Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
Is Slaine the worst character of 2014?
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 20, 2014 8:02 PM

Mar 2012
AironicallyHuman said:
Gary Stu vs. Tormented Failure vs. Princess Moe--THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!

...what? It's entertaining. Everyone's a loser but the one taking pleasure from the exchanges.

Toucanbird said:
Slaine's actions and character motivations are confusing to me. What reason does he have to shoot Inaho?

You mean other than the fact Slaine knew Gary Stu had tried to kill him, and nearly succeeded, resulting in torture? And how that whole situation could've been avoided if Gary hadn't shot him down?

Other than that Slaine had no logical motivation for wanting to kill 'Orange', so I do see your point.

Fair point, but that still doesn't explain why Slaine is trying to help Saazbaum who is trying to kill the princess who he is trying to save.

The only thing I'd argue about your point is it was obvious Inaho wasn't trying "kill" Slaine. However, the reason why Slaine was tortured had more to do with Cruhteo not trusting him than anything else. So, I don't think you can really put that on Inaho.

What makes me mad is obviously Slaine is mad at Saazbaum and shoots him multiple times...although I'm not sure if he did mortally since we see Saazbaum point to his forehead when Slaine's gun jams up (or ran out of bullets? Which would be a plot hole the size of Mars). However, instead of hilling Saazbaum directly, he shoots Inaho in the head because he wants to try and help the princess?

The thing I don't see is what is there to gain by killing Inaho unless he's completely against the UEF who tried to save the princess?

Nevermind, I'm just getting a headache trying to figure Slaine out.
Sep 20, 2014 8:14 PM

Nov 2012
Slaine is now the only reason I'm gonna watch ss2

A fucking psychopath is what this show needs
Sep 20, 2014 8:15 PM

Jun 2007
Toucanbird said:
Fair point, but that still doesn't explain why Slaine is trying to help Saazbaum who is trying to kill the princess who he is trying to save.

The only thing I'd argue about your point is it was obvious Inaho wasn't trying "kill" Slaine. However, the reason why Slaine was tortured had more to do with Cruhteo not trusting him than anything else. So, I don't think you can really put that on Inaho.

What makes me mad is obviously Slaine is mad at Saazbaum and shoots him multiple times...although I'm not sure if he did mortally since we see Saazbaum point to his forehead when Slaine's gun jams up (or ran out of bullets? Which would be a plot hole the size of Mars). However, instead of hilling Saazbaum directly, he shoots Inaho in the head because he wants to try and help the princess?

The thing I don't see is what is there to gain by killing Inaho unless he's completely against the UEF who tried to save the princess?

Slaine wasn't trying to kill the princess, or help the count: he was trying to find the princess and get her out in the midst of the carnage. His allegiance was conflicted after getting to know / understand the count and being saved by him, then set free with a robot (nice guy). He realised the count wasn't sinister-evil and saw him as a person with justification for his actions. So, when he saw the guy that shot him down about to kill the guy that had just freed/saved him, he acted without thinking; both to pay his saviour back and get revenge on the other in one go.

He tried to please everyone and pleased no-one, basically. He was indecisive about the count; neither helping nor stopping him... only to end up helping him kill the princess inadvertently. The action of an honourable idiot whose kindness only served to make everything worse. That's what they were going for with his character. Now, in S2, that might leave room for growth, with harsh lessons having been learned. Or, he could repeat the same mistakes anew.

It wasn't OBVIOUS Gary Stu wanted to kill Slaine, no, but if someone blew me up whilst declaring me their enemy, I'd go with assuming the worst as a rule of thumb. It's cause and effect--whatever Gary wanted, what happened happened. And the same is true for Slaine's actions in the final ep. Everyone is responsible for the results of their actions rather than intent.

If you want another, simpler answer as to why Slaine shot Gary: jealousy. How would you feel if, after desperately trying to save the girl, you arrive to see her fawning over some arsehole that shot you out of the sky? Seeing them having a lovers' end wouldn't make the spurned party too happy.

