Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 24, 2015 2:55 PM

Sep 2014
black1blade said:
FlameseeK said:
I don't like Assassin much...

I like you. Oh be fair sasaki is pretty cool. I would choose him over rider anyway.

No way. Rider looks much stylish than him and plays a much much more important role in the story. Her fight against Saber also kicks ass in Fate. Her ride is so sick that it makes Iskander look like some random homeless dude! lol
Jan 24, 2015 3:03 PM

May 2014
I've not been "disappointed" by any Servant so far. I simply dislike Saber because she constantly tried to shove her kiddy ideals into your face during Fate/Zero.
Jan 24, 2015 3:06 PM

Aug 2014
FlameseeK said:
black1blade said:

I like you. Oh be fair sasaki is pretty cool. I would choose him over rider anyway.

No way. Rider looks much stylish than him and plays a much much more important role in the story. Her fight against Saber also kicks ass in Fate. Her ride is so sick that it makes Iskander look like some random homeless dude! lol

Actually fair enough, the fate fight was epic.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jan 24, 2015 3:35 PM
Sep 2012
FlameseeK said:
Unfortunately in the grand scheme of things both are irrelevant to the narrative, though
Jan 24, 2015 3:51 PM

Sep 2014
June93 said:
FlameseeK said:
Unfortunately in the grand scheme of things both are irrelevant to the narrative, though

Jan 24, 2015 3:55 PM

Dec 2013
Tatsuya-kun said:
I've not been "disappointed" by any Servant so far. I simply dislike Saber because she constantly tried to shove her kiddy ideals into your face during Fate/Zero.

I think everyone else tried to shove their ideals into Saber's face. Stop bullshiting plz
Jan 24, 2015 4:04 PM
Sep 2012
Tatsuya-kun said:
I simply dislike Saber because she constantly tried to shove her kiddy ideals into your face during Fate/Zero.
This simply isn't the case at all.
ahncgj21Jan 24, 2015 4:16 PM
Jan 24, 2015 4:10 PM

Sep 2014
Don't put words in my mouth man. :P
Jan 24, 2015 4:14 PM

Sep 2013
FlameseeK said:

PFFT we all know you're a Rinfag who hates Saber :3

It's useless to deny it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2015 4:16 PM
Sep 2012
FlameseeK said:
Oh dear how hazukashii, and fix'd.
Jan 24, 2015 4:22 PM

Sep 2014
Mickdrew said:
FlameseeK said:

It's useless to deny it.

I don't hate Saber. She's always welcome to the party. Quite welcome in fact.
Jan 24, 2015 4:45 PM

Oct 2013
FlameseeK said:
Mickdrew said:

It's useless to deny it.

I don't hate Saber. She's always welcome to the party. Quite welcome in fact.

This is exactly the that an Rinfag say.
I am Hatedmainofanime. More no one.
Jan 24, 2015 4:49 PM

Jan 2014
hatedmainofanime said:

This is exactly the that an Rinfag say.

you need to be a new Rinfag. :3
Jan 24, 2015 10:12 PM

Oct 2013
June93 said:
Frankenmoe, what were they even thinking?

I liked her design and thought she was cute, but yeah, I think berserker would've looked cooler if it actually looked like a monster.
I'd go with emobubbles, but someone else already had it, damn bastard.
Jan 24, 2015 10:31 PM

Sep 2014
Sakura Saber.......really? Okita Souji as a goddam saber clone.....
Jan 24, 2015 10:50 PM

Aug 2009
FZ-FSN Hassasns

Havent read F/A but I doubt any of them will be worse.
Jan 25, 2015 2:03 AM

Aug 2014
HentaiPriest said:
FZ-FSN Hassasns

Havent read F/A but I doubt any of them will be worse.

A brother in arms.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jan 25, 2015 2:13 AM

Sep 2014
Tatsuya-kun said:

She didn't tho....................................................

