I remember the theme song even now. Canadian shows don't get much love.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Jan 21, 2015 6:38 AM

Feb 2013
Oh yeah The Animals of the Farthing Wood was awesome, a lot of drama for a kids show
Jan 21, 2015 9:22 AM

Jul 2012
Wakfu, Dofus: The Treasure of Kerubim, Brandy and Mr. Whiskers, and The Buzz on Maggie are all cartoons I love that people don't pay much attention to.
Jan 21, 2015 9:54 AM

Aug 2013
Starchaser187 said:
DrGeroCreation said:
Dang shame it ended. That was the best show Cartoon Network had in years
It's good and could have gone on longer but I wouldn't say it was the best show Cartoon Network had in years. The best non action based cartoon Cartoon Network has in recent years is Over the Garden Wall. There is no other recent Cartoon Network non action cartoon on the same level as Over the Garden Wall. Regular Show and Adventure Time are somewhat close though.
Jan 21, 2015 4:59 PM

Jan 2014
The Venture Bros Season 6 Special was fantastic! Probably the best non anime animated movie I've seen in a while!

The way everything comes together reminds me why it is one of the most thoughtful and best written shows CN still has.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Jan 21, 2015 7:34 PM
May 2007
Pirates of Dark Water
The new Thundercats
The new He-Man
The new Biker Mice from Mars
2003 Ninja Turtles
Wolverine and the X-Men
Fox's Peter Pan and the Pirates
The Critic
Invader Zim
Bucky O'Hare
Street Sharks
Wildwest Cowboys of Moo Mesa
Toxic Crusaders
Donkey Kong Country
Cadillacs and Dinosaurs
The American Rabbit
The 1989 Superman cartoon
Jan 22, 2015 2:35 PM

Aug 2013
daintybiscuit said:
DrGeroCreation said:

i think its far better than America, Dad. I LOVE Seth MaCfarlane but if you know Family Guy, you can spot him from a mile away (Ted, AMG, good stuff)

Can't put my finger on it, but Bob's just has this super dry yet still sweet attitude. Seems pretty special to me ^^ i was ready to hate it based on art style, then there was nothing else on late at night. BOOMS! Bob's Burger hehe
I might check it out then. I disagree that you can spot Seth a mile away. His voices for the different characters are really distinct. Peter, Quagmire, Stewie, Brian, Stan, Roger all sound really different from each other.
Jan 22, 2015 3:29 PM

Nov 2012
The Ripping Friends
Johnny Bravo
Regular Show
Jan 22, 2015 4:15 PM

Jan 2014
ObliviousSenpai said:
The Ripping Friends
Johnny Bravo
Regular Show

"It's Riiiippping Time!"
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Jan 24, 2015 3:38 PM

Dec 2013
These don't really follow the trend of childhood related cartoons, but these are still underrated;
-Undergrads(never even got a second season q.q)
-Clone High
-Kevin Spencer
-Morel Orel
-Daria
-Bromwell High
-Robin(by Magnus Carlsson)

Not sure if I would call these shows underrated but I thoroughly enjoyed these as well
-Space Ghost; Coast to Coast
-Aqua Teen Hunger force
I am on the edge ! The edge of the edgiest edge ever edged by edgekind !
я умерте ужасну депрессии...

Jan 24, 2015 3:56 PM

Mar 2008
Johnny Quest both the classic and the 90s one. It aired for quite a while the reboot but i never knew anyone who watched it even back then. It was higely marketed too. Used to by my fav show back in the day.

Pirates of the Dark Waters was pretty cool but got canceled.

Freakazoid a lot of people seemed to overlook in their favour of The Animaniacs instead.

I dont see much people give The Amazing World of Gumball enough credit. The animation is actually pretty neat how they do a decent job of mixing styles. Also its probably the first cartoon ive seen where the main character is a pantheist (he prays to the universe like its a god) which is deffinately not something youd normally see in something in christian constantly offended america.

I also agree on The Loony Tunes Show. Its pretty darn funny and amusing to watch.
Jan 24, 2015 3:58 PM

Jun 2008
Tuff Puppy was a really well written cartoon on Nickelodeon, but it never built an audience. :(
Jan 24, 2015 4:05 PM

Mar 2008
I liked Tuff Puppy
Jan 24, 2015 4:10 PM

Aug 2013
traed said:

I dont see much people give The Amazing World of Gumball enough credit. The animation is actually pretty neat how they do a decent job of mixing styles. Also its probably the first cartoon ive seen where the main character is a pantheist (he prays to the universe like its a god) which is deffinately not something youd normally see in something in christian constantly offended america.
Gumball prays to the universe??? I have never really seen him do that .
DrGeroCreationJan 24, 2015 4:16 PM
Jan 24, 2015 4:20 PM

Jun 2008
traed said:
I liked Tuff Puppy

Glad someone did! :) I felt the humor was on par with Fairly Odd Parents. Which was a good thing.
Jan 24, 2015 7:09 PM
Dec 2013
As far as I know Wakfu doesn't seem to have a big following, but I thought it was stylish, colourful and loads of fun.
Jan 24, 2015 7:47 PM

Dec 2013
traed said:
Johnny Quest both the classic and the 90s one. It aired for quite a while the reboot but i never knew anyone who watched it even back then. It was higely marketed too. Used to by my fav show back in the day.

Freakazoid a lot of people seemed to overlook in their favour of The Animaniacs instead.

I also agree on The Loony Tunes Show. Its pretty darn funny and amusing to watch.

Looney Tunes was under rated!? That was like the best you could watch as a kid, that and Scooby-Doo the Hanna-Barbera stuff, not that new trash though.... Come to think of it Hanna-Barbera had a lot of good shows I grew up on; Jetsons, FlintStones, Scooby-Doo, Yogi Bear, Laffolympics etc Been a really long time since I've thought about any of those lol

Jan 24, 2015 8:28 PM

Aug 2013
MorsPulchra said:
traed said:

Looney Tunes was under rated!? That was like the best you could watch as a kid, that and Scooby-Doo the Hanna-Barbera stuff, not that new trash though.... Come to think of it Hanna-Barbera had a lot of good shows I grew up on; Jetsons, FlintStones, Scooby-Doo, Yogi Bear, Laffolympics etc Been a really long time since I've thought about any of those lol
He's talking about the 2011 animated sitcom the Looney Tunes show which I mentioned not the old school Looney Tunes theatrical shorts that started in the late 30's.

DrGeroCreationJan 24, 2015 8:32 PM
Jan 24, 2015 8:48 PM

Dec 2013
DrGeroCreation said:
MorsPulchra said:

He's talking about the 2011 animated sitcom the Looney Tunes show which I mentioned not the old school Looney Tunes theatrical shorts that started in the late 30's.

Oh That makes a lot more sense then lol

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3386 by aikaflip »»
33 minutes ago

» This is one the most gay music vids i have seen^^

tsukareru - 3 hours ago

0 by tsukareru »»
3 hours ago

» BEST WEEZER SONG???

removed-user - Jan 29

5 by Eternal_Rest »»
5 hours ago

» What sort of songs do you listen to ? ( 1 2 )

scarydragon - Aug 1, 2023

52 by Eternal_Rest »»
5 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7586 by juanlqr »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.