Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Nov 17, 2014 2:28 PM

Jul 2014
Z4k said:
wtfitsmegaman said:
Isn't sasaki supposed to be stronger than a s -rank ghoul considering his strength at the end of TG.I would be disappointed if he had trouble dealing with a s-rank ghoul :-(((

You do know serpent is stronger than an S rank ghoul? His rank is just a temporary one and might increase with time. Even Kaneki had a hard time dealing with an SS rank ghoul if you remember.

He didn't have a hard time, he got fucking stomped :P. And bikaku has an advantage over rinkaku from what i remember. Both the serpent and Shachi have a bikaku.
Nov 17, 2014 2:37 PM

Nov 2013

Pretty epic.
Nov 17, 2014 2:47 PM
Apr 2014
guys as i have that the orgam that made sasaki was from kaneki wich means that kaneki now is like rise back when she was in the doc that made kaneki a ghoul in other words the ccg is holding kaneki in some of thier ghoul prison or they're extracting organs from him to make the like of sasaki
i was hopping to see ken but not like this way :'(
Nov 17, 2014 2:50 PM

Jul 2014
BIGKING1996 said:
guys as i have that the orgam that made sasaki was from kaneki wich means that kaneki now is like rise back when she was in the doc that made kaneki a ghoul in other words the ccg is holding kaneki in some of thier ghoul prison or they're extracting organs from him to make the like of sasaki

Ya, you right, i think they have a cloning machine too, what do you think about it?
Nov 17, 2014 2:53 PM

Oct 2014
BIGKING1996 said:

Please just kill me...kill me.
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Nov 17, 2014 3:01 PM
Apr 2014
Arcanix i think that they are doing to kaneki just like how that doc who transform ken from a human to an artifical ghoul you rember they kept her in a facility taking organs from her that's what i think cuz in tokyo ghoul kaneki have the some stuf about rize when he was tortured by jason
Nov 17, 2014 4:03 PM
Oct 2012
theory - perhaps the fact that (possible or he can believe) Kaneki have eaten Hide that made him despise / hate / fear his ghoul side, I do not think impossible Arima have used it, I think this might explain some issues.

about Nishiki and Serpent, guys, reread the first fight between him and Kaneki and you will see that Nishiki and Serpent has the same habit of putting his hand on the ear.
Nov 17, 2014 4:09 PM
Jul 2014
Hmmm i kinda feel that its Kanekis organs and not Kaneki himself because from what im hearing is that the guy fighting sasaki is nishiki, wouldnt he remember kanekis face?? I hope im wrong i really want sasaki to be kaneki :(
Nov 17, 2014 6:03 PM
Nov 2014
BlueAyashi said:
Hmmm i kinda feel that its Kanekis organs and not Kaneki himself because from what im hearing is that the guy fighting sasaki is nishiki, wouldnt he remember kanekis face?? I hope im wrong i really want sasaki to be kaneki :(

I can't wait for the whole organ theory to be cleared up...
Serpent/Nishiki did seem to sort of recognize Haise, or at least was surprised. Maybe the reason he didn't outright say/think that this guy is totally Kaneki is that it's been 2-3 years(pretty sure 3 years) since his disappearance. So you wouldn't really expect a dead guy to actually be alive after so long...
And with the whole organ transplant theory, Kaneki hallucinated Rize not because he had her organs but because he knew her(sort of), and she had had a big impact on him. So he hallucinated her as a sort of coping method to the torture I believe.
Also another thing I've been hearing is that Haise acts so much like Hide because he as Kaneki ate him. That doesn't really make any sense to me... Wouldn't he like have a ton of different personalities from other ghouls he ate if that was the case? He has a second, similar personality to Yamori because he was tortured by him constantly for ten days, not because he ate his kakuja... So maybe because Hide was one of the last people he saw before his "death", maybe that had some sort of impact on him and he subconsciously (considering the amnesia/brainwashed theory) took on Hide's personality to adapt to the CCG? Hide was a pretty good investigator after all. Also holding out hope that Hide is still alive.
Nov 17, 2014 6:06 PM

Dec 2013
Arcanix said:
wtfitsmegaman said:
Isn't sasaki supposed to be stronger than a s -rank ghoul considering his strength at the end of TG.I would be disappointed if he had trouble dealing with a s-rank ghoul :-(((

Ya let's stomp them all. Only an Amon clone can fight of Kaneki clone.

holy shit, atleast this one made me laugh.

Arcanix said:
Satan-sama said:

It's funny how some people still think that Serpent is Nishiki. They're really desperate to see some old faces. Yeah, Nishiki and Serpent have the same type of Quinque but they're not the only ones who possess it :/ besides this, Nishiki isn't wasn't that evil.

People don't say that he is Nishiki only because they have the same kagune, but whatever... Nishiki was always evil, he never gave a fuck about doves/most of other ghouls, he cared only for Kimi. He helped and stayed with Anteiku only because they helped him save Kimi. Now if the girl that was showed dead was really Kimi here was the only reason Nishiki gave a shit about anyone thrown out the window.

