Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »
Dec 8, 2014 12:47 PM

Sep 2013
Episode of the year right here. Coherent narration, logical decisions, superb characterization. What else could you ask for. One of the best anime original routes i've seen in recent years. AgK AOTY
sic mundus
Dec 8, 2014 1:05 PM

Apr 2014
Why is everyone bashing this episode? It was great. I know this is cliche but I hope Tatsumi comes back. If not then at least Leone is still alive and still super hot.
Dec 8, 2014 1:13 PM

Apr 2011
Good episode though I'm still disappointed with the route its going with the death of Tatsumi.
Dec 8, 2014 1:21 PM

Oct 2014
Tokoya said:
Ughh no. He turned into Sasuke i.e the second he saw Pedi Clown, suddenly his plan to take down the capital from the inside/watch things burn/stand by went completely out the window because "ohmergawd the man that killed my class is right thur. Yes I know that I'm one of the few characters in this manga that actually has a brain/common sense, but instead I'm just gonna ignore my development and go to kill this man on my own knowing full well that this might be a huge bonehead mistake *derp*"

Please stop trying to justify shit writing. What they did to Ran was completely random, out of character and just plain stupid. If anything his death in the manga was fanservice to us readers because we wanted to see Pedo Clown die the most.

It's people like you that defends this garbage that makes me question humanity sometimes

lol When have I ever defended the anime after the second half of episode 19? I said I liked the music and Wave/Tatsumi's screams.

Anyway you're trying too hard to make Anime Run into something he isn't.

Darkdrone said:
You can't say he didn't know about the torturing, the drugs and all the other terrible things that the Empire did behind closed doors because he was behind the close door. He was part of an elite group of soldiers that served under a general and so he saw first hand how his comrades and commander treated citizens. Even if they did wrong, how can he be okay with the torture and mass murder happening by the people he was working with? He had to have known about Bois being part of the incineration squad, Dr. Stylish's experiments, Seryu's mindless evil notion and how she would kill people for small infractions and Esdeath mass killings.

Dude is a hack, did nothing in the show and is pretty much a Tatsumi rip off with blue incursio and blue hair.

1. He was apart of the Navy.

2. Him being sooo similar to Tats was the point. He's player 2 while Tats is player 1.
Dec 8, 2014 1:31 PM

Oct 2013
[quote=Tokoya][quote=NoongaJuice][spoiler][quote=dedeogbe]
NoongaJuice said:
dedeogbe said:

Yo, that's fine and all, but cramming all this in a few minutes towards the end of a show is kinda what people call... an asspull? (Pls no one kill me lol)
It was even more of an asspull in the manga. At least this way it made sense because he stayed true to his character/the foreshadowing instead of the random mess that happened in the manga

And lol I won't kill you xD

Thanks for explaining the sasuke thing, as someone who hasn't watched naruto (hermagash), even though you screwed the quote chain lol
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Dec 8, 2014 1:40 PM
Jun 2014
Rastafa21 said:
Episode of the year right here. Coherent narration, logical decisions, superb characterization. What else could you ask for. One of the best anime original routes i've seen in recent years. AgK AOTY

oops sarcasm meter exploded
Dec 8, 2014 1:53 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Tokoya said:
The only good thing you guys are missing out on is the last 3 chapters of the manga, everything before them was just bad with a little good moments mixed in between

Your blatant disregard for character development is as sickening as ever
The character development you speak of is the "little good moments" that I mentioned.

Those chapters were still bad so....

bastek66 said:
Tokoya said:
Ughh no. He turned into Sasuke i.e the second he saw Pedi Clown, suddenly his plan to take down the capital from the inside/watch things burn/stand by went completely out the window because "ohmergawd the man that killed my class is right thur. Yes I know that I'm one of the few characters in this manga that actually has a brain/common sense, but instead I'm just gonna ignore my development and go to kill this man on my own knowing full well that this might be a huge bonehead mistake *derp*"

Please stop trying to justify shit writing. What they did to Ran was completely random, out of character and just plain stupid. If anything his death in the manga was fanservice to us readers because we wanted to see Pedo Clown die the most.

