Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 9, 2015 4:16 PM

Aug 2009
Ep 1
[spoiler]
Madhouse is back with a vengeance, honestly I thought it was over for them when they started making showing like Sunday without God, Mahouka, Photo Kano, Mahou Sensou and No Game No Life. With this and Parasyte they've really proven that they're not out of the game yet. Although I felt Billiards was a better ep than this (I guess you could kind of count that as ep 0), this was still a really great. The Op was hella funky and the OST and animation were top notch. Also the atmosphere in general was very well maintained. Very tense and dramatic throughout. Definitely a great concept for an episodic show and one of the best shows of this season. Now excuse me while I continue to resist the urge to make a joke about birth rate.
LoneWolfJan 9, 2015 5:29 PM

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 9, 2015 5:48 PM

Mar 2010
Episode 1
Jan 9, 2015 6:24 PM

Feb 2010
Episode 1
[spoiler]
I agree that this felt more melodramatic than Death Billiards and if they exaggerate it like this every episode it could become a problem. But for now I just really love the concept and I'm looking forward to what they can do with it.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 10, 2015 3:53 AM

Sep 2009
Episode 1:
Jan 10, 2015 7:45 AM

Mar 2010
brianwuzhereJan 10, 2015 7:52 AM
Jan 10, 2015 9:49 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Episode 1
Jan 10, 2015 9:51 AM

Dec 2012
Episode 1

[spoiler][size=90]This felt a bit anticlimactic. I had too many expectations from the movie. Nevertheless, it was great. So she really did cheat, eh? Damn this was depressing.
Jan 10, 2015 9:57 AM

Jan 2015
Episode 1

NicaLovesYashiroJan 10, 2015 10:01 AM
Jan 10, 2015 1:54 PM

Mar 2010
KingYoshi said:
Episode 1

Jan 16, 2015 1:42 PM

Mar 2010
Episode 2
brianwuzhereJan 16, 2015 2:09 PM
Jan 16, 2015 7:04 PM

Aug 2009
Ep 2
[spoiler]
Some nice explanation for what was actually going on behind the scenes. I wasn't really buying the whole Machiko was actually the good one spin though. It seemed really clear in the last episode who was in the wrong. I guess this show really wants to look deeper at human psychology and actions though and that's always something I'll support. It seems like Nonaginta is definitely the head-honcho in limbo, considering the way she was bossing Decim around. The ED was amazing and the jazzy OST was much appreciated. OP is still pretty much the best of the season.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jan 16, 2015 9:27 PM

Feb 2010
Episode 2
[spoiler]
This was kinda interesting but so far I'm not too impressed with the show in terms of plot/writing. It has potential though and I agree that OP and ED are fantastic.
Jan 17, 2015 2:36 AM

Sep 2009
Episode 2:
Jan 19, 2015 7:33 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Episode 2
Jan 19, 2015 9:03 AM

Aug 2009
[spoiler]
Honestly it might just be a personal thing for me. I really find cheating to be one of the most deplorable and despicable things a person could ever do. Especially in the context of a marriage, which is supposed to be the highest form of love and the strongest bond between two people. To be able to betray someones trust and love in that way takes a very sick and twisted mindset IMO. If she truly loved Takashi I don't see why she would ever cheat on him. The mature and responsible thing to do would have been to get a divorce and then sleep around with as many men as she wanted, but instead she chose to betray his trust, loyalty and love.

Yes he was being paranoid, because he thought she was cheating, but it turned out she in fact was cheating, so his suspicions were not without warrant. It doesn't matter if it was just one time, or if she regretted it afterword, she did cheat on him and she can never take that back. Physical injuries (aside from permanent injuries) will heal over time, but emotional, mental and psychological damage some people never recover from. Her outburst at the end seemed like she wanted evoke a violent reaction from Takashi so he would look like the bad guy in the end and she got exactly that, except Decim didn't fall for it, because he already saw through her act. I don't know maybe cheating is not a big deal to most people and they don't take it seriously or don't care, but I already said how I feel about it so it seemed really obvious to me who deserved to have their soul reincarnated.
LoneWolfJan 19, 2015 9:07 AM

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jan 19, 2015 9:19 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
KingYoshiJan 19, 2015 9:23 AM
Jan 19, 2015 9:40 AM