Finally your usual post.
Nov 17, 2014 6:38 PM

Apr 2014
Nope this stupid organ theory won't clear up not until ishida personally confirms it.
Nov 17, 2014 7:05 PM

Jul 2013
BIGKING1996 said:
Arcanix i think that they are doing to kaneki just like how that doc who transform ken from a human to an artifical ghoul you rember they kept her in a facility taking organs from her that's what i think cuz in tokyo ghoul kaneki have the some stuf about rize when he was tortured by jason

yep and they'll probably have amon torture sasaki the same way jason tortured ken :(
Nov 17, 2014 7:49 PM
May 2014
Last time this forum starting making their theories about TG, the most popular one was that Hide was the one eye ghoul and boy was this forum wrong. Now I see that Kaneki = Sasaki is the most popular one and now I wonder how it would end this time. Just remember Ishida-sensei is the biggest troll when it comes to TG.
Nov 17, 2014 7:53 PM

Jul 2013
starlightgundam said:
Last time this forum starting making their theories about TG, the most popular one was that Hide was the one eye ghoul and boy was this forum wrong. Now I see that Kaneki = Sasaki is the most popular one and now I wonder how it would end this time. Just remember Ishida-sensei is the biggest troll when it comes to TG.

He isn't a "troll" for heavens sake. We wouldn't have a sequel if he was. He's a master of hidden symbols and meanings and nothing he hints at is without reason.
Nov 17, 2014 8:17 PM
Oct 2012
Hide = one eye ghoul

and Sasaki = Kaneki

are totally different theories, to begin with there was never evidence that supported a theory about Hide, or better, in chapter 69, with the revelation that the owl was already a kakuja for over 10 years, it was more than enough evidence to discard the theory on Hide, but well, there are people who do not pay attention to evidence and tips left by the author, and prefer to live their illusions.
Nov 17, 2014 8:21 PM

Dec 2013
Arcanix said:
BIGKING1996 said:

Ya, you right, i think they have a cloning machine too, what do you think about it?

Beware ghoul politicians, Akumetsu on the way! Or maybe, Akushumetsu!
Nov 17, 2014 8:47 PM
Jul 2014
chickiefoo said:
BlueAyashi said:

I can't wait for the whole organ theory to be cleared up...
Serpent/Nishiki did seem to sort of recognize Haise, or at least was surprised. Maybe the reason he didn't outright say/think that this guy is totally Kaneki is that it's been 2-3 years(pretty sure 3 years) since his disappearance. So you wouldn't really expect a dead guy to actually be alive after so long...
And with the whole organ transplant theory, Kaneki hallucinated Rize not because he had her organs but because he knew her(sort of), and she had had a big impact on him. So he hallucinated her as a sort of coping method to the torture I believe.
Also another thing I've been hearing is that Haise acts so much like Hide because he as Kaneki ate him. That doesn't really make any sense to me... Wouldn't he like have a ton of different personalities from other ghouls he ate if that was the case? He has a second, similar personality to Yamori because he was tortured by him constantly for ten days, not because he ate his kakuja... So maybe because Hide was one of the last people he saw before his "death", maybe that had some sort of impact on him and he subconsciously (considering the amnesia/brainwashed theory) took on Hide's personality to adapt to the CCG? Hide was a pretty good investigator after all. Also holding out hope that Hide is still alive.

Thank you this gave me some hope :)
Nov 17, 2014 9:37 PM
Jun 2012
I am the type to not read into details and let the story explain itself so i'm gonna wait. Really looooooooooved how the fight is beginning. Go Haise Go! And seeing white hair Kaneki made my kokoro squeal >w<.
Nov 17, 2014 10:00 PM
Nov 2014
Here's what I think about everything that's going on.
-Kanekii = Haise based on behavior traits, same face features and structure, very similar body measurements and ages.

-Others have mentioned it before, but I will reiterate:
Ishida seems to be drawing a parallel from TG with TG:re which I think is a clever way for Kaneki to see both sides of the Ghoul vs. the CCG. Besides, Ishida has a penchant for yin and yang, and for one to complete a story, we must see two sides of the same coin :).

-I think Torso was just a "set-up" to bring out the Q's and more importantly, Sasaki's fighting ability. Remember that little, weird camera woman? No doubt that girl is snapping pictures of Sasaki's unfurling kagune for much more perverse and nefarious reasons. However, since I also believe that Nishi=Serpent, I think it was that Nishi is just on a vengeful bout than ACTUALLY trying to scope of Sasaki. So there are a lot of things being brought together, but again, this is only my speculation.

-I like the idea that Sasaki is taking Ghoul suppressants. Someone previously stated before an RC count for a ghoul is 5000+, but, it would make sense if Sasaki takes these suppressants so he can be more human-like. This would also help support the theory of the kakuja kaneki hallucination trying to take a hold of Sasaki. Not to mention, on TG:re ch ~2 the doctor babbles about Ghoul-like tendencies and symptoms and then apologizes to Sasaki, implying Sasaki's true nature. Another reason why I support this idea/theory is because Sasaki does has a lot of trouble and is shown to cough up blood in his short exchange of blows between him and Serpent. Though, of course, another plausible explanation is Serpent can be MUCH more powerful than S rank, and Sasaki can be totally underestimating his opponent= another reason why he called for Akira for back-up.

