Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 12, 2015 6:40 AM

Jan 2014
Hey :)

Uhm yeah... so this anime kind of ''stung'' in my eye, but i've got a few questions before i watch it.

First, and probably the most important one for me.... Is this rather a lighthearted anime or will this go into romance-drama later on?

Will the MC actually end up with one of the girls? What are the reactions of the other girls?

Thanks alot!

Edit:

I don't mind spoilers at all, so if you feel it necessary to spoiler something in order to explain it, go on. I really don't mind.
BphantomJan 12, 2015 7:04 AM
Jan 12, 2015 6:21 PM
Apr 2014
This person did and he summarizes things pretty well.
http://msnkkan.blogspot.de/2014/12/last-note-first-trip.html

I suggest you don't read it as it would ruin the show for you and how you see these characters but yes it does have romance drama, the novel hasn't ended, it's on Vol 7 which apparently marks the end of the first part of the story.
Jan 16, 2015 1:03 AM

Dec 2010
Drake1000 said:

I suggest you don't read it as it would ruin the show for you and how you see these characters but yes it does have romance drama, the novel hasn't ended, it's on Vol 7 which apparently marks the end of the first part of the story.

Do you know which girl wins? Or is most likely to win?
Jan 16, 2015 1:25 AM

May 2014
FlawlezZ said:
Drake1000 said:

Jan 16, 2015 1:43 AM

Dec 2010
Mangalist-san said:
FlawlezZ said:

thats quite disappointing ... lol
Jan 16, 2015 2:24 AM

Mar 2011
lol why? it's pretty obvious I mean we are talking about "boring" heroine

Jan 16, 2015 2:39 AM

May 2014
FlawlezZ said:
Mangalist-san said:

thats quite disappointing ... lol

The title said "Saenai Kanojo"
Jan 16, 2015 3:46 AM

Jan 2014
So he wont end up with utaha? thats disappointing. Guess its time to drop this anime. Had such a high hopes for it
" I'll find you and fall in love with you all over again " - Asuna
Jan 16, 2015 6:05 AM

Dec 2011
Just to say I think Mangalist-san was responding to the second of those questions, not the first. Although I can't confirm anything as I only have the first 3 books, and haven't started the last of these.

There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jan 16, 2015 8:48 AM

Dec 2010
ricardo241 said:
lol why? it's pretty obvious I mean we are talking about "boring" heroine
Hm, I didn't check the name and of course it's pretty obvious, but you can have hopes. If that boring girl was my preferred I wouldn't have bothered to ask
Jan 17, 2015 9:16 AM

Jul 2014
Mangalist-san said:
FlawlezZ said:

It already seems pretty obvious, but thanks anyways.
Why do people have such bad taste? Anime isn't subjective anymore.
Jan 18, 2015 3:23 PM

Jan 2014
Well guys, thanks for the answers :).

I didn't read the summarization, cause that guy is basically just writing the last part of the novel in his own words. Atleast, that's what it felt like. So, even tough i already kind of know the answer myself, can someone blandly answer me this?

Bphantom said:

First, and probably the most important one for me.... Is this rather a lighthearted anime or will this go into romance-drama later on?
Feb 8, 2015 10:48 PM

Jul 2014
Just to quote something from the LN

Spoiler:

Seeing that it's getting dark, Tomoya half-jokingly asks Megumi to come over to his place and continue their discussion. Unexpectedly, she immediately agrees and the two find themselves in Tomoya's room having a love consultation session for him. Megumi seems to have gotten Tomoya to admit that Eriri is his first love. She asks him if he's going to confess to Utaha, who graduates the next day. Tomoya says Megumi's questions are getting too much for him and asserts that he admires Utaha

I still believe that Utaha is his real love. This story won't end with a predictable love interest.
[center]

Feb 9, 2015 7:41 PM
Dec 2013
To add further as of the latest volume Megumi has zero romantic feelings for him so anyone who says that she will win obviously doesn't know what they are talking about.
Feb 10, 2015 11:15 AM

