Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 30, 2014 3:23 PM

Oct 2011
Rayzer said:
Don't you watched the first Season? (I can't see on your list.) If so You don't have the right to complain because you don't know what was the story of this Anime.

I watched the first season and it was much better than this. What the hell do you mean I don't know what the story of this anime is?

Its basic.
Oct 30, 2014 3:25 PM

Oct 2008
lol @ people complaining that this season isn't at the level of the first one, yeah, it's not easy to make something THAT good again

also, 90% of the criticism I've read in this thread is based on assuming a society with the same values as the actual society, nope, that's just plain wrong.
Oct 30, 2014 3:26 PM
Dec 2013
Isn't chief Kasei the antagonist in this series?
Divison 3 = American police
Fuck the Shibyl system. This episode just proved how easily people can deceive and control technology/computers.
Oct 30, 2014 3:27 PM

Jul 2013
Darkdrone said:
This episode was total bullshit. Plain and simple.

How the hell do that many people get overpowered by an old man and a dog? Wtf. You are telling me they couldn't have worked together to take him out

No or else they're hue would've gotten clouded

Really does question the usefulness of the Inspectors when their own weapon doesn't work and they are rendered useless.
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1298373&show=140#6CX7Vi0cbom1h4rS.99

It took you 26 episodes to question this? You're almost as sheepish as the citizens in this show.

The writers should have made this more believable by making these inspectors have weapons other than the denominator.
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1298373&show=140#6CX7Vi0cbom1h4rS.99

That would be against the law dingus. The dominators are Siybl's will. Anything else is AGAINST their will. Why the hell would Sibyl want to give people other than it power when it is very clearly intent on maintaining said power for itself.

Like holy crap, some of you people manage to complain about how a show is too hamfisted and blunt and yet complain about things that have been SPELLED OUT FOR YOU FOR THE LAST 26 EPISODES!
Seriously.
Oct 30, 2014 3:28 PM
Nov 2008
Was an alright episode, I felt the bloodfest was a bit pointless though?

Also it was nice to see there was 2 people at the scene with a brain, Aoyonagi after 3 failed attempts at using her brain and that medical facility staff who was willing to point the nail gun at the old guy before being stopped by tard Aoyonagi.
Oct 30, 2014 3:29 PM
Jun 2014
WHERE YOU AT KOUGAMI??
Oct 30, 2014 3:30 PM

Apr 2014
Darkdrone said:
Rayzer said:
Don't you watched the first Season? (I can't see on your list.) If so You don't have the right to complain because you don't know what was the story of this Anime.

I watched the first season and it was much better than this. What the hell do you mean I don't know what the story of this anime is?
Its basic.

Ah okay I'm actually asking. And blame it to the New Writer because he's the who doesn't know the story.

Because when a "Dominator" was been aimed at an Inspector it will say something like stating his/her identity as an Inspector.
But that idiot writer can possibly make an excuse on how did it happened. And it most likely the New "Assault Dominator" has other rule with it like shoot anyone with high criminal coefficient even if he's/she's not been Identified. Or the "Sibyl System" was reformatted which he already break the rules from Season 1.
RayzerOct 30, 2014 3:51 PM
Haters always gonna hate.
Oct 30, 2014 3:30 PM
Sep 2012
DPXJube said:
Darkdrone said:

How the hell do that many people get overpowered by an old man and a dog? Wtf. You are telling me they couldn't have worked together to take him out

(Trimmed for length)

Thank you so much. If I could like your post I would like it until the end of time. People don't think about what they're saying.
Oct 30, 2014 3:34 PM

Oct 2011
bilvsha said:
Isn't chief Kasei the antagonist in this series?
Divison 3 = American police
Fuck the Shibyl system. This episode just proved how easily people can deceive and control technology/computers.

She is but I doubt Akane will do anything to challenge her. Seems to me this show will mostly be focusing on Kamui and nothing else.

Disappointing to say the least.
Oct 30, 2014 3:34 PM
Jan 2012
darkreaver94 said:
hantere said:

Its like shoot first asks questions later xp

Kind of defeat the purpose of a dominator if that is the case.