In the ending of TG, the kakuja was really driving Kaneki insane. I think Sasaki=Kaneki and therefore, he DID make peace with both of his sides, but the kakuja is an abnormality ( its an abnormality to ghouls, eventhough it's pointed out ghouls were designed to kill eachother)
Okay so:

- Clamaatooo is depressed. Camera Girl is there.
-Introduce main crew of TG:RE with the Torso case.
-Introduce Serpent pissed off
-Camera girl helps Kuki and sharkboy solve the case in exchange for Sasaki's underwear
-We all figure it out where Torso is, why he picks his victims etc etc.
-Battle showdown: Q squad then Sasaki.
-Sasaki releases his kagune, but the kakuja is trying to take a hold of him.
-----speculation-------
-creeper girl takes pictures of Sasaki for Calmaatooo, but more importantly, probably Aogiri Tree.
-Sasaki probably loses it
-shit goes down xD.
meowmix101Nov 17, 2014 10:11 PM
Nov 17, 2014 10:47 PM

Oct 2014
I also think Sasaneki will be defeated by serpent, since it will go well for the parallel story style Ishida is making, Nishiki was defeated by Kaneki, now in TG:RE he will defeat him, although I think his Kaneki side is going to recognize Nishiki, wich would make the personalities be put into conflict, which would make him more insane, to which it would drive him out of control, and lose the fight.

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Nov 17, 2014 10:58 PM

Oct 2014
Maledict said:
Read the last couple of pages while listening to this, it makes it infinitely better and it's only fitting:

anikaneki said:
i stated this previously in this thread. i think alot of my posts here get overlooked cause my profile pic doesnt show. blegh

I actually read your post, but him being implanted with an Ukaku that's still coming out of his waist sounds too far fetched to me.

lol true... but ya never know and i was just stating that i had a theory that supportedd or atleast touched on the structure of his kagune now since you spoke on it as well. . as far as his kagune what do YOU think is the reason for its new shape?
anikanekiNov 18, 2014 2:43 AM
"Events that happen in this world are a continuous series of trifling things. And within those myriad pieces of puzzles, there is a fragment that leads to the truth." -Kishou Arima
Nov 17, 2014 11:16 PM

Oct 2014
reasons serpent is nishiki:

theory of motive:
torso hunts women with scars.
kimi has a scar, given by nishiki
nishiki was deeply and relentlessly in love with kimi

personal similarities:
height
kagune (bikaku tail with split at end)
shit-like talking person while fighting
mainly uses kicks

other:
parallel antagonist chronologically to tokyo ghouls first antagonist
tarot card 8 (justice) lies in shadow of tokyo ghoul:re chapter 6 page 7(lower left corner)
eludes to recognizing sasaki
wears similar mask

PLEASE IF YOU HAVE EVIDENCE THAT THIS CAN NOT BE NISHIKI STATE OBSERVATIONS WHY. I FEEL LIKE PEOPLE ARE SAYING THEY DON'T BELIEVE ITS HIM BECAUSE ISHIDA IS A TROLL BUT ISHIDA DEFINITELY PUTS HELLA HINTS THAT FORESHADOW THE OUTCOME SO ITS NOT TROLLING IF THE REAL ISSUE IS THAT YOU DIDN'T CATCH THEM INITIALLY.
"Events that happen in this world are a continuous series of trifling things. And within those myriad pieces of puzzles, there is a fragment that leads to the truth." -Kishou Arima
Nov 17, 2014 11:32 PM

Feb 2012
anikaneki said:
reasons serpent is nishiki:

theory of motive:
torso hunts women with scars.
kimi has a scar, given by nishiki
nishiki was deeply and relentlessly in love with kimi

personal similarities:
height
kagune (bikaku tail with split at end)
shit-like talking person while fighting
mainly uses kicks

other:
parallel antagonist chronologically to tokyo ghouls first antagonist
tarot card 8 (justice) lies in shadow of tokyo ghoul:re chapter 6 page 7(lower left corner)
eludes to recognizing sasaki
wears similar mask

PLEASE IF YOU HAVE EVIDENCE THAT THIS CAN NOT BE NISHIKI STATE OBSERVATIONS WHY. I FEEL LIKE PEOPLE ARE SAYING THEY DON'T BELIEVE ITS HIM BECAUSE ISHIDA IS A TROLL BUT ISHIDA DEFINITELY PUTS HELLA HINTS THAT FORESHADOW THE OUTCOME SO ITS NOT TROLLING IF THE REAL ISSUE IS THAT YOU DIDN'T CATCH THEM INITIALLY.

THANK YOU.

