Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 19, 2014 7:57 AM
Apr 2014
The question is pretty general. How do you feel about the music in the anime, like Kaori's playing or the soundtrack? Do you feel anything while watching it? I'm not really into classical music or whatever, but I could even tell that Kaori's playing is different from others. I can't feel the emotions conveyed in it. What do you guys think/feel?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 19, 2014 8:51 AM

Sep 2011
i think its been really solid, the music playing sounded well thought out and not like any bland copy and paste rendition, the ost is really solid and can definetly see my downloading the ost later on

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 19, 2014 9:16 AM

Mar 2008
I'm not 100% on this, but I'm prety sure they were pretty clever with their direction and 'cheated': we didn't hear any of the previous contestants play the same parts as Kaori, so that helps to add that extra flash and contrast.

Great stuff though.
Oct 19, 2014 10:22 AM
Nov 2013
>I know Arima didn't play yet, but when he does, how do you think it will sound like?

I'm pretty sure it won't be like hearing Lang Lang playing in some concert, and I'm not watching this solely for the music, but I'm very optimistic about the show as a whole. It sounds good so far. The soundtrack is solid for me.
Oct 19, 2014 11:39 AM

Mar 2011
I love the reference to Castle in the Sky !!!
Oct 19, 2014 8:58 PM

Jul 2012
All of the performances in ep 2 were slightly different from each other (from a musician's ear lol) as some people were bad at tempo (speed) and some bad at tuning/pitch. Kaori's does stand out as she modified the tempo a lot and deviated from the norm of the original piece. The emotion...There wasn't a lot but she had a sense of drama and urgency. But yeah, loving the music!

TheOneOtaku said:
I know Arima didn't play yet, but when he does, how do you think it will sound like?

I'm guessing he'll have a very classical/robot style of playing. Like perfect playing, without the emotion and feeling. He seems like that kind of musician at the moment.
Oct 20, 2014 1:42 PM
Apr 2014
mayukachan said:
All of the performances in ep 2 were slightly different from each other (from a musician's ear lol) as some people were bad at tempo (speed) and some bad at tuning/pitch. Kaori's does stand out as she modified the tempo a lot and deviated from the norm of the original piece. The emotion...There wasn't a lot but she had a sense of drama and urgency. But yeah, loving the music!

TheOneOtaku said:
I know Arima didn't play yet, but when he does, how do you think it will sound like?

I'm guessing he'll have a very classical/robot style of playing. Like perfect playing, without the emotion and feeling. He seems like that kind of musician at the moment.

I see (I just didn't really know about the music because I don't really listen to that kind of music.). But if you have read the manga, you'll see how Arima changed his playing style. They say that his playing style as it is as now is flawed, but it is able to convey emotion. Thanks on your opinion. :)
Oct 21, 2014 6:19 PM

Aug 2008
It needs a little bit more hip hop for me. I dunno, the piano and violin don't really cut it for me.
Oct 22, 2014 4:33 AM
Jan 2013
Yeah I know... Cam''t believe they would use piano and violin music in an anime about two people playing those instruments.
Oct 22, 2014 8:07 PM

Jul 2012
destructo22 said:
It needs a little bit more hip hop for me. I dunno, the piano and violin don't really cut it for me.

i lol'd
Oct 23, 2014 12:38 PM
Feb 2013
Ckan said:
I'm not 100% on this, but I'm prety sure they were pretty clever with their direction and 'cheated': we didn't hear any of the previous contestants play the same parts as Kaori, so that helps to add that extra flash and contrast.

Great stuff though.

Its not a cheat per say. Knowing the songs they've played thus far in the show, they actually did a decent job differentiating the stylistic changes in the music vs the original score. She did play in a faster rhythm and with more ferociousness than is written in the original. As for the MC, when he is playing in the first episode, he is more spot on with how the song would have sounded if played perfectly by the book and that makes sense given that is how he would have played it.