It's people like you that defends this garbage that makes me question humanity sometimes

Christ, fucking stop. You are the one who defends biggest garbage writting which this anime has. Stop using that piece of shit Naruto to compare with anything.
I defend everything up to chapter 43. So I don't know where you were going with this

The only other time I even talked about the manga was when I was arguing with that Budou fanboy in the manga section over his top 10 or 20 (I don't fucking remember which) character rankings lists whereas we argued on whether or not he was stronger than Esdese.

Get your facts straight next time bruh before you go making baseless accusations. I stated from day 1 that I was glad that they skipped those chapters and changed things

kakoa1234 said:
Tokoya said:
The only good thing you guys are missing out on is the last 3 chapters of the manga, everything before them was just bad with a little good moments mixed in between

what? really what?

Characters:
Wave evolving as a character?
Prime minister ´s son evolving as a character
Mein and Tatsumi evolving as a character?
Lubbo evolving as a character?
Run evolving as a character?
Seriu (prime´s son) is team?

Fights:
Susano beast sacrifice and meanigfull?
Wave and Run vs Akame , Lubbo and Mein?
Wave vs Seriu?
Run vs the Clown?
Buodu beast mode?

You cant say only 3 chapters.. there are even more!~

The only great things in te anime is the animation and the fights. story made no sense since eposide 20.

The manga compared to the anime is way betteer... the manga may not be top tier but is enjoyable.

PS: Really? Tatsumi died to kid robot toy who just fires laserbeams? stupid.
I already responded to DL but to address some moments

Shura didn't evolve, he stayed exactly the same just like every one of his buddies. They were all evil for the sake of being evil and they died that way. There is no growth or development in that. Most of their antics were incredibly unnecessary

Not gonna deny that Rabac's resolve was great but other than that everything was just over the top for the sake of being edgy (Just falls back on why Wild Hunt was the result of shitty writing). The anime didn't do a bad job with it and for me I like Anime Shura more because without most of his unnecessary antics in the manga, he's not that bad for a sadistic killer

I already addressed Ran, not gonna repeat myself. And I'm talking about everything after chapter 43

Tldr, Mine and Tats was truly the best thing about those few chapters (I'm against this ship 1000% just like DL and I think that it should have been Chelsea here but I can admit that it's a good development)

Wave's falcon punch was fan service. We all wanted to see someone kick his ass and we got it however that in itself was a copout because we didn't get to see him die...Same thing applies to Pedo Clown

I've addressed all of this stuff ever since episode 20 and I don't feel like restating things sorry

GC-Wave said:
Tokoya said:

lol When have I ever defended the anime after the second half of episode 19? I said I liked the music and Wave/Tatsumi's screams.

Anyway you're trying too hard to make Anime Run into something he isn't.

I'm talking about people like you blindly defending those chapters in the manga Einstein

And I'm not trying to do anything, it's right there in front of your face to see for yourself, you just refuse to accept it

[quote=NoongaJuice][quote=Tokoya][quote=NoongaJuice][spoiler]
dedeogbe said:
NoongaJuice said:
It was even more of an asspull in the manga. At least this way it made sense because he stayed true to his character/the foreshadowing instead of the random mess that happened in the manga

And lol I won't kill you xD

Thanks for explaining the sasuke thing, as someone who hasn't watched naruto (hermagash), even though you screwed the quote chain lol
Haha no problem xD

And yeah, sorry about that, I was on my phone and I cba about it sorreh lol...Sorry >.<
TokoyaDec 8, 2014 2:32 PM
Dec 8, 2014 2:10 PM
Jan 2014
mbdsquad said:
This episode is directed Michael Bay.

lmao
Dec 8, 2014 2:46 PM

May 2013
Wow, just wow.... The main character died... I don't know what to say.

Dec 8, 2014 2:47 PM

Jul 2007
vitaxlilium said:
PriestSlayer said:
totally not a digimon

DIGIVOLVE INTO CHAMPION
DIGIVOLVE INTO ULTIMATE

Have some more.

Totally same animu, right~

Such a masterpiece, whitefox, such a masterpiece.
Dec 8, 2014 3:02 PM
Jan 2014
You never know, maybe Tatsumi miraculously survives thanks to some powerful healing relic. I'm not going to hold my breath, but I don't think its impossible that he somehow survives.
Dec 8, 2014 3:19 PM

May 2014
Accelevi said:
kakoa1234 said:
Naruto aint no shit.

This is as good of a joke as the anime-original parts of AgK.

