Forum Settings
Forums

Your favorite Surprisingly Informative/Deep Anime?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 27, 2014 6:47 PM
Nov 2010
Grunbeld said:
JD2411 said:
clannad

Is this for real? Cause I'm thinking about givin' it a shot.

If you're the kind of person who laugh at repetitive unfunny gags, then yeah it is for you. While you're at it, watch Naruto.
Yoshii Kiria took over as leader of Fairytale and rebuilt it and became one of Tsukunes formidable enemies but let's save that story for another time

Hehe, let me introduce him to you again, kid. This is Shuzen Issa (who is MIA during the final battle), who will become your 'trainer' starting today. You still have much to go if you want to become the headmaster.

Like the two souls have started to become one.
Aug 27, 2014 6:58 PM

Jun 2014
Clannad AS and White Album 2.

Aug 27, 2014 7:10 PM

Sep 2013
Mawaru Penguindrum. There was such much symbolic stuff in that anime. Most of it went over my head and I didn't even pick up on it until I read some interpretations.
Aug 27, 2014 10:12 PM

Jul 2012
kazuchu said:
Mawaru Penguindrum. There was such much symbolic stuff in that anime. Most of it went over my head and I didn't even pick up on it until I read some interpretations.

Oh man, such a complex show. Killed my brain cells at the same time xD But it got me into a bunch of different Japanese literature books (Superfrog saves the day, for example)
Aug 27, 2014 10:19 PM
Jul 2013
Sword Art Online and original Naruto.
Aug 27, 2014 11:19 PM
Jul 2014
kazuchu said:
Wasn't that show the one with the apple of fate or something? Yeah, the 'deepness' caught me off guard with that one.
I'M GONE NOW
Aug 27, 2014 11:20 PM

Mar 2013
mayukachan said:
kazuchu said:

Oh man, such a complex show. Killed my brain cells at the same time xD But it got me into a bunch of different Japanese literature books (Superfrog saves the day, for example)

Alls I know is at the end I still had no fucking clue what the hell the penguindrum is.
Aug 28, 2014 12:36 AM

Nov 2013
so you just want anime with quotes that sound wise.

2badm8 I know barely any.

Well, if you think it about this way.
-Kuroko no Basket: 'You are my light and I am your shadow, if you aren't there then I don't exist' or something like that.
Raise it up, raise up the happiness.
Aug 28, 2014 2:27 AM

Feb 2013
Naruto:It taught me how to deal with friendzones and be the "Coolest Guy"
Aug 28, 2014 3:06 AM
Aug 2013
Oregairu;
I've enhance my loner stability and reduce awkwardness by a mile.
Aug 28, 2014 6:12 AM

Oct 2010
Aeonic said:
iSuckAtWriting said:
At the top of my head...

Attack on Titan isn't a show I pegged to be any amount of thought-provoking. With a title and premise like that, it's easy to think it'd be total non stop action. But, that Attack on Titan managed to be thought-provoking, bringing in politics, conspiracies, and social stuff into the conflict so that just Titans aren't the antagonists, is as much of a surprise to me as it probably is, or will be, to others.
There's nothing remotely political about Attack on titan with the exception of an absolute monarchy governing the society within the walls. They never really explored why there was an absolute monarchical regime in the first place and never delved into the fact that the concept of freedom doesn't exist in medieval absolute monarchies. Before the glorious revolution of 1667 that took place in the Uk that facilitated natural rights given to all men, the monarchy had the "divine right" ( the monarch had a direct connection to god) that enabled it to make, execute and adjudicate the law; these are all the basic functions of the legislative, executive and judicial branches that we have in all modern governments. I don't know how Eren understood freedom existed when the notion individual of liberty was born out of a struggle between those that wanted to have the monarchy under the rule of law and the seat of the people's sovereignty ( the legislature) to those who opposed that notion believing in the divine rights of the monarch. However, there's no history to speak of regarding any struggle between those who support the notion of natural alienable rights that are protected under the law and royalists that espoused that the monarch's right to execute, make and adjudicate the law. It's not very political if you actually have a background in political science and I happen to be a political science student.

The light politica is part of it, but like I said there's also some conspiracy stuff going on towards the end as well as a brief glimpse into people's social behavior when confronted with what they don't know (a certain point about Eren). It's a mix of things that make Attack on Titan, like the OP suggests, surprisingly thought-provoking. It's not regarded as being in the same cerebral range as, say, Ghost in the Shell or Serial Experiments Lain, but it's a huge step up for a show that's a throwback to old action shonen series like Fist of the North Star. I don't have a political background, but there were certainly other things going on behind the scenes. (✿◠‿◠)
iSuckAtWritingAug 28, 2014 7:12 AM
Aug 28, 2014 6:17 AM

Jul 2014
Ping Pong the animation no doubt. Thought it'd be a typical sports anime but man was I wrong. That's how one does the whole friendship concept done right. It was just an amazing series.

