Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Dec 3, 2014 6:24 PM
Jul 2013
Arcanix said:
On 20, Arima and Kaneki are going to celebrate their birthdays, Arima eating cake, Kaneki eating d.

Sasaki eats doritoes and drinks dew thats why he is so strong.
Serpent evidently did the same.
Mitsuki should do that, she needs sponsors :'(

The secret is with the dew.
Just an average weeb
Dec 3, 2014 8:51 PM
Nov 2014
Mossface12 said:
Arcanix said:
On 20, Arima and Kaneki are going to celebrate their birthdays, Arima eating cake, Kaneki eating d.

the only drawback is cheeto dust on the fingers but that can be easily resolved if you're top class
Dec 4, 2014 2:08 AM
Jul 2018
gabyta07 said:
So we already know that chapter 64 happened on december 20th for real

But what happened the other december 20ths...what chapters were published those dates?

Forget it, I got it

He was tortured in chapter 64

And around the other december 20th, he met Sen Takatsuki, and got a double signature as present :p

Interesting observation. Getting more impressed by ishida's foreshadowing by the moment.

The new "torture" might be Ayato giving Haise a biology lesson which will bring forth epic awaken of you-know-who. That will be a cool christmas gift.
Dec 4, 2014 2:56 AM

Oct 2014
I don't understand why ppl think that Ayato and Haise are going to be fighting next chapter.
The next issue is "Aogiri's expectations"
So this makes me think is going to be blah blah blah about Aogiri, I don't think Ishida-sensei will give us any action
Ishida-sensei has always gone for a slow pace, plus this is a seinen, meaning that there is more blah blah than in a shonen manga, to be able to develop a deeper plot.
I mean even chapter 10 of TG was about Hinami and mother being introduced, Hide saying thanks to Touka for saved him. Chapter 10 was very tame. I am not including chapter 9 bc that was the continuation of the fight with Nishio.
Anyway, this is just to say I don't understand.
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Dec 4, 2014 5:35 AM
Oct 2012
gabyta07 said:
I don't understand why ppl think that Ayato and Haise are going to be fighting next chapter.

because most people love battleshounen, even if they say seinen is better.
Dec 4, 2014 8:15 AM

Oct 2014
I just think everyone is anxious. and we should be. Its like ishida is dangling a juicy plot of meat before hungry dogs. some folks (like me) read the chapters with continuous freedom, one after another, and now have to wait week by week. i'm antsy, i'll say but ion think there are going to be any crazy battles yet either. ishida is drawing more lightly(translates to mood and intensity of plot), has root A to work on, and on top of that was looking for an assistant so i think it'll be a sec before things get nice and juicy.

but i am hoping something really solid happens soon!
"Events that happen in this world are a continuous series of trifling things. And within those myriad pieces of puzzles, there is a fragment that leads to the truth." -Kishou Arima
Dec 4, 2014 2:10 PM

Feb 2014
do you guys remember when did ishida show us the ccg side in TG?
EustassKiddo !
Dec 4, 2014 2:14 PM

Oct 2014
ftsyzc said:

In chapter 10, Yoshimura warns Kaneki that if he sees some guys with suitcases to come and tell him and I think that same chapter we see Amon for the first time

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Dec 4, 2014 8:28 PM

Aug 2014
Wait, so is Kaneki in Haise's body?
Dec 4, 2014 9:40 PM

Apr 2014
Swerv said:

Kaneki is Haise. That's all you need to know.
Dec 4, 2014 10:15 PM

Aug 2014
Z4k said:
Swerv said:

Oh... Well that's intriguing..
Dec 4, 2014 10:31 PM

Nov 2014
Swerv said:
Z4k said:

Haise is the persona created by the ccg/arima/kaneki resulting from kaneki losing his memories from the first 20 years of his life.
Dec 4, 2014 10:34 PM

Nov 2014
anikaneki said:
Sometimes..... i worry about kaneki yall..

this is getting out of hand.

The legend of Sassaneki....tokyo ghoul:rinkaku bender

atleast hes got a job. Isn't he the best airbender ever? i mean best quinckes ever?
Dec 4, 2014 10:40 PM

Aug 2014
bromains said:
Swerv said:

Haise is the persona created by the ccg/arima/kaneki resulting from kaneki losing his memories from the first 20 years of his life.

I thought he was created into Haise by Arima after his death in S1..
Dec 4, 2014 10:46 PM

Nov 2014
anikaneki said:
I genuinely laughed and thought arcanix was trolling me. Then acernos chimed in. Lol but I don't like Arima because he is the enforcer, the number 1 lapdog of the CCG. And he said killing ghouls was a hobby in jack. Lol He hasn't showed me he's anything but a tool working for an organization that depicts themselves as a force of good.