Again. Naruto aint no shit
Yes, we may fall but there is something that we can do.... LIVE
Dec 8, 2014 3:26 PM

Aug 2013
Accelevi said:
kakoa1234 said:
Naruto aint no shit.

Naruto is a lot better than this shit. Way better and more character development, way better villains , far superior world building (AGK has like close to 0 world building), better combat system.
Dec 8, 2014 3:29 PM

Jul 2007
DrGeroCreation said:
Accelevi said:

Naruto is a lot better than this shit. Way better and more character development, way better villains , far superior world building (AGK has like close to 0 world building), better combat system.

IF we were talking about first ~50 or so chapters I would be agreeeing.

If we are talking about second half of it?

LULNO.
Dec 8, 2014 3:38 PM

Aug 2011
I wish i had stopped watching this series after ep 19 :L
Dec 8, 2014 3:48 PM

Aug 2014
That was a pretty good battle. In the end the enemy of my enemy is my friend...
But can't believe Tatsumi is dead... :(
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Dec 8, 2014 3:51 PM

Sep 2010
piperz said:
I wish i had stopped watching this series after ep 19 :L

Lol for real, for me it all went down hill when Lubbock and Mine died.
I had a suspicion that Leone and Tatsumi will die and it's just Akame. This is just gonna confirm that.
Lol Leone will die while killing that angel dude.
This anime is a total wreck.
Dec 8, 2014 3:54 PM

Jul 2013
[size=150]NO TATSUMI YOU CAN'T DIE!! KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND DO THE IMPOSSIBLE TATSUMI, YOUR INCURSIO IS THE INCURSIO THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER [/size]

Was I the only one getting a gurren lagann vibe from that near the end?

I don't give a shit what anyone says about this anime being overrated you cannot tell me this episode was hype as fuck.

As with most animes that I really enjoy. I've done a good job of keeping myself spoiler free and hell I don't even know if the manga is done or not, but whatever, it's not perfect but it's been an It's been an amazing ride and I cannot wait to see the final episode. I started out really skeptical of this series but I for one love it now.

Please kill that fucking emperor, that little shit needed to have the fuck beat out of him with a belt, don't give me that bullshit where it's not his fault cause he was manipulated, well so was that little girl in the first ep and she got slaughtered.

also Leone please don't die. She's my favourite NR member ever since Sheele died. plz
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Dec 8, 2014 4:17 PM

Jan 2012
This spoiled brat is manipulated way too easily...
Dec 8, 2014 4:31 PM

Oct 2014
Tokoya said:
I'm talking about people like you blindly defending those chapters in the manga Einstein

And I'm not trying to do anything, it's right there in front of your face to see for yourself, you just refuse to accept it

So me or anyone else liking character development is "blindly" defending ok gotcha.
Dec 8, 2014 4:42 PM

Aug 2014
Not an amazing episode, but no where near as bad as people are making it out to be.
There were some cliches and logic errors, but the battle was well done. This is the first time I've seen a show (compositely) kill of the main protagonist. Tatsumi dying could make for a better last episode though. Just like they had to kill Buudo to get to this point. Esdeath vs. Akame looks great.
Dec 8, 2014 4:47 PM

Mar 2011
As a viewer who just watch the anime adaption without reading the manga I really enjoyed it. Even though he is the main character I think Tatsumi still played his part as a MC being on all episodes until the penultimate one with a showdown between Akame and Esdeath in the end, its a really good plot for a conclusion. Don't know what the fuss is all about; you are taking down an empire for petes sake, you don't expect there to be no casualties on any of the MC's would you? Otherwise it would be classified as the usual irony MC happy ever after ending you see from most anime. Tatsumi also died doing a typical Tatsumi attitude to heroism to save a few people + maybe Akame from death

I'm still a bit confused about the Emperor and the Prime Minister though, I didn't see them die at all.
Dec 8, 2014 5:11 PM

Dec 2013
DrGeroCreation said:
Accelevi said:

Naruto is a lot better than this shit
I hardly think so.

way better and more character development
Regarding quantity, AgK=50 chapters
Naruto= 600 chapters, so yeah...i don't know how NS' development is anything more than average

way better villains
Not really, the villains lack a better resolution, as most of the times they're TnJ'd by Naruto. I can kinda see the meaning behind it in Pain's arc, but it doesn't get any less annoying, overused or anticlimatic, being overly preachy doesn't help it either. I don't think Naruto's villains are anything special[/quote]