I've got to say overall, I'm pretty impressed with the level of detail the animation gives for the playing of the instruments. The way she used her Bow on the violin and the specific key pressed on the piano are very very accurate. Its very different than other shows which just show people strumming a guitar with random chords some times offbeat to the actual song. (White album 2 comes to mind.) I guess because they probably have the music recorded before they animate these parts in this case, they can more easily match them together.
Oct 23, 2014 3:44 PM

Mar 2008
Indeed, not quite 'cheating', but a smart sleight of hand that gives the viewer a specific and catered frame of reference - one that amplifies the difference in performances for our MC plays what has not yet been heard.
It also doubles to keep the audiencce from getting bored of hearing the same section over and over, so it further goes to show the work the sound department has put in.
Oct 23, 2014 3:47 PM

Jan 2013
the OST isnt done by Sawano, so the music sucks. Way too generic and uninspired.
Oct 23, 2014 4:05 PM

Feb 2014
TheOneOtaku said:
How do you feel about the music in the anime, like Kaori's playing or the soundtrack? Do you feel anything while watching it? [...] Kaori's playing is different from others?

I know Arima didn't play yet, but when he does, how do you think it will sound like

The non-classical music is pretty boring, as for Kaori's performance, is far from great but you can notice the production's effort in giving her a lively playstyle to fit her character, along making her performance not perfect since she is, in the end, an amateur.
Arima did performed in the first EP, in that flashback. You can expect a sharp and technical performance, as you can expect from any prodigious.

mayukachan said:

No no no no no no no, there's no such a thing as robot style and lack of emotions from a "professional" performance. Even if you don't care about the music, you can't really ignore whats on the score paper.
Oct 23, 2014 5:37 PM
Apr 2014
surfboard_ said:
TheOneOtaku said:
How do you feel about the music in the anime, like Kaori's playing or the soundtrack? Do you feel anything while watching it? [...] Kaori's playing is different from others?

I know Arima didn't play yet, but when he does, how do you think it will sound like

The non-classical music is pretty boring, as for Kaori's performance, is far from great but you can notice the production's effort in giving her a lively playstyle to fit her character, along making her performance not perfect since she is, in the end, an amateur.
Arima did performed in the first EP, in that flashback. You can expect a sharp and technical performance, as you can expect from any prodigious.

mayukachan said:

No no no no no no no, there's no such a thing as robot style and lack of emotions from a "professional" performance. Even if you don't care about the music, you can't really ignore whats on the score paper.

I see. I wouldn`t know because I don`t have a musician`s ear.
Oct 23, 2014 6:09 PM

Jul 2012
surfboard_ said:
mayukachan said:

I'm just saying, this is what I'm predicting his issue to be. Playing exactly whats on the sheet and nothing else. I'm not saying it's wrong to play by the book (I play by the book too so...) From what I've seen in the two episodes, I suspect that he shows interest in Kaori because of her different playing style.
Oct 23, 2014 9:49 PM

Feb 2014
mayukachan said:
surfboard_ said:

I'm just saying, this is what I'm predicting his issue to be. Playing exactly whats on the sheet and nothing else. I'm not saying it's wrong to play by the book (I play by the book too so...) From what I've seen in the two episodes, I suspect that he shows interest in Kaori because of her different playing style.

In the third ep he plays a little while having a snack with Kaori, sounded pretty much what you'd expect from a prodigious. Good to see you follow whats on the book, I mean, thats good for your karma heh
Oct 24, 2014 12:16 AM
Oct 31, 2014 10:23 PM

Dec 2007
Well, classical music isn't for everybody, though everybody can choose to listen to it. I find that this show does classical music awesomely that it actually rings loud and happy enough for you to enjoy it fully. Both the performance that's embedded above my post and the one in episode four where Arima struggles keeps you hooked, with the help of the show's drama and plot of course, to keep you interested in it.

The BGM also sounds awesome to me. The one in episode 4 that's split into two parts from 4 minutes to 7:16 in both sound awesome to me. Generic? Bad? I say otherwise. Probably bias from getting too hyped up by the main performances themselves that they probably don't match up to the hype both Kaori and Arima (the actual musicians) brought it to.