And do we really wanna go the ethics route? About organizations and ghoul restaurants? Because there is no code of ethics made towards ghouls by the CCG except for kill them unless you can use them in a way to kill more of them. Like they aren't harvesting them. Liquid ghouls? Multiple Aratas... There are so many tangents in ishidas work that it's hard to keep track with some things and I'm not ignoring things In both arguments but Yall tellin me YALL don't see the sinister things CCG is doin? Hush up

I dont think hes necessarily a lap dog i think arima is a genius at such a level it'd be hard for him to kill so many ghouls and not see their human side by now and know things aren't so black and white. on a slightly unrelated note there was a theory that kanekis hair turned white because of stress because there is a syndrome like this in real life from kaneki being tortured, its probably a stretch but the reason arimas hair changed from black to white so swiftly as well is probably a similar reason could be becaus ehe realized what he was killing werent monsters and his opinion changed from JACK. but thats purely speculation could be nonsense.

i do think that he definitely doesn't see them as just a hobby to kill anymore. it'd be one thing if i believed he just spared kaneki to use him as a weapon but when you consider that arimas arch enemy is the only half ghoul that was known to the ccg you wouldn't think he would spare another one even if it were to use it as a weapon against other ghouls since we know hed exterminate kaneki if he went out of control. but if it were just as simple as that he wouldn't take the time to attack haise and give him tips on how to improve himself, because if he made haise 2 powerful he would certainly destroy a large part of the CCG in the time it took to exterminate him should he become too strong.

you'd also think arimas relationship with kaneki would be more superior to subordinate feeling if he really was a lap dog who just destroys ghouls with no second thought

I thought he was created into Haise by Arima after his death in S1..

if your suggesting kanekis organs were transplanted into haise the answer is no. haise being kaneki whose memory was lost is what the story has portrayed.
Dec 4, 2014 11:00 PM

Aug 2014
I'm still confused.
Dec 5, 2014 1:05 AM

May 2011
Mossface12 said:
Arcanix said:

Can ghouls drink dew ? That's weird :/

Swerv said:
I'm still confused.

Kaneki didn't die, he was mentally manipulated by whoever was in charge back then. *_*
Dec 5, 2014 1:47 AM

Jul 2013
Swerv said:
I'm still confused.

Kaneki never died at the end of s1, he was taken into custody by Arima, probably suffered some degree of memory loss and was given a new identity as Haise
Dec 5, 2014 2:44 AM

Jul 2014
Why are you even wasting your time with your shit theories... of course Kaneki died at the end of TG, what are you smoking? This Haise guy is probably just a clone, you'll see.
Dec 5, 2014 3:16 AM

Feb 2014
gabyta07 said:
ftsyzc said:

In chapter 10, Yoshimura warns Kaneki that if he sees some guys with suitcases to come and tell him and I think that same chapter we see Amon for the first time

actually i think we will see the ghoul side 0_0 namely touka, ayato, hinami, nishiki or even aogiri. but amon ? idk maybe. but i will keep my expectations low :d
EustassKiddo !
Dec 5, 2014 3:28 AM

Oct 2014
ftsyzc said:
gabyta07 said:

actually i think we will see the ghoul side 0_0 namely touka, ayato, hinami, nishiki or even aogiri. but amon ? idk maybe. but i will keep my expectations low :d

Oh next chapter??? What I am expecting is to see Hinami, Eto, Ayato, Tar....and so on and on.
I am expecting to only see Aogiri.
But I would like so much to see Tsukiyama.

Dec 5, 2014 3:54 AM

Jul 2013
gabyta07 said:
ftsyzc said:

Oh next chapter??? What I am expecting is to see Hinami, Eto, Ayato, Tar....and so on and on.

Saiko saiko saikoooo I'm totally up for a dose of the NEET
Dec 5, 2014 5:11 AM

Aug 2014
Arcanix said:
Why are you even wasting your time with your shit theories... of course Kaneki died at the end of TG, what are you smoking? This Haise guy is probably just a clone, you'll see.

Ya he died from Arima.. I guess we'll have to keep watching to see if our theories will be valid or invalid.
Dec 5, 2014 5:14 AM

Oct 2014
Swerv said:
Arcanix said:

Ya he died from Arima.. I guess we'll have to keep watching to see if our theories will be valid or invalid.

An another who falls for the trolling.....