Aug 2009
[spoiler]
Well if you are considering the reasons for why they got married she straight up told him it was for the money and those girls gossiping confirmed that. There is no reason Takashi would agree to marrying Matchiko if he didn't truly love her. Also if it was just sex and physical then why would she be staying up and texting this other man while Takashi was pretending to sleep right next to her? She obviously had an emotional connection with this man if she was wasting this much time and effort on him even though the man she cheated with was doing the exact same thing to her. She chose to betray the man who wanted to share his entire life with her, including his money and status as a doctor and that is unforgivable to me. I personally would never take back a partner who cheated on me, because they obviously don't think loyalty is important and will probably cheat more in the future. I also believe it is always worse when a woman cheats, because that could lead to a situation where the man could be raising a child that isn't even his own. If a man cheats, at the very least the woman will always have the dignity of raising her own child. This was the situation that Takashi was in and even if she only slept with him once, one time is all it takes. Your wife having a child with another man while she is married to you would drive even the sanest and cool-headed man to the brink and just makes the situation so much worse. The fact that Matchiko was willing to have this child even though she knew it could be child of another man speaks volumes about her character.
LoneWolfJan 19, 2015 10:03 AM

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jan 19, 2015 11:10 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
battosai-01 said:
[spoiler]
Well if you are considering the reasons for why they got married she straight up told him it was for the money and those girls gossiping confirmed that. There is no reason Takashi would agree to marrying Matchiko if he didn't truly love her. Also if it was just sex and physical then why would she be staying up and texting this other man while Takashi was pretending to sleep right next to her? She obviously had an emotional connection with this man if she was wasting this much time and effort on him even though the man she cheated with was doing the exact same thing to her. She chose to betray the man who wanted to share his entire life with her, including his money and status as a doctor and that is unforgivable to me. I personally would never take back a partner who cheated on me, because they obviously don't think loyalty is important and will probably cheat more in the future. I also believe it is always worse when a woman cheats, because that could lead to a situation where the man could be raising a child that isn't even his own. If a man cheats, at the very least the woman will always have the dignity of raising her own child. This was the situation that Takashi was in and even if she only slept with him once, one time is all it takes. Your wife having a child with another man while she is married to you would drive even the sanest and cool-headed man to the brink and just makes the situation so much worse. The fact that Matchiko was willing to have this child even though she knew it could be child of another man speaks volumes about her character.
[/spoiler]

Jan 19, 2015 3:41 PM

Oct 2007
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Jan 19, 2015 4:57 PM

Aug 2009
[spoiler]
As I made it clear in my last post, I am very pro-choice. The choice to have or not have a baby is always a choice that is available to the woman and I don't think any woman should be forced to keep a child she doesn't want to have. It is her body and her choice and Matchiko had the choice to not have this potentially illegitimate child, but she chose to keep it and she chose to keep that fact that it could be someone else's from Takashi. She has the choice to raise this child, but why should Takashi be forced to raise a child that is not even his own? Also a father should always have the right to know about and be there for his own flesh and blood. This is not only her child it is half of someone else and that person is entitled to have a say in how that child is raised unless they have been proven to be abusive.

All the proof and logic pointed at Matchiko being the one in the wrong here. Do you really think those girls gossiping just happened to be talking about a different Matchy who just happened to marry another wealthy doctor beside Takashi? Even how they died, if Matchiko truly loved Takashi why didn't she just answer the phone and clear herself of suspicion. She knew he was suspicious of her so why not try to prove that she really loved him? If she really cared about Takashi she would just divorce his ass and bang that other dude who she is giving so much time and attention to instead of her husband, instead of cheating on him in secret. She cheated on him, kept the fact that the baby might not be his from him, but somehow she is still the good guy in this story because she still loved him? How does that make any sense? I think the only reason you are defending Matchiko is because she is female. If the roles were reversed and Takashi was the one cheating and maybe having a kid with another woman there is no way you would ever take Takashi's side and I would be right there with you.

I feel like there is a great lack of empathy for male characters in the anime community. Not to throw you under the bus Yoshi, but you had the same problem with KimiUso. You simply couldn't put yourself in the male MC's shoes and see how badly the girls in his life were treating him and you just couldn't bring yourself to believe those girls could ever do anything wrong. Woman are not infallible and they don't need to be protected and coddled. They are humans beings just like you and me that should be fully held accountable for their actions both good and bad. In the same respect men are not emotionless statues. We feel emotions just the same as women and it hurts just as bad. Maybe you've just never been cheated on and don't know how it feels like but its a terrible thing to do any person and I don't wish it upon anyone. I refuse to believe she still loved Takashi after all the shit she put him through to the point of just straight up breaking him mentally at the end there.

