Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (16) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 26, 2014 10:38 AM

May 2011
insan3priest said:
Anyway, Kuzuki doesn't even match Saber. The sequence very clearly drives home that the element of surprise is why she took that beating. Also, I'm pretty sure that fight ended in a matter of seconds so it'll also be interesting to see how Ufotable handles that.

This may be the key in my rehabilitation from what that scene makes me recall. The "Saber jumps back out of range" always got to me.

P.S. - Mahoyo glory stole yet another topic. I'm not complaining lol.
Oct 26, 2014 10:39 AM

Aug 2014
Roflmao Touko and Aoko are just like whoa wtf.
Is that the part where he

Also best thing I've seen from Mahoyo;

Jk, jk, pretty funny, though.

But seriously, moving plates and folks? Wtf? Well, this sure looks interesting.
Oct 26, 2014 10:39 AM

Jun 2009
Going to need to learn to read Japanese.......
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 26, 2014 10:43 AM

Sep 2013
Actually, now that we're talking about Kuzuki vs Saber, I'm also looking forward to how Kuzuki surprises Saber with his snake and the not-novel-viewers and beats the crap out of her for a moment. Goddammit, Mahoyo.

insan3priest said:

That would certainly not take as long as waiting for a translation.
Oct 26, 2014 10:47 AM

Aug 2010
Couldn't resist myself and had to watch that Mahoyo clip. Damn... don't think I could wait any longer for the translations.
Oct 26, 2014 10:51 AM

Jun 2009
CorePriest said:

insan3priest said:

That would certainly not take as long as waiting for a translation.

Well, it's not just Mahoyo. I'm interested in quite a few untranslated VN's. Most notably White Album 2. Mahoyo's translation is at least 100%, can't say the same for WA2.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 26, 2014 10:54 AM

Jul 2007
To explain on what the fuck with that clip and why that's so WTFOPHAXX:
Oct 26, 2014 10:56 AM

Jun 2009
@ Cooking

So, basically, you are saying that Kuzuki may have had similar training? Not completely though, I'm guessing?

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 26, 2014 10:58 AM

Aug 2014
CookingPriest said:

So what's going on with Unlimited Fork Works up there?
Oct 26, 2014 11:00 AM

May 2011
InsertPriestHere said:
Also best thing I've seen from Mahoyo;

Jk, jk, pretty funny, though.

But seriously, moving plates and folks? Wtf? Well, this sure looks interesting.

I was a few seconds away from swapping waifus man. You got me there.

Although
Kayaba-Oct 26, 2014 11:07 AM
Oct 26, 2014 11:14 AM

Jul 2007
insan3priest said:
@ Cooking

So, basically, you are saying that Kuzuki may have had similar training? Not completely though, I'm guessing?

Yeah, obviously not to that level since the dude
, while Kuzuki had some sort of ideas about that stuff.

The whole focus on that cult is taking on opponents who underestimate you OR try to dodge you too.

InsertPriestHere said:
CookingPriest said:

So what's going on with Unlimited Fork Works up there?

I think its a joke from the "Who did it extra story". Its full of the lulz but I have not played it.

-Shuda- said:

In a way. Although its far more WTF and as I said I can't explain it and I only started to comprehend it myself in a few mnths of WTFing about it.

Oct 26, 2014 11:16 AM

Jun 2009
Also, about Shirou's projection. During the fight with Kuzuki, Shirou projects Archer's swords. Do you guys think they need to handle this a little differently? Maybe elaborate on projection beforehand like in the Fate route? Or is the explanation afterwards throughout the route enough? In the context of the UBW route this literally comes out of nowhere, but I can't remember if that was the intention or if it was relying on prior Fate knowledge.

I'm sure I'll see in my re-read, but I'm just curious as to everyone's thoughts.

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 26, 2014 11:19 AM

Jul 2007
insan3priest said:
Also, about Shirou's projection. During the fight with Kuzuki, Shirou projects Archer's swords. Do you guys think they need to handle this a little differently? Maybe elaborate on projection beforehand like in the Fate route? Or is the explanation afterwards throughout the route enough? In the context of the UBW route this literally comes out of nowhere, but I can't remember if that was the intention or if it was relying on prior Fate knowledge.

