Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2014 11:10 AM
Nov 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well I guess that's the end of Advanced Generation and onwards to Diamond and Pearl.
Feb 22, 2017 10:29 AM

Jun 2009
These episodes are always so sad :( Especially when you know they barely reference Ash's old companions and Pokemon in the new series'. Ah well...onwards to D&P!
Jan 3, 2019 2:54 PM
Mar 2018
A disappointing finale to a decent series. "Gotta Catch Ya Later" was a fantastic end to the OS but this was pretty mediocre. May and Brock's goodbyes were over and done like that, without one-tenth of the emotional intensity that made the OS finale good, and the home portions didn't have much to write home about, either.
Oct 3, 2020 4:40 AM

Nov 2016
Liked this season as much as the original overall. Enjoyed both the Hoenn journey and revisit of Kanto a lot, also the contest bit.

The match between Ash and May was a nice touch at the end, gonna miss her and even Max, even tho I think their departure deserved a whole episode, it was a bit lacking compared to the moment where Misty and Brook went their ways. Gonna miss Ash's Hoenn team too. He would be the absolute elite by now if he kept his strongest Pokemon with him.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 26, 2021 10:40 PM

Sep 2017
the beginning part- double winners??? i thought they said if it was a tie they have to battle in a sudden death match till one knocks out. wack.
ash and gang part ways wonder if we will ever see them again.
Gary is back with a new pokemon from sinnoh. Pikachu Vs Electrivire good quick attack when Electrivire was in the air but Gary was one step ahead with that protect.
Garys going back to sinnoh, Ash wants to go too. Now we wait for a new story to fold. Aipom tagged along.
Aug 29, 2021 7:08 AM

Feb 2021
Farewell Advanced Generation, I enjoyed you more than when I did as a kid, now onto Sinnoh, my favorite one as a kid!
Nov 11, 2022 12:16 PM
May 2016
Muy infantil pero decente
Feb 4, 2023 12:39 PM
Mar 2022
I can finally rest now
Mar 15, 2023 3:44 PM

Jan 2013
Decent ending, everyone yet again going their own ways and we get to see Ash fight Gary again.

If I had to compare the first Pokemon season to Advanced Generation then I'd say the overall quality was better here.
However the first Pokemon season for me had a lot more memorable and unique episodes though, especially in the first 110~ ish episodes.

I wasn't the biggest fan of the contest stuff May participated in at the start but it turned out alright later on.
Also the Battle Frontier opening tune really grew on me, probably my next favourite after the original opening.

That said this season definitely had some great episodes, some that come to mind;
- Episode 39, the antics of the King of Tricks and the comedy was on point, definitely one of the funniest Pokemon episodes I've seen so far.
- Episode 157, I loved the story about the elderly couple and May and Meowth even made it so we're actually experiencing a new timeline compared to the one we've come to know and love since the start.

7/10
Aug 31, 2023 1:16 PM

Jul 2013
I'm not a big fan of the contest result, but I can understand it, since Ash is an experienced trainer and May is more experienced contestwise.

I would say that this series was a decent follow-up to the original one. I think it was better than Johto, because there were less episodes between Gym Battles and the addition of contests also helped to keep me interested. However, Kanto still has the most memorable episodes.

Max you better go catch that Ralts now!
NaughtyNoddyAug 31, 2023 1:20 PM
Dec 28, 2023 11:33 AM
Jan 2017
We love seeing Gary and Ash rivalry but Ash nor staying even a day a home because he wants to follow Gary's pat is like a lot

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon Advanced Generation Episode 33 Discussion

Albi-kun - Jun 27, 2014

7 by Larutz »»
Apr 23, 5:13 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Advance Episode 6 Discussion

removed-user - Nov 30, 2009

17 by Larutz »»
Apr 23, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Advance Episode 4 Discussion

VVill - Dec 31, 2011

6 by Larutz »»
Apr 23, 2:37 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Advanced Generation Episode 167 Discussion

LauPi314 - Dec 9, 2014

8 by Frezlaj »»
Feb 25, 10:13 PM

» I really like how much better handled May was than Misty

precita - Jan 29

3 by MrYujufudan »»
Feb 11, 4:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.