Dec 5, 2014 5:33 AM

Jul 2013
Swerv said:
Arcanix said:

Face palming so hard right now....
Dec 5, 2014 5:36 AM

Apr 2014
Swerv said:
Arcanix said:

Oh you poor soul.
Dec 5, 2014 5:37 AM

Dec 2013
Holy shit, fucking newbies falling into Arcanix trolling. God damn. The bait has been bitten.
Dec 5, 2014 6:17 AM

Aug 2014
Oi, what's wrong with thinking Kaneki died? I clearly saw Arima gulge his eyes out and body.
Y'all just bullies =3=
Dec 5, 2014 6:21 AM

Apr 2014
Swerv said:
Oi, what's wrong with thinking Kaneki died? I clearly saw Arima gulge his eyes out and body.
Y'all just bullies =3=

Well did you forget Kaneki's regeneration is abnormal even for a ghoul?
Dec 5, 2014 6:29 AM

Aug 2014
Dec 5, 2014 6:35 AM

Aug 2014
Z4k said:
Swerv said:
Y'all just bullies =3=

My brain capacity is too small to consider all these magnificent ideals. Maybe you should narrow it down from Einstein level to an elementary grade understanding.
llewerafDec 5, 2014 6:49 AM
Dec 5, 2014 7:10 AM

Nov 2014
Swerv said:
Z4k said:

My brain capacity is too small to consider all these magnificent ideals. Maybe you should narrow it down from Einstein level to an elementary grade understanding.

How is what he said an ''ideal''? Pretty sure you didn't make a typo either.

And even when you don't consider the fact that Kaneki has exceptional regenerative abilities, if you've read TG:RE up until this point it is rather obvious that he isn't dead.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2014 7:14 AM

Apr 2014
Well I blame the readers who read TG only for the action and white haired kaneki's fight scenes while missing out small yet important details in the manga.
Dec 5, 2014 8:02 AM

Jul 2014
Z4k said:
Well I blame the readers who read TG only for the action and white haired kaneki's fight scenes while missing out "all" important details in the manga.

FTFY
Dec 5, 2014 8:02 AM

Oct 2014
bromains said:

how were you able to ignore all the posts i've been apart of thus far and miss the mark this much on what i was saying?. I like ya bromains.. I really do.. but sometimes ya gotta fallback
anikanekiDec 5, 2014 8:06 AM
"Events that happen in this world are a continuous series of trifling things. And within those myriad pieces of puzzles, there is a fragment that leads to the truth." -Kishou Arima
Dec 5, 2014 8:16 AM

Oct 2014
Arcanix said:
Z4k said:
Well I blame the readers who read TG only for the action and white haired kaneki's fight scenes while missing out "all" important details in the manga.

FTFY

it would've been overkill.
Dec 5, 2014 8:17 AM

Feb 2014
gabyta07 said:
ftsyzc said:

well of course i want to see them all too . but since amon is one of my favourites ...

Swerv said:
Z4k said:

omg guys its obvious that he is trolling. why did you take it serious lol
EustassKiddo !
Dec 5, 2014 8:23 AM

Apr 2014
ftsyzc said:
Swerv said:

omg guys its obvious that he is trolling. why did you take it serious lol

I doubt it since he fell for arcanix's post lol.
Dec 5, 2014 8:27 AM

Aug 2014
I troll 16 year olds in real life. 14-15 on the internet. Just to kill time before I goto the gym/uni.
Dec 5, 2014 8:30 AM

Apr 2014
Swerv said:
I troll 16 year olds in real life. 14-15 on the internet. Just to kill time before I goto the gym/uni.

Sure you do.
Dec 5, 2014 8:36 AM

Sep 2013
Urie is probably gonna sabotage Shirazu's ghoul hunts to make himself look better.

Swerv said:

Trolling a troll post is not trolling since you replied to the troll in the first place even thou you trolled back :
Dec 5, 2014 8:38 AM

Nov 2014
Swerv said:

I doubt someone who doesn't know the definition of an ideal goes to uni, regardless of whether or not English is your first language.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2014 8:38 AM

Feb 2014
ichii_1 said:
Urie is probably gonna sabotage Shirazu's ghoul hunts to make himself look better.

Swerv said:

Trolling a troll post is not trolling since you replied to the troll in the first place even thou you trolled back :

sorry but i have to do this.

trolling or not trolling. that is the question lol
EustassKiddo !
Dec 5, 2014 8:44 AM

Aug 2014
ichii_1 said:

Swerv said:

Shaddup Doge.
Dec 5, 2014 1:13 PM
Oct 2012
I'm interested in who was the ghoul rank S that Sasaki defeated to have won the prize white wing.
Dec 5, 2014 6:20 PM

Aug 2014
Naruto
Dec 5, 2014 6:57 PM

Dec 2013
Acernos said:
I'm interested in who was the ghoul rank S that Sasaki defeated to have won the prize white wing.

on the "S"treets obviously xD
Dec 5, 2014 8:01 PM
Oct 2012
you know that what makes an interesting troll is that it hides behind their posts some shrewd intelligence, without it, it's just a sucker pathetic.

anyway, in a few hours the spoilers are delivered.
Dec 5, 2014 8:28 PM

Aug 2014
Acernos said:
you know that what makes an interesting troll is that it hides behind their posts some shrewd intelligence, without it, it's just a sucker pathetic.

anyway, in a few hours the spoilers are delivered.

Ya brodet, those trolls can...
Dec 5, 2014 9:08 PM
Jul 2018
ichii_1 said:

Swerv said:

Thank god you are not ishida
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.