I also found the various versions of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to be a nice touch. Lots of attention to detailing both at the cafe and at the concert hall. Stringing the bow while the judge loses his zombie mind heh. Excellent.

Edit:
==

Just to be sure (below post) I enjoyed Kaori's musical performances the most. Probably lost in bad wordy. Wanted to say that the BGM's are awesome, though possibly underpowered when compared to the powerful performances of Kaori's free spirit.
EuroSubstanceNov 1, 2014 2:23 PM
Nov 1, 2014 2:01 PM
Jul 2014
How can you not like Kaori's performance? She's the one who breaks rules and conventions; the true epitome of teen wish-fulfillment.
Nov 1, 2014 3:26 PM
Apr 2014
Performances have been pretty much amazing.

OP/ED/OST has been great too.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Nov 1, 2014 3:35 PM

May 2009
I actually really like the music. ^^ But I always liked classical music
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Nov 2, 2014 8:10 PM
Jun 2010
You need better speakers.
Nov 5, 2014 2:50 AM
Dec 2010
There were only two other anime series with music i think was this good :) Those two are Tsubasa chronicles and Nodame Cantabile, with this there are three :D
Nov 8, 2014 2:37 PM

Nov 2012
this show seems underrated, well i dont know, havent tried it.
but doesnt matter, as a musician i will definitely try it once it finishes airing

btw how is this show compared to nodame?
and i hope this is better than trash la corda d'oro
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Nov 8, 2014 3:06 PM

Feb 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
this show seems underrated, well i dont know, havent tried it.
but doesnt matter, as a musician i will definitely try it once it finishes airing

Moe stuff, awful direction, needless slapsticks. As for the music, the soundtrack is pretty boring, the classical music is fine, the performances are based on how middle age schoolers are supposed to play, so they are mostly interesting at best.
Nov 8, 2014 3:24 PM

Jul 2012
ninjastarforcex said:

Nodame > This if we're just comparing the first few episodes. Then again, I think Nodame Cantabile's the best shit ever so I'm biased ;)
La Corda's anime is weak but the manga I thought was decent. It's just that the anime was too try hard at adding in all the guys while the manga focused on Len.

surfboard_ said:
Moe stuff, awful direction, needless slapsticks. As for the music, the soundtrack is pretty boring, the classical music is fine, the performances are based on how middle age schoolers are supposed to play, so they are mostly interesting at best.

Needless slapsticks --> Agreed.
OST --> Disagree. The most recent episode showed a great OST. I don't know if you even paid attention or not but the chords in the bgm at the end were great. It suitable for this series.
Nov 8, 2014 4:29 PM

Mar 2012
Pretty good in my opinion. It fits the story.
Nov 10, 2014 3:48 PM
May 2013
Can middle schoolers in Japan really play the Rondo Capriccioso in competitions?! American middle school competitions don't have that level of music usually do they? I'm not a violinist, but to me that would seem to be above the level of most middle schoolers, excluding virtuoso players.
Nov 10, 2014 5:10 PM
Apr 2014
Hahalollawl said:
Can middle schoolers in Japan really play the Rondo Capriccioso in competitions?! American middle school competitions don't have that level of music usually do they? I'm not a violinist, but to me that would seem to be above the level of most middle schoolers, excluding virtuoso players.

Asians.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Nov 10, 2014 7:56 PM

Jul 2012
Reyxe said:
Asians.

This LOL ^
I have friends who could play at age 7...ugh
Nov 10, 2014 7:59 PM

Feb 2014
mayukachan said:
OST --> Disagree. The most recent episode showed a great OST. I don't know if you even paid attention or not but the chords in the bgm at the end were great. It suitable for this series.

It might be just me who is wrong then. I'm not a fan of "BGM" in anime, specially when used in excess. I think that long scenes with as little as possible soundtrack/sound effects are a lot better than extended presence of it.
I will pay more attention to it in the upcoming episodes.
Nov 11, 2014 11:34 PM
Nov 18, 2014 10:09 AM

Sep 2012
this anime is making me want to buy a piano and learn to use it. hope that answers your question. :P
Nov 21, 2014 12:20 PM
Oct 2009
i haven't paid that much attention to BGM, there were some anxiety scores that I noticed and that sent a chill down my spine, but that was the intention, so it's not about like/dislike here, I suppose. I personally love classical music, so I've been enjoying all the songs played at the competitions as well.