I'm not sure wat u mean, the whole point of a dominator is "shoot first ask questions later". this just allows them to do it through walls.
Oct 30, 2014 3:39 PM

Jan 2013
DPXJube said:
Darkdrone said:

No or else they're hue would've gotten clouded

Really does question the usefulness of the Inspectors when their own weapon doesn't work and they are rendered useless.

It took you 26 episodes to question this? You're almost as sheepish as the citizens in this show.

The writers should have made this more believable by making these inspectors have weapons other than the denominator.

That would be against the law dingus. The dominators are Siybl's will. Anything else is AGAINST their will. Why the hell would Sibyl want to give people other than it power when it is very clearly intent on maintaining said power for itself.

Like holy crap, some of you people manage to complain about how a show is too hamfisted and blunt and yet complain about things that have been SPELLED OUT FOR YOU FOR THE LAST 26 EPISODES!
Seriously.
A lot of his points were reiterations. You're randomly assuming he didn't know or question many ideas beforehand, which is a bit unfair to him.

No, I don't agree with some of his points, such as giving them weapons, since the dominators, supposedly shouldn't fail, and inspectors otherwise would have too much power.

BUT, many points he makes does make sense. For example, you need to question the design of the weapon that shoots through walls. As previously mentioned in this thread, it completely goes against dominator's design, as it doesn't show the actual target's name or identification of any sort, only the crime coefficient. For dominators, this is ok, since it has to actually identify the person, but the new weapon ignores that rule. It's "shoot first, ask questions later."

AllTJAck said:
darkreaver94 said:

Kind of defeat the purpose of a dominator if that is the case.

I'm not sure wat u mean, the whole point of a dominator is "shoot first ask questions later". this just allows them to do it through walls.

Not exactly, since it needs direct view of the target. I mean, if you're thinking in the mindset of say Squad 3, then somewhat yes, but focusing more on Akane and the more "rational" squads, it's quite the opposite, and that's the change she's trying to bring about. This is crucially important here because the target this time around was Aoyanagi.

Edit: reworded some things to sound less conflicting.
210125Oct 30, 2014 3:50 PM
Oct 30, 2014 3:40 PM

Dec 2013
Psychology, human brains, what defines sanity?

I think. Unless each of the inspectors who so faithfully believe in the power of the dominators or "the Sibyl System" needs to be taught a lesson in order for them to learn. The more stubborn they are the more they deserve what ever is coming. I think that the ability to adapt and understand is so important in this universe. Like Aoyanagi... she should have realised from the get go, the very beginning before she got hit that something was wrong with her dominator that it won't work on him, so why did she try again? Is she dumb? I think she should've just shot the man with the needle gun and that would've just saved everyone. I really think there is something really wrong here. This show doesn't really explain much about how Psycho Pass works. How a person's hue can get clouded but wtf how does it uncloud? or if ever?

But I think people's reactions to what is going on is more inhumane than what the old man did to those poor captives. As well as what they did to the freed captives. They shot them as they were begging for help and mercy. How sad is this. But it was so refreshing to see them get taught a lesson. Most people will say how much they Hate Kamui for being so inhumane but... I actually empathise with him, I feel and I think I can understand him. Don't judge me as crazy but one can relate to why Kamui is doing these things. He has a right to question society. And he is. I am also on team Kamui but I probably won't go to extremes like this.

"Ignorance is bliss." They said. Well in many cases, ignorance is bliss. But looking at people from Division 3 and Mika, I'd say, Ignorance is what makes you complete retards and simpletons. You have no idea of what or why is going on and when people are trying to explain the solution you refuse to believe. That is what I call mentally challenged and lacking common sense. I really hope they get shot sometime soon. Especially that freckled faced new inspector. Such noobs deserve to be hanged. Goodness..

5/5. This episode. So deep. And soo soo bloody.
kingsheep812Oct 30, 2014 3:44 PM
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Oct 30, 2014 3:43 PM

Apr 2014
AllTJAck said:

No It doesn't pass through the walls, It's clearly the gate/door was been opened and they shoot the target.

