Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 28, 2014 4:00 PM

Aug 2014
peoples all around the internets and especially in those mmorpgs that I play very often suggests me to get a life. they keep saying this phrase to me again and again. "get a life" they say... everyday online somebody says to me "get a life". so please tell me how do one gets a life? aren't I already have it? since I m alive.. I mean.. I don't understand. aren't that one who is alive already have a life by default? I m pretty sure I m alive. but so then why do peoples suggesting me to "get a life" everytime? so am I alive but still don't have a life? but how is that possible? I don't understand it at all... so please tell me how to get a life. I want to have a life, please help me.
but why peoples are mistaking me with trolls so often?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Sep 28, 2014 4:03 PM

Aug 2014
I get that a lot too. Don't worry about it. Everyone is lost in their own hallucination anyway.
Sep 28, 2014 4:04 PM

Jan 2014
Be cooler.
Sep 28, 2014 4:04 PM

Feb 2014
get off of mal you weeb
Sep 28, 2014 4:05 PM
Jul 2014
Sabylas said:
Be cooler.
GlassOfJews said:
get off of mal you weeb
I'M GONE NOW
Sep 28, 2014 4:06 PM

Aug 2014
what is a weeb?
Sep 28, 2014 4:08 PM

Dec 2013
What they really mean is "social life". Which is just a construct based on the assumption that friends and social activities are needed in order to live a normal happy life. Most of the time someone uses this phrase to assert superiority as they are under the impression you lack said "social life" and thus are inferior to them in every way. I tend to just ignore it if ever directed at me, though since you're having problems doing that, you might have underlying insecurities. So you might want to re-evaluate how much time you spend on the PC and how much on social activities. Also how much importance you place upon the words of others about you and your life decisions.
AstrosSep 28, 2014 4:12 PM
Sep 28, 2014 4:09 PM

Apr 2012
GlassOfJews said:
get off of mal you weeb

Sep 28, 2014 4:10 PM

Dec 2013
The ones that say that are who really need to 'get a life'
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Sep 28, 2014 4:11 PM

Nov 2008
A strong social life becomes unnecessary when you reach my age, you only start needing one again after 65 years of age.

Sep 28, 2014 4:22 PM
Jul 2014
1. Go outside
2. Do shit
3. Mission accomplished
Sep 28, 2014 4:24 PM

Aug 2014
Astros477 said:
What they really mean is "social life". Which is just a construct based on the assumption that friends and social activities are needed in order to live a normal happy life. Most of the time someone uses this phrase to assert superiority as they are under the impression you lack said "social life" and thus are inferior to them in every way. I tend to just ignore it if ever directed at me, though since you're having problems doing that, you might have underlying insecurities. So you might want to re-evaluate how much time you spend on the PC and how much on social activities. Also how much importance you place upon the words of others about you and your life decisions.

this is very informative and answers a lot of questions. thank you.

but I though I have a so called social life. like I have a job, I m voting for president... what else do I need to do to have that so called social life?

and isn't shitposting in MAL also social activity?
Sep 28, 2014 4:24 PM

Sep 2014
Everyone worse than me is a noob.
Everyone better than me has no life.
Sep 28, 2014 4:27 PM

Aug 2014
apachezzaman said:
1. Go outside
2. Do shit
3. Mission accomplished

what shit? which shit? you don't mean to actually shit outside? in the streets? seriously? but police will arrest me for such a "social activity"....
Sep 28, 2014 4:28 PM

Aug 2014
Felodisy said:
Everyone worse than me is a noob.
Everyone better than me has no life.
Perfectly said! Welcome to MAL!
Sep 28, 2014 4:29 PM

Aug 2014
Trollbenger said:
apachezzaman said:
1. Go outside
2. Do shit
3. Mission accomplished

what shit? which shit? you don't mean to actually shit outside? in the streets? seriously? but police will arrest me for such a "social activity"....
One does not simply poop in public and get away with it. Harsh times we live in
Sep 28, 2014 4:30 PM
Jul 2014
Gotsupermilk said:
Trollbenger said:

One does not simply poop in public and get away with it. Harsh times we live in
At least you show them you have no shame in being yourself and responding to your natural needs.
Sep 28, 2014 4:33 PM

Dec 2013
Trollbenger said:

this is very informative and answers a lot of questions. thank you.

but I though I have a so called social life. like I have a job, I m voting for president... what else do I need to do to have that so called social life?

and isn't shitposting in MAL also social activity?

