Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 »
Sep 4, 2014 6:43 AM

Jul 2007
For some reason, despite some important plot development and a large portion taking place in the shower I didn't really enjoy this episode. Maybe it's just because it's been binging me that the girl hasn't confessed to being part of the assassination plot! Should be answered next week :)
Sep 4, 2014 7:48 AM

Jul 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Rayet also seems to be locked up in a cell

That was to be expected. There was no way that she could flee in time in her condition. And she didn't have anywhere to run anyway.

chickenonthepan said:
deadoptimist said:

Yep, Saazbaum can impressive facial expression too. He starts to compensate for the loss of Cruhteo.
It looks like he has just made a hard decision. It must be either to kill someone or something with Slaine.

No way. Cruhteo is just a pawn in his hand.

I bet that is the moment he feels hurt when he remembers about Orlene.

Ah, maybe the wording was wrong. I mean that he starts to cover for the loss of Cruhteo in my eyes. If he makes powerful expressions like that more often, I'll be more at peace with the loss of the blonde sadist count.

chickenonthepan said:
deadoptimist said:

(By the way, do we know for sure that Orlaine is female?)

LOL

That's also a possibility, especially after the jokes about his reaction to Slaine being beaten.

chickenonthepan said:
In that scene, Darzana is looing at Marito through the screen, not the doctor.

Ah, you're probably right, my bad. It'd be good if those two finally got to it. But I don't hold my breath, that can be the only scene about it, like in "Darzana thinking about Marito".
But my hope that the princess is dead or, at least, out of action, is crushed once more...
Sep 4, 2014 8:08 AM

Jan 2014
deadoptimist said:

Ah, you're probably right, my bad. It'd be good if those two finally got to it. But I don't hold my breath, that can be the only scene about it, like in "Darzana thinking about Marito".
But my hope that the princess is dead or, at least, out of action, is crushed once more...

I would say that this episode, Hime will be in bed and temporary out of action (just as you want). But she will return sooner or later so the ship can move. Maybe she will return at the end of this ep.

More focus on Saazbaum's memory is what to be expected.

And I would like to see Inaho's reaction when he sees Asseylum in critical condition. Could be a character development for him. :))
Sep 4, 2014 8:20 AM

Aug 2014
chickenonthepan said:
deadoptimist said:

I would say that this episode, Hime will be in bed and temporary out of action (just as you want). But she will return sooner or later so the ship can move. Maybe she will return at the end of this ep.

More focus on Saazbaum's memory is what to be expected.

And I would like to see Inaho's reaction when he sees Asseylum in critical condition. Could be a character development for him. :))

I would love to see him having a reaction of some kind towards her condition. The stoicness is ok, but it needs some flair to it.
Sep 4, 2014 10:31 AM

Sep 2010
deadoptimist said:
That's also a possibility, especially after the jokes about his reaction to Slaine being beaten.

He could be bi. Orlane (actually Orlaine) in Japanese is spelled nearly alike Slaine actually (the last part). Dogs mangaka brought it up amused in his twitter. You know their whole exchange was similar how the 'tragic' villain captures the heroine and dresses her up with his wife's old clothes and dines with her explaining his reasons to do what they do.

Only Slaine's a guy. But it was the similar atmosphere. Got a flashback from Trinity Blood novel. Gyula is Saazbaum and Esther is Slaine.

I think it's Marito. The doctor seems to be packing his stuff with Yuki?
Sep 4, 2014 10:59 AM

Jul 2014
Thess said:
deadoptimist said:

He could be bi. Orlane (actually Orlaine) in Japanese is spelled nearly alike Slaine actually (the last part). Dogs mangaka brought it up amused in his twitter. You know their whole exchange was similar how the 'tragic' villain captures the heroine and dresses her up with his wife's old clothes and dines with her explaining his reasons to do what they do.

Only Slaine's a guy. But it was the similar atmosphere. Got a flashback from Trinity Blood novel. Gyula is Saazbaum and Esther is Slaine.

Haha, I would like to see Slaine wearing a dress. But maybe the idea is no crazy, this dead wife was a soldier and wear a uniform just like Slaine is wearing.
Sep 4, 2014 11:09 AM

Sep 2010
Maryruss said:
Haha, I would like to see Slaine wearing a dress. But maybe the idea is no crazy, this dead wife was a soldier and wear a uniform just like Slaine is wearing.