Jul 2012
HopeLight said:
That's Inaho.
הלב שלי כבר מת

Mar 2013
He is a confusing character, a person with disturbing and complex emotions. For me this is the plot to make him the main antagonist in the next season.

But really... WORST character of the season? ahahaha don't make me laugh.

How about TATSUYA GOD Gary stu from mahouka? Or Even his Sister Miyuki (ONI SAMA ONI SAMA ONIIIII FUCKING SAMA?)?
How about Demoniac Justice from Akame ga Kill?
Sep 20, 2014 8:20 PM

Mar 2012
AironicallyHuman said:
Toucanbird said:

Slaine wasn't trying to kill the princess, or help the count: he was trying to find the princess and get her out in the midst of the carnage. His allegiance was conflicted after getting to know / understand the count and being saved by him, then set free with a robot (nice guy). He realised the count wasn't sinister-evil and saw him as a person with justification for his actions. So, when he saw the guy that shot him down about to kill the guy that had just freed/saved him, he acted without thinking; both to pay his saviour back and get revenge on the other in one go.

He tried to please everyone and pleased no-one, basically. He was indecisive about the count; neither helping nor stopping him... only to end up helping him kill the princess inadvertently. The action of an honourable idiot whose kindness only served to make everything worse. That's what they were going for with his character. Now, in S2, that might leave room for growth, with harsh lessons having been learned. Or, he could repeat the same mistakes anew.

It wasn't OBVIOUS Gary Stu wanted to kill Slaine, no, but if someone blew me up whilst declaring me their enemy, I'd go with assuming the worst as a rule of thumb. It's cause and effect--whatever Gary wanted, what happened happened. And the same is true for Slaine's actions in the final ep. Everyone is responsible for the results of their actions rather than intent.

If you want another, simpler answer as to why Slaine shot Gary: jealousy. How would you feel if, after desperately trying to save the girl, you arrive to see her fawning over some arsehole that shot you out of the sky? Seeing them having a lovers' end wouldn't make the spurned party too happy.

Good points, all around. That explanation does make sense.
Sep 20, 2014 8:22 PM

Mar 2012
julyachan said:
He is a confusing character, a person with disturbing and complex emotions. For me this is the plot to make him the main antagonist in the next season.

But really... WORST character of the season? ahahaha don't make me laugh.

How about TATSUYA GOD Gary stu from mahouka? Or Even his Sister Miyuki (ONI SAMA ONI SAMA ONIIIII FUCKING SAMA?)?
How about Demoniac Justice from Akame ga Kill?

Yeah, I'd agree Tatsuya is a worse character...and shit, I still haven't seen the last 1/3 of that series. I'm sure his character probably didn't improve since episode 16.
Sep 20, 2014 8:22 PM

May 2013
'I don't know what to feel about him' option?
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 20, 2014 8:26 PM

Mar 2013
Toucanbird said:

Yeah, I'd agree Tatsuya is a worse character...and shit, I still haven't seen the last 1/3 of that series. I'm sure his character probably didn't improve since episode 16.

Oh man I'm watching just to give that shit a 3 with no regrets ahahhaha
But it was really a waste of time ;(((
Sep 20, 2014 8:28 PM

Oct 2012
Since when does hating a character = bad character? If anything Inaho is a far worse character than Slaine because he basically has no depth or personality what so ever. Its like saying Joffrey from GoT is a bad character because you loathe him, but that's the absolute point, he's not supposed to be a likable character.
Sep 20, 2014 8:32 PM

Dec 2012
Feaor said:
Since when does hating a character = bad character? If anything Inaho is a far worse character than Slaine because he basically has no depth or personality what so ever. Its like saying Joffrey from GoT is a bad character because you loathe him, but that's the absolute point, he's not supposed to be a likable character.

