Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (30) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »
Sep 1, 2014 9:20 AM

Mar 2014
I havent noticed much improvement over the last couple of days other than the titles, other than that its all the same. My list (bellow) and I'm assuming everyone else's is still pretty screwed up.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/unitedkingdom97

Edit: I also don't know how the actual ratings got messed up or why. If you look at anyones list that shows ratings such as mine, you will see that there are no ratings for the affected anime.
unitedkingdom97Sep 1, 2014 9:26 AM
Click the pic for sheer awesomeness! If you feel like it...
Sep 1, 2014 9:23 AM

Jul 2008
vaikepois said:
Mahadev_Shiki said:
I am not sure what is happening, but surly looking at the DB Audits the account used to update the DB can be identified and locked.
Cant we just rollback, its been nearly 1 and half days now.

most definitely no rollback. I seriously don't remember my entry updates.. will be horrible to have rollback. I rather wait few weeks for staff to sort this out..

They will just have to rollback the Anime Information, our list just reflects the anime title, episode watched.
If MAL rollbacks the anime info like title, desc, total episode etc, I dont see how it will affect our list.
Then again it depends on how MAL has structured their architecture.
Seriously if this is the 4th time SSJ has hiit MAL, it shows how MALs security system is.
Sep 1, 2014 9:27 AM

Mar 2014
vaikepois said:
Mahadev_Shiki said:
I am not sure what is happening, but surly looking at the DB Audits the account used to update the DB can be identified and locked.
Cant we just rollback, its been nearly 1 and half days now.

most definitely no rollback. I seriously don't remember my entry updates.. will be horrible to have rollback. I rather wait few weeks for staff to sort this out..

How much anime could you have possibly watched in 1 day?
It should be easy to roll back to before the attack happened and keep your list in-tact.
I don't understand why people are against the site rolling back, it'd be a quick, simple fix and you'd only have to re-update a day's worth of anime watching, which shouldn't be too difficult to remember, since it was only one day ago.
::End of Transmission::

Sep 1, 2014 9:28 AM

Jan 2014
My entire titles got fixed yet the 9001 thing remain hope it got fixed soon
and thnx for the efforts to bring back the site actually I hate all other anime list sites expect this one it's my fav one damn *cries* :(
Sep 1, 2014 9:34 AM

Nov 2012
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, I didn't have time to read trough 48 pages of posts, but the anime scores are affected too. I mean look for example at Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, it used to be the number 1 in "Top Anime" and now it's only ranked around 200 with only 125 users vote.
"I can have food or drinks spilled on me, or even be spit at and ill laugh about it ,
However , If for any reason you hurt a friend of mine, I won't forgive you!"

- Red-Haired Shanks
Sep 1, 2014 9:39 AM

Mar 2014
LelouchR said:
My entire titles got fixed yet the 9001 thing remain hope it got fixed soon
and thnx for the efforts to bring back the site actually I hate all other anime list sites expect this one it's my fav one damn *cries* :(

Thats how everyones lists are right now so theres nothing to worry about. The admins are working to fix all of the problems as we speak.
Sep 1, 2014 9:39 AM

Jun 2014
Goodluck sir!
Sep 1, 2014 9:47 AM
Jun 2013
Kamax said:
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, I didn't have time to read trough 48 pages of posts, but the anime scores are affected too. I mean look for example at Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, it used to be the number 1 in "Top Anime" and now it's only ranked around 200 with only 125 users vote.

I believe that's because it only accepts scores from people who have seen a certain percentage of episodes. Since the episode count is 9001, you have to put down that you've watched a few thousand episodes in order for your score to count towards the total.
Sep 1, 2014 9:49 AM

Jan 2009
unitedkingdom97 said:

Edit: I also don't know how the actual ratings got messed up or why. If you look at anyones list that shows ratings such as mine, you will see that there are no ratings for the affected anime.

+
Kamax said:
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, I didn't have time to read trough 48 pages of posts, but the anime scores are affected too.

The ratings are still saved correctly in the system:

It's just about the Anime details not being displayed correctly. Also, the world won't end just because a certain Anime temporarily isn't number 1 in some sort of list.

edit: @PixelPenguin: in all likely-hood that's it. Once the episode numbers go back, every scoring should register normally again.
NoboruSep 1, 2014 9:53 AM
Sep 1, 2014 9:51 AM

Jun 2014
It bothers me that there hasn't been any update so far. We know they're probably working on the problem, but it would be nice to know what they are doing to fix it and what they are planning to do to prevent this in the future. Also, not seeing any progress other than the titles makes me worry.

From what I have read so far in other comments, since I'm quite new here, MAL is slowly dying and no one is even going to bother taking any precautions for a next attack. Or am I looking at it the wrong way?
Sep 1, 2014 9:54 AM

Nov 2013
El_Aniki95 said:
It bothers me that there hasn't been any update so far. We know they're probably working on the problem, but it would be nice to know what they are doing to fix it and what they are planning to do to prevent this in the future. Also, not seeing any progress other than the titles makes me worry.