It should be a knight one (like the one Vlad and Trillram wore).

Sep 4, 2014 11:14 AM

Jul 2014
Thess said:

Oh god... It's really funny to imagine him going all the way and dressing the poor guy up.
The story of Slaine: moving from sadist to a delusional bisexual. That would be a real tragedy. Slaine would be too kinky for the princess, when they met again. ><

Maryruss said:

Btw, I've seen a comic on pixiv with similar plot. Well, it looks like it is something funny and about dresses, but I can't read it, of course.

Thess said:

Is it femSlaine?
deadoptimistSep 4, 2014 11:20 AM
Sep 4, 2014 11:23 AM

Jul 2014
Thess said:
Maryruss said:

Beautiful Slaine (makes me remember female Eru-erufuru '3')
Sep 4, 2014 11:27 AM

Jul 2014
Thess said:

Is it femSlaine?[/quote]
Thanks!. Yes is femSlaine. Inaho would fall in love for her :D
Sep 4, 2014 11:53 AM

Jan 2014
Thess said:

I think it's Marito. The doctor seems to be packing his stuff with Yuki?

That's Marito's hair style. His shirt too.

Beside, captain Mag has no reason to look at the doctor, lol.
Sep 4, 2014 1:08 PM

Jul 2014
chickenonthepan said:

But she would, if the princess, their engine, was injured.
Sep 4, 2014 1:20 PM

Apr 2013
I smell.....Trainwreck.
Always-HungrySep 4, 2014 3:00 PM
Sep 4, 2014 3:01 PM
Jul 2014
Always-Hungry said:
I smell.....Trainwreck.

Omg >.<
Sep 4, 2014 4:00 PM

Jan 2014
deadoptimist said:
chickenonthepan said:

But she would, if the princess, their engine, was injured.

Then she should look at the princess instead...
Sep 4, 2014 6:50 PM

May 2014
Was a ok ep, but damn the Op and ED is good, especially the endings. I love them. xD
Sep 4, 2014 9:20 PM

Dec 2007
Rayet confirmed for yandere lesbian. Okay.
Ich verstehe nicht
Sep 4, 2014 9:26 PM

Jul 2014
Stringed said:
Rayet confirmed for yandere lesbian. Okay.

Now Yuri :D
Sep 4, 2014 10:10 PM
Jul 2011
Preview is focusing on Rayet in the lines, but I think that's likely bait.
Sep 5, 2014 8:31 AM

Jan 2014
10話バレ

姫様は仮死状態になっただけで復活
殺しかけたライエを寛大に許す
その優しさに触れたライエは改心

スレインは待たれよ卿に'敵になるも味方になるも好きにせよ'と放逐される。
スレインはこのまま姫のところに走るか、火星側にとどまるか悩む

イナホはァース帝国にアセイラム姫の生存を伝えるという当初の目的を達成
しかしアセイラムに'ずっとお友達でいてくれますか?'と言われ、今後も彼女を守り続けると誓 う。

スレインは待たれよ卿が姫を暗殺しようとしたのは、火星の同胞のために地球の富を獲得するとい う大義
の下にあったことを知り、大きく心を揺らす

Ep 10 spoilers I got from animesuki. None there translated it so far.

Anyone here want to translate it?
Sep 5, 2014 9:39 AM
Jul 2014
The tittle of the last two episode is in Animesuki too, and it seems it will be very tragic.

9/13 11話「ノヴォスタリスクの攻防-Wind, Snow and Stars.
9/20 12話「たとえ天が堕ちるとも-Childhood's End.
Sep 5, 2014 10:12 AM

Apr 2008
Bluebirds22 said:
The tittle of the last two episode is in Animesuki too, and it seems it will be very tragic.

Oh wow that last title. Shit's gettin real
Sep 5, 2014 10:32 AM

Jan 2014
Bluebirds22 said:

My guess on what will be happening:

Ep 11: big battle in Russia

Ep 12: being Slaine is suffering (using Google translate for ep 12 spoilers:
1クール最終話に関して
雨宮:スレインの好感度が下がりました
小野:次こそは姫と再会して、なんとかスレインが報われて欲しいという気持ちで演じてきました 。
だから、僕としては'なんでこんなことになってしまったんだ'というよりは'もっといけ!'
という感じで2クール目が楽しみになるラストでした)

And the tittle of ep 12 give me hope of a time-skip for the second season. We may see the grown-up characters. I hope they will be at least 18-19 years old in the second season.