Your social life is just that yours. You should decide what you want for your social life and whats acceptable. If you look to others for this then you'll just be mimicking someone else and wanting their approval. Which isn't all that bad but just doesn't sit with me personally. Yes shitposting while seemingly useless and a waste of time is social activity. You're connecting with other shitposters who are actual people behind a PC. Making them laugh or cringe at your seeming opinion aka post.
Sep 28, 2014 4:36 PM
Jul 2018
General concept for having a life

• Having a job
  • School
  • Hanging out with friends
  • Or any situation that does not involve you playing games or being on the internet for more than 5 hours
Sep 28, 2014 4:38 PM

Mar 2010
You have a "life" they just don't know it. That's how low some have gotten ;)

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 28, 2014 4:39 PM

Jan 2009
Meokii said:

• Having a job
  • School
  • Or any situation that does not involve you playing games or being on the internet for more than 5 hours

in other words if you are not NEET (Not in Employment, Education, and Training) then you have a life
Sep 28, 2014 4:43 PM

Aug 2014
Meokii said:

• Having a job
  • School
Could we kick that 5 hour time a little higher?
Sep 28, 2014 4:47 PM
Oct 2011
Find a job.
Sep 28, 2014 4:48 PM

Aug 2014
Meokii said:

• Having a job
  • School

[*]I have a dirty job
[*]I finished school a while ago
[*]rare. very rare.
[*]but this is the reason I m not hanging out with friends. gaming session less than 5 hours? seriously? but when will I finish my games then? but mmorpgs requires a lot of time.. and what about anime? this cant be serious. I don't want to waste my time. time is precious! I want to lvl up. I need to grind. no way, if this is the price for having a life then I don't want to have a life anymore. leave me alone.
Sep 28, 2014 4:57 PM

Nov 2012
Get a life. That's how I do it.
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL
Sep 28, 2014 5:09 PM

Nov 2012
Step 1: Kill someone.
Step 2: Steal their soul.
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit!
Sep 28, 2014 5:56 PM

Aug 2014
No point in getting a life. Just watch anime and play games all day, you're livin' the dream, baby.
Sep 28, 2014 5:59 PM

Jul 2012
Go buy a bike

bike around town, until the sun goes down.

that's what it means to have a life.
Sep 28, 2014 5:59 PM

Jul 2013
Sep 28, 2014 6:00 PM

Sep 2014
You cannot get a life. It is handed down to you by God.
Got warned for spamming. *cries in a corner*
Sep 28, 2014 6:01 PM

Feb 2014
Trollbenger said:
Meokii said:

• Having a job
  • School

[*]I have a dirty job
[*]I finished school a while ago
[*]rare. very rare.
[*]but this is the reason I m not hanging out with friends. gaming session less than 5 hours? seriously? but when will I finish my games then? but mmorpgs requires a lot of time.. and what about anime? this cant be serious. I don't want to waste my time. time is precious! I want to lvl up. I need to grind. no way, if this is the price for having a life then I don't want to have a life anymore. leave me alone.

You seem to be in the same mindset as me...people always want to go out and do stuff...but if I go out and do stuff I'm wasting time I could be spending on games and anime. Don't listen to them man...as long as you're happy in what you're doing it's a life.
Sep 28, 2014 6:01 PM

Aug 2014
Coolspot said:
Go buy a bike

I'd rather sky dive without a parachute and no supervisor than fucking buy and ride a bike.
Sep 28, 2014 6:03 PM

Sep 2014
MeiMisaki1525 said:
Coolspot said:
Go buy a bike

I'd rather sky dive without a parachute and no supervisor than fucking buy and ride a bike.
What.
Got warned for spamming. *cries in a corner*
Sep 28, 2014 6:04 PM

Feb 2014
Everyman said:
MeiMisaki1525 said:

What.

He says he'd rather commit suicide then go ride a bike apparently.
Sep 28, 2014 6:06 PM

Aug 2014
Everyman said:
MeiMisaki1525 said:

What.

I mean, I'd rather pretend to be Superman, Wonder Woman, Power Girl, etc., for 2 minutes than waste my money on a bike and ride it for any amount of time.
Sep 28, 2014 6:07 PM
Jul 2018
Rukie said:
Everyman said:
What.

Mei is weird
Sep 28, 2014 6:08 PM

Feb 2014
You must really hate bikes.
Sep 28, 2014 6:09 PM

Aug 2014
Meokii said:
Rukie said:

Mei is weird

Aren't we all?
Rukie said:
You must really hate bikes.

I do.
Sep 28, 2014 6:11 PM

Aug 2013
Become a yes man.
Sep 28, 2014 6:13 PM

Dec 2012
Thread locked.

OP's question is very vague. Thread has also derailed into off-topic territory, in any case she's gotten a few useful replies already.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Have you ever put someone on the 'Ignored Users' list?

Thy-Veseveia - May 7

26 by AdamBirch »»
40 minutes ago

» I got a girlfriend recently and she gets really emotional when i pay for things for her. Why do you think that is?

TheBlockernator - May 4

27 by AdamBirch »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » do godzilla or any other kaiju actually exist irl?

FruitPunchBaka - 3 hours ago

4 by Rhae »»
1 hour ago

» Are you aware of these Japanese memes?

Kiryotsu - May 4

18 by traed »»
1 hour ago

» Favorite places in Japan(to thos who have been to Japan) and where would you like to visit in the future when you go again?

KiraraFan - May 7

15 by kihel »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.