Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 24, 2009 4:35 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode is pretty good, it would be boring if we didn't have an enemy but fortunately we do^^ Cecily is still not strong enough, I hope she will get better in terms of skill as we go on. Luke actually has a lot of pride in himself and i thought he would again be the one to defeat the enemy but the victor turn out to be Cecily which is great :D
ShanaFlameOct 24, 2009 5:13 AM
Oct 24, 2009 5:03 AM

Oct 2009
This episode is 1000 times better than any other before. Loved the cute side of Cecily and Aria in the beginning when Aria was sleeping with Cecily. The breast jokes were not as harsh as in the serie Kampfer and were good. Luke has a good eye for what swords are fake and not good to which are very well made. The demonstration of Aria's power was very impressive. That demon was very brutal and he can melt anything so swords were useless except for Aria and Luke's katana but even that chipped a little. For a little I was very dissapointed in Cecily for letting the demon get the sword but her courage in taking back Aria as well as begging Luke for help and killing the demon made me change things about Cecily. She is amazing and leveled up at level 20 from level 1. At the tomb (I must be getting more emotional with anime and I don't know why but it is sure nice) I got emotional as Aria had tears and bowed down to Cecily. Incredible episode!
francismeunierOct 25, 2009 5:17 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 24, 2009 5:14 AM

Jul 2008
francismeunier said:
For a little I was very dissapointed in Cecily for letting the demon get the sword but her courage in taking back Aria as well as begging Luke for help and killing the demon made me change things about Cecily.
Yeah i thought so as well, that make me like her a lot more now^^
Oct 24, 2009 5:22 AM

Oct 2009
ShanaFlame said:
francismeunier said:
For a little I was very dissapointed in Cecily for letting the demon get the sword but her courage in taking back Aria as well as begging Luke for help and killing the demon made me change things about Cecily.
Yeah i thought so as well, that make me like her a lot more now^^
She earned rank from peon to a real knight! Cecily is now going to be in my list for some time. That tomb part was emotional with Aria/Cecily ShanaFlame sometimes I think anime is really good, sometimes I think it is horrible with all that blood and perverted stuff. Guess it depends how it is shown.

Oct 25, 2009 1:21 AM

Jul 2008
francismeunier said:
sometimes I think anime is really good, sometimes I think it is horrible with all that blood and perverted stuff. Guess it depends how it is shown.
True, it depends on the individual interest as well.
Oct 25, 2009 5:11 AM
Dec 2008
isn't that supposed to be "believe" and not belive?

yeah, pretty entertaining episode. Cecily finally has her resolve and not to mention a hax sword. Luke is still a badass, you got to love those moves ^^
Oct 25, 2009 5:39 AM
Dec 2008
solblade05 said:
OftheFlesh said:
isn't that supposed to be "believe" and not belive?

Engrish

Anyways, finally we see some action. After this I hope we're through with Cecily for some time. Glad she improved but I don't want to see too much her now :|

*feels stupid for googl-ing its definition after watching*
*feels stupid-er for not realizing it earlier*

yes, now Cecily is improved and all. I'd like to see more of Luke now.
Oct 25, 2009 6:20 AM

Aug 2009
A livelier episode finally.
Oct 25, 2009 6:52 AM

Jul 2009
Better Episode..i enjoyed it..well Cecily crawling when she was attacked by the fire monster perhaps my favorite

OftheFlesh said:
Luke is still a badass, you got to love those moves ^^
Yeah, too bad the fight scene between Luke and the fire monster is too short, too much talking from Cecily, hey even Luke was complaining
Luke said:
Idiot! hurry up and finish him!
I loled

And another valuable info perhaps, Luke needed 100 swords like Aria to defeat "him"..
Oct 25, 2009 6:57 AM

Jul 2009
Loved this epi!Especially when luke gave cecily the cold shoulders by saying "dont force ur weakness on me"
Did anyone notice luke's left eye is different from his right?
Oct 25, 2009 6:59 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Decent episode. Cecily looked good with that ponytail.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 25, 2009 7:29 AM