Jul 2014
I don't know why people love to bitch.If you don't like it then don't watch it.People watch the episode,bitch about stuff and then declare that "this is crap but let me see if I can change my mind after seeing the next episode." Wow just wow! Which one is it?Make up your minds already.There should be another forum where all the people can bitch all they like.They bitch about it cuz they don't know shit about it.Yes there are some faults in the episode e.g. Assault dominator and old man crushing the guy's skull (how?) but these are minor details.The rest of you who are like,"why people are stupid'."the fuck was Aoyanagi doing?" etc. etc. Try using your brain for a change.You'll get all the answers if you think about it.Try thinking this anime from the character's point of view.You people are comparing this with the real world.Hopeless!!
Sep 2012
Chabe said:
RioFoxx said:
There's a couple things that you aren't getting. First of all, this is a series made in Japan. They think significantly different than we do.

Hahaaaa. Funny man. It's nice that you open your "rebuttals" in such a way that we can recognise your weabooitus.

If you have something to say, say it. You can say weabooitis and all of that, but remember two things. One, you're on an anime site. If you're that kind of person, go back to watching crime dramas.

Number two, cultural differences aren't just a thing from Japan. I would say the same with Korea, China, England, Ireland, Canada, and many more, all of which you probably hold no knowledge about.

My opinion about the country does not make my statements any more or less valid because the things that I say stand alone. Just like your comments aren't any more or less backhanded because you sound like a typical westerner. They're just as ignorant.

hassan0297 said:
I don't know why people love to bitch.If you don't like it then don't watch it.

Bam. What this guy said. You deserve a cookie, sir/ma'am.
Oct 30, 2014 3:44 PM

Jan 2013
Rayzer said:
AllTJAck said:

No It doesn't pass through the walls, It's clearly the gate/door was been opened and they shoot the target.
They specifically stated that the new weapon shoots through walls. The shutters weren't completely up at that time, remember?
210125Oct 30, 2014 3:48 PM
Oct 30, 2014 3:46 PM

Sep 2008
da pretty lady died <3
Oct 30, 2014 3:48 PM

Oct 2011
hassan0297 said:
I don't know why people love to bitch.If you don't like it then don't watch it.People watch the episode,bitch about stuff and then declare that "this is crap but let me see if I can change my mind after seeing the next episode." Wow just wow! Which one is it?Make up your minds already.There should be another forum where all the people can bitch all they like.They bitch about it cuz they don't know shit about it.Yes there are some faults in the episode e.g. Assault dominator and old man crushing the guy's skull (how?) but these are minor details.The rest of you who are like,"why people are stupid'."the fuck was Aoyanagi doing?" etc. etc. Try using your brain for a change.You'll get all the answers if you think about it.Try thinking this anime from the character's point of view.You people are comparing this with the real world.Hopeless!!

Its a thread discussing a particular episode of an anime and so people will discuss it. You call it bitching but I call it dissecting the show. This episode had many flaws and I felt the needless violence was off putting. It didn't feel right and felt like shock violence more than anything.

"If I you don't like it, then don't watch it." The show is enjoyable to some degree but nowhere near as good as the first season. So I will continue to watch it. I will also place my opinion on the episode threads no matter how many people don't like it. Don't like my opinion, tough luck.
Oct 30, 2014 3:48 PM

Jul 2013
Everonica said:

For dominators, this is ok, since it has to actually identify the person, but the new weapon ignores that rule. It's "shoot first, ask questions later."

Well yeah, that's exactly what Sibyl wants, except change ask questions later to ask questions never.
Oct 30, 2014 3:49 PM

Jan 2013
RioFoxx said:

hassan0297 said:
I don't know why people love to bitch.If you don't like it then don't watch it.

Bam. What this guy said. You deserve a cookie, sir/ma'am.
It's a discussion forums. People come to share their opinions and discuss.

No, I do not think he should be calling people out and insulting them for no reason, but I also don't agree that people shouldn't post just because they dislike the way something was done.

DPXJube said:
Everonica said:

For dominators, this is ok, since it has to actually identify the person, but the new weapon ignores that rule. It's "shoot first, ask questions later."

Well yeah, that's exactly what Sibyl wants, except change ask questions later to ask questions never.

But then the idea of cultivating and improving a program in which to help patients lower their hue would seem a bit ridiculous, no?

