Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 30, 2010 10:12 AM

Sep 2009
Most people may smile all the time but that doesn't mean they are always happy, sometimes we use a smile to "cover" our sadness so others don't realise our true feelings.....I hapenned to do that once...my boyfriends broke up with me and i went to school looking all happy and smilie so people wouldn't notice...but deep down i was broken...

Because Yuuki was there, I might have been able to live on...
Jan 30, 2010 10:15 AM

Mar 2009
Usually good looking people smile a lot.
They're getting laid.

You're classy. // Formspring // Tumblr // Last.fm //
Jan 30, 2010 7:56 PM
Oct 2009
Only peaple with perly whites smile xD
Jan 31, 2010 1:53 AM

Jan 2010
AcidBlackCherry said:
I met a few people who smile all the time. They were all christian missionaries that sit down at a lunch table together and I just so happen to sit down at that random table....

I had no Idea I sat down at the Pro-Christian table when I started to rant about how Christians do nothing but lie to themselves because somehow they say say they are following gods/Jesus's orders and still manage to act like complete ass wholes.

(I just got threatened by the Priests daughter and the Priest's son lied to the police and told them I was planning to bomb the school all in the same day... I was just a little pissed)

lol trust me... none of them were smiling and ran out of their laughing so hard with 7 of them chasing my ass.

(nothing against christians. I love all religions and favor none more than others... you know the rest)

Being chased by pro christian people? Sounds fun.
Jan 31, 2010 3:02 AM
Jun 2008
Sometimes when I'm bored while walking down the street, I think of something funny and I end up smiling, and then people look at me like I'm nuts. So I realised that everyone prefers that everyone looks sullen and unhappy unless an occasion arises for otherwise.

But I like smiling when I can, and I do most of the time, because smiling makes you feel good. Unless I'm ticked off, then I don't smile at all.
Jan 31, 2010 6:43 AM
Nov 2009
It is nice seeing people smile alot, they spread their cheer :D If it is a happy smile, that is. If it is a creepy "I will feast on your liver" kind of smile, it's different =__=;

Jan 31, 2010 6:53 AM

Jan 2010
Lilah said:
It is nice seeing people smile alot, they spread their cheer :D If it is a happy smile, that is. If it is a creepy "I will feast on your liver" kind of smile, it's different =__=;

How do you notice the differences?
Jan 31, 2010 8:32 AM
Aug 2009
Th3End said:
Lilah said:

How do you notice the differences?
I'd imagine it's mostly in the eyes.

Anyway, I personally love being around people who smile a lot. If you're around people who never smile you gradually start associating a negative persona to them. At least that's how it works with me. I'd much rather be around someone who's smiling and having a good time than someone who isn't.

As such, I try to smile as much as I can, and believe it or not people notice.
Jan 31, 2010 9:11 AM

Dec 2007
My face doesn't reflect my emotions, and so I always have a serious look. Too often do people mistake me for someone who is depressive and hard to approach. <.<
Feb 1, 2010 7:17 AM
Oct 2009
"That's not a killer smile that's a smile of a killer" ~ Reba
Feb 5, 2010 4:57 AM

Sep 2008
inspiring to be with. smiley face is relieving.
Live the life that you love, Love the life that you live...
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world. - The Buddha
Feb 5, 2010 5:05 AM

Mar 2009
papapapuffy said:

Great quote.
Feb 5, 2010 5:33 AM

May 2008
There's a good way to do it and a bad way to do it.

There's batcrazy way to do like you often see in anime. Such as characters as Edward Wong Hau, Excel, Osaka, and Patty Thompson, who are quite honestly happy go lucky, fun characters.

And there are people like that who exist in real life.
And then there are the News Anchor type. These people are so nauseatingly plastic it is hard to watch them without going over the deep end. It's hard to watch a person use a smile that way it really is.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Feb 5, 2010 8:10 AM

Mar 2009
I smile all the time! ( except while i'm at computer. Smiling to computer screen would be fucking stupid stupid... right? ) I'm pretty sure it's also annoying the shit out of some people, but that makes my smile even wider.