In the words of Gen Urobuchci

A symbol-like existence. Without her, Fate wouldn't be Fate. However, in Fate/Zero her kingly shell is still intact, and she plays the role of a hero instead of a heroine.
Over the course of Zero she experienced neglect play and tentacle play, was stalked, slandered, leered at, and preached at by drunks, and to top it all off the scoundrel who ambushed her at the very end turned out to be a former ally. It's no exaggeration to say that the entirety of Zero is built on her suffering. Still, all of that was for the sake of enjoying Shirou's delicious cooking ten years down the line. Or at least, that's the excuse I gave to the Saber Maid figure that silently watched over my furious writing every day. If it had been the plain clothes version, I definitely wouldn't have been able to finish the story.
Even just seeing one in a store window was enough to make me drop to my knees, ashamed of my own ugliness, and yell to the heavens, "What kind of man am I, bullying such a pure and beautiful young girl like this!?"
By the way, about Saber's suit. When I first imagined it, for some reason I just naturally assumed it would be a tuxedo. But after the art actually came in, I ended up settling on the current not-too-mannish traditional suit.
Thinking about it now, making her patrol around a rustic suburban city like Fuyuki in full party dress would have been extraordinarily embarrassing for her, so it was probably the right call.
The sun is a deadly laser
Jan 25, 2015 3:32 AM

Jul 2007
TLDR: Urobuchi made Saber OOC so he could shit on chivalry.
Jan 25, 2015 4:41 AM

Aug 2009
Or she was in character.

I know, right?It is a surprise but deal with it.
Jan 25, 2015 4:54 AM

Jul 2007
She was not.
Jan 25, 2015 5:08 AM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
She was not.

She was,

I'm sure you would know from your psychology lessons that a person acts differently around different people

If she was 'OOC' then Nasu would've said that.
Jan 25, 2015 5:22 AM
Aug 2011
For me, Saber was, unfortunately, a disapointment. I think her character was great in Fate/Zero. I don't know about you guys but doesn't her character seem like...weaker or maybe bland now? I understand that since Shirou is young and that he's an inexperienced Master, she goes soft on him and feels some kind of responsibility over him and therefore she's not acting the same way like in the prequel. (I think someone else mentioned this in the thread). But really, she's not acting herself in the fighting scenes either.
Jan 25, 2015 5:26 AM

Sep 2014
Mooniechick said:
For me, Saber was, unfortunately, a disapointment. I think her character was great in Fate/Zero. I don't know about you guys but doesn't her character seem like...weaker or maybe bland now? I understand that since Shirou is young and that he's an inexperienced Master, she goes soft on him and feels some kind of responsibility over him and therefore she's not acting the same way like in the prequel. (I think someone else mentioned this in the thread). But really, she's not acting herself in the fighting scenes either.

Don't worry, we've all noticed that.

To get the full enjoyment of her character, you have to read Fate route, which isn't getting adapted. Ufo derped, afterall.
Jan 25, 2015 5:28 AM

Aug 2014
Mooniechick said:

Joy, here we go again.
If there's any discrepancy in Saber's character, then she's acting out of character in Zero, not Stay Night.
Now, for blander, yes, she is kind of bland here, but F/SN was adapted from a visual novel with multiple routes, and Saber's route focuses on her so she's pretty shunted here. I feel the need to point out that she is still kind of bland in Zero as well.
Why would she act differently with Shirou? He's not an ass to her like

I have no idea what you mean by the last sentence. Not herself in fight scenes? >.>
InsertanamehereJan 25, 2015 5:39 AM
Jan 25, 2015 5:38 AM

Sep 2014
Insertanamehere said:
Mooniechick said:

Joy, here we go again.
If there's any discrepancy in Saber's character, then she's acting out of character in Zero, not Stay Night.
Now, for blander, yes, she is kind of bland here, but F/SN was adapted from a visual novel with multiple routes, and Saber's route focuses on her so she's pretty shunted here. I feel the need to point out that she is still kind of bland in Zero as well.
Why would she act differently with Shirou? He's not an ass to her like

I have no idea what you mean by the last sentence.

I don't think he's judging the consistency in her character, but rather saying that she hasn't been given any dimensions.

>Moeblob
>Moeblob
>Moeblob.

Jan 25, 2015 5:45 AM

May 2014
To be fair she does make a pretty cute moeblob.