Of course, we still don't know the complete details of this new weapon, besides what we're given in this episode, but design of it got me questioning a few things as well.
210125Oct 30, 2014 3:53 PM
Oct 30, 2014 3:55 PM

Jun 2014
Such a frustrating episode, I wanted to grab Mika and shake her. There's some inconsistencies but the lack of "flight or fight" response is somewhat believable - if they have been born, raised up and taught to believe and depend on Sibyl then it's highly unlikely they're going to do anything to go against it.
Got my blood pumping though. Kamui and Makishima are like two sides of the same coin, it's interesting to compare the two.
I really liked the episode actually, the timing is good for the episode count.
Oct 30, 2014 3:58 PM

Jun 2011
lol @ these people standing helpless and watching that old guy smash everyone with a stick. Are these gutless "sheep" the type of people that Sibyl wants to have? Is this the ideal society?
Or did the authors force this situation just so the anime would go to the direction they want... lol XD

kingsheep812 said:

I think. Unless each of the inspectors who so faithfully believe in the power of the dominators or "the Sibyl System" needs to be taught a lesson in order for them to learn. The more stubborn they are the more they deserve what ever is coming. I think that the ability to adapt and understand is so important in this universe. Like Aoyanagi... she should have realised from the get go, the very beginning before she got hit that something was wrong with her dominator that it won't work on him, so why did she try again? Is she dumb? I think she should've just shot the man with the needle gun and that would've just saved everyone. I really think there is something really wrong here. This show doesn't really explain much about how Psycho Pass works. How a person's hue can get clouded but wtf how does it uncloud? or if ever?

But I think people's reactions to what is going on is more inhumane than what the old man did to those poor captives. As well as what they did to the freed captives. They shot them as they were begging for help and mercy. How sad is this. But it was so refreshing to see them get taught a lesson. Most people will say how much they Hate Kamui for being so inhumane but... I actually empathise with him, I feel and I think I can understand him. Don't judge me as crazy but one can relate to why Kamui is doing these things. He has a right to question society. And he is. I am also on team Kamui but I probably won't go to extremes like this.

"Ignorance is bliss." They said. Well in many cases, ignorance is bliss. But looking at people from Division 3 and Mika, I'd say, Ignorance is what makes you complete retards and simpletons. You have no idea of what or why is going on and when people are trying to explain the solution you refuse to believe. That is what I call mentally challenged and lacking common sense. I really hope they get shot sometime soon. Especially that freckled faced new inspector. Such noobs deserve to be hanged. Goodness..

What he said! :P
Oct 30, 2014 3:59 PM

Sep 2013
great episode, that new girl is really REALLY getting on my nerves

was I the only one who noticed the scar on kamui's face? (like he had a face swap surgery or something??)

Oct 30, 2014 4:00 PM

Jan 2013
Rayzer said:
Everonica said:
They specifically stated that the new weapon shoots through walls. The shutters weren't completely up at that time, remember?

Yeah I know that but the shutters was already halfway so It didn't pass through the shutters.

They did. Otherwise, Mika wouldn't have said this:

Probably just bad timing in animation, but that's supposed to be the idea. I was confused as first too.
Oct 30, 2014 4:00 PM

Jun 2008
Geez, Mika pisses me off so, so much!!!
RIP inspector and all those victims.
This was a gruesome episode.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Oct 30, 2014 4:01 PM

Jan 2013
Orulyon said:
Geez, Mika pisses me off so, so much!!!
RIP inspector and all those victims.
This was a gruesome episode.
Indeed :(
When Akane yelled "WHAT ARE YOU....DOING?!?!" I kinda died a little (the sad way).
Oct 30, 2014 4:05 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
What the actual fuck did I just watch

Not only did bitch-chan annoy the fuck out of me yet again (Clearly this a serious situation and you're just going to stand there and fucking do nothing -_- )

This episode was the most intense yet lol....I'm still just lost for words...Like....I can't comprehend what I just saw lol R.I.P. Inspector :(
Oct 30, 2014 4:09 PM

Apr 2014
Everonica said:

They did. Otherwise, Mika wouldn't have said this:

Probably just bad timing in animation, but that's supposed to be the idea. I was confused as first too.

Ah Okay just re-watched the scene (damn it, seen Aoyanagi killed again) it can pass through the shutter (or anything).
I didn't focused on that since I'm still devastated on what happened to Inspector Aoyanagi and the hostages.