Absolutely loved the song used in the end of episode 7 (19:28), piano with orchestra, if anyone knows the name, please let me know. :)
Nov 26, 2014 2:33 PM

Jun 2013
So, anyone with real experiences of piano or violin here?
As I have played the piano for 5 years now. (no real performances though)
Now I have waited a few months to finally see this anime.

When I started this show I was really really shocked with the second scene...
Over the past years I have searched for the most difficult created piano songs ever made. (this does not include Circus Galop)(Only for one person at one piano)
And he actually played like number six on the list! He was like 10/11 at that moment...
So I was really shocked, not many people can reach that level.

It would have been a bit more fun to watch if he was at a lower level more towards Sakamichi no pianist but the story does not suit that

And about the performances, they are at above average level, still pretty high
I think there isn't a lot of room to improve (I have only seen up to ep 4) but the same case was with Sakamichi so still very good.

I know one thing, when I finished ep 4: That guy Arima should really throw the sheets away and just play with his feelings. With his skills, it would be amazing!
“The One With The Stronger Heart, Always Wins The Battle!!!”
[i]
Let's Go Out of Here..... Together.....
(Yes, that red-car with a mustache is my car :D )
Nov 26, 2014 4:22 PM
Jan 2014
VortrexSx said:
So, anyone with real experiences of piano or violin here?
As I have played the piano for 5 years now. (no real performances though)
Now I have waited a few months to finally see this anime.

When I started this show I was really really shocked with the second scene...
Over the past years I have searched for the most difficult created piano songs ever made. (this does not include Circus Galop)(Only for one person at one piano)
And he actually played like number six on the list! He was like 10/11 at that moment...
So I was really shocked, not many people can reach that level.

It would have been a bit more fun to watch if he was at a lower level more towards Sakamichi no pianist but the story does not suit that

And about the performances, they are at above average level, still pretty high
I think there isn't a lot of room to improve (I have only seen up to ep 4) but the same case was with Sakamichi so still very good.

I know one thing, when I finished ep 4: That guy Arima should really throw the sheets away and just play with his feelings. With his skills, it would be amazing!

Number 6 on the list? What list? What piece are you talking about? Moonlight 3rd mvmt?

Moonlight 3rd is definitely within reach of a 10/11 year old kid. It is definitely no where near the upper ranks of most difficult pieces.
Nov 27, 2014 9:46 AM

Jun 2013
Well then give me a video of a 11 or 10 year old boy/girl that plays moonlight third mov. I am sure there will be a few that can play that piece at young age, especially asians :P
But I don't believe it's within reach

This is the youngest person I can find that plays it (and not even perfect): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9tezMRrkZg

It's the list I made a few years ago but I can't really remember all of them but the top includes most of the chopin etudes, liszt transcendental etudes (mazeppa is 1st on the list) and after those I put moonlight 3rd mov and chopin fantasie impromtu, etc...
(This list is only for songs that have a real meaning behind it, and that aren't too long because endurance doesn't count for me)
“The One With The Stronger Heart, Always Wins The Battle!!!”
[i]
Let's Go Out of Here..... Together.....
(Yes, that red-car with a mustache is my car :D )
Nov 27, 2014 1:28 PM
Apr 2011
Moonlight 3rd mvt is pretty awesome, but it isn't anywhere near 6th. The top 10 yr olds nowadays should be able to play it no problem.

Just off the top of my head, there's

Opus clavicembalisticum
mazeppa
gaspard de la nuit - scarbo
islamey (by balakirev :D)
Chopin's Op. 25 nos. 3, 6, 11 are probably all more difficult

And a bunch from late 19th century to early 20th century

And that's not including stuff like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOW2JpPi6Wc LOL

But back on topic, I can't really comment on the particular performances, but I think the CHOICE of music is extremely smart. For example, having him play the "wrong notes" etude to show that his playing doesn't sound right.