Then there's those random laugh bursts that come out of nowhere. Yes... i'm perfectly normal. at least i keep telling myself so.

Feb 5, 2010 8:24 AM

May 2009
Pumpernikkeli said:
I smile all the time! ( except while i'm at computer. Smiling to computer screen would be fucking stupid stupid... right? ) I'm pretty sure it's also annoying the shit out of some people, but that makes my smile even wider.

Then there's those random laugh bursts that come out of nowhere. Yes... i'm perfectly normal. at least i keep telling myself so.

Hmm I smile even at the PC - guess I've gone to the next level - going nuts xD
[url=https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Blutsauger&sclick=1]
Feb 5, 2010 8:48 AM

Nov 2009
"read behind those smiles, for those who smile is reading you..."

Feb 5, 2010 8:49 AM

Feb 2010
A sincere smile is great. I love to see happy people. Most people I meet are so miserable...
For now we are young, let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see.
Feb 5, 2010 8:51 AM

Aug 2009
papapapuffy said:

HOW true. You never know what's behind that smile.
I've had personal experiences with people who keep smiling.
Feb 5, 2010 8:57 AM

Nov 2009
k0k0 said:

HOW true. You never know what's behind that smile.
I've had personal experiences with people who keep smiling.

ironic is it that though you barely know behind the smile, yet the one who smiles at you easily knows whats behind you...

Feb 7, 2010 2:50 AM
Jul 2018
It seems like there are three types of chronic smilers.

1: people that do it who are genuinely good natured.

2: people that do it because they think they have too or feel awkward and smile as a defense.

3: People that are up to something and cannot be trusted.

I run into number 3 a lot. especially if they are overly friendly.

but I am pretty bitter.
Feb 8, 2010 7:11 AM

Feb 2007
I used to smile at people I pass by on the street on occasion, because I thought it would brighten up their day, or at least not make them feel too awkward. I guess I was wrong about the latter as my mom told me not to smile at old men when I was 14.

(I do still smile a lot though. Most of the time I don't really notice it, because I'm just thinking of something amusing, but it's all good.)
Feb 8, 2010 7:26 AM
Jul 2018
Chupachupi said:
my mom told me not to smile at old men when I was 14.
Haha. I should ditto this.
Feb 8, 2010 7:59 AM

Dec 2008
Considering how many miserable individuals I know, it would be great to see more people smiling. Although, passing random guys in public smiling deleriously, and sometimes directly at you, is rather offputting. Sometimes its hard to tell the difference between a guy who's far too happy, or one who is a potential pervert.
Feb 8, 2010 8:20 AM

Jan 2009
I don't mind it, but I always have seem to have a cynical to blank look on my face.

Feb 8, 2010 6:14 PM

Jan 2010
I had a friend in high school that sat next to me. She was always smiling (and laughing) at every situation. Damn, was that annoying. I had to endure that for 4 years.
Just picture her - so happy, cheerful, smiling all the time, and right next to her me - annoyed, angry, bored xD
But, she was kind and all. I hung out with her the most lol

Overall, for me, it's annoying.
Feb 8, 2010 9:59 PM

Jan 2009
I honestly know around 2 or 3 people who smile sincerely. The rest of us are just putting people on.

I hate when people look at me and say, "why the long face" as if I'm sad all the time. I'm rarely sad and why would I show it to the public if I was. So like so many others, I plaster a wal-mart sticker on my face.

Criticker|Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love,|Last.fm
the things you are, and the things you never want to lose.