Its not just abotu hating him... can you tell me one situation where he had a positive impact on the story line for either side?! Hes totaly usless to what ever side he is on. and ON TOP of being usless hes a retard and we hate him = worst character of 2014 easy. you can argue Seryuu from akame ga kill is up there but atleast she is a good villain unlike slaine who is literaly good at nothing
Sep 20, 2014 8:38 PM

Mar 2013
Feaor said:
Since when does hating a character = bad character? If anything Inaho is a far worse character than Slaine because he basically has no depth or personality what so ever.

yeap.
The only thing I can't understand is why he saved the fucking count. But we have to remember that Slaine's father has something to do with Saazbaum (that we don't know exactly). And of course he see Inaho/Orange as his enemy (Inaho left him for death and he's got caught and tortured). And when he stoped Inaho he didn't know that the princess was so close! Everything happened so fast!

The only thing I can say is that Slaine have a lot of complex. But that makes him the worst character?
Not really.

What I see is the seed to make a good villain.
Sep 20, 2014 8:38 PM
Jul 2018
He got tired of everyone's shit
Sep 20, 2014 8:40 PM

Oct 2012
Cunning said:
Feaor said:

Its not just abotu hating him... can you tell me one situation where he had a positive impact on the story line for either side?! Hes totaly usless to what ever side he is on. and ON TOP of being usless hes a retard and we hate him = worst character of 2014 easy. you can argue Seryuu from akame ga kill is up there but atleast she is a good villain unlike slaine who is literaly good at nothing
Yea he's the reason why the second half was actually interesting by being a character with personality, who is very conflicted with where he belongs in the war. He's the foil to Inaho's robotic personality by being very emotional and human. He's basically the only really complex character out of the three MCs.
Sep 20, 2014 8:44 PM

Dec 2012
Feaor said:
Cunning said:

Yea he's the reason why the second half was actually interesting by being a character with personality, who is very conflicted with where he belongs in the war. He's the foil to Inaho's robotic personality by being very emotional and human. He's basically the only really complex character out of the three MCs.

i never said he wasnt complex, hes a character who is willing to save the man who is trying to kill the girl he wants to save... LMFAO its unreal how idiotic and unrealistic his character is. put it this way, would YOU save a man from death who is adamently trying to kill the woman YOU love?? i dont think so
Sep 20, 2014 8:45 PM
Jul 2012
from what happened at the end of the op, i was waiting for the princess to shoot either inaho or slaine, did not expect the ending we got, tho time to wait till jan for s2
Sep 20, 2014 8:45 PM

Apr 2011
He's not the worst character of 2014, he's the worst character of the series.

Can't say he's the worse this year if we haven't watch anime coming at Fall.
MagitoSep 20, 2014 8:50 PM
Sep 20, 2014 8:50 PM

Mar 2013
Cunning said:
i never said he wasnt complex, hes a character who is willing to save the man who is trying to kill the girl he wants to save... LMFAO its unreal how idiotic and unrealistic his character is. put it this way, would YOU save a man from death who is adamently trying to kill the woman YOU love?? i dont think so

1) When Saazbaum took Slaine from Chrutheo's Ship he told him something about Slaine's father. They have a conection that wasn't so explained.
2) He considered Inaho as his enemy.
3) when he stoped Inaho he didn't know that the princess was so close.
4) We see how disturbing he's feelings became, when he starts to shoot Saazbaum.

That makes him a bad character? don't think so. really.
Sep 20, 2014 8:52 PM

Jul 2010
Cunning said:
Feaor said:

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY. Slaine must be retarded or he just didn't care about the princess all this time...maybe that was the real twist *sigh*
Sep 20, 2014 8:57 PM

Dec 2013
Slaine is very likable character. What he did is justifiable.
Not to mention none of the characters actually died with the S2 coming up

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Sep 20, 2014 8:59 PM

Dec 2012
10th_man_down said:
Cunning said:

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY. Slaine must be retarded or he just didn't care about the princess all this time...maybe that was the real twist *sigh*

yea lol people dont seem to understand that slaine knew saazbaum has been trying to kill her ever since the whole chrutheo incident but we see him saving him when it matterd the most, yes their are arguments that try to explain why he is the way he is but they pale in comparison to everything else that is wrong with his unrealistic thought process and outrageously poor judgment.
Sep 20, 2014 9:00 PM

Oct 2010
Savethebestforu said:
Darklight0303 said:

Nope definitely Slaine. he's almost tied with Demonic Justice girl from Akame ga Kill

I've seen you around everywhere shitting on Slaine. I frankly don't even know why people are hating on Slaine. He turned A/Z on it's head and made everyone excited for January.