From what I have read so far in other comments, since I'm quite new here, MAL is slowly dying and no one is even going to bother taking any precautions for a next attack. Or am I looking at it the wrong way?

This thread is only three days old, and it has almost 1000 replies. How the hell is MAL slowly dying?
Sep 1, 2014 9:57 AM

Nov 2013
For those interested, that is how the scores are calculated:

http://myanimelist.net/info.php?go=topanime
- "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."
Sep 1, 2014 9:58 AM

Aug 2012
SSJMaster strikes again? Must be that time of year again.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Sep 1, 2014 10:03 AM
Jan 2010
Second day and mods still cant make a simple data restore ....
Sep 1, 2014 10:04 AM

Sep 2011
El_Aniki95 said:

Like they said, their working on it, so be patient. Its not like they have to update every hour.

That being said, if a hacker wants to hack a website like MAL, their going to hack it. If you know anything about how programming and hacking works in general, you would know that. It takes lots of patients, but this person has no life and is probably a 15 year old kid who has nothing better to do.
Sep 1, 2014 10:20 AM

Mar 2012
I wonder if the "hacked" anime were chosen randomly. Lots of anime like Steins;Gate, Clannad, SAO etc. & also anime from the current season weren't changed and I also noticed that a lot of Yaoi OVA's were names SSJMaster vs. Xinil - a Story of epic battles Season 2, which is weird...
Sep 1, 2014 10:20 AM

Apr 2010
Sep 1, 2014 10:28 AM

May 2014
What's stopping them from just restoring the server?
I don't think having to re-update my list is a very big deal, how much anime can you watch in 2 days?
Sep 1, 2014 10:31 AM
Jan 2013
MegumiInoue said:

^
Sep 1, 2014 10:41 AM

Aug 2011
El_Aniki95 said:

MAL is not dying. It will be fixed soon. Stop the drama you all. I can't understand what's the big fuss. It's not even a big issue, they will role back the changes as soon as they can, don't be impatient, this is a free service that you use because you want, if you don't like it, you just leave, or pay your own server with your own database :)

» Escapism.

Sep 1, 2014 10:42 AM

Aug 2010
I don't see the point in making this dumb stuff on anime pages here on MAL. A person like this must be very bored to suddenly change anime's information.

But I don't know what is going on with the moderations around here... This is not the first time, if no one changes the security of the site problems like this are going to happen again and again.

Still, I hope they resolve this.
Sep 1, 2014 10:46 AM

Mar 2014
Lairees said:
I don't see the point in making this dumb stuff on anime pages here on MAL. A person like this must be very bored to suddenly change anime's information.

But I don't know what is going on with the moderations around here... This is not the first time, if no one changes the security of the site problems like this are going to happen again and again.

Still, I hope they resolve this.

I think we all feel your pain.
Sep 1, 2014 10:47 AM

Apr 2010
Lairees said:
This is not the first time, if no one changes the security of the site problems like this are going to happen again and again.

I agree. A rollback is more efficient instead of changing each entry one by one, but to prevent this from happening again in the first place, it is best to invest some time in making the site's security capable of withstanding and preventing such attacks in the future. Just look how much trouble it is to fix this!
MegumiInoueSep 1, 2014 9:19 PM
Sep 1, 2014 10:58 AM
Jan 2013
Guys/gals can we just wait more days?
I'm sure Xinil San is working on it :P
We should just wait! It happen even last year so no need to b angry.
Sep 1, 2014 10:58 AM

Jun 2014
monarchyanarchy said:
El_Aniki95 said:

This thread is only three days old, and it has almost 1000 replies. How the hell is MAL slowly dying?

I didn't mean the community, but based on what I've read, MAL hasn't changed whatsoever in a very long time. You'd think that since the last attack, they might have taken steps that could have prevented this.
Sep 1, 2014 10:59 AM

Mar 2013
MAL sure seems to be hacked a lot. In the past year I've been a member I think it happened three times.
Sep 1, 2014 11:12 AM

Jun 2008
ZXNova said:
MAL sure seems to be hacked a lot. In the past year I've been a member I think it happened three times.

After a while you just get used to it.
Sep 1, 2014 11:14 AM

Oct 2009
I've been seeing this everywhere on MAL >_> "Prepare yourself for another 9001 action-packed episodes oozing with epicness!" 9,001 episodes ... who has time for that :p j/k
Sep 1, 2014 11:43 AM

Aug 2011
w4756 said:
Why is this still not fixed? Search every anime with 9001 episodes and change them back to normal.
How long can it take?

As long as Crave takes to role back the changes. Take a cup of tea and relax.

» Escapism.