Aug 2008
Oh Cecily, we know you want to work for Luke. With your body.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 25, 2009 7:33 AM

May 2008
Really loved the fight scene also I prefer Cecily's hair in ponytail. It suits her more.
Oct 25, 2009 7:47 AM
Mar 2008
Am I the only one that is watching this anime just for Lisa and her ED?
Cecily is an emo. "I'm useless! Solve my problems, Luke! I'll give you my body in exchange!"
another_anonOct 25, 2009 7:59 AM
Oct 25, 2009 7:48 AM

Jul 2009
draker said:
Am I the only one that is watching this anime for Lisa and her ED?
Nope..me too, I LOVED how she fell over because of the stone..XD
Oct 25, 2009 8:03 AM

May 2009
I really liked this episode =P

Laevantein said:
draker said:

^^

~hana wa sakura kimi wa utsukushi haru no komorebi kimi no hohoemi huyu ga owari yuki ga tokete kimi no kokoro ni haru ga maikomu~

~the flowers are cherry blossoms, and you are lovely. the spring's light through green leaves, and your little smile winter is over, the snow has melted, in your heart spring has arrived~
Oct 25, 2009 8:11 AM

Jul 2007
Decent episode. Not hoping much out of this series though. Still interested where they are heading to next, slow story progress.
Oct 25, 2009 8:15 AM

Sep 2009
And Cecily finally gains the resolve to kill to protect.

I really enjoyed this episode, but it still annoys me that it doesn't have previews. >.<
Oct 25, 2009 8:41 AM

Aug 2008
Besides the titty talk, this was actually a good episode with Manglobe quality animation. We'll see how long it lasts.
Oct 25, 2009 10:55 AM

Aug 2007
This episode was actually a decent bit better than the previous ones. Not to mention that they improved the animation as well. Guess I'm not dropping this this week after all.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Oct 25, 2009 11:01 AM

Jun 2008
It was alright for me, the episode just makes me wonder if Cecily can do anything by herself, if not for Luke she would have been as useless as I've seen her in the previous episodes, if she's anymore useless in the next episode I'm dropping this series.
Oct 25, 2009 12:23 PM

Oct 2008
Personally i find Cecily to be a very annoying character. She is a prideful, self righteous, holier than thou character that is at the same time very weak (i.e. she is all talk). She also has that annoying arrogance of the standard "nobility archetype" you often see in anime, even being the fallen nobility she is. To top it off, she frequently shouts out the generic hero "save everyone, do no wrong" catchphrases! Now the worst has came to pass and she gained great power, not by earning it or training to be stronger, but simply by acquiring a demon sword, something likely only to increase her sense of arrogance and self righteousness.

I was kind of hoping the show would move more to Luke who is a mysterious character that seems much more interesting. Why does he want a sword strong enough to kill a god? what is his past with the man in black? How did he get his amazing magical blacksmithing abilities? If he is a blacksmith, why is he basically the best sword fighter in the entire city as well? What is the deal with Lisa? Those are questions i'd like answered a little more than listening to one of Cecily's rants about duty/what is right.
Oct 25, 2009 12:40 PM

Aug 2008
Easy, don't you know about 9+3 pattern? Pretty much nothing happens during first nine episodes and almost whole plot is cramped in the last three. You just have to wait ;] As for Lisa everything I know is that she's a hammer ;]
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 25, 2009 1:06 PM

Feb 2009
Nice episode...it was realy awesome when Cecily offered her body to Luke in exchange of his help...though i doubt he'll take it (damn looser)

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Oct 25, 2009 1:28 PM

Jun 2009
Geez the knights are losing quite a few men !
Oct 25, 2009 1:45 PM

Jul 2009
The heck? Is it me or the knights are stupid enough to think that black hooded man will personally come to take the sword? Can't he just send a goon like he did in this ep? And I thought the old man was smart too...:(

LOLwut? Not this crap about a sword is created to protect again.... Even if you protect something, you hafta use the damn sword to kill something in return so no matter how you sugarcoated it, a sword's sole purpose is to kill, nothing more and nothing less, pffffff...

