Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 1, 2014 11:58 AM

Aug 2014
ive watched 3 three episodes and it seems quite random. does the story pick up or does it stay episodic.
Oct 1, 2014 12:00 PM

May 2012
the anime series has a few arcs, so it's not really episodic.
Oct 1, 2014 12:00 PM

Dec 2012
It says episodic, and based on arcs. With a general plot that doesn't get that much focus.
Oct 1, 2014 12:02 PM

Jun 2013
Black Lagoon is fucking amazing. like seriously its fuckin amazing
Oct 1, 2014 12:30 PM

Sep 2013
Nate-Senpai said:

This, just keep watching it, you won't regret it.
Oct 1, 2014 12:36 PM

Jul 2014
Finish it, it's worth it.
Oct 1, 2014 12:36 PM

Feb 2013
It's an incomplete adaptation of a manga that's on hiatus. So don't expect much when it comes to plot or closure.
Oct 1, 2014 12:48 PM

Jan 2014
gedata said:
It's an incomplete adaptation of a manga that's on hiatus. So don't expect much when it comes to plot or closure.

Even then the ending was still pretty acceptable in comparison to other crap out there like Berserk.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Oct 1, 2014 12:56 PM

Feb 2013
RedRoseFring said:
gedata said:

Even then the ending was still pretty acceptable in comparison to other crap out there like Berserk.

Berserk's ending was awesome I'll kill you

I don't think Black Lagoon's ending was bad, I was just expecting, you know an ending to a series, not just an arc. It's because I didn't know it was based off an incomplete manga at the time so eh
Oct 1, 2014 1:01 PM

Jun 2010
tsudecimo said:
It says episodic, and based on arcs. With a general plot that doesn't get that much focus.

episodic =/= based on arcs
And, are you kidding me? There's A LOT of focus on script and storyline elements.
Some may find its progression a little awkward, but how is that not focused?
The ending, as said above, delivered a satisfying closure and if you need a reason to watch it, OP, just think characters. They are perfectly written and developed.
Oct 1, 2014 1:04 PM
Dec 2013
Basically, it has arcs that lasts only a few episodes. First season is slow-paced. Second season is fast-paced. OVA episodes are pretty lengthy. It's a pretty good seinen action anime.
Oct 1, 2014 1:10 PM

Jul 2013
Roberta's Blood Trail was the only good thing about the anime and even then the ending is alarmingly stupid (and apparently unfaithful to the manga anyway so what the fuck Madhouse).
Oct 1, 2014 1:16 PM

Jun 2013
Unless you hate sick aniimation, amazingly developed characters , interesting dialogues. awesome action scenes, orinal story and plot it is definetely worth a watch
Oct 1, 2014 2:08 PM

Feb 2013
hybreezy said:
Roberta's Blood Trail was the only good thing about the anime and even then the ending is alarmingly stupid (and apparently unfaithful to the manga anyway so what the fuck Madhouse).

the main difference between the OVA ending and the manga's was that

I think Roberta's Blood Trail was the worst part of the series so far to be honest. Mostly because of the repetitive chain smoker dialogue that reminds us of shitty Roanapur is every few minutes. It also feels like there's a whole season's worth of development missing between the Rock of The 2nd Barrage and the Rock of Roberta's Blood Trail.
Oct 1, 2014 2:52 PM

Jul 2013
That repetitive talk is in all seasons
Oct 1, 2014 2:56 PM

Feb 2013
It's true but it didn't really feel overstated to me until then
Oct 1, 2014 3:11 PM

Aug 2013
gedata said:

I thought it resumed?
Oct 1, 2014 3:18 PM

May 2012
Is not as good as people say here. The anime is episodic, and the characters are horrible (only Revy is ok)

If you are looking for anime that has guns, and non-episodic the watch Gungrave, Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom or Psycho-Pass.

Psycho-Pass was a little boring at early episodes, but it gets better once the villain called Makishima play bigger role in later episodes.

But keep in mind that these anime are more serious and darker than black lagoon. You will not see comedy like in black lagoon.
Oct 1, 2014 3:23 PM

Sep 2014
Wow, what a letdown. I didn't expect this show to be episodic
Oct 1, 2014 3:47 PM

Jan 2014
gedata said:
RedRoseFring said:

I don't think Black Lagoon's ending was bad, I was just expecting, you know an ending to a series, not just an arc. It's because I didn't know it was based off an incomplete manga at the time so eh

It was awful. And you can try to kill me, but you will never finish the job....just like Berserk's ending.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Oct 1, 2014 4:20 PM

May 2012
notsomacho said:

It isn't really.
Oct 1, 2014 4:30 PM

Feb 2013
RedRoseFring said:
gedata said:

It was awful. And you can try to kill me, but you will never finish the job....just like Berserk's ending.

Berserk spoilers

notsomacho said:

It's not
gedataOct 1, 2014 4:40 PM
Oct 1, 2014 4:33 PM

Jul 2013
thepath said:
Is not as good as people say here. The anime is episodic, and the characters are horrible (only Revy is ok)

Revy is annoying best girl/character is Balalaika
Oct 1, 2014 4:35 PM
Nobody

Jul 2013
kinda episodic, still amazing though

@OP stop complaining and just enjoy it
Oct 1, 2014 4:52 PM

Dec 2012
asume5 said:
Nate-Senpai said:

This, just keep watching it, you won't regret it.

...and after you're done watch Jormungand.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Oct 2, 2014 1:38 AM

Dec 2012
xbobx said:
tsudecimo said:

episodic =/= based on arcs
And, are you kidding me? There's A LOT of focus on script and storyline elements.
Some may find its progression a little awkward, but how is that not focused?
The ending, as said above, delivered a satisfying closure and if you need a reason to watch it, OP, just think characters. They are perfectly written and developed.

Not really. The only recurring element that can be called a a coherent and continuous story, is Rock, and how he is handling his new life with the Black Lagoon crew. There is no story other than that, just episodic arc after another that are not connected by anything other than being missions for the Black Lagoon or something along those lines.

What closure? the ending wasn't even relevant to the general story of Rock and Revy. They teased with a flashback of Revy's past, to explain why she views the world in such a black and white view, but they stopped there. The characters are shit, especially Revy imo, there is no substance or a decent storyline in this action flick.

@OP If you don't like mindless action where hundreds of bullets don't kill the main character, or the typical hollywood action scenes, then stay the fuck away from this anime, it has nothing but action and ''badass'' crap that appeal to action junkies.

hybreezy said:

Revy is annoying, best girl/character is Balalaika

At least one person isn't wrong in this thread ;)
Oct 2, 2014 3:13 AM

Jan 2014
gedata said:
RedRoseFring said:

Berserk spoilers

Joke's on you

Oh, and the ending still sucks :P
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Oct 3, 2014 4:48 AM

Aug 2014
wandererofnorth said:
OP, don't listen anybody and check it by yourself.
Most of the previous posters have no idea what they are talking about. If you like action, I highly recommend Black Lagoon although I don't like ending.

cheers im gonna try watching it again in a few weeks

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Lagoon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

seita - Aug 23, 2008

132 by Scarface_1 »»
Apr 16, 12:26 AM

Poll: » Black Lagoon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

djinn_690 - May 25, 2008

141 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 12:07 AM

Poll: » Black Lagoon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

slashed - Feb 27, 2008

164 by ReyanshManta »»
Mar 29, 10:30 AM

» Sub or dub? ( 1 2 )

Headpatts - Oct 17, 2022

50 by Kirino »»
Mar 2, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OmegaRed - Dec 16, 2008

81 by bubba460z »»
Feb 20, 3:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.