Btw from google translate, I guess in ep10, Inaho will promise to protect Asseylum, because she is his "friend". It will be interesting for him in the following episodes I think.
Just_ChickenSep 5, 2014 10:37 AM
Sep 5, 2014 11:06 AM
Jul 2014
chickenonthepan said:
Bluebirds22 said:

My guess on what will be happening:

Ep 11: big battle in Russia

Ep 12: being Slaine is suffering (using Google translate for ep 12 spoilers:
1クール最終話に関して
雨宮:スレインの好感度が下がりました
小野:次こそは姫と再会して、なんとかスレインが報われて欲しいという気持ちで演じてきました 。
だから、僕としては'なんでこんなことになってしまったんだ'というよりは'もっといけ!'
という感じで2クール目が楽しみになるラストでした)

And the tittle of ep 12 give me hope of a time-skip for the second season. We may see the grown-up characters. I hope they will be at least 18-19 years old in the second season.

Btw from google translate, I guess in ep10, Inaho will promise to protect Asseylum, because she is his "friend". It will be interesting for him in the following episodes I think.

That will be interesting, 18 or 19 years, I like this idea, but maybe the princess will not survive this season. I say because the seiyuu's interview D:
Sep 5, 2014 11:45 AM
Jul 2011
lol I was right after all. Inaho didn't give a shit about the Princess before, he just wanted to keep her alive to tell the Vers Empire to ceasefire.

He'll protect her in the future she wants to always continue to be his friend. Friendship, not romance. Shippers can pack their things.

Calling bullshit about Count Evil being a softie underneath. What the hell are they thinking?
Sep 5, 2014 12:08 PM

Jan 2014
HopeLight said:
lol I was right after all. Inaho didn't give a shit about the Princess before, he just wanted to keep her alive to tell the Vers Empire to ceasefire.

He'll protect her in the future she wants to always continue to be his friend. Friendship, not romance. Shippers can pack their things.

Calling bullshit about Count Evil being a softie underneath. What the hell are they thinking?

Friendship doesn't mean not giving sh**.

That mean he cares for her, a.k.a she is not a tool in his eye. I told you this before.

And look like Slaine will have more sh** for his ship. @@
Sep 5, 2014 12:10 PM
Jul 2014
HopeLight said:

I prefer him like this logical over emotions.
Please don't ruin with NTR >.<
Sep 5, 2014 12:20 PM
Jul 2011
chickenonthepan said:
HopeLight said:

Friendship doesn't mean not giving sh**.

That mean he cares for her, a.k.a she is not a tool in his eye. I told you this before.

And look like Slaine will have more sh** for his ship. @@

He will change his mind when she will speak about being friends foreverrrr. She's a friend, not someone he wants to date. He doesn't care about her until she gives this speech, according to your spoiler. So far, he's only protecting her to use her as ceasefire with her motherland. You wanted a translation? You have it now.

You mistake me with someone who likes the princess or thinks she deserves Slaine? Slaine's more than fine, he seems to be finally shaking off his Himeitis disease at last, even through a terrible the villain was nice all along plot twist. I'm just laughing at people who took his retard sister seriously about the romantic shipping.

She wants to continue to be a friend always~
HopeLightSep 5, 2014 12:23 PM
Sep 5, 2014 12:55 PM

Jan 2014
HopeLight said:

He will change his mind when she will speak about being friends foreverrrr. She's a friend, not someone he wants to date. He doesn't care about her until she gives this speech, according to your spoiler. So far, he's only protecting her to use her as ceasefire with her motherland. You wanted a translation? You have it now.

You mistake me with someone who likes the princess or thinks she deserves Slaine? Slaine's more than fine, he seems to be finally shaking off his Himeitis disease at last, even through a terrible the villain was nice all along plot twist. I'm just laughing at people who took his retard sister seriously about the romantic shipping.

She wants to continue to be a friend always~

Actually according to Animesuki translator, Inaho is the one who wants to be friend with Asseylum and swears to protect her even after his current mission is over...