And since when a katana is handled with one hand like a rapier? Even Luke used 2 hands when he sliced that monster...Talk about being ignorant...<_< And Luke was right once again: "It took a hundred swords like Aria to defeat him", meaning that Demon Sword, despite its name, sucks ( Well, I do admit I'm biased here due to that lame sword's design =X)

BEST QUOTE OF THE EP:

Luke: "Stupid, shut up and kill him (already)!!!"

Yeah, instead of babbling about justice and such, just hurry and kill that GDODAMN monster already....<_<

Well, it's not like it only had bad things since the only good thing about this ep is that smexy black undergarment of Cecily and the forging sequence now is reduced and fit the time a sailor moon would take for his transformation....8-)

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Oct 25, 2009 2:03 PM

Jul 2008
nice fight. again some breast jokes but i dont really mind. overall a pretty entertaining serie, i like this pace and dont mind to to go on like that.

Oct 25, 2009 3:00 PM

Sep 2007
Antanaru said:
Easy, don't you know about 9+3 pattern? Pretty much nothing happens during first nine episodes and almost whole plot is cramped in the last three. You just have to wait ;] As for Lisa everything I know is that she's a hammer ;]

Yes but no...
If they want to create a second season of this Light Novel, they don't have to rush. >_<
Oct 25, 2009 3:21 PM

Jul 2009
I think I'll see this through til the end as the battles are great and the characters are somewhat fun.
Oct 25, 2009 3:29 PM

Aug 2008
Next episode better be about Luke and Lise, or Luke alone, or Luke and Cecily, not what we had past 2 ep.
it was good but, too much girl girl, if i wanted that which sometimes i do ill go watch stuff like Strike witches, kanameno, queens blade, u know the deal.
Oct 25, 2009 5:00 PM

Oct 2007
Laevantein said:
draker said:

Yep, me three. =D
Oct 25, 2009 5:52 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
average episode.

I felt it was a bit too generic.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 25, 2009 5:55 PM

Jun 2007
What's up with Luke's left eye? I didn't notice this until now but that eye's pupal is always the same size (really small) and it looks lifeless almost like it's fake. When he does his sword forging he also closes that eye. Does he have a fake eye or something?

Pretty good episode. Nothing to special about it though.
Oct 25, 2009 6:09 PM

Aug 2008
Hurray for the semi-yuri! Anyways Cecily finally grew up and also gained the contract with Aria. I'm also going to take a guess here and say the Lisa is related to Aria somehow.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2009 6:40 PM

May 2009
I enjoyed this episode. I really like Cecily's character, unlike most it seems, and I think she's really cute - she looked great with a ponytail.
The fight was good and this episode had some nice animation.
Oct 25, 2009 6:45 PM

Sep 2008
I found the talk between Aria and Cecily amusing. Seems all Aria thinks about in idle times is romance lol.

I hope we see Luke at least berate Cecily for her promise this episode, she offered up a lot and Luke doesn't seem the type to just forget about something like that. Though he'll likely not take the full promise.. at least not in a sexual way.

It seemed to me that it was Lisa's eyes that were different colors, especially since she's the one who invokes the crafting spell.

She trips over it three times, and the ending is almost too upbeat for the show. I'm keeping an eye out to find it somewhere ^_^

"You're such an idiot."
~Celty (Durarara)

"How many seconds until the boy confesses his love to the girl?"
~Durarara

Should it be sad now that twice in a season I've been glad that subs scrolls by to quickly for me to process?

Oct 25, 2009 6:56 PM

Oct 2007
God this was horrible, the best and only good scene was with Luke's moves against the monster. This had unnecessary drama written all over it, like a man giving his will to the wind?!?!? Not to mention Cecily talks way too bloody much and is like a Touma except without the power. I'm praying Manglobe steps up the quality.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Oct 25, 2009 7:56 PM
Feb 2009
not bad of an ep, rele wanna kn0w what sword is LUke searching for o.O last ep Lisa blurred out that it has the power to slay gods~
Oct 25, 2009 7:59 PM
Feb 2009
feel cliche when cecily invite aria to fight alongside with her from now on, what make cecily think that she is worthy for such a good sword? n the sword come all the way to the city just to be used by cecily? =.="

i lol at these posts
flame_tiongOct 25, 2009 10:03 PM
oblivious is a bliss
Oct 25, 2009 9:13 PM

Sep 2007
So they counter Cecily's uselessness by giving her Aria. I can't imagine how much more annoying Cecily can get now.
Oct 25, 2009 9:47 PM

Jun 2008
Laevantein said:

And another valuable info perhaps, Luke needed 100 swords like Aria to defeat "him"..