*edit* I just watched ep 8, and I really like takeshi's op.10 no.4, but Emi's winter wind is not as impressive. It's a bit too slow for my liking. Listen to Richter's and Kissin's versions for comparison. It's supposed to be like the winter wind, harsh, loud and ferocious. Her version is too feminine.
BalakirevNov 27, 2014 1:58 PM
Nov 27, 2014 6:24 PM

Jul 2012
BGM/OST in episode 8 was lovely. Added to the already high tension.
Nov 27, 2014 7:36 PM
Jan 2014
VortrexSx said:
Well then give me a video of a 11 or 10 year old boy/girl that plays moonlight third mov. I am sure there will be a few that can play that piece at young age, especially asians :P
But I don't believe it's within reach

This is the youngest person I can find that plays it (and not even perfect): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9tezMRrkZg

It's the list I made a few years ago but I can't really remember all of them but the top includes most of the chopin etudes, liszt transcendental etudes (mazeppa is 1st on the list) and after those I put moonlight 3rd mov and chopin fantasie impromtu, etc...
(This list is only for songs that have a real meaning behind it, and that aren't too long because endurance doesn't count for me)

I haven't dug around the internet for a video of child prodigies playing moonlight 3rd but at the very least you can infer that they can. If a 12 year old kid can play the entire set of Chopin etudes, Moonlight 3rd is nothing. People who think Moonlight 3rd is legitimately hard obviously doesn't know much about virtuosic repertoire. At the very most Moonlight 3rd is only entry level concert repertoire. I can't even consider it virtuosic. And LOL, Fantasie Impromptu is definitely not top 10, not even top 100, or top 500. it's not virtuosic at all. Heck it's not even difficult.

Especially Asians? What do you mean? Asia has a very high standard of piano. Just look around, all the major competition winners these days are from China, or Japan, or Korea. Japan has a very high standard of classical piano and this anime is set in Japan. If Arima being top in the country/region can't even play Moonlight 3rd at 10, then it would actually be not realistic.

Hardest piano pieces ever? That is a debate that pops up once in awhile even in a classical piano forum and never did I expect to encounter it here. But yes, most people can agree Islamey, Ravel's Gaspard, Rach 3 (if you include concertos) all belong to this tier. Mazeppa and Feux Follets could be considered very difficult as well. Even the Chopin etudes are a few levels lower in terms of difficulty.

and yeah on the recent episode 8. 14 year old kids playing Chopin etudes are perfectly realistic. If you can't play a Chopin etude by 14 then you're probably not going to make it as a professional pianist anymore.
Nov 27, 2014 9:19 PM
Jul 2018
PrinceTY said:
I haven't dug around the internet for a video of child prodigies playing moonlight 3rd but at the very least you can infer that they can. If a 12 year old kid can play the entire set of Chopin etudes, Moonlight 3rd is nothing. People who think Moonlight 3rd is legitimately hard obviously doesn't know much about virtuosic repertoire. At the very most Moonlight 3rd is only entry level concert repertoire. I can't even consider it virtuosic. And LOL, Fantasie Impromptu is definitely not top 10, not even top 100, or top 500. it's not virtuosic at all. Heck it's not even difficult.

Especially Asians? What do you mean? Asia has a very high standard of piano. Just look around, all the major competition winners these days are from China, or Japan, or Korea. Japan has a very high standard of classical piano and this anime is set in Japan. If Arima being top in the country/region can't even play Moonlight 3rd at 10, then it would actually be not realistic.

Hardest piano pieces ever? That is a debate that pops up once in awhile even in a classical piano forum and never did I expect to encounter it here. But yes, most people can agree Islamey, Ravel's Gaspard, Rach 3 (if you include concertos) all belong to this tier. Mazeppa and Feux Follets could be considered very difficult as well. Even the Chopin etudes are a few levels lower in terms of difficulty.

and yeah on the recent episode 8. 14 year old kids playing Chopin etudes are perfectly realistic. If you can't play a Chopin etude by 14 then you're probably not going to make it as a professional pianist anymore.