Cherry on top if you go to around 20:30 in episode two you'll see that Nona goes back on her stance of Takashi being in the wrong and never being able to find happiness because of his trust issues (which I remind you were completely warranted because she actually cheated on him) and says "Actually I take that back, She has a way to go". She in this case referring to Kurkami. Furthermore Kurokamo's entire argument was based on a "hunch". All of Decim's arguments were based on evidence and logic. As to why Kurokami sided with Matchiko, Nona sided with Kurokami and Decim sided with Kurokami in the end you should google something called "own group preference/own group bias", specifically in relation to gender. You'll quickly find that while woman are more likely to prefer the company of and take the side of other woman but, it isn't the same for men. Many men lack the own group preference that should make them prefer to take the side of other men so they will often take the side of women instead. This would definitely explain your particular lack of empathy toward male characters and also that it's not just a thing in the anime community, but a problem in society as a whole, but I do see much more if it in the anime community in comparison. Also I think Decim kind of has self-esteem issues. Being ordered to make drinks all day and being told his only good attributes are being serious and making drinks by his boss have to take a toll on him. It's kind of ironic that Nona tells Decim to consider other peoples feelings and emotions when she doesn't do the same to him. If he just stayed on point and referred to his evidence and logic then he could have easily proved her wrong and not have been swayed by her "hunch". Yeah I think I brought up all the points worth bringing up at this point so I'm done for now -_-
LoneWolfJan 19, 2015 8:22 PM

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jan 20, 2015 12:24 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Jan 21, 2015 10:44 AM

Aug 2009
[spoiler]
In regards to keeping or not keeping the child I was trying to show the importance that it was her decision and her choice and that she didn't have to have the baby. She chose to keep it, even though it could hurt Takashi and the actual father. Like I said before, a man has the right to know if the child he is raising is really his and a father has the right to be a part of their child's lives (unless they are abusive).

I think if Takashi were truly distrusting then he would have called off the wedding after he heard that gossip, but he trusted Matchiko. Unfortunately that trust was in vain, because she still cheated on him. The seed of distrust was planted in him during the wedding and because of Matchiko's suspicious behavior like staying up in the middle of the night texting her lover it just continued to grow. I think if Matchiko truly loved Takashi and was really feeling remorseful and guilty about her actions she would have come clean and told him about her affair. I personally would not take her back, because like I said before she will probably cheat again (past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior). Maybe Takashi would be more like you and would forgive her for this "one time thing" and they could reconcile their relationship. Instead she decided to lie and keep this from him and just let him think he is going crazy thinking his wife is cheating on him when she is actually cheating on him.

About morality. I don't care if people sleep around. One time hookups, sex friends, orgies w.e . If a woman has had a lot of partners she is likely to be better in bed and open to different things. If a person is single it shouldn't matter who or how many people they are sleeping with. My problem is because they are in a committed relationship. When you enter into a committed relationship with someone it is expected that it should be monogamous unless stated otherwise (I know there are swinger couples and stuff). Marriage like I said is the highest form of a committed relationship. I don't feel like cheating is a "mistake" it is a choice that she consciously made. The fact that she was still keeping in contact with the guy she cheated on further supports this. Even if she got totally wasted on alcohol and didn't have her wits about her, if she really regretted the experience she would have cut off contact with him and she would have come clean to Takashi about what happened.

If I was married and my wife told me that she never loved me, only married me for my money and was having the child of another man it definitely would not "ease my soul". It would make me extremely resentful of her and make me feel like I wasted a huge part of my life with a terrible person and feel like an idiot for trusting her and marrying her in the first place, despite my suspicions. I might have even reacted very violently and emotionally just like Takashi did. Maybe finding out your wife is a gold-digging cheater who wanted to force you to raise the child of the man she cheated on you with and your entire married life was a lie would help to ease your soul, but I'm pretty sure most guys don't see it that way. Lastly I was under the impression you thought Takashi's soul was the one that should have been sent to the void to never be reincarnated. Either I didn't read through your posts clearly or I just assumed you meant that so my bad. Situations can always be grey but there is also the better of two evils. The mechanics of the game only allowed for one person's soul to be reincarnated and in this case I feel like Decim made the right decision.
LoneWolfJan 21, 2015 10:49 AM