May 2010
I sure hope Megumi wins. It's alright if the other two get to have moments with him first. Just let her be the final and canon one.
Feb 14, 2015 1:02 AM

Nov 2010
I do hope the Light Novel gets translated from beginning to end. This is one of the light novel I really wish to know the ending. It's kinda hard watching a light novel adaptation into an anime because I know from the very beginning I won't know what happens after the last episode.
Feb 19, 2015 11:38 AM

Jan 2014
So you think this anime won't end with Tomoya actually choosing one of the girls?
Feb 19, 2015 12:18 PM

Dec 2014
Bphantom said:
So you think this anime won't end with Tomoya actually choosing one of the girls?

If this anime only has 1 season and no addional ovas, then it is good chance this will have a no resolution ending, relationship-wise.
In the LNs
testamentKAISERFeb 19, 2015 12:27 PM
Mar 1, 2015 7:23 PM

Nov 2009
ah well, at least
stole his first kiss
Apr 13, 2015 8:49 AM

Feb 2012
crunchytaco said:

Spoiler:

Seeing that it's getting dark, Tomoya half-jokingly asks Megumi to come over to his place and continue their discussion. Unexpectedly, she immediately agrees and the two find themselves in Tomoya's room having a love consultation session for him. Megumi seems to have gotten Tomoya to admit that Eriri is his first love. She asks him if he's going to confess to Utaha, who graduates the next day. Tomoya says Megumi's questions are getting too much for him and asserts that he admires Utaha

I still believe that Utaha is his real love. This story won't end with a predictable love interest.

Given the events of th 7th volume and how it is presented I see next to no chance of Tomoya ending up with Utaha. Quite frankly I don't think she deserves it either after that kick in the gut, and the same goes for Eriri
Apr 17, 2015 9:58 PM

Feb 2015
Tsun2Yan said:
crunchytaco said:

Spoiler:

Given the events of th 7th volume and how it is presented I see next to no chance of Tomoya ending up with Utaha. Quite frankly I don't think she deserves it either after that kick in the gut, and the same goes for Eriri

For god's sake, who said Utaha didn't deserve is a fool
Anybody who read the LN knows Utaha always want to be side by side Tomoya but as long as she is beside him, they can't grow up because Tomoya treats her so nice that he never pushes her to deadline. Her choice is the best for him, although she will hold that sorrow to end of life
[quote=tnguyen178]
Lightnovel said:
Stealing Tomoya's first kiss and calling him Rinri-kun again, Utaha says that he shall be known as Furinri-kun (immoral-kun) from now on. Utaha tells him that she had already parted ways with him like that and said those terrible things to him, yet Tomoya still chases after her. She says she's prepared to be kept in anguish like livestock (litreal meaning is closer to 'keeping a pet until it dies') by him. Tomoya asks her not to say things about herself like that. Utaha mumbles that she gives up.

But Tomoya finally understand her choice and meet her and Eriri at Train station in Epilogue.

Utaha more or less dedicated her first light novel to Tomoya in the end, but he refused to read it until it was officially published. From that point onwards, it was just Utaha making her moves and getting shot down directly and/or indirectly. One way of looking at the events in Volume 7 is that Utaha tried to make herself give up Tomoya by making him hate her, but ultimately he ran after her (again) and forgave her. So she gave up on giving him up, which means more suffering down the road.