And yeah I was focus on that opened shutter too but it didn't show where the "Assault Dominator" hit whether it's on the middle (most likely) or at the floor (opened area)

EDIT: Looks like nobody seen my post earlier so I'll put it again
RayzerOct 30, 2014 4:19 PM
Oct 30, 2014 4:15 PM

Sep 2012
New inspector still an annoying little bitch.
RIP Aoyanagi. You had a death flag written all over you when you visited Gino a few episodes ago. You had a great taste in underwear, you will be missed.
I hope the Division 3 guys get a taste of their own medicine. That was such a unneeded bloodbath. I was hoping Akane would get there first but nope.
This anime is getting so intense. Lets hope they don't over do it.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Oct 30, 2014 4:22 PM
Sep 2014
This episode is not bad, nor the whole series is bad, but I can understand the disappointment of "old fan" of the series because I think the series as a whole is 'different' than the first one.
I love tragedy, the kind of people called schadenfraude, I had a dark sense of humor and I love Gen works because it's always funny in my book. the first season is one of the funniest anime ever made for me, but this season doesn't even makes me smile a bit, it's just too cliche, the prejudice, and misunderstanding no longer present on the series. the character is boring, the death scene is just plain shounenesque style of murder, just plain old murder without irony, nor artistic.
as I said this series is different, the first season emphasis on character relation that filled with obsession a nice detective story with plot that focused on understanding the prey. Each character are dynamic, they are shown to be human with limited capability to understand the situation, on this part I have to say the second series managed to cover it but still on skin-deep level. the second series focus more on the plot, a plain old detective vs super-villain kind of thing making this series more like an imitation on dark knight movie, only more gory.
the first series the death scene was more unreasonable, and ironic. A girl pummeled in the middle of town? that's more like it! the second series using murder only as a plot advancing device. Same level as Kamina, or Jiraiya or Kite death, in short very shallow unrefined kind of death that's not suited for the best tragedy, just a death that is shown to rouse emotion rather than to make us think.

Everonica said:

DPXJube said:

But then the idea of cultivating and improving a program in which to help patients lower their hue would seem a bit ridiculous, no?

Of course, we still don't know the complete details of this new weapon, besides what we're given in this episode, but design of it got me questioning a few things as well.

why you people doesn't consider that Sibyl does not care if you are inspector or not? the whole idea was to bring equal judgement by latent criminal index regardless their position and circumstances. stop being naive people! this is the true form of fair treatment you all seek!
Oct 30, 2014 4:23 PM

Jan 2014
this episode was so frustrating to watch. mika was so absolutely useless because she just follows orders like a dog!! (or a sheep, as makishima would say) but she looked pretty traumatized when they started shooting the victims (reminds me of the first episode of season 1) so maybe, just maybe, mika will get it through her thick head that sybil system is not the most important thing in the world!!

and wow aoyanagi died? that was brutal. "did you get him?" "i dont know, i just shot at the one with the higher crime coefficient" <-- dammit this made me so angry. there is so much wrong with that sentence.

and did kamui kill the guy? does he have a dominator now? can he use the dominator??

and how is the chief involved in all this? she sent division 3 to take over (who were basically robots who just did what sybil told them to -- sick), which is a bit odd since division 2 was already on the case. and she is definitely linked to tougane somehow.

whaaats going oonn

EDIT: i forgot to talk about how aoyanagi kept relying on her dominator... she has been brainwashed by the system. she couldve made it out alive if she used the gun and thought for herself. shame :C
laputiaOct 30, 2014 4:28 PM
Oct 30, 2014 4:24 PM

Oct 2014
That was brutal. Division 3 really doesn't show mercy for people who are obviously terrified from their experience with that old man.

I have started wondering why was it that people can use dominators to slaughter people without their own hue being clouded. Was it because they are just following decision of Sibylla System? Still, person holding dominator is the one who makes the final judgement, so I wonder why pulling of trigger doesn't affect at them at all. Was it explained somewhere during first season?