I'm sure I'll see in my re-read, but I'm just curious as to everyone's thoughts.

Doesn't rin talk about shirou's magic nature?
Oct 27, 2014 5:02 AM

Jun 2009
It seems like I asked this prematurely.....

Anyway, It's been said before, but I really do think the scene at the end of day 11 after Shirou lost Saber and meets Rin and Archer on the roof would be a great moment to end the first cour on. It'll be a cool visual as well, with the two of them jumping off the building.

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 27, 2014 6:45 AM

Jan 2014
insan3priest said:

Anyway, It's been said before, but I really do think the scene at the end of day 11 after Shirou lost Saber and meets Rin and Archer on the roof would be a great moment to end the first cour on. It'll be a cool visual as well, with the two of them jumping off the building.

People will scream: NTR. :P
Oct 27, 2014 7:05 AM

Aug 2014
SaberXCaster works will appear all over.
Oct 27, 2014 7:08 AM

Jul 2007
InsertPriestHere said:

You mean they already do not?

Even Carnival phantasm acknowledged that lol
Oct 27, 2014 7:09 AM

Aug 2014
CookingPriest said:
InsertPriestHere said:

You mean they already do not?

Even Carnival phantasm acknowledged that lol

Not enough.
Oct 27, 2014 8:02 AM

Jun 2009
chickenonthepan said:
insan3priest said:

Honestly, watching the prologue, I would think most people would already think this would go in a RinxArcher direction. Of course, you'd have to completely ignore everything in between.

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 27, 2014 8:07 AM

Jul 2009
By priority:
1. Rin vs Caster
2. Jackhammer
3. Shirou vs Shirou
Oct 27, 2014 8:13 AM

Jun 2009
Tsundereppoi said:
By priority:
1. Rin vs Caster
2. Jackhammer
3. Shirou vs Shirou

By priority, indeed....

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 27, 2014 8:16 AM

Jul 2007
insan3priest said:
chickenonthepan said:

Honestly, watching the prologue, I would think most people would already think this would go in a RinxArcher direction. Of course, you'd have to completely ignore everything in between.

I expect a lot of rage when people learn of how much of what Archer does or says is pure trolling.
Oct 27, 2014 8:18 AM

Jul 2009
insan3priest said:
Tsundereppoi said:
By priority:
1. Rin vs Caster
2. Jackhammer
3. Shirou vs Shirou

By priority, indeed....

Too low or too high?
Oct 27, 2014 8:19 AM

Jun 2009
I expect Archer to get a shit ton of favorites, honestly. Only for him to lose them when people find out who he is......

That last part was a joke, btw.

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 27, 2014 8:21 AM

Jun 2009
RinPriest said:
insan3priest said:
I expect Archer to get a shit ton of favorites, honestly. Only for him to lose them when people find out who he is......

I liked archer more when I realized who he was though.

Me too, but I was making a joke about Shirou's "reputation" before this series.

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 27, 2014 8:23 AM

Jun 2009
I.....will remain optimistic.

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 27, 2014 8:54 AM

Jul 2007
insan3priest said:

Well one ARcher will certainly lose quite a few favorites :P

As for ARcher I am actually very interested in seeing how secondaries handle his turncoat nature and everything surrounding him and shirou.
Oct 27, 2014 8:56 AM

Sep 2013
I talked with many other VN readers about Archer's betrayal a few years ago and quite a few immediately thought he tried to save Rin and keep an eye on Saber. Him trying to kill Shirou afterwards was also hinted (and outright attempted) before though, so the surprise factor after he killed Caster wasn't really... there. It was his first two killing attempts (Caladbolg and after calling it a day against Caster), that were shocking/surprising.
CapsuleCoreOct 27, 2014 9:33 AM
Oct 29, 2014 9:23 AM

Jun 2009
Just read the "Winter Forest" scene in UBW and, man, I'm going to be a blubbering mess by the time that scene shows up in the second cour. Also, I don't think this scene was in the UBW film at all right? Should be interesting how it's handled and what those who saw that film will think of it.

