Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2014 5:12 PM

Dec 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sad twin story.
Apr 15, 2018 9:36 AM

Jun 2016
Now this is a pretty good villain. I knew when Shidou(syd?) was as boring as he was that we'd get something out of Bado. There is a direct contrast to Shun and Ikki with how the two were separated at birth, one to a fate that was far worse than the other and one that led them to spite the world and even come back to kill their own brother at a time. We could see the difference in Shidou and Bado's lives in the flashback alone. Bado was visibly poor, dirty, and letting out his anger hunting rabbits somewhat sadistically for food. At that point he was a somewhat frustrated brat but not like he is now. It was when his brother showed up with elegant clothing, a clean hair cut, a friendly joyous attitude, a horse, a full family on horses, and talk of servants when Bado truly cursed his fate. This is alike how Ikki did when Esmeralda was killed and he took his own masters life. The two have a similar life, but as Ikki put it, he found great friends, reunited with his brother, started to mold destiny by his hands and now is fighting with hope for a future of peace! Bado didn't have that realization, nor did he have someone come to his side, instead he was in the shadow alone this whole time- ready to let his own brother die in front of him. In other words, I like him. The idea of two people representing one star is cool!

Hilda said that Odin chose the God Warriors and I'm curious about how much truth is in that. I wonder if Odin chose the God Warriors, but this new antagonist who's overpowered him made Hilda give the warriors Odin chose for a reason a fate that they were not destined to have.

One strength of Saint Seiya is its willingness to show us our beloved characters get decimated. Ikki was stomped on, beaten while he was down, held up in a choke hold above the ground. It was awful, but it's something that drives home the message of Saint Seiya in a powerful way. We see how much perseverance and courage the saints have in a way that wouldn't be possible otherwise.
Mar 15, 6:29 PM
Jun 2023
This episode is much better than the previous one. I knew since Bado finished his story that Ikki would have no empathy for him. Its really tragic having a bad life because of pure puck and weird traditions on Asgard. I dont get it why Bado didnt tried to talk with his real parents or followed then until he have the courage to properly introduce himself as their lost son.
Bado choices however makes sense, hes just a shadow all of his life. Its sad he never had a friend or girlfriend to bring the best of him.
Also Ikki is immortal so Bado dont have a chance. Thats weird in saint seiya, he have a mortal wound on his head with blood and all but he get up like it was just a scratch.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 31 Discussion

barteq88 - Dec 2, 2010

11 by JVskunkape »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Who is your favorite Gold Saint?

removed-user - Aug 12, 2022

18 by Ex-Aid »»
Apr 24, 4:10 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 104 Discussion

Albi-kun - Mar 19, 2015

4 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 23, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 105 Discussion

Monad - Dec 9, 2013

7 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 23, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 112 Discussion

Monad - Jan 13, 2014

4 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 18, 11:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.