(See, this is why the organ theory and shit are retarded.)
Nov 18, 2014 3:20 AM
Oct 2013
Acernos said:
Hide = one eye ghoul

and Sasaki = Kaneki

are totally different theories, to begin with there was never evidence that supported a theory about Hide, or better, in chapter 69, with the revelation that the owl was already a kakuja for over 10 years, it was more than enough evidence to discard the theory on Hide, but well, there are people who do not pay attention to evidence and tips left by the author, and prefer to live their illusions.

Never been here too long so I never seen "Hide=one eye ghoul" fandom and how it failed so hard. But will history repeat again this time?

Regardless of evidence, what's making me doubt is the manner of thinking they have to even start to speculate that "Hide=one eye ghoul" in the first place. What baffles me is that they're probably applying the same mindset again.
ExplodingGirlNov 18, 2014 3:32 AM
Nov 18, 2014 3:33 AM

Feb 2008
The denial, trolling by some people is just so sweet or irritating. Never had any doubt myself that Sasaki was Kaneki, but even after all this confirmation seeing some people deny it is just amusing. There's just has been so many confirmation already, and now even the finger cracking, which like others have pointed out already, isn't something that isn't hereditary by mere organ transplantations.

Also, why do so many people think Serpent is Nishi? Shouldn't Nishio be able to recognize Kaneki? Or at least be shocked at someone so closely resembling him, especially having both the grey and black hair he once had? Serpent's almost none reaction to him, calling him merely the king of fakes just doesn't seem to make me think he's Nishio.
Nov 18, 2014 3:40 AM

Apr 2014
mugiwara84 said:
The denial, trolling by some people is just so sweet or irritating. Never had any doubt myself that Sasaki was Kaneki, but even after all this confirmation seeing some people deny it is just amusing. There's just has been so many confirmation already, and now even the finger cracking, which like others have pointed out already, isn't something that isn't hereditary by mere organ transplantations.

Also, why do so many people think Serpent is Nishi? Shouldn't Nishio be able to recognize Kaneki? Or at least be shocked at someone so closely resembling him, especially having both the grey and black hair he once had? Serpent's almost none reaction to him, calling him merely the king of fakes just doesn't seem to make me think he's Nishio.

Not too sure but its been 3 years and maybe he wouldn't have expected someone he knew to be alive all those years. And he did have a reaction during the fight though it was just a little one. The other reasons for everyone believing about the fact that serpent is nishio is because of his mask, mannerism and his kagune.
Nov 18, 2014 3:51 AM
Sep 2014
Kaneki?! That Sasaki is Kaneki, isnt he?
Nov 18, 2014 3:51 AM

Jul 2014
mugiwara84 said:

First off it's been 3 years.
Second reason: they were never that close, or spent that much time together.
Third reason: it's been 3 years.
Forth reason: Kaneki is considered dead by most(?) of the ghouls.
Fifth reason: it's been 3 years.
Why the fuck would he be shocked? You think that he didn't do anything except thinking about Kaneki in these past 3 years? And the hair doesn't help.

THuNDR13 said:
Kaneki?! That Sasaki is Kaneki, isnt he?

There are some people who think that Sasaki is Kaneki, but most of the people think that he is a clone of Kaneki.
Nov 18, 2014 4:33 AM

Nov 2013
meowmix101 said:
Ishida seems to be drawing a parallel from TG with TG:re which I think is a clever way for Kaneki to see both sides of the Ghoul vs. the CCG. Besides, Ishida has a penchant for yin and yang, and for one to complete a story, we must see two sides of the same coin :).

I really hope this is not the case. We already know this is a Seinen manga, and Seinen manga are never so black and white like Shounen - there is no clear indication of who the "bad" guys or the "good" guys are, just people with different motives, just like in the real world. We already had many chapters in Tokyo Ghoul covering just the CCG and some some of its members went into pretty deep development. I hope we still get to see more of Ghouls than CCG and not just as the "bad" guys or antagonists, because I'm still reading this because it's called Tokyo Ghoul: Re not Tokyo Ghoul: CCG Edition or something like that.
Nov 18, 2014 4:54 AM

Oct 2014
HandsomeMan said:
meowmix101 said:

I really hope this is not the case. We already know this is a Seinen manga, and Seinen manga are never so black and white like Shounen - there is no clear indication of who the "bad" guys or the "good" guys are, just people with different motives, just like in the real world. We already had many chapters in Tokyo Ghoul covering just the CCG and some some of its members went into pretty deep development. I hope we still get to see more of Ghouls than CCG and not just as the "bad" guys or antagonists, because I'm still reading this because it's called Tokyo Ghoul: Re not Tokyo Ghoul: CCG Edition or something like that.

I don't think it is what meowmix101 is trying to say. We know that Ishida-sensei is obssess with the ying and yang: the floor chess, Sasaki having white and black hair, Kaneki going from black to white hair.
This doesn't mean the manga is black and white, it just mean that Ishida-sensei likes to play with duality.
As Nishiki said, CCG is just as bad as Aogiri, we can even said that Aogiri is the ying and CCG the yang.
Plus the play of the subconscious and conscious
And now we have another ying/yang thing TG and TG:RE which Ishida-sensei seems to creating a parallel world. To show us the other side of the things, I think we will delve more in CCG's corruptness.