Feb 9, 2010 1:44 AM

Jul 2009
I have a friend who can't stop smiling that his mouth cannot support his lips to close in front of his teeth.
We tell him to not smile or laugh but he still does.
When we piss him off, he stops smiling and two seconds later he's smiling again.
So yeah he pretty much smiles all the time but smiling keeps everyone happy.
He's a joyful guy usually and he's nice to be around with although he's a bit retarded but his smile makes you want to smile.
Unless he pisses you off with that smile. Then you'll want to bash him but he can't wipe that smile off his face.
あらあら。。。^^
Feb 9, 2010 2:39 AM

Oct 2009
Weird. Annoying. I mean, who would smile THAT much? Ignore my rant - I just don't smile much. I love to laugh though ^^ Then again, I heard that smiling makes people look younger. So yeah. Must be because of that :)

Feb 9, 2010 2:44 AM

Jan 2010
I have never met someone who smiled a lot. Unless they were under the influence of certain substances >.>
Feb 9, 2010 3:01 AM
Nov 2009
I'm one of 'those' people. And I don't know what I think of myself. I have yet to discuss that with my current therapist.
Feb 9, 2010 3:46 AM

Jun 2009
I smiled when I opened this thread.
Feb 9, 2010 3:59 AM
Nov 2009
Maybe some of the people who smile all the time are not necessarily happy, maybe they try to hide the fact that they are sad/down.

But other people smile even when you try to annoy them because they want YOU to be the annoyed one :D (I do that sometimes), but they don't want to show it, so you can't win :D

Remember that sometimes a smile is just a mask.
Mar 6, 2010 10:08 AM
Feb 2009
Plun said:
What do you think of people who has a smile on their face all the time?

Emm... i know the one, who is smiling all the time )) Even when people hurts him, hes still smiling. And thats really annoying ))
Mar 6, 2010 10:33 AM

Jan 2009
Usually I don't mind them, but when I'm angry or pissed of they kind of annoy me.
Mar 6, 2010 1:01 PM

Apr 2009
one of my friends smile so much their eyes look like their closed
Mar 6, 2010 1:03 PM

Jan 2010
Seriously, I find people who are emo wayyyy more annoying. So just slit your wrists already!
Mar 6, 2010 1:04 PM

Mar 2010
kenjinsakura said:
Seriously, I find people who are emo wayyyy more annoying. So just slit your wrists already!

I second this thought.
Mar 6, 2010 1:19 PM
Feb 2010
My ex boyfriend used to tell me that I smile too much.
Really do people not like seeing others happy?
xD
Mar 6, 2010 1:26 PM

Jan 2010
Jennichigo said:
My ex boyfriend used to tell me that I smile too much.
Really do people not like seeing others happy?
xD

Seeing someone happy and smiling makes me happy and smiley, so no, in my case it's quite the opposite!
Mar 6, 2010 1:57 PM

Oct 2009
I'm one of them, but I know that sometime it's my mask to hide the real me from the rest of the world. The most of the time it works ;d
Mar 6, 2010 3:34 PM

Jul 2009
kinda creepy tbh.... especially if it's a guy.... um... I try and be nice and smile at strangers.... it's just so awkward...
Mar 6, 2010 10:35 PM

May 2009
I've never met one like that. I'd be frustrated, I expect. Maybe a mixture of relief - since I hate confrontations - and suffocation, since I wouldn't know what they're really feeling.

To steal a phrase from a Savage Garden song, the silence would be so loud.
Mar 7, 2010 12:38 AM
Aug 2009
What's wrong with smiling?
Mar 7, 2010 1:18 AM

Sep 2009
Well.. I like that. But maybe its cuz I`m that kind of person.. : ))
Mar 7, 2010 1:37 AM

Mar 2010
CarlosHXC said:
kenjinsakura said:

I second this thought.

I agree they are annoying but i think people that think like this are worse.
Mar 7, 2010 9:53 AM

Oct 2008
RiotMachine669 said:
CarlosHXC said:
kenjinsakura said:

I second this thought.

I agree they are annoying but i think people that think like this are worse.

I second this thought..

Smiling all the time though is so...seemingly fake sometimes. I favor the idea of seeing all of a person's emotions than having them smile all the time.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.