I don't know which translation is correct. So We will have to wait and see.

I prefer Animesuki translation become true, btw. ;))

And seem like we will have Buddy Complex version 2 when according to the spoiler, Slaine will "betray" Asseylum. Still go for Slaine killing Yuki btw.
Just_ChickenSep 5, 2014 1:01 PM
Sep 5, 2014 1:09 PM

Sep 2010
Soo, 2 cents.

That text doesn't seem like "Buddy Complex" at all. It seems to be the complete opposite, because Slaine is walking away from her and sees Saazbaum's goals (not his methods) as righteous. It's the possibility of Slaine choosing something over Asseylum (not related to stupid romance or 'NTR', but connected to his ideals and his personal experiences). He's obviously set up to become against the Mars system and Asseylum embodies it, like it or not. Perhaps he'll support a coup d'etat against her grandfather.

So I might get what I wanted since this plot arc appeared: Revolution against Vers by Slaine.

He's not contrasted with Inaho either, he's contrasted (if he goes to this path I want him to) with Rayet's choice because their positions are reversed.
Sep 5, 2014 1:23 PM

Jan 2014
Thess said:
Soo, 2 cents.

That text doesn't seem like "Buddy Complex" at all. It seems to be the complete opposite, because Slaine is walking away from her and sees Saazbaum's goals (not his methods) as righteous. It's the possibility of Slaine choosing something over Asseylum (not related to stupid romance or 'NTR', but connected to his ideals and his personal experiences). He's obviously set up to become against the Mars system and Asseylum embodies it, like it or not. Perhaps he'll support a coup d'etat against her grandfather.

So I might get what I wanted since this plot arc appeared: Revolution against Vers by Slaine.

He's not contrasted with Inaho either, he's contrasted (if he goes to this path I want him to) with Rayet's choice because their positions are reversed.

Just kidding about the Buddy Complex part. I think he will do something unforgivable. My preference is killing Yuki. He and Inaho will have a real conflict in that case.

Hmm, I don't see Saazbaum's goal as righteous here. XD

His reason is half boring, half personal. (I prefer the personal part). Unless he has more subtle reasons, I can't see how Slaine can be moved by him.

If you want a reason for Slaine's betrayal, I will give you. He doesn't go against Asseylum at the very least. In fact, he cares for her. He want her to live happy like a normal girl, unaffected by her royal duty. So he will take her power away. Sound better than he just follows Saazbaum? I would like a more personal reason than a ambiguous one like land or resources that moves him into the state of walking away from who he sweared to protect now matter what...

And then, whichever path he takes, he will definitely go against Asseylum. And if Inaho swear to protect her as spoiled, he will have to go against Inaho too. He will lose if he goes 1 on 1. So maybe he will have Saazbaum back him up.

Maybe he will be LL ver. 2. Everyone will hate him, but the people who understand his good motive will forgive him. But then, unavoidable death flag in this case.
Just_ChickenSep 5, 2014 1:33 PM
Sep 5, 2014 1:39 PM

Sep 2010
chickenonthepan said:
Hmm, I don't see Saazbaum's goal as righteous here. XD

His reason is half boring, half personal. (I prefer the personal part). Unless he has more subtle reasons, I can't see how Slaine can be moved by him.

You will see that the text is not bringing his personal reason to what Slaine cares about. Slaine has no personal involvement that is why he can carry out his goal in cleansing the system without hatred. That’s why I thought he was the ideal revolutionary and my prayers have been answered.

Slaine is the character of the show who can see the conflict from both sides. He’s a child who was raised after Heavens Fall Earth and he’s a Terran who lived through the worst of the class treatment Mars has.

chickenonthepan said:
If you want a reason for Slaine's betrayal, I will give you. He doesn't go against Asseylum at the very least.

In fact, he cares for her. He want her to live happy like a normal girl, unaffected by her royal duty. So he will take her power away. Sound better than he just follows Saazbaum? I would like a more personal reason than a ambiguous one like land or resources that moves him into the state of walking away from who he sweared to protect now matter what...