What were exactly requirements for hue getting clouded?
Oct 30, 2014 4:31 PM

Jun 2014
Pesuri said:

Whatever fits the plot.
Oct 30, 2014 4:32 PM

Jan 2014
Pesuri said:
I have started wondering why was it that people can use dominators to slaughter people without their own hue being clouded. Was it because they are just following decision of Sibylla System? Still, person holding dominator is the one who makes the final judgement, so I wonder why pulling of trigger doesn't affect at them at all. Was it explained somewhere during first season?

im pretty sure they said its because sybil is the one making the decision, and theyre just carrying it out. they dont think of it as a choice that they make -- if sybil says this person should die, then they die. thats why their hue doesnt get clouded, they believe that what theyre doing is right.

and i dont think they ever explained how the hue clouding works, which is why its such a mystery. i think its when someone does something they know is wrong, and it causes them to get super stressed out or traumatized... but i dont really know

hope i helped ^^
Oct 30, 2014 4:38 PM

Dec 2013
Wow I'm loving this season so far. This episode was so brutal and the poor inspectors are helpless.
Oct 30, 2014 4:50 PM

Jul 2014
Damn ... damn ... damn .... that was very brutal !!!!

R.I.P inspector Aoyanagi *_*

Kirito Kamui huh ... I just love him so much <3
Oct 30, 2014 4:53 PM

Sep 2012
You have got to be fucking kidding me. Aoyanagi was my favourite character of this season Psycho Pass 2.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Such a brutal episode :'(
Oct 30, 2014 5:01 PM

Jul 2013
Oh no, they killed off best girl of the new cast ;-;
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Oct 30, 2014 5:02 PM
Jan 2014
vrist said:
I'm on kamui's side, clearly the sibyl system is garbage and if he's the one to take it down that would be great. I'm still confused as to why Tsunemori works like a dog under it even after knowing the truth in season 1.

She recognizes that society at the moment cannot function without the Sibyl system. Abruptly shutting that system will cause society to collapse. Even though she doesn't agree with the system, she still disagrees with senseless slaughter-- which cause her values to clash with Kamui's. That's why she's constantly shown trying to lower perpetrator's crime coefficient instead of immediately judging them in previous episodes.
Oct 30, 2014 5:02 PM
Jan 2012
Pesuri said:
That was brutal. Division 3 really doesn't show mercy for people who are obviously terrified from their experience with that old man.

wat makes u think they aren't affected? i mean they could be affected less, espacially the enforcers who are already latent criminals and are people most exposed in this line of work, meaning they have to have some resistance.

also most inspectors are people that have to have been verified by sybil to be able to work in this field so they must have some better resistance, maybe due to dogma or apathy. also they probably get treatments.

the disconnect from the kill helps since sybil makes the execution decisions, not them.

hue is like a vague measurement of mood and stress. best to think of it as a vague psycho pass measure with a directional dimension. so any action or situation tat would increase ur crime coefficient would cloud ur hue as well
Oct 30, 2014 5:03 PM

Jun 2014
JabonHR said:
Oh no, they killed off best girl of the new cast ;-;

The only new girl.

I don't know why people like her so much, didn't she shoot the bomber guy when he was cornered by Akane?
She's been nothing but stubborn and useless all series, all the way up til her death.
Oct 30, 2014 5:05 PM

Jul 2010
Wow, that was quite the massacre.

That old man hitting and killing the people on a whim... and with his coefficient not changing.

Mika unwilling to go in as she would take the blame if anything bad happened T.T That got on my nerves for some reason.

Division 3 coming with a new dominator shooting Aoyanagi... and all the victims that lost their mind after seeing many people dying. Kamui trying how the weapon and system works. Asking what color Sibyl is... ~_~
Oct 30, 2014 5:07 PM
Oct 2012
Aoyanagi is so stupid. You'd think that after being attacked by the bomber guy who had a low crime coefficient she'd have figured out that Sybil isn't 100% accurate. It's like the shotgun scene from season 1 all over again.
Oct 30, 2014 5:08 PM
May 2014
lilypippili said:
im pretty sure they said its because sybil is the one making the decision, and theyre just carrying it out. they dont think of it as a choice that they make -- if sybil says this person should die, then they die. thats why their hue doesnt get clouded, they believe that what theyre doing is right.

and i dont think they ever explained how the hue clouding works, which is why its such a mystery. i think its when someone does something they know is wrong, and it causes them to get super stressed out or traumatized... but i dont really know

hope i helped ^^

No idea how it works, but as explained in S1, you can get the same result if you learn too much about
crimes. Whateverhisnamewas in S1 said that his lessons caused some of his students numbers to rise.
Kougami reacted quite a bit when Akane got one lesson from him.

