Forums
New
Who is the most powerful Servant?
Sep 2, 2014 7:46 AM
Sep 2014
Sep 2, 2014 8:31 AM

Jul 2007
Is this srs?

Out of all three, only one is a half-demigod king of alien-like civilizaton who can travel past the speed of light, break apart reality with swipes of his sword and literally, kill whole earth with his sword.

Saber has good stats and magic-res, but pretty awful selection of NPS, which all equal to "beam of light" and abilities>stats in nasuverse.

Archer has very shitty stats and all of his more powerful stuff requires shitload of mana, so realistically the only servant he can truly beat is Gilgamesh, due to UBW being a natural counter to GOB...and that is only if Gil is not serious and allows Archer to cast UBW.

So yeah, Gil is canonically stated to be "The Strongest Servant".
Sep 2, 2014 9:54 AM

Aug 2009
No need to ask him if he is serious when you dont even know if he is a VN reader.

inb4 Saber(xShirou) fanboys voting for Saber.
Sep 2, 2014 2:52 PM

Nov 2013
Saber sucks and the only reason she "beat" Archer is because he went easy on her.

Archer has no chance against Gil. That is, of course, if Gil did not see him as worthless mongrel trash.
Sep 2, 2014 3:31 PM

Mar 2011
Fai said:
Is this srs?

realistically the only servant he can truly beat is Gilgamesh, due to UBW being a natural counter to GOB...and that is only if Gil is not serious and allows Archer to cast UBW.

Archer can also realistcally beat Caster

Anyway Gilgamesh is by far the strongest servant in the entire fate frenchise. I think I remember reading somewhere that he could easily defeat all Fate/Zero servants in a single night if he actually tried. Enuma Elish>everything
Sep 2, 2014 3:32 PM

Jul 2013
Fucking secondaries.
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Sep 2, 2014 3:34 PM

Nov 2013
Ok so I'm not saying Saber is stronger, but... We haven't seen much Saber+Avalon though. Wouldn't she stand a fair chance if she used it properly?
Sep 2, 2014 3:37 PM

Mar 2013
F/Z servants are stronger than FSN servants.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2014 3:39 PM

Aug 2009
doom19876 said:
Ok so I'm not saying Saber is stronger, but... We haven't seen much Saber+Avalon though. Wouldn't she stand a fair chance if she used it properly?
Avalon does nothing except from isolating her from everything.Nobody can touch her but she cant do anything else either.
Mycelistsukiyo said:

Nice joke.
Sep 2, 2014 3:40 PM

Jul 2013
Mycelistsukiyo said:

Whoa. For a minute there, I could have sworn I had just read something stupid.

Wait fuck, I don't even know if you're baiting.
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Sep 2, 2014 3:46 PM

Nov 2013
ssjokg said:
Avalon does nothing except from isolating her from everything.Nobody can touch her but she cant do anything else either.

Eh that sounds pretty powerful to me. Never getting hit sounds pretty good. I mean if you can dodge stuff at will...
Sep 2, 2014 4:00 PM

Aug 2009
doom19876 said:
ssjokg said:

Eh that sounds pretty powerful to me. Never getting hit sounds pretty good. I mean if you can dodge stuff at will...

As I said she cant do anything else either.

Unless if the enemy gets bored and give up her chances at winning dont get really high.
Sep 2, 2014 4:20 PM

Nov 2013
Who says she has to stay isolated the whole time? Can't she just use it whenever gil throws something at her?

She can already sort of dodge it, but if she can fully dodge a Gáe Bulg for example that would make her really strong wouldn't it?