Nov 18, 2014 4:56 AM

Nov 2013
gabyta07 said:
I think we will delve more in CCG's corruptness.

That's something I'd like to see happening.
Nov 18, 2014 6:05 AM

Oct 2014
Someone said before that the shape of his kagune could be bc Sasaki is trying to surpress Kaneki, I think I agree
I went back to read it for the 4th time lol (obsessed much?)
And dialogues like it has been long time since I fought this ghoul and give me courage Arima and Akira were all said by Sasaki, specially there is such a contradiction in the last page where Sasaki is asking daddy and mommy for courage while at the same time Kaneki is cracking his fingers.
I think this is more visually disturbing, we can we clearly can see that both of them are fighting for supremacy.
Plus I keep wondering who is this Kaneki, is he only a representation of the ID, or is he really a dissociatuve personality of the patient Sasaneki, or it is only a representation of the ghoul side.
Since we see the chess floor black and white, I think we are talking about Sasaneki surpressing his memories, his past life, due that he is confortable with what he always wanted a "family" a mom and a dad, specially a dad.
It was Jung (Ishida-sensei seems to like him) who said that big changes were announced in dreams, and since we can see the snakes around Kaneki, it could mean that he is going to wake up soon, the rebirth?

Nov 18, 2014 6:12 AM

Feb 2008
Z4k said:

Not too sure but its been 3 years and maybe he wouldn't have expected someone he knew to be alive all those years. And he did have a reaction during the fight though it was just a little one. The other reasons for everyone believing about the fact that serpent is nishio is because of his mask, mannerism and his kagune.

Yeah read the mask reasons, it would be some serious proof, but I thought we've never seen him wearing a mask in the manga? And the reaction was just so small that it just makes me sincerely doubt it, you'd expect for people who were part of Anteiku, the smallest hope of Kaneki being alive would give a bit of a bigger reaction. There's also the fact that serpent is an S ranked ghoul or above, but guess if you're part of Anteiku, getting to S rank in 3 years isn't that hard to believe.

Though I do like the theories that the girl who was taking pictures is behind the reunion, well guess I should take a more open stance to the fact that it could be Nishio. Cause the mannerism and the kagune do match fairly.

Arcanix said:

Why the fuck would he be shocked? You think that he didn't do anything except thinking about Kaneki in these past 3 years? And the hair doesn't help.

Guess this proves why with only the little time I've spend on the Tokyo Ghoul boards, I've seen plenty of people calling you a troll. Cause this is amongst the poorest counterarguments that I have ever had thrown at me.
Nov 18, 2014 6:22 AM

Dec 2013
mugiwara84 said:
Z4k said:

Yeah read the mask reasons, it would be some serious proof, but I thought we've never seen him wearing a mask in the manga? And the reaction was just so small that it just makes me sincerely doubt it, you'd expect for people who were part of Anteiku, the smallest hope of Kaneki being alive would give a bit of a bigger reaction. There's also the fact that serpent is an S ranked ghoul or above, but guess if you're part of Anteiku, getting to S rank in 3 years isn't that hard to believe.

Though I do like the theories that the girl who was taking pictures is behind the reunion, well guess I should take a more open stance to the fact that it could be Nishio. Cause the mannerism and the kagune do match fairly.

Arcanix said:

Guess this proves why with only the little time I've spend on the Tokyo Ghoul boards, I've seen plenty of people calling you a troll. Cause this is amongst the poorest counterarguments that I have ever had thrown at me.
arcanix is rude, to the point of trollposting when he finds a post ridiculous, he's a smart member of this community, his arguments are indeed valid, he's been trolling alot lately cuz ppl are madly talking qbout clones of both amon and kqneki. This is not starwars. What we have is ppl with similar body constitution, maybe genetics, for compqtibility purposes as it seems.
Nov 18, 2014 6:35 AM

Nov 2013
If Serpent is indeed Nishiki, I hope that he doesn't come to a realization that Sasaki is Kaneki. Because I'm sure Serpent will not die in the next coming chapters and will escape back to Aogiri. If he realised that Sasaki is Kaneki then he is going to tell everyone about it, and in my opinion it would make for better drama if each character from the prequel would find out about this on their own when they're face-to-face with Sasaki, because they're reactions (he was supposed to be dead, working for enemy, etc) would be much better; this goes especially for potential love interest characters like Touka and Hinami.
Nov 18, 2014 6:40 AM