That sounds good. Actually, I think I mentioned this here or in animesuki? I think Asseylum, if she lives through all of this, will stay on Earth on her Seylum nickname and never return to rule as her ending. It just seems more fitting.

chickenonthepan said:
And then, whichever path he takes, he will definitely go against Asseylum. And if Inaho swear to protect her as spoiled, he will have to go against Inaho too. He will lose if he goes 1 on 1. So maybe he will have Saazbaum back him up.

I don't think he’ll try to hurt Asseylum, but he will try to remove her Aldnoah powers.

chickenonthepan said:
Maybe he will be LL ver. 2. Everyone will hate him, but the people who understand his good motive will forgive him. But then, unavoidable death flag in this case.

Why would "everyone" hate him? He will probably count, eventually, with the commoner support in Mars and all the dissatisfied people of the system that will be surely introduced next half.

The fanbase will love him even more. It's not that the other characters are popular enough for anyone to be angry if he kills fodder one or two.
Sep 5, 2014 1:48 PM

Jan 2014
Thess said:

You will see that the text is not bringing his personal reason to what Slaine cares about. Slaine has no personal involvement that is why he can carry out his goal in cleansing the system without hatred. That’s why I thought he was the ideal revolutionary and my prayers have been answered.

Slaine is the character of the show who can see the conflict from both sides. He’s a child who was raised after Heavens Fall Earth and he’s a Terran who lived through the worst of the class treatment Mars has.

Not sure about that. We will have to see more to know what is his real idea. This is just our speculation after all.

His reason could be idealistic or it could be personal, who knows?

All what we know is he will do something pretty unbelievable in ep 12 that Amamiya lost her opinion about him.

That sounds good. Actually, I think I mentioned this here or in animesuki? I think Asseylum, if she lives through all of this, will stay on Earth on her Seylum nickname and never return to rule as her ending. It just seems more fitting.

Doesn't that mean she will stay with Inaho's gang? Good idea.

Why would "everyone" hate him? He will probably count, eventually, with the commoner support in Mars and all the dissatisfied people of the system that will be surely introduced next half.

The fanbase will love him even more. It's not that the other characters are popular enough for anyone to be angry if he kills fodder one or two.

I like LL. So that is my case for him, just take it as my preference. I have no evidence for that.

Ofc if Slaine is LL ver.2, fan will love him more. Just see how much love for LL already...
Sep 5, 2014 2:00 PM

Jul 2014
Aldnoah was #400.. Dropped down to #406. This series is in an unsteady position.
"Hi!"
Sep 5, 2014 2:17 PM

Sep 2011
I really hope she doesnt die, but if she does its going to be interesting as fuck to see how inaho will react to it. That thing about his sister being able to read his emotions feels kind of like foreshadowing looking back on it cause i can totally see a scene with her bringing up inaho being sad over the princess' death

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 5, 2014 2:20 PM

Apr 2008
JizzyHitler said:
I really hope she doesnt die, but if she does its going to be interesting as fuck to see how inaho will react to it. That thing about his sister being able to read his emotions feels kind of like foreshadowing looking back on it cause i can totally see a scene with her bringing up inaho being sad over the princess' death

Personally I took it as foreshadowing that Yuki-nee was gonna get killed and the Princess will have to learn to read Inaho like her
Sep 5, 2014 2:50 PM

Sep 2011
Darklight0303 said:
JizzyHitler said:

Personally I took it as foreshadowing that Yuki-nee was gonna get killed and the Princess will have to learn to read Inaho like her
I think what im really expecting is inaho to have a breakdown for when either of them die, aka maybe next episode cause looking back on it im starting to really thing shes dead

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 5, 2014 3:08 PM

Apr 2012
Fuuuuck I really really hate seeing characters make stupid decisions, especially ones that have such a huge scale. God bloody damnit, I hate completely irrational characters.
Sep 5, 2014 4:44 PM

Jul 2014
Whoa! Is a full translation of the spoiler already available somewhere? (Using google translate is just so... Ugh, it leaves a bad aftertaste)

I will forgive a number of plotholes, if Slaine finally gets personal goals. On the other hand, Inaho discovering emotions through the force of love is something I have absolutely no wish to see. Him experiencing friendship too. He just doesn't deserve this as a character yet.

I'm sad that we don't know what is happening in the destroyed castle. It shows how immature this series is. The death of one of the counts is a huge thing and it needs to have consequences in their fictional world.