I mean yes ok in terms of direct power it's not much, but isn't it the way you use it?
Sep 2, 2014 4:55 PM

Sep 2013
Avalon isolates its user in another world, which means Saber is stuck at the place where she uses it. That's how it works. She can't just run around without a care and be invincible the entire time. The moment she leaves Avalon, she's dead. At best, she'll reach a stalemate because Gil can't kill her as long as she stays inside.
Sep 2, 2014 6:42 PM

Aug 2009
^This.
And you also assume that Avalon doesn't use mana.
Sep 2, 2014 8:12 PM

Nov 2013
JabonHR said:
Mycelistsukiyo said:

Pretty sure it was just bait..
Sep 2, 2014 8:23 PM
Sep 2007
Gilgamesh.
Sep 3, 2014 2:57 PM

Nov 2013
I'd still say Avalon is a really effective way of dodging projectiles/slashes/all kinds of movements.
Sep 3, 2014 3:19 PM

Aug 2009
doom19876 said:
I'd still say Avalon is a really effective way of dodging projectiles/slashes/all kinds of movements.
And you are right.

But it doesn't do anything else.
Sep 3, 2014 4:35 PM

Nov 2013
doom19876 said:
Defense does not make you win. Avalon is not an offensive weapon and cannot be used as such. You can't win if you don't attack.

She can hide there all she wants but the moment she leaves to try to win she turns into mincemeat.
Sep 3, 2014 6:39 PM

Aug 2009
I remember Nasu making a joke about it.Will look it up when I go home.
Jan 16, 2017 12:49 PM
Nov 2014
"so realistically the only servant he can truly beat is Gilgamesh, due to UBW being a natural counter to GOB"

Reality marble can't beat Gilgamesh as seen in fate zero where he destroyed Iskandar's whole army with ease.
Jun 28, 2017 7:22 PM
Jun 2017
Pinataa said:
"so realistically the only servant he can truly beat is Gilgamesh, due to UBW being a natural counter to GOB"

Reality marble can't beat Gilgamesh as seen in fate zero where he destroyed Iskandar's whole army with ease.

You seem to forget that the charge time for ea by servant standards are is absurd. And UBW has the highest weapon draw speed. Mix that with the sparks liner high ending from heavens feel and it becomes obvious that archer was never using his full potential against anyone.
Jun 7, 2019 2:28 PM
Jun 2019
Why are Arthur and Gilgamesh the only constants in fate/stay sagas?
Jun 14, 2019 9:27 AM

Aug 2009
Moetony said:
Why are Arthur and Gilgamesh the only constants in fate/stay sagas?

Because Gil is the big bad villain of the original and Saber isthe main heroine of the first anime and Zero.
Jul 6, 2019 10:50 AM
Feb 2019
JabonHR said:
Mycelistsukiyo said:

Well, I see everybody arguing about F/SN servants being superior, but if we do compare :
- Rider (F/SN) is clearly inferior to Iskandar, whose Ionian Hetairoi is clealry comparable to a GoB or an UBW.
- Archer is nothing compared to Gilgamesh
- Well, Saber is Saber
- Lancelot actually challenged Gil while having a weak master, while Heracles was killed 7 times in once by a fake excalibur
- The lancers are about equal, because Gae bolga is better than Gáe Buidhe & Gáe Dearg, but Diarmuid also masters the swords Móralltach & Beagalltach, and seems to fight better (we have to remember he single-handedly killed 3400 in a single battle)
- Hasan is the only true Assassin

On the other hand :
- Sasaki Kôjirô is a better fighter
- Medea is a powerful wizard while Gilles de Rais is nothing without his noble phantasm

Thus, Why ? It's a genuine question waiting for a real and constructive answer
LeYopJul 27, 2019 2:29 PM
Jul 26, 2019 9:45 AM

Aug 2009
LeYop said:
JabonHR said:

Well, I see everybody arguing about F/SN servants being superior, but if we do compare :
- Rider (F/SN) is clearly inferior to Iskandar, whose IIonian Hatiaroi is clealry comparable to a GoB or an UBW.
- Well, Saber is Saber
- Lancelot actually challenged Gil while having a weak master, while Heracles was killed 7 times in once by a fake excalibur
- The lancers are about equal, because Gae bolga is better than Gáe Buidhe & Gáe Dearg, but Diarmuid also masters the swords Móralltach & Beagalltach, and seems to fight better (we have to remember he single-handedly killed 3400 in a single battle)

On the other hand :
- Medea is a powerful wizard while Gilles de Rais is nothing without his noble phantasm

Sigh...lets go.