Better combat system
Naruto part 1? Maybe. Part 2? Hell no[/quote]

far superior world building
Once again, i bring up the number of chapters, while it doesn't excuse AgK lack of a better world building, i don't think it's bad

But then again, that's just my opinion, in fact, this whole post is just my opinion, and i think AgK is vastly superior, and far more interesting and entertaining than Naruto
PriestSlayerDec 8, 2014 5:16 PM
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Dec 8, 2014 5:24 PM

Apr 2012
that new Incursion is cool imo

just kill that prime minister immediately ><

even been a main character is not a safe guarantee in this anime :'(

can't wait for final fight between Akame and Esdeath.

Dec 8, 2014 5:49 PM

May 2010
Wow. All this time I thought Tatsumi (besides Akame) was the main character since he gets most of the screen time.
I'm wondering what really happened in the manga. I don't really read shounen mangas, but I might start reading it because I'm so curious w/ all these rants xD.
Minori said:
*bawling* I'll never get married w/ a body like this! What'll I do?
Kousaka said:
Married? It looks like you're already pregnant.
Dec 8, 2014 5:51 PM

Oct 2013
I haven't watched it yet but knowing tatsumi died made me laughed...XD XD XD This anime is interesting!
Dec 8, 2014 5:59 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
GC-Wave said:
Tokoya said:

So me or anyone else liking character development is "blindly" defending ok gotcha.
No Child

You saying that arc *good* is what does that quite nicely.

Out of all of the complainers, Bastek makes me laugh the most because we all know that if that arc got animated he'd be shitting on it week in and out
Dec 8, 2014 6:21 PM
Jul 2014
lol its amazing how fast this show went from my most hyped watch to don't give a shit anymore. just sad really.
Dec 8, 2014 6:22 PM
Jun 2014
OK so the last episode finally put the last ship sinking (Tatsumi)
no more AKAxTatsumi, EsdXtatsumi, MineXTatsumi, LEoneXTatsume, KUroWave, AkaXKuro
They All sinking in the kitchen hole XD

Lets call it ship sinking of the year
Unless white fox gonna troll and create LeoneXRun, which is a total BS
Lol
There is something more vexing than being insulted, humiliated, and abused.

Having a slow internet connection
My time give back my Time T-T
Dec 8, 2014 6:26 PM
Aug 2014
This was so different from those Shounen animes. No superpower at all.

This shows that Protagonists are not immortal or what.

Final episode be Akame Trump card..

and a cool Minister's death.
Nami is the best anime ever
Dec 8, 2014 6:28 PM

Nov 2008
im not convinced that tatsumi truely dead, until we see the final episode. but its gonna suck if he does.

Dec 8, 2014 6:50 PM

Oct 2014
Eh, kind of a cliche episode. But NR did achieve their ultimate goal, so I guess I can't complain. I had a feeling Tatsumi would die somewhere though. For all we know, he may still be alive.

So is the 'storybook ending' still alive or no?
Dec 8, 2014 7:04 PM

Aug 2013

.Even if AGK was as long as Naruto it wouldn't have as much character development because it is a running gag on AGK to kill off as much main characters as possible. So characters would die before getting any development. Sasuke's development alone is better than any character development in AGK.

. Their resolutions are better than in AGK where the villains just die like fodder (this is mainly directed at the anime). In Naruto most of the villains have grand goals and in depth backstories to help you to understand their motivations unlike in AGK. The Prime Minister and Esdeath are pretty terrible villains for example. The Prime Minister just wants to keep the status quo of controlling the empire and Esdeath just loves to fight and annihilate the weak. They don't have any grand goals they want to achieve and in the case of Esdeath no good motivations. Not one single villain in AGK is as good as Pain and Orochimaru.

. Part 2 (Shippuden) had some very good strategic fights such as Sasuke vs Deidara, Sakura and Chiyo vs Sasori, Bee vs Kisame. Jiraiya vs Pain, Sasuke vs Itachi, Sasuke vs Danzo and Kakashi, Naruto, Gai, Bee vs Tobi. In these fights mainly Sasuke vs Deidara, Jiraiya vs Pain, Sasuke vs Itachi, Sasuke vs Danzo we see the combat system (ninjutsu, genjutsu,taijutsu) being almost fully used.