Dec 2013
Oh shit! I totally forgot about hypnosis. Maybe the personality sasaki was created to keep the rebel ghoul nature in chains, or even a request from ken chan to forget his dead friendw (as he thinks) or to live easier away from his beloveds to spare them from clashes with ccg/aogiri.calling akira asap perhaps cuz he's just afraid of being identified as kaneki if the battle last too long, ruining the sasaki id in ccg, also luring his ghoul friends into danger, or to help him as sane as possible.
gabyta07 said:
Someone said before that the shape of his kagune could be bc Sasaki is trying to surpress Kaneki, I think I agree
I went back to read it for the 4th time lol (obsessed much?)
And dialogues like it has been long time since I fought this ghoul and give me courage Arima and Akira were all said by Sasaki, specially there is such a contradiction in the last page where Sasaki is asking daddy and mommy for courage while at the same time Kaneki is cracking his fingers.
I think this is more visually disturbing, we can we clearly can see that both of them are fighting for supremacy.
Plus I keep wondering who is this Kaneki, is he only a representation of the ID, or is he really a dissociatuve personality of the patient Sasaneki, or it is only a representation of the ghoul side.
Since we see the chess floor black and white, I think we are talking about Sasaneki surpressing his memories, his past life, due that he is confortable with what he always wanted a "family" a mom and a dad, specially a dad.
It was Jung (Ishida-sensei seems to like him) who said that big changes were announced in dreams, and since we can see the snakes around Kaneki, it could mean that he is going to wake up soon, the rebirth?

Courage to face his supressed ego. Kaneki prolly chose to supress his ego (own true desires) in detriment to obey his superego (reason, wisdom, rules, common sense, focused on beha ing logically, then, preserving lives, which he treasured most before the forceful change) perfectly. To supress his ego, an alterego, Haise Sasaki, was formed, but since his kagune power comes from his deep emotions, his will to live, instincs (ferocity, hunger, survival instincts) and every impulse that is not suitable for a model human inspector (specially if you're under surveillance) iare only fully manifested by the true kaneki, who resides within him (and probably haunts him every fucking night, as we've seen once. Like a drug, which he Chose not to use. Pleasurable carries side effects: sorrowness and suffering/ worry for his beloveds). Choosing to give in the drug will provide him what he needs, but feeling again that very sensation of fulfilment/ power, maybe even remembering and having to forgeting his past all over again is a painful tough process, where he aks for help from those who know his tragedy/true id. (Akira, Arima)
LameReaderNov 18, 2014 9:49 AM
Nov 18, 2014 6:41 AM

Oct 2014
HandsomeMan said:
If Serpent is indeed Nishiki, I hope that he doesn't come to a realization that Sasaki is Kaneki. Because I'm sure Serpent will not die in the next coming chapters and will escape back to Aogiri. If he realised that Sasaki is Kaneki then he is going to tell everyone about it, and in my opinion it would make for better drama if each character from the prequel would find out about this on their own when they're face-to-face with Sasaki, because they're reactions (he was supposed to be dead, working for enemy, etc) would be much better; this goes especially for potential love interest characters like Touka and Hinami.

Hinami???? She is his little sister, he can't have a romance with her

It must be Touka, or no one else. :p

And I wouldnt like for that to happen, the FRIENDS finding, it would take time away from the real plot. The CCG and Aogiri.
As far as I know there is a possibility for Nishiki to know, and Tsukiyama.
Plus when Tsukiyama takes one smell, don't you think he is going to start stalking him?, and then when Aogiri notices gourmet stalking the CCG, they would become suspicious as well as anteiku.
gabyta07Nov 18, 2014 6:46 AM

Nov 18, 2014 6:45 AM

Nov 2013
gabyta07 said:

This was the case in the prequel, but we saw her turn into a woman here so anything is possible. And a harem is not too far-fetched either because of Tooru and Akira are also potential love interests.

gabyta07 said:
And I wouldnt like for that to happen, the FRIENDS finding, it would take time away from the real plot. The CCG and Aogiri.

I always cared more about character interactions in any type of media more than the actual plot itself, so I will have to disagree with you here. But it's up to the author whether he is going to concentrate more on the CCG v Ghoul plot or Sasaki's character interactions.
HandsomeManNov 18, 2014 6:51 AM
Nov 18, 2014 6:49 AM

Oct 2014
HandsomeMan said:
gabyta07 said:

This was the case in the prequel, but we saw her turn into a woman here so anything is possible. And a harem is not too far-fetched either because of Tooru and Akira are also potential love interests.

Mmm Tooru wants to live as a man, and Akira already has Amon.
And I disagree grown woman or not, she is his little sister.

As for the other thing I said, I also think Shuu could be specially arrogant, to even go and introduce himself to Sasaki.

Nov 18, 2014 6:49 AM

Jul 2014
HandsomeMan said:

If serpent is Nishiki he will 100% realize that Sasaki is Kaneki or something wierd is going on, something along these lines.
If serpent is Nishiki he isn't going to escape back to Aogiri, because serpent is not working with Aogiri.
You get their reactions even if someone else is going to tell them.
Hinami is not going to be a love interest, not in a million years. Akira, again not in a million year.
And about Tooru, you know when someone is choosing to live like a man...
Nov 18, 2014 6:56 AM

Nov 2013
Arcanix said:
And about Tooru, you know when someone is choosing to live like a man...