FSN Rider can kill FZ Rider AND his army in the fastest way compared to everyone else, including Gilgamesh.

Yes Archer is nothing compared to Gil but Gil is a FSN Servant as well.

Lancelot didnt challenge Gil.Lancelot countered less NPs than even Shirou when he was outside UBW.The LN makes it clear that the next spam would kill him and he was lucky Tokiomi was an idiot.
Heracles was killed by Artoria's original sword, which by no means is fake, and if Herc fought lancelot it would be a question of how fast Herc can bitch slap him.Lancelot cant do anything in that fight.Oh and he would die by the "fake Excalibur" as well.

Cu has faced entire armies alone.Has Runes magic and warp spams.Cu when he stabbed himself to the heart, got himself up, killed his Master and a put a castle on fire.Diarmuid died like a bitch.

>Hasan is the only true Assassin

FZ Hassan wins only because of numbers.IF Sasaki is slow enough he loses.Then again, this is the guy that fought full power Saber while he was fading and didnt give a shit about her massive advantage.

Jul 27, 2019 2:28 PM
Feb 2019
ssjokg said:
LeYop said:

- Rider (F/SN) is clearly inferior to Iskandar, whose IIonian Hatiaroi is clealry comparable to a GoB or an UBW.
- Well, Saber is Saber

On the other hand :

Sigh...lets go.

FSN Rider can kill FZ Rider AND his army in the fastest way compared to everyone else, including Gilgamesh.

Lancelot didnt challenge Gil.Lancelot countered less NPs than even Shirou when he was outside UBW.The LN makes it clear that the next spam would kill him and he was lucky Tokiomi was an idiot.
Heracles was killed by Artoria's original sword, which by no means is fake, and if Herc fought lancelot it would be a question of how fast Herc can bitch slap him.Lancelot cant do anything in that fight.Oh and he would die by the "fake Excalibur" as well.

Cu has faced entire armies alone.Has Runes magic and warp spams.Cu when he stabbed himself to the heart, got himself up, killed his Master and a put a castle on fire.Diarmuid died like a bitch.

FZ Hassan wins only because of numbers.IF Sasaki is slow enough he loses.Then again, this is the guy that fought full power Saber while he was fading and didnt give a shit about her massive advantage.

Even though I don't understand F/SN Rider's power (she always was described a weak and was killed even while using her Noble Phantasm) (I'm going to document myself about it), I appreciate the answer.
Thanks !
Jul 27, 2019 2:35 PM

Aug 2009
LeYop said:
ssjokg said:

Sigh...lets go.

Even though I don't understand F/SN Rider's power (she always was described a weak and was killed even while using her Noble Phantasm) (I'm going to document myself about it), I appreciate the answer.
Thanks !

In Fate she was killed by Excalibur which is no joke(till you compare it to Ea) and in UBW she is tricked just like Saber was. Who the Master is and if the Servant wants to go at it at 100% is a factor.
And her Noble Phantasm isnt even the most terrifying thing about her.

I would post her fight in HF 2 but seems that it isnt on YT.
Jul 27, 2019 2:38 PM

Oct 2018
Gilgamesh xD

Dec 24, 2019 5:11 AM
Dec 2019
for the original --> obviously Gilgamesh, easy planet buster

zero/SN fights
Saber:hm, Zero because shirou don't have enough mana
Archer:... zero
Lancer: Stay night,, undodgeable attack from 40 kilometers away and instant kill on a luck check (e-rank luck for zero lancer)
Caster: Stay night
Assassin: Stay night, hassan weakest servant
Berserker: despite the advantage for lancelot, stay night. Arondight takes 5/6 lives and knight of the owner won't even take one. (knight of the owner was the advantage, but not strong enough).
Rider: interesting fight, the eye is useless, but, well, bellerophon is OP Stay night again
Which makes 4-3 for stay night
Gil can kill them all tough
Feb 24, 2020 10:49 AM