Before this, it was the Plot Armored Bad Ass leading his harem into battle and winning every time. Inaho was probably the least interesting character in the show. Not to mention he was ALWAYS against the odds and still managed to "outsmart" every enemy every time. It's funny that the one episode that he is faced with adversity, he dies.

And look at this from Slaine's point of view, guys. He saved Saazbaum due to his bad past with "Orange". In a second that could determine everything, he saw someone that he understood/knew about to be killed by someone that he thought was more of an enemy than the Count was. I, for one, love what Slaine did. It was tragic. It was split-second. It was realistic. It was...human. He's not a robot that thinks every situation through 1000 times in his sleep like Inaho. He is a normal person that acts irrationally at times, because human beings make mistakes. Yeah, it was the totally wrong decision...but that's what makes it interesting. That's what make future complex characters.

evryone just hate Inaho ..saying he is cold harsh blahblahblah and slain is likable is more like human ...but who cares I hate human,this kind of animal personally
Signature Removed
Sep 20, 2014 10:00 PM

Jun 2013
Cunning said:

yea lol people dont seem to understand that slaine knew saazbaum has been trying to kill her ever since the whole chrutheo incident but we see him saving him when it mattered the most, yes their are arguments that try to explain why he is the way he is but they pale in comparison to everything else that is wrong with his unrealistic thought process and outrageously poor judgment.

You are kind of missing the entire point people are trying to hammer into your brain. I don't know if it's willful ignorance or what?

Slaine had gone most of his time on Mars with only 1 person treating him like a human being. When Slaine was "captured" by Saazbaum, he still believes that he saved him from certain death at the hands of Cruhteo. Saazbaum was the only martian other than the Princess that showed him kindness of any sort. He told him the motivation for his treachery and shared his deep rooted emotional turmoil with him. On top of that, he lets him go and choose his path for himself. He gives him the gift of common human respect and of free will in the war.

That takes us to the 5-10 seconds that he finds Saazbum on the brink of death. Who is he about to be killed by? Orange, the bastard that almost killed him and is taking advantage of the Princess. That takes me back to my point. You can say that Slaine's entire motivation is saving the Princess, but Slaine is/was also the most conflicted character in the show. Even in this very episode, he is questioning what side he was really on. He had always just been on the Princess' side.

Even though the Count's goal was what Slaine was fighting against, he still respected Saazbaum as a person for what he did for him. At that very moment, he valued Saazbaum as a comerade when seeing him about to meet his end at the hands of Inaho. It was a combination of paying back a debt (saving Saazbaum since he saved Slaine) and also revenge for what Inaho did to him after the fight with the red haired girl.

It's tragic...It's realistic....It's...human

He had no idea the Princess was so close to him and he probably wasn't thinking when he tried to eliminate Inaho. His actions have severe consquences, but that's what makes him a complex character. Yeah, he isn't a plot driving robot that has every single solution to every problem ever faced (like another character we know/knew). Now his whole reason for getting involved in the war is over and it's all his fault. How will his character progress?
SavethebestforuSep 20, 2014 10:04 PM
Sep 20, 2014 10:14 PM

Nov 2012
Savethebestforu said:
Cunning said:

yea lol people dont seem to understand that slaine knew saazbaum has been trying to kill her ever since the whole chrutheo incident but we see him saving him when it mattered the most, yes their are arguments that try to explain why he is the way he is but they pale in comparison to everything else that is wrong with his unrealistic thought process and outrageously poor judgment.

You are kind of missing the entire point people are trying to hammer into your brain. I don't know if it's willful ignorance or what?

Slaine had gone most of his time on Mars with only 1 person treating him like a human being. When Slaine was "captured" by Saazbaum, he still believes that he saved him from certain death at the hands of Cruhteo. Saazbaum was the only martian other than the Princess that showed him kindness of any sort. He told him the motivation for his treachery and shared his deep rooted emotional turmoil with him. On top of that, he lets him go and choose his path for himself. He gives him the gift of common human respect and of free will in the war.

