Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2015 9:54 AM

Jul 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wasn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Not very good, but no less than an average 80s OVA. The monster designs were really cool and it was paced well enough to keep you from getting too bored. The animation was pretty bad though, and the story was very silly/unremarkable.

Speaking of the story, I didn't find it to be particularly "nonsensical" either. It was just your generic "alien/god presence wants to destroy humanity because people are evil!" fare that you see in a ton of Japanese stuff. The hallucinations were also just generic "the sins of the past will haunt you" type of thing.

An even 5/10. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone but gorehounds or retro anime fans.
Aug 11, 2015 7:00 AM

Feb 2008
Yeah, it was bad, but nothing outstanding bad. Just a generic sci fi horror flick, and it looked okay for that. Kind of like watching one of the weaker Friday 13th or Halloween movies.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jun 10, 2016 8:44 PM
Mar 2012
Tho still with old quirks, animation's good for 80s. Esp hair, monster, explosions & tentacle better than most modern tv.
Future fragment baby is #meaningoflife was super cringy.
Characters look pretty, hell part cool visuals but weird 8bit game music. Seems they ran out of budget at the end lol.
Happy tobecontinued end. ED quite pleasant.
Plot quite simple, nothing confusing. Probably don't even need subs. Alien's all powerful but not god, somehow got inspired & wanted to "protect their smiles".
Sep 11, 2016 11:26 AM

Jul 2011
If they had put the focus on the alien, and put the speech of god taking revenge on humans on the toilet were it deserves to be along with the unnecessary romance that gave us the plot hole in which the power of love saves them all. Then maybe this would have been a half decent short, but they didn't.

At least the vagina dentata mouthed alien design who attacks with tentacle penises was kinda cool, or maybe i am just desperate to see something not horrible on this thing.
Oct 22, 2016 11:20 AM

Jun 2013
I Never seen anything so bad like this in my entire life.
Feb 25, 2017 1:31 PM

Feb 2016
I enjoyed this, but probably not for the reasons the creators intended. I have a theory that this OVA was a secretly brilliant piece of drug-trip dreamscape. The theory I am about to tell is entirely pulled from my own ass, and I realize that it is almost certainly nonsense. However, if it can enhance someone's entertainment of this anime, then please consider it as unofficial canon. Spoilers past this point... if anyone still cares.

This theory hinges on that very last ending shot while the credits were going up: the painting of the cyborg-girl imprisoned in the techno-chamber, asleep. The girl was the character Moria, the psychic, and the machine she was trapped in was a long-term stasis chamber, made to keep her alive while harnessing her psychic abilities. The space station needs a psychic core for their ship to function, either as a type of super computer or possibly as a precognitive navigational system (like the navigators in the novel series "Dune").

This entire OVA, from start to finish, was Moria trapped and subdued inside the machine, only semiconscious, dreaming of a better life outside of her current existence. It was all her subconscious mind trying to give her some relief from her real life. She is a gentle person by nature, but years (possibly decades, or maybe even centuries) of being treated as a computer system have pushed her to the point of murderous intent, and she fantasizes about destroying the crew members around her. Her abilities allow her to know all their dirty little secrets, and in her dreamscape she generates a creature who taunts them with their sins, while also claiming to be a messenger of God, the deliverer of Justice. Still, her gentile and good nature is quite strong and will not allow her to harm them directly, which is why she must do so vicariously through the "alien". She still, even now, can not allow herself to fully realize how low she has fallen, and how much bitter resentment has built up within her.

The one survivor she escapes with, Buzz, is a handsome young man who promises her a future in her dreaming world, one with love and family. These are things she can never have in the real world. Perhaps he was a guest on the space station at one time. It was probably something brief, so Moria's mind noticed him, but never built up resentment toward him.

The ending was Moria's wish to "die" in the arms of her love, but then... then what? She then has to confront the real world again, as the fading of her dream begins to threaten the dark fantasy. She has to go back to work, back to the lowest level of sleep where she is almost conscious again. She has to trudge through the ugliness of what her own mind has become, dragging her wounded fantasy man along with her. And that's when we get the one shot of Moria as she truly is, the panning still shot of her encased in the Machine, embedded inside the space station, drifting through the sea of stars in perpetuity.
May 1, 2018 3:31 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Nice final, pretty with both lovers, inside the "alien-God" in front of a light, the light of a future if we believed in the girl´s premonitions!!!!

In my personal taste, it´s an Ova very devalued!!! All is simple, all is common, all is ordinary from the characters, scenes, development, draws, music.... ALL, but I liked it just!!!!
Oct 5, 2018 11:48 PM

Mar 2012
This was awesome, y'all just have crap taste
Dec 18, 2018 3:22 PM

Sep 2018
Yah, though it wasn't "good" I think the reviews for this one are over blowing things a lot. It was stupid, it went through a laundry list of japanese sci-fi horror cliches, there were a few interesting ideas, but they were never explored, the art and animation wasn't the best, but in the end it was a fun watch. If you want true bottom of the barrel stuff, I suggest the second Nora OVA.
Aug 10, 2019 11:15 AM

Apr 2017
I saw a trailer online and decided to watch this. I took notes while watching and even wrote a review. This anime is so forgettable everytime I see the name, I have to remind myself what it is.
Awoo :3
Apr 15, 2020 10:00 PM
May 2019
Whatever the heck this travesty was, I enjoyed it solely through its silliness.
Jun 24, 2020 1:51 PM
Nov 2016
While reading the review I started doubting whether I've seen the same anime as everyone else. Nonsensical, incoherent plot? Silly alien design? What are you talking about? Someone even said they didn't realize it was supposed to be horror! (which, at this point it's probably not the fault of anime but of your mental capability)
I mean it's no great, in fact it's quite average, but that's exactly what I expect from an unknown horror OVA anyway
Feb 21, 2021 8:38 PM
Jan 2017
It was so bad that I laugh so hard lmao
Sep 24, 2022 8:45 AM

Jul 2020
lol
Moira: *sees a disfigured corpse nailed to a wall, blood smeared all around it*
Scott: "What's wrong, Moira?"
Mar 11, 10:17 PM
Jul 2014
I love how the doctor appears impaled for no apparent reasons and nobody gives a shit. Aside of that, the OVA isnt THAT bad, just generic and cliche
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.