Sep 2019
I'm more of a Archer fan but the golden boi is powerful but then again if Archer uses reality marble then the outcome would be different.
Feb 27, 2020 3:41 PM

Aug 2009
typeOU said:

zero/SN fights
Lancer: Stay night,, undodgeable attack from 40 kilometers away and instant kill on a luck check (e-rank luck for zero lancer)
Berserker: despite the advantage for lancelot, stay night. Arondight takes 5/6 lives and knight of the owner won't even take one. (knight of the owner was the advantage, but not strong enough).
Rider: interesting fight, the eye is useless, but, well, bellerophon is OP Stay night again

How the hell are the Mystic Eyes of Petrification useless against Iskandar?
Jun 18, 2021 1:36 PM
Dec 2019
ssjokg said:
typeOU said:

zero/SN fights

number mostly. The mana cost would be ridiculous.
Jun 18, 2021 2:41 PM

Aug 2009
typeOU said:
ssjokg said:

It doesnt cost by the number of targets.

She only hast to use them for less time than she did against Archer or Saber Alter. She was using them for more than 10 minutes against Saber Alter AND she also used Bellerophon at the end.

Mana isnt that much of an issue.
Jun 20, 2021 12:33 PM
Dec 2019
ssjokg said:
typeOU said:

She only hast to use them for less time than she did against Archer or Saber Alter. She was using them for more than 10 minutes against Saber Alter AND she also used Bellerophon at the end.

it... does? see hollow ataraxia, it's litterally explained. Besides, she was going past her limit in her fight against saber alter. Anyway even if it was never explicitly said, it only makes sense, why would 1 be superior to 0 but 2 equal to 1?
Jun 20, 2021 12:53 PM

Aug 2009
typeOU said:
ssjokg said:

it... does? see hollow ataraxia, it's litterally explained. Besides, she was going past her limit in her fight against saber alter. Anyway even if it was never explicitly said, it only makes sense, why would 1 be superior to 0 but 2 equal to 1?

What does that even mean?

And yes she was past her limit against an opponent vastly superior to herself AND Iskandar and she was still fighting.
Jun 20, 2021 5:53 PM
Dec 2019
ssjokg said:
typeOU said:

And yes she was past her limit against an opponent vastly superior to herself AND Iskandar and she was still fighting.

way to miss the whole point. Stop putting your weird headcanon in it seriously, why would it cost more magical energy against stronger opponents? it loses in efficiency, that's it. Again, it was confirmed that it cost more magical energy the more targets there are in hollow ataraxia. It means that there's litterally no reason to think that not looking at anyone prevent it from costing mana but looking at multiple persons doesn't increase it
Jun 20, 2021 5:59 PM

Aug 2009
typeOU said:
ssjokg said:

way to miss the whole point. Stop putting your weird headcanon in it seriously, why would it cost more magical energy against stronger opponents? it loses in efficiency, that's it. Again, it was confirmed that it cost more magical energy the more targets there are in hollow ataraxia. It means that there's litterally no reason to think that not looking at anyone prevent it from costing mana but looking at multiple persons doesn't increase it
Who said that it costs more against stronger enemies?

I dont remember that part and even if true it was an endless horde of enemies. Not the same thing.
And she doesn't even need to petrify everyone.
AND all of them will be petrified instantly so even if she runs out of mana it isnt an issue.
Jun 20, 2021 6:16 PM
Jul 2018
I'd say Gil is probably the strongest servant. Saber is somehow said to be the strongest
servant but doesn't really do jack. Archer is technically Shirou who beat Gil using protagonist asspull plot armor but in UBW, Archer technically doesnt even have a single win.

Also Gil's noble phantasm is overpowered. I wonder why he didnt use the chains he used on rider in F/Z on shirou in F/SN
Jun 20, 2021 6:22 PM

Jan 2019
BlackCrow1 said:
I'd say Gil is probably the strongest servant. Saber is somehow said to be the strongest
servant but doesn't really do jack. Archer is technically Shirou who beat Gil using protagonist asspull plot armor but in UBW, Archer technically doesnt even have a single win.