If you loves Utaha, i suggest you to wait to the next part.
tnguyen178Apr 17, 2015 10:31 PM
Naruto, SAO, SnO, Golden Time brings me to anime and manga
Apr 25, 2015 4:11 AM

Feb 2012
[quote=tnguyen178]
Tsun2Yan said:
crunchytaco said:

Spoiler:

Anybody who read the LN knows Utaha always want to be side by side Tomoya but as long as she is beside him, they can't grow up because Tomoya treats her so nice that he never pushes her to deadline. Her choice is the best for him, although she will hold that sorrow to end of life
tnguyen178 said:
Lightnovel said:
Stealing Tomoya's first kiss and calling him Rinri-kun again, Utaha says that he shall be known as Furinri-kun (immoral-kun) from now on. Utaha tells him that she had already parted ways with him like that and said those terrible things to him, yet Tomoya still chases after her. She says she's prepared to be kept in anguish like livestock (litreal meaning is closer to 'keeping a pet until it dies') by him. Tomoya asks her not to say things about herself like that. Utaha mumbles that she gives up.

But Tomoya finally understand her choice and meet her and Eriri at Train station in Epilogue.

Utaha more or less dedicated her first light novel to Tomoya in the end, but he refused to read it until it was officially published. From that point onwards, it was just Utaha making her moves and getting shot down directly and/or indirectly. One way of looking at the events in Volume 7 is that Utaha tried to make herself give up Tomoya by making him hate her, but ultimately he ran after her (again) and forgave her. So she gave up on giving him up, which means more suffering down the road.

I get where you're coming from but personally the moment
is the moment any chance of her ending up with Tomoya disappeared.

Oh, and I have read the LN, just so you know.
May 15, 2015 4:41 PM
Jan 2011
[quote=Tsun2Yan]
tnguyen178 said:
Tsun2Yan said:

tnguyen178 said:

I get where you're coming from but personally the moment
is the moment any chance of her ending up with Tomoya disappeared.

Oh, and I have read the LN, just so you know.

Jul 6, 2015 5:06 PM

May 2011
Megumi better when
Jul 31, 2015 5:28 PM

Jan 2013
xsilicon9 said:

Since you quoted the whole thing so if you read what the other said, it tells you why.

Also, can anyone explain what happens during the winter convention thing and a bit after?
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Aug 3, 2015 3:16 AM

Aug 2013
xsilicon9 said:

loveyuri said:

Also, can anyone explain what happens during the winter convention thing and a bit after?

About that, it can be summarized like this:

Honestly with how good the eight volume is getting they got material for a third season although I doubt it will go beyond volume 7. Still one can dream.
Faust91xAug 3, 2015 3:22 AM
Oct 26, 2017 1:01 PM

Sep 2012
they better show ship end in anime to even if ts one ova that raps things up if they wont make S3
Nov 23, 2017 10:20 AM
Nov 2017
I just read the last two volumes after completing the Anime(2 seasons).
I was so emotionally moved.
Hero loved both eriri and utaha and they knew too.
But he chooses Megumi because hero can't reach the heights of their success as of now and it may lead to relationship damage(even if love persists). Megumi can understand such thing , so he chooses her.
Nov 23, 2017 10:23 AM
Nov 2017
At the end, Megumi became total 180° character turn but both hero n Megumi know they can overcome any difficulty which is not a case with eriri and utaha.
The moment with tomoya and eriri(especially) and tomoya and utaha(she nails it) on Dec 31st is the best
Jan 16, 2020 9:01 AM
Oct 2018
Aries said:
So he wont end up with utaha? thats disappointing. Guess its time to drop this anime. Had such a high hopes for it

If you want and end with Utaha then read the spinoff manga ....
Mar 24, 2021 6:53 PM
Mar 2021
jake_long2499 said:
Aries said:

jake_long2499 said:
Aries said:

I would love to know the name of this manga? I think he's belongs with Utaha
Mylove101Mar 24, 2021 6:57 PM
Apr 10, 2021 4:47 AM
Jan 2018
Thought it would be pretty obvious that it’s the main girl

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

315 by Foigo »»
Yesterday, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

111 by spicarie »»
Nov 6, 2023 7:37 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2015

156 by spicarie »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:26 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2015

108 by spicarie »»
Nov 6, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2015

224 by spicarie »»
Nov 6, 2023 3:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.