Sep 1, 2014 11:49 AM

Apr 2014
Good luck and I hope that we won't have to update our lists all over again...
Sep 1, 2014 11:56 AM

Nov 2010
One question, so I don't need to re-add all anime that was affected by the hacker? I don't remember everything I had.
Sep 1, 2014 12:00 PM
Aug 2014
please my account was also affected
Sep 1, 2014 12:03 PM
Mar 2014
Well... having not been around the site enough to see what was the issue until yesterday (I think), I was thoroughly shocked that this happened, but not as much as many of you guys happened to be. While I'm only mildly annoyed at the name change hack, as that got fixed by now (for the most part), I'm actually very annoyed at the episode problem. For instance, I plan on watching the whole Gundam franchise from the beginning, and some of the "episodes" are actually movies that are supposed to be standalone. To learn that this hacker was a comedian that thought to put everything "over 9000"? That makes me ticked off (at least).

Granted, there's more that I plan to watch, but I'm not able to put it onto the list until everything is fixed.
Sep 1, 2014 12:06 PM
Nov 2013
Oh man! Do i have to re update again????? TT^TT
A55CH33KS 10V3R 69
Sep 1, 2014 12:13 PM
Aug 2013
i believe that some anime producers on a few pages have been changed to ssjmaster and the episodes have been changed to 9001, being over 9000. obviously a dragon ball z reference, please fix. in addition, titles with this error also have the type of release completely removed
Sep 1, 2014 12:14 PM

Aug 2011
FunnyGames said:
One question, so I don't need to re-add all anime that was affected by the hacker? I don't remember everything I had.

No you don't need to.

luisradelgado said:
please my account was also affected

The database was affected, not your account. As soon as it's fixed you need to take no action.

TokarinHaki said:
Oh man! Do i have to re update again????? TT^TT

No you don't need to.

» Escapism.

Sep 1, 2014 12:23 PM

Feb 2014
The epic battle between SSJMaster and Xinil is over 9000!

Sep 1, 2014 12:28 PM

May 2012
*sigh* That is all.
Sep 1, 2014 12:30 PM

Mar 2014
I only have one messed up title left and its in my Plan to Watch list:

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/unitedkingdom97

I believe it is Hourglass Summer.

Edit: Im not sure why there are still some un fixed titles.
Sep 1, 2014 12:35 PM
Oct 2011
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/lovebus

I still have a bunch of messed up titles, specifically 275-298 on my to-watch list.
Sep 1, 2014 12:39 PM
SG-r03 Gungnir

Dec 2008
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Goten_ssj3

I have some messed up titles in my complete list and my plan to watch list. Kinda annoying. :/
Sep 1, 2014 12:40 PM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Please be patient and give them their time to fix it.
Sep 1, 2014 12:48 PM
Jul 2014
Obviously this is going to take a while and while it is frustrating as a user, you have to realize that they just don't have the support staff a website like facebook or twitter would have, therefore the fixes are going to take a little while longer. Patience is a virtue :)
Sep 1, 2014 12:59 PM
Jul 2018
Just mentioning that Eva 3.0 is messed up too http://myanimelist.net/anime/3785/Evangelion:_3.0_You_Can_(Not)_Redo
Sep 1, 2014 1:03 PM

Jul 2014
all of my tittles are back to normal, but my progress is all f**ked up :(
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/LusciousLobsters
Sep 1, 2014 1:03 PM
Sep 2011
I've got 21 titles messed: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/csemege
Sep 1, 2014 1:10 PM
Dec 2010
So this "over 9,000 episodes" stuff is just another hack? Great, and here I thought someone was trying to make a joke about endless animes because the only affected animes on my "currently watching" list are Naruto Shippuuden and One Piece, and let's be honest, at the pace it is going, 9,001 episodes doesn't even sound unrealistic for OP.
Sep 1, 2014 1:12 PM
Jan 2014
How long did it take last time to get everything back to normal?
Sep 1, 2014 1:16 PM

Jul 2013
I wondered what was going on again, I thought "not again" when I just saw some episode titles messed up. I have 4 anime messed up, Scandal, Roujin Z, Spriggan and DBZ Curse of Blood Rubies, well title wise at least but I just realised a lot that say 90001 episodes which I saw on one I think maybe a couple days ago but didn't think anything of it, I didn't realise somehow.

Night Raid and Fake titles are messed up too. if I named all the shows that said 9001 eps I'd be here all day.
Sep 1, 2014 1:18 PM
Dec 2011
karl646 said:
How long did it take last time to get everything back to normal?

a while.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (30) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

214 by shehzad4452 »»
1 hour ago

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

231 by ParadiseSukai »»
Yesterday, 11:57 PM

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

424 by nothing_ness »»
May 5, 8:51 PM

» Moderators Wanted! Accepting applications for all positions

Kineta - Apr 26

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 26, 6:46 PM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.