10/10 would feed lancer
Jan 25, 2015 5:46 AM

Aug 2009
CookingPriest said:
She was not.

Of course not/sarc

Obviously,being treated as shit and the only chars treating her as equal or at least human was Iri and Lancer.Of course chivalry would NOT be the only thing she would talk about.
Mooniechick said:
But really, she's not acting herself in the fighting scenes either.
What does that mean?
That she is weaker?She never had a clean victory in FZ.She actually achieved more in FSN.
Jan 25, 2015 5:47 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Caster in Zero was laughably pathetic

I.E: Gilles de Rais
Jan 25, 2015 5:49 AM

Sep 2014
WrongPriest said:
To be fair she does make a pretty cute moeblob.

10/10 would feed lancer

Trust me, I am fully enjoying it. I don't give a damn anyway. The BDs come with a her ln =3

HentaiPriest said:
Mooniechick said:
What does that mean?
That she is weaker?She never had a clean victory in FZ.She actually achieved more in FSN.

She's even been powered up -_-
Jan 25, 2015 6:01 AM

May 2014
HaXXspetten said:

If you don't stop it with these avatars I'm going to go insane.

HentaiPriest said:
Mooniechick said:
What does that mean?
That she is weaker? She never had a clean victory in FZ. She actually achieved more in FSN.

I assume she means the whole honor deal, I don't really see a part where it would be applicable though.

I'm assuming.
Jan 25, 2015 6:09 AM

Aug 2009
WrongPriest said:
HaXXspetten said:

HentaiPriest said:
What does that mean?
That she is weaker? She never had a clean victory in FZ. She actually achieved more in FSN.

I assume she means the whole honor deal, I don't really see a part where it would be applicable though.

I'm assuming.
Her line to Berserker before the magical Burst and the fight with Sasaki.
Jan 25, 2015 6:12 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
WrongPriest said:
HaXXspetten said:

What's that supposed to mean? Are you thinking with your trouser monster again? So hopeless..
Jan 25, 2015 6:46 AM

Jul 2007
HentaiPriest said:
CookingPriest said:
She was not.

Of course not/sarc

Obviously,being treated as shit and the only chars treating her as equal or at least human was Iri and Lancer.Of course chivalry would NOT be the only thing she would talk about.
Mooniechick said:
What does that mean?

Being treated like shit would make her act like in her life(unfeeling machine of pragmatism). Not like total opposite of her life.
Jan 25, 2015 8:08 AM

Jul 2013
Most disappoint Servant, huh?

...Oh, that one's easy.

The Fate/Zero Assassin, and by extension, Hassan-i-Sabah Servants in general. Goddammit, I know you lot aren't supposed to be real Heroic Spirits since that would defeat the point and all, but still, could you be at least a little less boring and a little...well, more interesting in terms of characterization? Or abilities? Or heck, even your own dull, generic appearances?

I can't blame them for being so dull since that's just the way assassins are, but gah. In cases like this, I would prefer Rule of Cool to override practicality.

They're also the only Servants that we never got any backstory whatsoever on, and never will due to only assuming the identity of the real Hassan, which probably helps a lot.

Jan 25, 2015 8:22 AM

Aug 2009
CookingPriest said:
HentaiPriest said:

Of course not/sarc

What does that mean?

Being treated like shit would make her act like in her life(unfeeling machine of pragmatism). Not like total opposite of her life.
Or decide to change her approach to those around her.
MercifulPriest said:
Most disappoint Servant, huh?

...Oh, that one's easy.

The Fate/Zero Assassin, and by extension, Hassan-i-Sabah Servants in general. Goddammit, I know you lot aren't supposed to be real Heroic Spirits since that would defeat the point and all, but still, could you be at least a little less boring and a little...well, more interesting in terms of characterization? Or abilities? Or heck, even your own dull, generic appearances?

I can't blame them for being so dull since that's just the way assassins are, but gah. In cases like this, I would prefer Rule of Cool to override practicality.