I seem to remember Kougami saying something about "when you look into the abyss"...

And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
- "Beyond Good and Evil", Aphorism 146 (1886). Friedrich Nietzsche
konatachan80Oct 30, 2014 5:13 PM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Oct 30, 2014 5:13 PM

Jan 2011
My goodness, this episode was very gruesome. Just so messed up. I can't believe Aoyanagi died. Division 3 used that rocket launcher-type dominator but didn't even check to see if they shot the culprit. Then killing the hostages, really messed up. The chief is still in charge, no wonder... Ugh, Akane please do something~
Oct 30, 2014 5:26 PM

Dec 2013
While the rebuttals to the criticisms here make logical sense, to some degree, the inpectors' galactic stupidity is getting painful to watch. I still like this villain better than Makishima though. His methods are more mysterious and his ambitions more focused.
DouluoOct 30, 2014 5:29 PM
Oct 30, 2014 5:43 PM

Oct 2014
AllTJAck said:
Pesuri said:

wat makes u think they aren't affected? i mean they could be affected less, espacially the enforcers who are already latent criminals and are people most exposed in this line of work, meaning they have to have some resistance.

also most inspectors are people that have to have been verified by sybil to be able to work in this field so they must have some better resistance, maybe due to dogma or apathy. also they probably get treatments.

the disconnect from the kill helps since sybil makes the execution decisions, not them.

hue is like a vague measurement of mood and stress. best to think of it as a vague psycho pass measure with a directional dimension. so any action or situation tat would increase ur crime coefficient would cloud ur hue as well

Allow me to rephrase it. Why are they hardly affected at all? When some one kills or injures other with any other weapon his hue seems to skyrocket, but it doesn't seem to happen with dominator.

It is most likely as you said that it is because they don't worry about it because they believe it is right.

But inspector who were killed in this episode didn't seem to have that much immunity for hue being clouded. Maybe it was because she knew that thing she was doing wasn't exactly right since she attacked on old man without dominator and that lead for her hue to go out of control? She was doing all she could in order to stop that man, but it still led to her death, because of her hue was clouded thanks to her own actions. Maybe she really lost it when she wasn't able to use dominator to criminal.

Oh right, it's crime hurt anyone with anything else than dominator and Sibyl System's permission. Still it is really hard to understand that **** system or maybe it is just as simple as: don't stress, don't think things that might lead for crime, obey and worship Sibyl System.

And no, the last judgement is made by person that pulls the trigger, Sibyl just gives them chance to do it. This is proved by Akane who didn't kill man in first episode even if his hue was already over 300 (she most likely would have killed him if man would have been beyond saving at that time). All of those hostage in this episode would most likely have been able to lower their hue low enough with right treatment instead of shooting them on spot. At that moment judgement was done by those who used dominators even if they themselves didn't see it in that way.
Oct 30, 2014 5:46 PM

Nov 2013
This episode totally shocked me. I haven't seen such uncensored stuff in a long time in anime. Definitely the biggest shock of this season so far. Both the blood/gore and the brutalizing of innocent random people.
Oct 30, 2014 5:50 PM

Nov 2013
Lichtspiel said:
They shot Aoyanagi...
Damn. I hate the fact that people obey and do everything because it was their order without even questioning. It was very cruel to kill the hostages just because they had a high psycho pass.

This is why I loved the first season of Psycho Pass. It really made you think about how the world truly operates. Forced invisible control for the sake of comfort and security, something which is happening in our world as well. And it feels they're turning up the juice on this season, I just hope it won't be a 1-cour 12 episode season, otherwise I don't see how they will fit everything in.

Edit: read it's 11 episodes. Well I'm just hoping for the best...
HandsomeManOct 30, 2014 5:56 PM
Oct 30, 2014 5:51 PM

Jun 2014
fucking shimotsuki piece of garbage!!! i hate that bitch
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Riri- - Dec 18, 2014

640 by Actomino »»
Apr 23, 4:32 PM

» is this season really that bad? ( 1 2 )

beloving - Jan 7, 2015

62 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

263 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

335 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

353 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 12:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.