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 29, 2014 9:45 AM

Sep 2014
insan3priest said:
Just read the "Winter Forest" scene in UBW and, man, I'm going to be a blubbering mess by the time that scene shows up in the second cour. Also, I don't think this scene was in the UBW film at all right? Should be interesting how it's handled and what those who saw that film will think of it.

Was that movie even memorable enough for people to recall what was not in it? Maybe they will vaguely recall certain scenes that did happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if they forgot a lot of them.

I mean, I personally wouldn't be able to write an outline of each route unless I read the novel once again. Although the novel is much longer than the anything else, so maybe my memory isn't as bad as I think lol.
Oct 29, 2014 10:00 AM

Nov 2013
FlameseeK said:
insan3priest said:

Was that movie even memorable enough for people to recall what was not in it? Maybe they will vaguely recall certain scenes that did happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if they forgot a lot of them.

I mean, I personally wouldn't be able to write an outline of each route unless I read the novel once again. Although the novel is much longer than the anything else, so maybe my memory isn't as bad as I think lol.
The movie didn't, but the 2006 anime had like a 1 sec frame of Berserker and Illya and Berserker was covered in blood (at the part where she says that she wouldn't take Saber as a Servant anyway if Shirou dies because Berserker is the only Servant for her and stuff).

This is yet another reason why I keep saying that one would know about UBW from watching 2006 anime than watching 2010 movie.
Oct 29, 2014 10:48 AM

Jun 2009
The 2006 series hints at Archer's identity pretty heavily, if memory serves me.

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 29, 2014 10:53 AM

Nov 2013
insan3priest said:
The 2006 series hints at Archer's identity pretty heavily, if memory serves me.
That's because of how much it emphasized on Shirou's projection. Well it didn't go out of it's way to do that, it just sort of happened because of the stuff they added from UBW like Caster stuff. Also ending theme to episode 14, GARcher's cape thingy disappears at the very end and reveals the pendant on the floor.
Oct 29, 2014 11:02 AM

Aug 2014
Well during his UBW chant they did show Shirou a lot.
Oct 29, 2014 11:03 AM

Jun 2009
Yeah, I don't remember much of this stuff in the 2006 series. Been a while. I think the first cour of Fate/Zero was the last time I've watched it.

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 29, 2014 11:38 AM

Aug 2014
I thought the archer betrayal was to remove rins command spell that stopped him from murdering shirou.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Oct 29, 2014 12:23 PM

Jul 2007
RinPriest said:
black1blade said:
I thought the archer betrayal was to remove rins command spell that stopped him from murdering shirou.

That and to stop Rin from using her other command spells to stop Archer from killing Shirou.

And to have an excuse to murder shirou.

Pretty much every motive of Archer is not complete if you do not end the sentence with "To Murder Shirou"
Oct 29, 2014 12:31 PM

Nov 2013
RinPriest said:
CookingPriest said:

And to have an excuse to murder shirou.

Pretty much every motive of Archer is not complete if you do not end the sentence with "To Murder Shirou"

Even in HF, Archer gave his arm to Shirou because he knew it would kill him from overuse.
And knowing Shirou, he knew Shirou will overuse it without giving a shit about his own life.
Oct 29, 2014 12:36 PM

Jul 2007
BotatoPriest said:
RinPriest said:

Even in HF, Archer gave his arm to Shirou because he knew it would kill him from overuse.
And knowing Shirou, he knew Shirou will overuse it without giving a shit about his own life.

SRSLY THO, his thought line was pretty much "he is so much more different from how I was in ideals! Let's give hm part of my reality marble that will be UTTERLY incompatible with his new ideals and slowly kill him!"
Oct 29, 2014 1:38 PM

Jan 2014
CookingPriest said:
BotatoPriest said:

SRSLY THO, his thought line was pretty much "he is so much more different from how I was in ideals! Let's give hm part of my reality marble that will be UTTERLY incompatible with his new ideals and slowly kill him!"

Archer's plan has a huge flop though. He can't predict that a mysterious character from KnK jumps out and cast a fairy tail magic to ruin his plan. Poor Archer...