They're also the only Servants that we never got any backstory whatsoever on, and never will due to only assuming the identity of the real Hassan, which probably helps a lot.
Fate/Strange Fake Assassin seems interesting.She is from the same sect but failed to get the Hassan-i-Sabah title so we may finally see characterization in someone from that sect.
Jan 25, 2015 8:31 AM

Jul 2013
HentaiPriest said:
Fate/Strange Fake Assassin seems interesting.She is from the same sect but failed to get the Hassan-i-Sabah title so we may finally see characterization in someone from that sect.

Mhm. Her, I like.

She's not a real Hassan, but she's proof that assassins from the sect can be interesting if some effort is put in~

Jan 25, 2015 8:44 AM

Jul 2007
I found FHA Assassin interesting too. He was...tricky.
Jan 25, 2015 8:49 AM

Jul 2013
CookingPriest said:
I found FHA Assassin interesting too. He was...tricky.

I liked the idea of a midget assassin, not to mention how he was hidden amongst various puppets, though his Zabaniya itself didn't strike me as too remarkable.

Still, I get it's not really fair to come to conclusions for that particular Hassan since we barely know anything about what he was like during the Third Holy Grail War.

Jan 25, 2015 8:56 AM

May 2014
I always thought of Fate/Zero of giving us a glimpse of what previous grail wars were like, except with the absence of evil heroic spirits and douchebage magi killers.

A whole heap of proud magi with tally-ho knights that fought glorious 1v1sies, but I guess they had assassins back then so maybe not.

There's so many proud boastful magi in nasuverse with their families and hierarchy's sometimes I forget there's allot of douchebag ones aswell.
Jan 25, 2015 9:04 AM

Jul 2013
WrongPriest said:
I always thought of Fate/Zero of giving us a glimpse of what previous grail wars were like, except with the absence of evil heroic spirits and douchebage magi killers.

If Avenger's memories are anything to go by, then apparently the Masters of the Third War were mostly like Kiritsugu 0.5. Planting landmines, involving the Nazis and military, and all that shizz. Lots of disaster and explosions. Boom.

Jan 25, 2015 9:15 AM

May 2014
MercifulPriest said:
WrongPriest said:

If Avenger's memories are anything to go by, then apparently the Masters of the Third War were mostly like Kiritsugu 0.5. Planting landmines, involving the Nazis and military, and all that shizz. Lots of disaster and explosions. Boom.

There's always that one party pooper who brings high explosives to a wizard fight.

Don't be that guy.
Jan 25, 2015 10:21 AM

Jul 2007
WrongPriest said:

A whole heap of proud magi with tally-ho knights that fought glorious 1v1sies, but I guess they had assassins back then so maybe not.

There's so many proud boastful magi in nasuverse with their families and hierarchy's sometimes I forget there's allot of douchebag ones aswell.

Except that...that was NOT how the previous wars went LIKE AT ALL?

Le's be frank. The whole "Grail war project" was a massive fuck up from the start.

Fate/Extra Moon Cell War is the closest to "proper" and even that one has different starting rules and
Jan 25, 2015 10:29 AM

Sep 2014
Moon Cell is the most fucked up, m8.
Jan 25, 2015 11:59 AM

Sep 2013
Fate/Zero now starring Nero
in case you haven't seen it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2015 12:03 PM

Nov 2014
Not exactly a heroic spirit but part of the type moon universe.

Sometime back somebody posted a pic of ORT as a loli on one of the threads that was easily the stupidest thing I have seen from anything type moon
Jan 25, 2015 12:05 PM

Jan 2014
Mickdrew said:

Would Kerry and Nero get along well?

Nero vs. Gil would be fun to see.
Jan 25, 2015 12:07 PM

Aug 2014
chickenonthepan said:
Mickdrew said:

Would Kerry and Nero get along well?

Nero vs. Gil would be fun to see.

omeg4 said:

Sometime back somebody posted a pic of ORT as a loli on one of the threads that was easily the stupidest thing I have seen from anything type moon

That was just some random fanart though.
Jan 25, 2015 12:10 PM

Aug 2009
omeg4 said:

You are no fun.
Jan 25, 2015 12:18 PM

Aug 2014
Wingul said:
Hassan. I haven't seen the BD extras for Zero yet, though.

Don't worry.
He's practically the same.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.