Yea and Luke keeps talking about not losing someone again.. I'm thinking he had a girl he loved that was killed by "him".. I can't wait to hear more of this backstory. I hope they explain it :)

Antanaru said:
Oh Cecily, we know you want to work for Luke. With your body.

lol! Yea I caught that too, Luke is a cutie.
- Noblesse Oblige -

And I'm saying a prayer for the desperate heart's tonight

Oct 25, 2009 10:22 PM
Oct 2008
Mm interesting ep the episode focus alot on Cecily chest..feel sorry for all the soldiers charging in with their shields and easily got owned with a swing gotta like Luke fighting style Cecily style is like fencing which isn't so entertaining and she talks alot when shes about to finish off the demon lollol I also would like to see the old man who survive the previous war fight too
Oct 26, 2009 12:05 AM

Jul 2008
chest jokes aside, i wonder if luke will soon make a sword for her, and who the guy in black is?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Oct 26, 2009 12:19 AM

Aug 2008
kage-bunshin said:
chest jokes aside, i wonder if luke will soon make a sword for her, and who the guy in black is?

the guy Luke wants to kill?
gw-guesswork
Oct 26, 2009 12:28 AM

May 2008
This episode is pretty good, it would be boring if we didn't have an enemy but fortunately we do^^ Cecily is still not strong enough, I hope she will get better in terms of skill as we go on. Luke actually has a lot of pride in himself and i thought he would again be the one to defeat the enemy but the victor turn out to be Cecily which is great :D
Oct 26, 2009 1:04 AM

Apr 2008
pretty good episode ... better than the previous ~

Oct 26, 2009 4:49 AM

Aug 2009
Decent episode. Boobs make excellent pillows.
Oct 26, 2009 5:02 AM

May 2008
i tink this episode went by a little too fast but it was ok overall

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 26, 2009 5:39 AM

Oct 2009
smdinosaur said:
Decent episode. Boobs make excellent pillows.

Indeed they do make good pillows.
DeathfireD said:
What's up with Luke's left eye? I didn't notice this until now but that eye's pupal is always the same size (really small) and it looks lifeless almost like it's fake.

I read some manga about this of the first episode. It explained more about this. I just looked at it and Luke's left eye is fake. It might be magical but it was said in that manga it is glass.
DeathfireD said:
When he does his sword forging he also closes that eye. Does he have a fake eye or something?

It might be some contract that made it magical there was something Lisa said in episode 3 about something of Aria and contract. Maybe Luke forged soem contract with his left eye as payment. I don't know. I only assume it might be DeathfireD.
Setsia said:
not bad of an ep, rele wanna kn0w what sword is LUke searching for o.O last ep Lisa blurred out that it has the power to slay gods~

Luke is searching the same sword as Aria is. Something that can slay Gods. I assume they are rare so he is looking for one.
francismeunierOct 26, 2009 5:44 AM

Oct 26, 2009 5:54 AM

May 2008
nice episode ;3

now Cecily are officially Luke's properties ;p
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

radiantfire - Oct 2, 2009

194 by aod-kun »»
Dec 17, 2023 3:03 AM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Nov 7, 2009

109 by notmarsman »»
Nov 26, 2023 8:01 PM

» Should I watch this anime?

Terium - Feb 27, 2017

6 by Barry_Allen_14 »»
Apr 8, 2022 3:19 AM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Nov 14, 2009

85 by Guts-Valley »»
Sep 15, 2021 2:30 PM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Dec 19, 2009

174 by Spyro »»
Sep 23, 2020 7:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.