Completely irrelevant. She wasn't confirmed to be a lesbian/be into women. And so far we saw them being pretty good partners and friends.

And a love interest simply means having romantic feelings towards someone, which I think is still possible for Hinami towards Sasaki, and for Sasaki towards Akira (it doesn't have to be a two-way thing).

And I get that Touka was the main girl before but until we see an actual chapter with her inside it, we can never say because who knows what she's doing now and what kind of person she turned into.
Nov 18, 2014 7:20 AM

Oct 2014
PinkSheep said:
I'll think it's funny if serpent isn't Nishiki because people keep saying it is

if it is like that, then someone stole nishiki's mask, or uta made two of the same lol...or maybe serpent is nishiki the evil twin brother...or maybe, maybe his sister is alive, and stole his mask.

Nov 18, 2014 11:30 AM

Oct 2014
I'd like to discuss this "kaneki" with you guys and what i believe this manifestation represents.

let me state first:

i believe haise is kaneki period. not a clone, not a stranger with his organs..
i've gone over countless reasons why many instances often agreeing with those of you that have speculations supported by observations. lets talk about something new for those of you who are already on the "New Character is the Old Character" page.

I propose that we consider haise as the true kaneki. not the manifestation of what he sees in his mind. Kaneki has always had this voice or id in his mind. he dealt with many situations of repressing it. It definitely started its manifestation with his hunger and began to appear in the early chapters of tg. almost in a schizophrenic manner vocalized by him suggesting to eat flesh. many times Kaneki would suppress the voice by his own mental strength, attention required for preservation of life (combat), or by touka's interjection in the situation. he is more yang at this point

As time went on he became more ghoul like by accepting that there were needs to eat, all be it ghoul and not human flesh, he began to satisfy the psychological urge to eat that is instinctual for ghouls. In the first series we see both a good and a more sinister kaneki by means of actions.he is more yin at this point. Only when he is approached by death does he begin to have a harmonious relationship with himself confronting the reality of who and what he really is.

here is where the problem is.

kaneki as a character is imbalanced now. By his total ignorance to the very fact that he is indeed half human half ghoul he has no tightrope to walk, there is no compass for him to make real internal decisions based on experiences and relationships he holds true because he himself is forcing himself to reject the reality of the situation (sidenote: kaneki has always repressed the reality and severity of situations, hence why he is often put in more life threatening situations as he is, he is a passive person and overly naive). By being enabled to create Haise by the CCG, a new persona with, as far as we know it, a completely different origin, Kaneki does not have to endure the fact that he MUST play a definitive role in the life he is faced with continuing. THIS (finally to my point) has caused the rift.

There is now a kaneki void of ghoulish nature, he doesnt satisfy his hunger as ghouls do because the ccg most likely supplements him with nourishment, which most likely is also breaking him down as his rejection of it in the first place caused the manifestation of the Id to appear and through this he now has an opposite, a depiction of what not to be, a full embodiment taking the form of his former appearance, White haired kaneki

i don't think what we see in Haise's mind is kaneki but his urge's all balled up and manifested as being because of his three year repressions them.

think of black haired Kaneki as a yang and white haired Kaneki as a yin that are seperate. in his death there is harmony, they join.

think of Haise as a yang but as a full circle with a black dot within it, but the potency of the black is way more concentrated because of the ratio of white surrounding it..

Its obvious the CCG would do things to control Kaneki's sanity (suppressents, food substitutes or administering him RC Cells) but i don't think he's really "Brainwashed" I think Kaneki is actively repressing his memories almost as one with mental conditions would take administered medicine to suppress schizophrenia and sets up mental blockades to avoid once again confronting the situation til the severity is unavoidable and more intense.

i'm curious to see how ishida brings him back.
i think him seeing how far humans are willing to go just as he has with ghouls will give him true perspective on what his role in the world truly is. resulting in him being a balanced yin and yang of himself.

THEORIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSZZZZZZZZZZZZ
anikanekiNov 18, 2014 11:44 AM
Nov 18, 2014 11:59 AM

Oct 2014
anikaneki said:
I'd like to discuss this "kaneki" with you guys and what i believe this manifestation represents.

let me state first:

i've gone over countless reasons why many instances often agreeing with those of you that have speculations supported by observations. lets talk about something new for those of you who are already on the "New Character is the Old Character" page.