That takes us to the 5-10 seconds that he finds Saazbum on the brink of death. Who is he about to be killed by? Orange, the bastard that almost killed him and is taking advantage of the Princess. That takes me back to my point. You can say that Slaine's entire motivation is saving the Princess, but Slaine is/was also the most conflicted character in the show. Even in this very episode, he is questioning what side he was really on. He had always just been on the Princess' side.

Even though the Count's goal was what Slaine was fighting against, he still respected Saazbaum as a person for what he did for him. At that very moment, he valued Saazbaum as a comerade when seeing him about to meet his end at the hands of Inaho. It was a combination of paying back a debt (saving Saazbaum since he saved Slaine) and also revenge for what Inaho did to him after the fight with the red haired girl.

It's tragic...It's realistic....It's...human

He had no idea the Princess was so close to him and he probably wasn't thinking when he tried to eliminate Inaho. His actions have severe consquences, but that's what makes him a complex character. Yeah, he isn't a plot driving robot that has every single solution to every problem ever faced (like another character we know/knew). Now his whole reason for getting involved in the war is over and it's all his fault. How will his character progress?

I just love your reply
+10000, Slaine is the best character this show has offered
Sep 20, 2014 10:14 PM
Jan 2014
Slaine may be the worst character to some of you guys but you can't deny that he makes this show way more interesting than Inaho. I mean just look at this episode, even though he did some questionable stuffs look how interesting the series has become. I swear Mal score for this series had jump from 405 or so to 356 just after this episode. Inaho in the other hand just basically out wits most of his opponents and win which can be very boring. I don't really like neither of the characters but slaine make this series a lot more interesting. People love to see the struggles a character has to go through.
Sep 20, 2014 10:20 PM

Jun 2013
Kuro_Kishi said:

I just love your reply

Thank you, really. Honestly I'm just defending the few good things that came out of the first part. The sudden amount of Slaine haters just astounds my roommate and I. He is what is driving the story and his motivations actually make sense when you look at it from his eyes. People are mad that he doesn't take the logical approach like Inaho, but I bet you anything that many people would do the same thing Slaine did in the moment of his decision. Keep in mind that these are 15 and 16 year olds making these decisions...
Sep 20, 2014 10:22 PM

Feb 2012
Inaho and Kaneki are tied for shit characters of the year.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2014 10:25 PM
Jan 2014
Savethebestforu said:
Kuro_Kishi said:

I just love your reply

Thank you, really. Honestly I'm just defending the few good things that came out of the first part. The sudden Slaine haters just astounds my roommate and I. He is what is driving the story and his motivations actually make sense when you look at it from his eyes. People are mad that he doesn't take the logical approach like Inaho, but I bet you anything that many people would do the same thing Slaine did at the moment of his decision.

Yep totally agree slaine just made this series a lot more interesting in this episode. Just a week ago he was fan favourite but now everybody hate him. I honestly don't care about his character and personally think that rayet is the best character but slaine slaine does make this series interesting and he will most liekly be a villain in season 2 with his obsession lol. He'll be Mr freeze 2.0
Sep 20, 2014 10:29 PM

Feb 2013
Lol cannot understand why you people like "good for nothing" character like Slaine
His personality is bot better than Inaho, he lack the determination to resolve, he is not smart, he is not brave, he is not strong!!! What he did basically just ruin everything!!!
Okay, he can drive aldnoah now, then how he will make it? With such personality I believe he will commit suicide or he will be ultimate antagonist
Sep 20, 2014 10:31 PM

Jun 2013
clash45 said:

Yep totally agree slaine just made this series a lot more interesting in this episode. Just a week ago he was fan favourite but now everybody hate him. I honestly don't care about his character and personally think that rayet is the best character but slaine slaine does make this series interesting and he will most liekly be a villain in season 2 with his obsession lol. He'll be Mr freeze 2.0