This.
I tend to think that even the 'difficult' word is a tricky topic in the music world. It's not because there is a lot of notes that a piece is automatically considered as 'difficult'. Sometimes, contrapuntical works may turns out to be 'difficult', not because of the number of notes, but because of the number of 'voices' you have to play simultaneously without affecting the clearness of the piece. To be able to play those pieces in a right way is also a proof of virtuosity, and a proof of the difficulty of some pieces as well.
Nov 27, 2014 9:48 PM

Jan 2009
I usually tend to notice the OST and the music overall in any given series first. I have to say this series has done it well - but it has to, also - cuz it's a series about musicians. The main characters performances have left me in awe.
Nov 27, 2014 9:59 PM
Jan 2014
-Skyleo- said:

This.
I tend to think that even the 'difficult' word is a tricky topic in the music world. It's not because there is a lot of notes that a piece is automatically considered as 'difficult'. Sometimes, contrapuntical works may turns out to be 'difficult', not because of the number of notes, but because of the number of 'voices' you have to play simultaneously without affecting the clearness of the piece. To be able to play those pieces in a right way is also a proof of virtuosity, and a proof of the difficulty of some pieces as well.

Yes. Well said. there are many works several times harder than Moonlight 3rd despite sounding much easier. There is also musical difficulty besides raw technical difficulty. Contrapuntal works are a pain to learn and play and figure a lot finger independence.
Nov 28, 2014 5:22 AM
Apr 2011
I think Opus clavicembalisticum is pretty much agreed to be the most difficult piece for the piano. Much more difficult than islamey or gaspard de la nuit.

I think fantasie impromptu can be counted as somewhat "difficult". Is it one of the most difficult? Definitely not. But it would take most people at least 2-3 years of musical experience before they can seriously attempt to play it to any acceptable standard.

Back on topic, since you guys seem to be pretty pro in terms of classical music, what did you think about Takeshi and Emi's performances?
Nov 28, 2014 5:23 AM
Oct 2014
I enjoy the OST more than I enjoy the classical music.
Nov 28, 2014 5:34 AM
Apr 2011
TommyTeabags said:
Classical Music takes time to appreciate.

I remember back before I was forced to learn the piano, I wasn't interested in music at all. Since I was forced to learn it though, I set my goal first on passing the Grade 4 RCM Exam for piano. At that time, after I learned my first piece, I thought "hey, this sounds pretty good". When I listened to the higher level piano pieces from Grade 8 or 10, I thought they were unbelievably boring. I couldn't understand why people wrote pieces that were more difficult, when they don't sound as good. Seemed to me like pure arrogance to prove that you can play something difficult.

After I passed Grade 4, I started grade 8, and after listening for a while, I understood how Grade 8 pieces also have their attractiveness. I still couldn't understand Grade 10 pieces, though.

After a year, I got to grade 10, and I started to understand grade 10 pieces as well. Funny, isn't it. Grade 10 is the highest "Grade" in the RCME, but there is one level higher called the ARCT. These include the most difficult pieces like some of the pieces mentioned above.

I remember being interested and started searching for extremely difficult piano pieces to listen to, like islamey and gaspard de la nuit. The first few times I listend to them, I was disgusted. I thought they sounded horrible. Absolutely awful.

But eventually, after listening a lot more, again, I started being able to appreciate these pieces as well, thus my username and avatar pic.

Compared to the music nowadays, classical music takes time and knowledge to appreciate. But once you start to understand and learn to appreciate classical music, you'll realize why it has lasted hundreds of years, and will continue to last for many more centuries. Compared to that, I doubt many, if ANY of the current musicians will be recognized in a few centuries.
Nov 28, 2014 5:36 AM
Jan 2014
Balakirev said:
I think Opus clavicembalisticum is pretty much agreed to be the most difficult piece for the piano. Much more difficult than islamey or gaspard de la nuit.

I think fantasie impromptu can be counted as somewhat "difficult". Is it one of the most difficult? Definitely not. But it would take most people at least 2-3 years of musical experience before they can seriously attempt to play it to any acceptable standard.