I propose that we consider haise as the true kaneki. not the manifestation of what he sees in his mind. Kaneki has always had this voice or id in his mind. he dealt with many situations of repressing it. It definitely started its manifestation with his hunger and began to appear in the early chapters of tg. almost in a schizophrenic manner vocalized by him suggesting to eat flesh. many times Kaneki would suppress the voice by his own mental strength, attention required for preservation of life (combat), or by touka's interjection in the situation. he is more yang at this point

As time went on he became more ghoul like by accepting that there were needs to eat, all be it ghoul and not human flesh, he began to satisfy the psychological urge to eat that is instinctual for ghouls. In the first series we see both a good and a more sinister kaneki by means of actions.he is more yin at this point. Only when he is approached by death does he begin to have a harmonious relationship with himself confronting the reality of who and what he really is.

kaneki as a character is imbalanced now. By his total ignorance to the very fact that he is indeed half human half ghoul he has no tightrope to walk, there is no compass for him to make real internal decisions based on experiences and relationships he holds true because he himself is forcing himself to reject the reality of the situation (sidenote: kaneki has always repressed the reality and severity of situations, hence why he is often put in more life threatening situations as he is, he is a passive person and overly naive). By being enabled to create Haise by the CCG, a new persona with, as far as we know it, a completely different origin, Kaneki does not have to endure the fact that he MUST play a definitive role in the life he is faced with continuing. THIS (finally to my point) has caused the rift.

There is now a kaneki void of ghoulish nature, he doesnt satisfy his hunger as ghouls do because the ccg most likely supplements him with nourishment, which most likely is also breaking him down as his rejection of it in the first place caused the manifestation of the Id to appear and through this he now has an opposite, a depiction of what not to be, a full embodiment taking the form of his former appearance, White haired kaneki

i don't think what we see in Haise's mind is kaneki but his urge's all balled up and manifested as being because of his three year repressions them.

think of black haired Kaneki as a yang and white haired Kaneki as a yin that are seperate. in his death there is harmony, they join.

think of Haise as a yang but as a full circle with a black dot within it, but the potency of the black is way more concentrated because of the ratio of white surrounding it..

Its obvious the CCG would do things to control Kaneki's sanity (suppressents, food substitutes or administering him RC Cells) but i don't think he's really "Brainwashed" I think Kaneki is actively repressing his memories almost as one with mental conditions would take administered medicine to suppress schizophrenia and sets up mental blockades to avoid once again confronting the situation til the severity is unavoidable and more intense.

i think him seeing how far humans are willing to go just as he has with ghouls will give him true perspective on what his role in the world truly is. resulting in him being a balanced yin and yang of himself.

I don't have anything to add bc you already said it all

Nov 18, 2014 1:09 PM
Oct 2012

a habit that Nishiki and Serpent divide, notice that there is in both images the same onomatopoeia.
Nov 18, 2014 1:26 PM
Oct 2012
anikaneki said:

let me state first:

I even thought about adding some things and disagree on others, but damn, we're talking about Kaneki, an extremely complex character, it greatly complicates.
Nov 18, 2014 2:18 PM

Nov 2014
Pretty obvious the intention of the chapter here is to show that the RE in tokyo ghoul RE practically stands for redo, we have nishiki showin up at the same time in the first manga we have sasaki portrayed as a possible kaneki on the dove side and the hopes that amon will come back as a ghoul to understand that it isnt the ghouls that make the world rotten its everyone in it.

Ofcourse the way its etup the writer really wants people to think that Sasaki is a human who most likely received kanekis kakuhou and has a kaneki in his subconscious representing his ghoul half he fights with every day. basically the writer wants everyone to believe that this situation is the same as kanekis before, a human with ghouls organ who sees the ghoul who they received organs from in their mind. for now its fine to think that but the way this guy writes there'll definitely be more.

Tbh when i first saw nishiki i thought he was kaneki with his referrence to "plucking" them i thought that if kaneki was still alive in this manga that he wouldn't look the same and his kagune would look different so i took the possibility of the snake being kaneki hiding his indentity by forcefully pushing his kagune tails together into a single one while he fights. but moments later they show kaneki in sasakis mind and then they bring out sasakis kagune which ofcourse is a rinkaku like kaneki but looks different.

so basically sasaki fits my predictions of what kaneki would be like in this story its not garaunteed but most people see the same thing i do this manga is going to be btter than ghoul, the way ghoul displayed the main character as a monster on the monster side but the same time the good hearted human only to break him down and change him and kill him is opening up the possibilities for a trilogy of an amazing story following tokyo ghoul jack, tokyo ghoul, and tokyo ghoul re
Nov 18, 2014 2:44 PM

Oct 2014
Acernos said:

I even thought about adding some things and disagree on others, but damn, we're talking about Kaneki, an extremely complex character, it greatly complicates.

i'm interested on what you have to add and disagree on. there may be things that i've overlooked or may not be educated on. i just wanna talk about theories that expand past people stating nonsensical reasons the serpent isn't nishiki and that haise isn't the original kaneki.

if we're on here discussing it should be to detect the next step or observations that some may miss. We're all obsessed here so lets at least make some progress so we aren't sidelined with someone elses revelation of what was really happening in one part of the story weeks after an issue is out.
Nov 18, 2014 2:48 PM

Oct 2014
Acernos said:

a habit that Nishiki and Serpent divide, notice that there is in both images the same onomatopoeia.

also his eye and skin are a bit reptillian. Ishida Sui is the jigsaw of manga.
anikanekiNov 18, 2014 4:15 PM
Nov 18, 2014 3:59 PM

Feb 2012
Awesome chapter, GG.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.