Also Gil's noble phantasm is overpowered. I wonder why he didnt use the chains he used on rider in F/Z on shirou in F/SN
he didn't use enkidu for the same reason he didn't initially use ea. also shirou isn't divine
Jun 21, 2021 4:14 AM

Aug 2009
BlackCrow1 said:

The Saber Class is supposed to be the strongest, and the only reason that is believed is because the Saber class was able to reach the final fights in the last wars.

But Archer also did that in Zero and Saber reached the final fight out of plot convenience.

EMIYA Archer killed Caster and even Gil.

And nice to see people still not being able to accept Gil's defeat. All that salt is actually sweet to the taste.
Jun 21, 2021 4:16 AM
Jul 2018
@ssjokg, EMIYA double crossed Caster and Gil (Ok he shot Gil when he was being sucked by the grail but yeah whatever), doesnt count as a win imo, and Saber class was what I was referring to
Jun 21, 2021 4:23 AM

Aug 2009
BlackCrow1 said:
@ssjokg, EMIYA double crossed Caster and Gil (Ok he shot Gil when he was being sucked by the grail but yeah whatever), doesnt count as a win imo, and Saber class was what I was referring to

And Saber defeated Lancelot because dead man walking Kariya run out of mana....Yet it still counts as her victory and reaching the finals.
The Edelfelt sisters in the 3rd War had TWO Saber Servants and they were apparently humiliated(with one dying/eloped and the other running away) BUT on the records the Saber class reached the finals again.

EMIYA killing Caster after betraying her is still a feat, not so much of power but of brains.Same for Gil.

Jun 21, 2021 4:53 AM
Jul 2018
@ssjokg, yeah but that doesnt mean EMIYA is strong right? Saber too won both her major battles either due to conveniences
Jun 21, 2021 4:55 AM

Aug 2009
BlackCrow1 said:
@ssjokg, yeah but that doesnt mean EMIYA is strong right? Saber too won both her major battles either due to conveniences
He kills Heracles 6 times. That is pretty strong.
Jun 21, 2021 3:41 PM
Dec 2019
ssjokg said:
typeOU said:

I dont remember that part and even if true it was an endless horde of enemies. Not the same thing.
AND all of them will be petrified instantly so even if she runs out of mana it isnt an issue.

Rider herself

why is it different with an endless horde?
she doesn't have much of a choice, it's a line of sight AOE
dying is an issue

on another note, while I agree that EMIYA is probably a mid to upper mid servant (and has much better strategy than most), it is also true that his win against gil isn't much of a feat considering everything that happened
Jun 21, 2021 9:18 PM

Aug 2009
typeOU said:
ssjokg said:

Rider herself

why is it different with an endless horde?
she doesn't have much of a choice, it's a line of sight AOE
dying is an issue

on another note, while I agree that EMIYA is probably a mid to upper mid servant (and has much better strategy than most), it is also true that his win against gil isn't much of a feat considering everything that happened

Dude you mix up the effect's strength with magical energy. And it isnt "stronger" enemies that are an issue but those with high MAGIG, like Saber Alter. Power is irrelevant.

Why an endless horde is different? Do I have to explain why endless, infinite, is bigger than thousands? And she doesnt have to petrify them all.The more die the more unstable the RM gets.

ssjokgJun 22, 2021 1:20 AM

More topics from this board

» VN fan are annoying as Hell

chevalierkraken - Apr 23

26 by Lucifrost »»
9 hours ago

» Why do people consider 2006 Fate/Stay Night anime bad?

zckfox - May 13, 2023

45 by chevalierkraken »»
Apr 25, 10:10 AM

» Seriously bro

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Apr 9

10 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 10, 4:55 AM

Poll: » This or Unlimited Blade Works

Fukoku - Mar 28

13 by deg »»
Mar 31, 9:07 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ruzgfpegk - Jul 3, 2008

135 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 7, 8:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.