"The End of the Childhood" Er. I guess even more suffering for Slaine. A strange title, because it should've already ended for all the involved. The only one who was really childish was Asseylum, and she was almost murdered for the second time, so innocence should've passed to a degree for her too.
chickenonthepan said:
being Slaine is suffering

- that should be the slogan of the series.

Also we were right, that the princess would forgive Rayet, from what I could understand.

I don't care for the timeskip too much, because the current characters' age wasn't reflected in any meaningful way. I think making them older won't make a difference (maybe only for Slaine, if he becomes integrated in the martian society). Also I doubt, that the war will wait for them to grow up.

I look forward to seeing the battle of Novosibirsk.
Sep 5, 2014 5:08 PM

Jan 2012
Rayet does that and then gets in the shock mode!? seriously, why did she even do that D:
The princess better not be dead. Slaine's life's can't go worse than it alread has :(
But! I believe she's just past out!
Sep 5, 2014 5:13 PM

Jan 2014
Ok, I will post the translation here. Thank Animesuki for this.

Spoiler for ep10:

Asseylum seemingly dies for asphyxiation, but she recovers from that

She pardons Rayet, and this gesture moves Rayet

Slaine is released by Saucebomb. He says Slaine is free to become either an ally or an enemy to him
afterwards Slaine is troubled whether or not he should go to the princess or stay on Mars

Inaho achieves the original goal of informing the Emperor of Vers regarding Asseylum's suvival
But afterwards he asks Asseylum "to always be their friend" and swears an oath to protect her

Slaine learns that the main reason of the Princess assassination is so they could orchestrate a conflict to use Earth resources
upon knowing that Slaine is deeply conflicted

Spoiler for ep12:

Amamiya: my opinion of Slaine has fallen
Ono: I acted it out with the sentiments of wishing that Slaine's efforts will finally be rewarded somehow the next time he meets the princess.
So, rather than going "why did it turn out this way?," I'm like "Keep going for it!". It's a finale that has me looking forward to the second cour.
Just_ChickenSep 5, 2014 5:37 PM
Sep 5, 2014 5:22 PM

Jul 2014
chickenonthepan said:
Ok, I will post the translation here. Thank Animesuki for this.

Thank you! I couldn't find it there for some reason. I guess, I missed the thread or something.

Saazbaum releases Slaine after telling him about his motivation... That's a really bad case of plot device. I mean, the whole situation. The secret behind it all was just given to Slaine, and there was no point of him being captured by Saazbaum besides that.

Hm, it's interesting to see, what will happen after the emperor learns that Asseylum is fine. Maybe the conflict will be finally three-sided.

I dunno, why Slaine should be conflicted in this case.
Sep 5, 2014 5:25 PM

Jan 2014
deadoptimist said:

My guess: they want to make him seem less obsessive with Hime. But after all what he shown in ep 8, this is a really a 180 degree turn... Maybe we will have to blame the bad writing again.

Really, I don't know what is he feel conflict about. If mars need resources that much, why not make peace, co-operate with earth? They have an ultimate chance when Asseylum comes to Earth to make peace. But they don't take that chance. Instead, they killed millions of innocent civilians. Needing resources is not a proper reason to start killing people... I don't see how can Slaine sympathize with them. And if he really did, maybe he doesn't use his head again...

Just hope he won't go all Suzaku: "Terrans, please surrender so that Martians won't kill you. And we will live in peace under Martian royal rule. If you don't, I will kill you myself." Lmao.
Just_ChickenSep 5, 2014 5:52 PM
Sep 5, 2014 6:01 PM

Apr 2008
chickenonthepan said:
deadoptimist said:

My guess: they want to make him seem less obsessive with Hime. But after all what he shown in ep 8, this is a really a 180 degree turn... Maybe we will have to blame the bad writing again.

Really, I don't know what is he feel conflict about. If mars need resources that much, why not make peace, co-operate with earth? They have an ultimate chance when Asseylum comes to Earth to make peace. But they don't take that chance. Instead, they killed millions of innocent civilians. Needing resources is not a proper reason to start killing people... I don't see how can Slaine sympathize with them. And if he really did, maybe he doesn't use his head again...

Just hope he won't go all Suzaku: "Terrans, please surrender so that Martians won't kill you. And we will live in peace under Martian royal rule. If you don't, I will kill you myself." Lmao.