Honestly, the biggest problem with Rayet is also the biggest problem with Slaine. Their potential was wasted greatly. Honestly, these 2 could have been the clear stars of the show instead of Inaho and the Princess. But, Rayet's character interaction was limited to only Inaho and Seylum, while Slaine only interacted with basically 2 characters the ENTIRE first season (Cruhteo and Saazbum). Both needed more character interaction with the main cast to develop their personalities further, but it was sacrificed for countless amounts of Inaho's miracle battle strategies.
Sep 20, 2014 10:36 PM
Jan 2014
alchem1485 said:
Lol cannot understand why you people like "good for nothing" character like Slaine
His personality is bot better than Inaho, he lack the determination to resolve, he is not smart, he is not brave, he is not strong!!! What he did basically just ruin everything!!!
Okay, he can drive aldnoah now, then how he will make it? With such personality I believe he will commit suicide or he will be ultimate antagonist

I really don't like his character but he did make this season way more interesting than Inaho. For example when Inaho enters battle with a martian knight we know that he'll most likely win every battle which to me gets repetitive and boring. While slaine going through struggles and putting himself through difficult situations is way more interesting. You can't deny that slaine killing Inaho made this series a lot more interesting.
Sep 20, 2014 10:36 PM

Jun 2014
Slaine isn't even the worst character in Aldnoah.Zero.
Sep 20, 2014 10:39 PM

Dec 2012
Savethebestforu said:
Cunning said:

and your not?? lmfao
Sep 20, 2014 10:39 PM
Jan 2014
Savethebestforu said:
clash45 said:

Honestly, the biggest problem with Rayet is also the biggest problem with Slaine. Their potential was wasted greatly. Honestly, these 2 could have been the clear stars of the show instead of Inaho and the Princess. But, Rayet's character interaction was limited to only Inaho and Seylum, while Slaine only interacted with basically 2 characters the ENTIRE first season (Cruhteo and Saazbum). Both needed more character interaction with the main cast to develop their personalities further, but it was sacrificed for countless amounts of Inaho's miracle battle strategies.

That's true but that is why the writer killed off Inaho and the princess will most likely be in some kind of vegetative state in season 2. I see rayet and slaine having a lot more screen time in season 2 and rayet will most likely be the new orange, since she has a reason to fight the martians.
Sep 20, 2014 10:43 PM

Jun 2013
Cunning said:

and your not?? lmfao

Noice bait m8
Sep 20, 2014 10:49 PM
Jan 2013
you mean nice b8 m8
Sep 20, 2014 10:51 PM
Jun 2013
Savethebestforu said:
Darklight0303 said:

Nope definitely Slaine. he's almost tied with Demonic Justice girl from Akame ga Kill

I've seen you around everywhere shitting on Slaine. I frankly don't even know why people are hating on Slaine. He turned A/Z on it's head and made everyone excited for January.

Before this, it was the Plot Armored Bad Ass leading his harem into battle and winning every time. Inaho was probably the least interesting character in the show. Not to mention he was ALWAYS against the odds and still managed to "outsmart" every enemy every time. It's funny that the one episode that he is faced with adversity, he dies.

And look at this from Slaine's point of view, guys. He saved Saazbaum due to his bad past with "Orange". In a second that could determine everything, he saw someone that he understood/knew about to be killed by someone that he thought was more of an enemy than the Count was. I, for one, love what Slaine did. It was tragic. It was split-second. It was realistic. It was...human. He's not a robot that thinks every situation through 1000 times in his sleep like Inaho. He is a normal person that acts irrationally at times, because human beings make mistakes. Yeah, it was the totally wrong decision...but that's what makes it interesting. That's what make future complex characters.

I can agree with you on Inaho, but not so much regarding Slaine. And the latter is my favorite character in the show! (MOCK ME IF YOU WILL but I'm a sucker for the knight / princess dynamic, heh).

From the get-go, Slaine was willing to do anything for his princess. Shoot martian who just revealed he wanted her dead? Check. Contact emperor at great risk to himself to try to see her safely home? Check. Fly off into battle against stronger enemies to try to protect her? Check.