Back on topic, since you guys seem to be pretty pro in terms of classical music, what did you think about Takeshi and Emi's performances?

LOL. Opus Clavicembalisticum is 4 hours long. It's a troll piece and definitely not serious repertoire. No one treats it seriously. It could be put aside together with other "troll" pieces like the waltz of death. It's like difficulty for the sake of difficulty. Its like if I want to compose the most difficult impossible piece in the world I can just chunk 11 notes spaced out on the same beat and viola, no one would be able to play them.

2-3 years of experience to play FI? Nope. Definitely not. Entry level concert pieces take at least 4-5 years of training. If you're playing it after 2 years you're probably butchering it.

Okay on Takeshi and Emi's performance.

Takeshi's 10/4 was alright.it was pretty stable and had a little less pedal than I would normally expect. Very clean. Despite the technicalities of the piece he plays it pretty musically. the crescendos he does were really spot on. but it was more on the slow side as if he was playing it safe.

Emi's 25/11 was more on the slow side as well, but musical. It wasn't exactly loud or harsh like how other pianists usually play it. I don't sense any hostility or anger from the sound. If anything it was like a gentle breeze.
Nov 28, 2014 5:52 AM
Apr 2011
Draakisback said:

I've got to say overall, I'm pretty impressed with the level of detail the animation gives for the playing of the instruments. The way she used her Bow on the violin and the specific key pressed on the piano are very very accurate. Its very different than other shows which just show people strumming a guitar with random chords some times offbeat to the actual song. (White album 2 comes to mind.) I guess because they probably have the music recorded before they animate these parts in this case, they can more easily match them together.

Watch this from 1:25- 2:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKVqPzYXEeg

They actually look at the real performance, and fit the movements to the anime. That stack of paper he's holding at 1:41 is 5 seconds' worth.
Nov 28, 2014 5:53 AM
Oct 2014
Balakirev said:
TommyTeabags said:
Classical Music takes time to appreciate.

I remember back before I was forced to learn the piano, I wasn't interested in music at all. Since I was forced to learn it though, I set my goal first on passing the Grade 4 RCM Exam for piano. At that time, after I learned my first piece, I thought "hey, this sounds pretty good". When I listened to the higher level piano pieces from Grade 8 or 10, I thought they were unbelievably boring. I couldn't understand why people wrote pieces that were more difficult, when they don't sound as good. Seemed to me like pure arrogance to prove that you can play something difficult.

After I passed Grade 4, I started grade 8, and after listening for a while, I understood how Grade 8 pieces also have their attractiveness. I still couldn't understand Grade 10 pieces, though.

After a year, I got to grade 10, and I started to understand grade 10 pieces as well. Funny, isn't it. Grade 10 is the highest "Grade" in the RCME, but there is one level higher called the ARCT. These include the most difficult pieces like some of the pieces mentioned above.

I remember being interested and started searching for extremely difficult piano pieces to listen to, like islamey and gaspard de la nuit. The first few times I listend to them, I was disgusted. I thought they sounded horrible. Absolutely awful.

But eventually, after listening a lot more, again, I started being able to appreciate these pieces as well, thus my username and avatar pic.

Compared to the music nowadays, classical music takes time and knowledge to appreciate. But once you start to understand and learn to appreciate classical music, you'll realize why it has lasted hundreds of years, and will continue to last for many more centuries. Compared to that, I doubt many, if ANY of the current musicians will be recognized in a few centuries.

I appreciate you taking the time to express your sentiments. I don't play classical music myself so I don't think I will be taking the time to learn about it. The only case I can think of where I would learn classical music is if I wanted to build motor skills.

There's something about classical music that doesn't please my ears. I haven't analyzed any classical music but I suspect it is the chord progressions and harmonies.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2015

243 by Miyakirauhciyama »»
Apr 23, 4:46 AM

» Let me share my experience to re-watching it again

GuyWithoutFear - Apr 13

1 by falko92 »»
Apr 20, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

295 by kyledluffy »»
Apr 16, 11:18 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1174 by LordArmandtrox »»
Apr 16, 9:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.