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jan 21, 2015 1:48 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
[spoiler]Yeah, I said that if it were up to me, both souls would have been saved. I don't suppose that is an option though. Its all good. I just didn't think either party's action were bad enough to warrant a trip to the void. Basing that on the idea that Matchiko's actions were a mistake and she actually did love Takashi still. I see where you are coming from too and you make some good points. There is no doubt that Matchiko handled the situation poorly. The way she acted, the facial expressions, and body language just made me think that she was flying off the handle for his sake. By shouldering the blame, easing his guilt, pushing toward his reincarnation, etc.

I agree that if there was no option to save them both, Matchiko goes to the void. That was the greater of two evils indeed.
[/quote]
Jan 23, 2015 8:41 PM

Aug 2009
Ep 3
[spoiler]
Not very much tension this time around, but a nice light-hearted episode can be fun once in a while. Also lol @ the girl being named Miyzaki, I guess thats what he gets for insulting the anime industry. The twist at the end was kind of sad too, but I don't think it added all that much to the story in the end. Decim's deadpan humor near the end is fantastic too "Will 5 minutes be enough?" XD. Also looks like two people can have their souls reincarnated. If you go back to ep 1 you can see the symbols on top of the elevators. One is a demon mask which signifies hell or the "void" and the other is the human mask which signifies having your soul reincarnated (or maybe heaven? idk my subs might be different). In ep 3 both elevators have the human mask and ep 1 has the demon mask for Matchiko and human for Takashi . Here are images for reference.
Ep 1
http://i.imgur.com/GvhCJ9X.png?1
Ep 3
http://i.imgur.com/LqMFfqO.png?1
LoneWolfJan 23, 2015 9:40 PM

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jan 23, 2015 9:17 PM

Mar 2010
Episode 3
brianwuzhereJan 23, 2015 9:30 PM
Jan 24, 2015 4:21 AM

Sep 2009
Episode 3:
Jan 24, 2015 9:22 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Episode 3
Jan 25, 2015 8:14 PM

Feb 2010
Episode 3
[spoiler]
It was a decent episode but considering how less hostile the game was and how the staff was less insistent on the 'you have to gamble your life' part at the beginning it almost feels like they're manipulating the situation as they see fit which strikes me as kinda weird.
Jan 31, 2015 1:01 AM

Aug 2009
Ep 4
[spoiler]
Well looks like we're back to the drama. I understand that the actress was having a hard time managing her children and was facing domestic abuse, but that doesn't give her the right to take it out on other people. The story of the hikki guy was pretty sad too. Not really sure what else to say...
LoneWolfJan 31, 2015 1:10 AM

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jan 31, 2015 4:33 PM

Mar 2010
Episode 4
Feb 1, 2015 3:52 AM

Feb 2010
Episode 4
[spoiler]
Pretty sad episode. The drama was more understandable this time since one of them got killed and the other commited suicide so it's natural that there would be some drama/tragedy/tension behind that. Still a bit much but overall I quite enjoyed the episode.
Feb 6, 2015 9:41 PM

Mar 2010
Episode 5
Feb 7, 2015 2:04 AM

Aug 2009
Ep 5
[spoiler]
Nice ep, fake out was a welcome break from the drama. It's nice that the show takes some time to do world building and character development for the arbiters. Ginti and the old guy both seem like a lot of fun too, hope to see more of them. The skull mask girl too, I think shes in a slightly higher position than Nona since she seems to be in charge of memories. I'm guessing Decim was supposed to be Jimmy in the story... to be honest he just seems kind of thirsty to me lol.
LoneWolfFeb 7, 2015 3:23 AM

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Feb 7, 2015 3:43 AM

Sep 2009
Episode 4:

Episode 5:
Feb 7, 2015 7:53 AM
Feb 9, 2015 7:30 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Episode 4
Feb 10, 2015 1:07 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Episode 5
Feb 10, 2015 2:37 PM

Feb 2010
Episode 5
[spoiler]
This is the kind of stylized episode that made me really like the original short. PLanet billiards, awesome character designs, skull masks, random battle with strings and Hisoka. I don't even need content if every episode was like this :>.
Feb 13, 2015 6:35 PM

Aug 2009
Ep 6
[spoiler]
It felt like the show was parodying itself this episode XD Even the way they both died was ridiculous and not even any judgement at the end. This was pretty fun... are these two just gonna stick around for the entire show though? (like Kuromi) They're in the OP iirc so it could be a possibility. Anyway if this episode made anything clear it's that Giniti is easily the best character.