And then, when he comes face to face with the guy who ADMITS HE TRIED TO KILL HER and STILL WANTS TO, what does he do? Doesn't pull the trigger. Alright, Slaine, it probably would've been pretty stupid to shoot Greasybum right in the middle of his castle anyway. But then SAVING HIS LIFE while he was trying to reach the princess to kill her?!? ?!?!?!? SLAINE HOW STUPID CAN YOU BEEE.

Like honestly, the "split second human decision" thing falls flat with me when in every other similar princess-in-danger situation he swiftly made the right calls. :/

Accordingly I'm feeling pretty let down with Slaine (and the anime itself) right now; about the only aspect of this episode that I appreciated was all the crazy faces and Inaho getting shot. Mr. Perfect Robot getting all emotional for the princess at the end was just too much to handle, haha. I DON'T TRUST YOUR FEELINGS, ROBOTS HAVE NONEEE.
Sep 20, 2014 10:55 PM

Dec 2012
Savethebestforu said:
Cunning said:

and your not?? lmfao

Noice bait m8

first of all that long winded response you typed to me contradicts itself many times over. SECONDLY u act like ur making valid points that i dont alreadyknow.. i dont understand.
Knowing saazbaum's objective once he seens him in combat its only logical to think that the princess must be reear by since all he wants to do is kill her but instead he saves him who might i add a few moments later shoots him down with no remorse for doing what his goal was the entire time(to kill her) SHOCKER
you dont seem to understand what im saying, Slaine clearly lacks the ability to asses the situation and even worse judgment. he only lives in the moment he doesnt even think ahead, but im tired of arguing about this im entitled to my opinion as you are yours. but the people have spoken. 77 to 68 for worst char 2014.
Also as we move on to the second season with what looks like a slaine MC, we cant help but wonder what this one dimensional character will do to drive the storyline since his only goal(reach the princess) can no longer happen barring some bullshit asspull. we are left to wonder what will be his motives. season 2 does not look very promising to me
Sep 20, 2014 11:02 PM

Jun 2008
Yeah, save the guy that swears to kill your precious princess no matter what...

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Sep 20, 2014 11:05 PM

Dec 2012
kaimax said:
Yeah, save the guy that swears to kill your precious princess no matter what...

^^ there is literaly no bigger point to me made than this
Sep 20, 2014 11:12 PM

Mar 2014
I may not like Inaho but I hate Slaine more
Sep 21, 2014 12:24 AM

Nov 2012
Worst because you feel hate to him or worst because he's bad written?
Sep 21, 2014 12:31 AM

Jan 2013
>implying that kirito isnt the worst character of 2014
Sep 21, 2014 12:32 AM

Mar 2011
I dont know if he is the worst but he is certainly the most retarded character of 2014. He is literally the type of character I hate the most in anime. He is an overemotional character who is constatly doing dumb decisions and completly incapable of using his brain.
Sep 21, 2014 12:51 AM

Jul 2010
He's far from the worst character. Just because he killed the main character... meh. He's actually one of the most interesting chracters on the show, but that's not saying much as it's the one of it's weakest aspects.
MEsoJDSep 21, 2014 12:54 AM
Sep 21, 2014 12:52 AM

Oct 2013
No
Sep 21, 2014 12:54 AM

Mar 2011
MEsoJD said:
He's far from the worst character. Just because he killed the main character... meh.

No, its because he saved the very same person he knew he wanted the princess dead and thanks to that the princess actually died. And I thought that his whole motivation in the series was to save the princess but I guess not.
Sep 21, 2014 1:21 AM

Jul 2014
Hated =/= Badly written

Poor judgement =/= unrealistic

Look at OP throwing around one-dimensional like he knows what it means. Slaine fucked up but he was still better written than Inaho. Well shit even Count Saazbaum was better written than Inaho.
Sep 21, 2014 1:25 AM

Mar 2014
So there are people that hate Slaine? People that think he's the worst character of 2014? When SAO2 is also airing?
Sep 21, 2014 1:43 AM

Jun 2012
no

- I only draw freestyle! -
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.