Slaine turning Suzaku. That would be the last straw I would need to absolutely hate his character.
Sep 5, 2014 6:04 PM

Dec 2010
thank god something interesting happend at the end. Was going to be worst episode of the series.
ColdbidSep 5, 2014 6:08 PM
Sep 5, 2014 6:08 PM

Jun 2011
@Darklight: What's really wrong with Slaine otherwise? Based on what he's revealed of himself (which isn't too much), I thought he was pretty damn cool. Helping the terrans, protecting the princess while being tortured, keeping his shit together even though everyone around him treats him like dung.
Sep 5, 2014 6:09 PM

Jan 2014
Darklight0303 said:

Slaine turning Suzaku. That would be the last straw I would need to absolutely hate his character.

Well, if Slaine turns Suzaku, I bet my money that most people watching A/Z will hate him, even his fan now. ;p

Inaho's stoic character is even 100 times better than the annoying Suzaku.

I don't want the second Suzaku, so pray that won't happen.
Sep 5, 2014 6:40 PM

Jul 2014
Holy shit that damn spoiler ._.
If it does happening then it would turned 180 degree from what i had predicted ==
If slaine turns into Suzaku V.02, this series would pretty much sick.

Sep 5, 2014 7:09 PM
Jul 2011
That translation is wrong, Ono says he thinks Slaine will be rewarded in the end for his effort, not redeemed.

Suzaku was 'hated' (he wasn't) because the other side had Lelouch and actual cool cast to foil him.

Aldnoah Zero has a shit cast outside of Slaine, Evil Count and Darzana. Nobody gives a shit about Inaho or the princess unless they are connected to Slaine, their value is to be arm candy to him for the shippers. It'll just cause people to cause Inaho bashing and dislike because the news you linked had that greeting in Japan.

The majority of the comments rooting for Slaine and hating on "Onaho."
Sep 5, 2014 7:32 PM

Jan 2014
HopeLight said:
That translation is wrong, Ono says he thinks Slaine will be rewarded in the end for his effort, not redeemed.

Suzaku was 'hated' (he wasn't) because the other side had Lelouch and actual cool cast to foil him.

Aldnoah Zero has a shit cast outside of Slaine, Evil Count and Darzana. Nobody gives a shit about Inaho or the princess unless they are connected to Slaine, their value is to be arm candy to him for the shippers. It'll just cause people to cause Inaho bashing and dislike because the news you linked had that greeting in Japan.

The majority of the comments rooting for Slaine and hating on "Onaho."

I linked the fixed translation from another guy... If you really read my post, you will see that... But he is right on the part that Inaho is the one who want to be friend, I guess. Anyone on Animesuki agree with that. And some people there know Japanese. So you are probably wrong about Inaho doesn't give sh** about Hime, my friend. (Even if Asseylum is who wants friendship, Inaho swears to protect her even after his goal is reached. That means he has **** for her already)

And again about Slaine's greatness... He is a badly written character just as everyone else on A/Z. Read Keten's criticisms, he is pretty fair and objective. Slaine gets more love because he is the underdog who has many hardship. But to be fair, I can't see him outside his obsession for Asseylum, at least for now. He is not a good written character. And now they are trying to fit some inner struggle into him to make him more dimensional. I will see what they are trying to do, just hope it's not a stupid reason like sympathizing with Martians, who killed millions of his country men for land and resources...

Inaho and Hime are undeveloped. So whose faults is that? Not the characters themselves. It's the writer with lazy writing. If they are fleshed out good enough, they are pretty enjoyable for everyone. Fans who understand Inaho under his mask enjoy him, but that's a minority. Not everyone put enough thought into the show to reason Inaho's action(ep.7 for example).

and yeah, Suzaku wasn't hated that much... Really? I still remember people bashing him like no tomorrow. Inaho's bashing now is meaningless compare to that. (Even Haruto's bashing is not comparable, yes) Lets see what happen in fan opinion when we see another Suzaku on screen... Fan opinions can change, they are not permanent.

But no matter he will be another Suzaku or not. Amamiya already changed her opinion about Slaine because of what he is going to do. You sure other people won't be like her?
Just_ChickenSep 5, 2014 7:53 PM
Pages (17) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

719 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 1:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.