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Feb 14, 2015 9:44 AM

Feb 2010
Episode 6
[spoiler]
This was a pretty fun episode, I agree. I'm a bit bothered that there was no judgment at the end but maybe you're right battosai and they stick around. Though I only recall the girl being in the OP, not the dude.
I also loved seeing an episode focus on Ginti, but best characters is obviously his cat :>.
Feb 14, 2015 3:55 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Episode 6
Feb 20, 2015 7:23 PM

Mar 2010
Episode 7
Feb 20, 2015 10:45 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Episode 7
Feb 21, 2015 3:08 AM

Sep 2009
Episode 6:

Episode 7:
Feb 21, 2015 2:03 PM

Aug 2009
Ep 7
[spoiler]
I'm guessing what Nona did to Decim (giving him emotions) is illegal and the Lotus beard guy is catching on... don't see this ending well. Also turns out the brown hair guy in the OP with an eyepatch is actually a she. Seems like an interesting character. I hope we can learn a bit more about the information people (and that skull mask girl, shes pretty awesome). Also not really sure how I feel about Mayu sticking around. I think shes good for light-hearted eps... but shes only a hindrance when they are trying to tackle more serious subjects. Maybe Ginit's eps will all be light-hearted. Either way I find her kind of annoying and I think everyone knows how I feel about annoying characters >_> Someone please make a gif of Giniti throwing her out of his bar lol

Also kind of confused with the word Ningyo. In the subs they say it means dummy. From what I remember though it means doll or puppet. It can also mean mermaid I think? lol Idk I was just confused.

The band that did that OP also made a live-action parody of the anime OP which I found pretty hilarious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VJ0-iR5ArA
LoneWolfFeb 21, 2015 2:31 PM

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Feb 21, 2015 8:39 PM

Feb 2010
Episode 7
[spoiler]
Okay, this was by far the most intriguing episode of the series yet. Basically the first time it's becoming clear what this show is about in terms of plot.
I'm pretty sure Decim already has human emotions, and I do think Ginti has them as well (Nona was 'carrying' both of them along with her in the flashback and his behaviour is just quite emotional). They may have different emotions though, as a sort of experiment.
In any case the old guy who's the boss doesn't seem to condone that and I also smell some trouble in future episodes.
Overall this episode didn't only provide a solid foundation for the plot in the second half but also fleshed out some of the characters, especially Decim, and introduced the last character that was missing from the OP. Very good stuff.
Feb 27, 2015 5:20 PM

Mar 2010
Episode 8
Feb 27, 2015 10:49 PM

Aug 2009
Ep 8
[spoiler]
Agreed last few eps have been a bit more steady. Still more Ginti would be appreciated. It's nice that they are trying 2-parter this time. I'm guessing both the detective and the brother are related to the assault and murder of the other's sister/wife. Maybe it's just cause I can't imagine having truly "important" people in my life, but I find it odd how both the detective and the brother became involved by proxy and because of this it likely lead to their own deaths. Maybe if we were all a bit more selfish we could live longer :P Also found it pretty funny when Decim says theres no one that cannot be judged while Kurokami is standing right next to him XD

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Mar 1, 2015 4:37 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Episode 8
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Ie Naki Ko (Nobody's Boy Remi)

LoneWolf - Feb 24, 2015

33 by TheDenOfEverythn »»
Nov 11, 2019 3:22 PM

» Moonlight Mile - Simulwatch

omakase - Nov 27, 2017

23 by KannoSugako »»
Jan 8, 2018 7:04 AM

» Victorian Romance Emma - Simulwatch

LoneWolf - Feb 12, 2017

22 by LoneWolf »»
Jun 12, 2017 11:10 PM

» Mujin Wakusei Survive - Simulwatch ( 1 2 )

KingYoshi - Sep 27, 2016

62 by omakase »»
Feb 4, 2017 2:37 PM

Sticky: » List of all the public simul-watch projects

Alcoholicide - Feb 7, 2012

10 by hpb123 »»
Dec 14, 2016 9:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.