.You have a point but AGK has never cared about world building unlike Naruto which started developing and introducing it at very early on in the series.
DrGeroCreationDec 8, 2014 7:12 PM
Dec 8, 2014 7:27 PM
Apr 2010
All aboard to the TRAINWRECK!!!!!
Dec 8, 2014 7:33 PM

Apr 2008
KBM15 said:
All aboard to the TRAINWRECK!!!!!

A trainwreck speeding towards a nuclear power-plant
Dec 8, 2014 7:39 PM

Mar 2011
Lol all you fuckin' whiners.
Dec 8, 2014 8:10 PM

Sep 2011
Tokoya said:
Darklight0303 said:
Any anime defenders left now? Oh god the trainwreck just gets worse and worse
The anime let the true MC live so I don't give a shit

Agreed, so far I'm liking it more than the current shit in the manga lol.
Dec 8, 2014 8:14 PM

Dec 2013
DrGeroCreation said:
snip
I see, you also have a good point, but i guess we will just have to agree to disagree. It was great getting to know more about your POV though, MAL needs more civilized debates like this
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Dec 8, 2014 8:22 PM

Aug 2013
PriestSlayer said:
DrGeroCreation said:
snip
I see, you also have a good point, but i guess we will just have to agree to disagree. It was great getting to know more about your POV though, MAL needs more civilized debates like this
I agree, nice debating with you.
Dec 8, 2014 8:30 PM

Apr 2012
To be honest, there died too many characters that I don't care anymore :/
Dec 8, 2014 8:34 PM

Jan 2013
ninjastarforcex said:
peachhead96 said:

Digimon!

That is just awesome xD
Dec 8, 2014 8:40 PM

Oct 2014
Tokoya said:
No Child

How we go with pointless insults.
Dec 8, 2014 8:43 PM

Oct 2012

Not sure what all these people are whining about, this anime has been completely mediocre from episode 1.
f42f21f24aDec 8, 2014 8:50 PM
Dec 8, 2014 8:52 PM

Apr 2012
Now they wanted to focus on Akame in the final episode? Too late already...

The title of this series don't give any relevance at all because Akame got less screentime & her character is too underdeveloped. This anime should deserve a reboot based on Akame's point of view.

I didn't read the manga but... what was the author thinking while deciding the title anyway?
fshahDec 8, 2014 9:04 PM
Visit my blog site for my own impressions about anime & other things: http://infonochikara.wordpress.com/
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/kaoru_kajiura
Subscribe on YouTube channel: http://youtube.com/KaoruKajiura
Dec 8, 2014 8:56 PM

Oct 2014
Not looking forward to the shitstorm next week... probably 50+ pages of hell on earth...
Dec 8, 2014 9:08 PM

Jul 2012
wtf is happening
yo
Dec 8, 2014 9:13 PM

Aug 2014
I thought Tatsumi got plot armor.

Oh well
Dec 8, 2014 9:27 PM

Oct 2014
fshah said:
Now they wanted to focus on Akame in the final episode? Too late already...

The title of this series don't give any relevance at all because Akame got less screentime & her character is too underdeveloped. This anime should deserve a reboot based on Akame's point of view.

I didn't read the manga but... what was the author thinking while deciding the title anyway?

Akame was originally meant to be the "perspective" character... but apparently the creators deemed her too "uninteresting."

The name "Night Raid" was already taken... I guess.

Also I guess this was suppose to be a VN... with multiple routes... as the creator has done mainly visual novels in the past.
D3pthChargeDec 8, 2014 9:34 PM
Dec 8, 2014 9:29 PM

Oct 2011
TATSUMI !!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO T________T

Will Leone be the only Night Raid member alive? TwT
Dec 8, 2014 9:47 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
GC-Wave said:
Tokoya said:
No Child

How we go with pointless insults.
If I actually was trying to insult you, I'd make it a lot more obvious than what you think my previous post was doing

I like how you're just beating around the bush with irrelevant shit though, it shows just how blind you actually are...You guys just gotta keep making a bad name for us manga readers huh?
Pages (20) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2014

330 by PastUchiha98 »»
May 8, 9:47 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

472 by PastUchiha98 »»
May 8, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

1209 by Ratris_Decision »»
May 2, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1364 by vero231 »»
May 1, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2014

282 by Cammell »»
Apr 18, 11:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.