Think about it, why doesn't Gil buy a body from this mysterious guy? The body is quite perfect, he doesn't need any battery if he uses one.
Just_ChickenOct 29, 2014 1:43 PM
Oct 29, 2014 1:44 PM

Jun 2009
I don't entirely agree, though. Going by his line about letting Rin make a contract with Saber, I think he was still fully intending to help her in some way to win the war. I honestly don't know where the lies end and the truth begins and vice versa, though.

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 29, 2014 1:46 PM

Nov 2013
chickenonthepan said:
CookingPriest said:

Archer's plan has a huge flop though. He can't predict that a mysterious character from KnK jumps out and cast a fairy tail magic to ruin his plan. Poor Archer...

Think about it, why doesn't Gil buy a body from this mysterious guy? The body is quite perfect, he doesn't need any battery if he uses one.
Gil's ego tells him that he already has everything and a lowly mongrel can't possibly provide him with a body he doesn't already own.
Oct 29, 2014 1:48 PM

Jan 2014
insan3priest said:
I don't entirely agree, though. Going by his line about letting Rin make a contract with Saber, I think he was still fully intending to help her in some way to win the war. I honestly don't know where the lies end and the truth begins and vice versa, though.

In UBW, Archer plans to kill Shirou, then lets Rin make contract with Saber so she could win the war. He doesn't want to harm Rin, just the situation push him to betray her the second time.

If you are wondering about the first time Archer betrays Rin, he knows Shirou is there and Shirou would jump out to protect Rin no matter what.

Just_ChickenOct 29, 2014 1:54 PM
Oct 29, 2014 1:49 PM

Jun 2009
chickenonthepan said:
insan3priest said:

In UBW, Archer plans to kill Shirou, then lets Rin make contract with Saber so she could win the war. He doesn't want to harm Rin, just the situation push him to betray her the second time.

I know, I literally just read all this lol. I know he doesn't want to actually hurt Rin, or Saber actually, but he is still by and large a mystery to me in how he handles things. I love that, though. He's fun to follow.

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 29, 2014 2:06 PM

Jul 2007
chickenonthepan said:
insan3priest said:

If you are wondering about the first time Archer betrays Rin, he knows Shirou is there and Shirou would jump out to protect Rin no matter what.

He's okay with giving her over to Shinji to play with as long as he gets to kill SHirou though.

chickenonthepan said:

Its GIl.

That's like asking why Gil does not go around fucking women, instead of eating orphans.
Oct 29, 2014 2:09 PM

Jan 2014
insan3priest said:
chickenonthepan said:

I know, I literally just read all this lol. I know he doesn't want to actually hurt Rin, or Saber actually, but he is still by and large a mystery to me in how he handles things. I love that, though. He's fun to follow.

Hmm, it's almost like he knew that Lancer has a thing for Rin and he would help them. He also planned to kill Caster before hand. All of these wouldn't work without Lancer...

And I think in his plan, after killing Shirou, he will confront Gil.
Just_ChickenOct 29, 2014 2:14 PM
Oct 29, 2014 2:09 PM

Sep 2013
CookingPriest said:
chickenonthepan said:

He's okay with giving her over to Shinji to play with as long as he gets to kill SHirou though.

Archer bought time. That's kinda obvious, considering how he complimented Shinji and then asked to leave Rin alone until he killed Shirou.
Oct 29, 2014 2:10 PM

Jul 2007
CorePriest said:
CookingPriest said:

Archer bought time. That's kinda obvious, considering how he complimented Shinji and then asked to leave Rin alone until he killed Shirou.

He was planning to Kill shinji afterward?

Still that kind of shows him putting Rin's wellbeing at stakes in order to Kill Shirou.
Oct 29, 2014 2:11 PM

Jan 2014
Well, if Lancer wasn't there, Saber would go to take Rin, so she would be safe regardless.
Oct 29, 2014 2:13 PM

Sep 2013
If he hadn't asked to wait, Shinji would have immediately "ordered" Gil to kill Archer and take Rin. Instead he kind of got more time for Rin until someone, like Saber (although in the end Lancer came), would come and perhaps save her. It's better than confronting Gil in his state, immediately die and lose Rin and his chance to "have a talk" with Shirou.
CapsuleCoreOct 29, 2014 2:16 PM
Pages (16) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.