Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Feb 13, 2021 5:44 PM

Feb 2012
Aoba/Hina being on the original development team for the Coupling System, and both of them being the first test subjects explains why he can couple with almost any other buddy.

Hina's now has a definable origin; a college student that went on to develop the Coupling System with Aoba (also, the hairclip was from a festival). She entered the time loop by following similar events to what Aoba did in the anime (meeting Dio, fighting Bizon).

I say once again, Buddy Complex should've been two-cour.

Elvira and Mayuka programming a fake persona into the Luxon NEXT so Aoba can use its full potential without coupling (by essentially coupling with himself/the Luxon NEXT) is a brilliant idea and interesting addition to the gimmick that Buddy Complex has to set itself apart from other Real Robot anime. Unfortunately, because it is done so quickly, it's very ass pully and rushed.

If this were a full season:

• At least episode to present Evgeni's Karkinos, the original Zogillian Valiancer that can couple itself (and expelling a jamming signal in the process).
  • The following episode having a brief scene with Elvira and Mayuka figuring out how it's possible, becoming a subplot.
  • Several episodes later, Aoba couples with himself/the Luxon NEXT, to the surprise of the enemy with Elvira and Mayuka explaining what they've been doing for the the last few episodes.

So if Mayuka caught the bouquet, who is she gonna marry, did she have Aoba in mind when she caught it?

I think Aoba and Hina have broken the outermost time loop when they returned to their original time since the way Hina meets Aoba in college has changed, thus it is the start of a fourth timeline (in addition to the original where they met in college, the loop where Hina switches between Yumihara and Ryazan and the third where Aoba prevents Hina from returning at Alaska).
Fortress_MaximusFeb 14, 2021 2:46 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Sep 7, 2023 6:49 PM
Oct 2019
These two episodes were bad. Just nonsense. I figured it would be, because how are you going to conclude a story like this without it being done total brain dead, jump the shark, garbage. But that doesn't mean I'm not still disappointed.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Timeline of Buddy Complex + the ending (for those who are still confused)

Ayacchii - Oct 3, 2014

26 by aleinam »»
Mar 30, 1:01 PM

» Is the ending happy?

ffleader1 - Jan 19, 2015

10 by GoombaKing77 »»
Mar 12, 2022 4:12 PM

Poll: » Buddy Complex: Kanketsu-hen - Ano Sora ni Kaeru Mirai de Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2014

50 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 13, 2021 5:31 PM

» Is the series Complete or did they left out some stuff .

HaanFrost - Jan 5, 2017

1 by takutoac »»
May 28, 2017 10:08 PM

» Why is this only 2 episodes?

Uchiha - Oct 16, 2014

5 by Swiftflash »»
Jan 14, 2015 12:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.