A Certain Magical Index is another. This whole thing about Science vs Religion is fucking interesting.
"Hi!"
Aug 28, 2014 11:13 AM

Jul 2014
Mikatarukito said:
A Certain Magical Index is another. This whole thing about Science vs Religion is fucking interesting.

Only that? Ha, ha, ha. Me too, but too is the easy mode to laugh, the antihero inside many of the characters, the changes of side, without leave their own beliefs or ideologics. . . And than erotics are in the minimal things. So in a nun robes XD - with respect, this opinion is about an irreal animation not the real thing, there are many susceptible people when religion is named -.

Steins;Gate teach me about to fight for my goals, and to sense the truly mankind likes for conspirations to gain the power - nothing new under the sun! -.

Hatenko Yuugi, Dantalian no Shoka, Kino no Tabi these teach me about truly hide madness on mandkind, looking fo destruction or controlling people, so no remorse to kill many people hide inside.

Allison to Lillia teach me than you can obtain peace with your more staunch enemy, but other people on your side and their side will fight to destroy this peace.

Real Dive teach me love is timeless, so the mankind capacity to repair the things that destroys or damages, but ever be a person against this way, and go to destroy the efforts to create, to destroy or to change the plates for their own damned profit or status.

There are many than teach me to laugh HIGH with no remorse nor shame.

Enough!! ;D
DcyendAug 28, 2014 11:40 AM
I'll tell you something, my Tenchi. You know, the carnival comes and goes... if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi.
Aug 28, 2014 11:28 AM

Jul 2012
Death note made me think about what justice is and made me think who was right?

Fate zero talks about what it means to be a leader

Naruto when fighting pain ......look at pains great speech in my signature

Clannad made me realises how much my parents sacrificed everything for me

Shiki.....made me realises how humans are much more monster........

Dance in the vampire bund, trigun, ragnorok the animation elfen lied,......Humans fear and hate what they don't understand or is different from them

Monster......every human life is equal no matter what

Romeo and Juliet and Basilisk love can happen even if it's your enemy...........sort of?

FMA ..........brothers stick together no matter what

Cowboy bepop.......What ever happens happens.

Hell girl....Humans do stupid things when they are angry

Wolf.children......a mother's love is a powerful thing

Code gaess.....don't do what lelouch did

One piece .....don't be a racist......Well it doesn't exactly say that but the message is there.

Speed grapher........the rich are corrupted sick pricks
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Aug 28, 2014 11:35 AM

Jul 2014
Animefreak17a said:
Shiki.....made me realises how humans are much more monster........

Dance in the vampire bund, trigun, ragnorok the animation elfen lied,......Humans fear and hate what they don't understand or is different from them...
Hell girl....Humans do stupid things when they are angry...

Hey!! those are truth like fists!! so about the remains, but I centered on those I saw and liked...
I'll tell you something, my Tenchi. You know, the carnival comes and goes... if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi.
Aug 28, 2014 6:41 PM

Jun 2013
Sword Art Online.
[spoiler]I remember when the show first came out I thought this is just going to be another boring show about drama and struggle, but then it ended up being incredible. The characters they introduced were amzing, and the twists were stupendous like when they escaped sao after showing the guy with the shield was the vilain the whole time, and I was like, "omg I knew there was something off about that guy. And then when they killed off Asuna, my heart just sank, but then they go and reveal she is alive in another game. Or when the girl that kirito ends up with in the new game truns out to be his sister, totes caught me by surprise.
Aug 28, 2014 7:12 PM

Jul 2012
Avril_Lavigne said:
Sword Art Online.

So deep. I cry every time.
MayukaAug 28, 2014 7:28 PM
Aug 28, 2014 7:16 PM

Mar 2014
Avril_Lavigne said:
Sword Art Online.

me too... kinda. i didn't think much of it when i saw it coming out.
AzuStarAug 28, 2014 7:20 PM
Aug 28, 2014 7:17 PM

Mar 2013
Well I guess that means SAO was just 2deep4me
Aug 28, 2014 7:37 PM

Mar 2013
Shitcom
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Aug 28, 2014 7:40 PM

Mar 2014
DerpHole said:
Shitcom

i don't understand the hype of that minute animation.

it was kinda anticlimactic in every way

so much more could have been done.
Aug 28, 2014 9:28 PM

Jul 2012
AzuStar said:
DerpHole said:
Shitcom

But dat shock factor... MAL bitches love shock factor.
Aug 28, 2014 10:06 PM

Mar 2014
mayukachan said:
AzuStar said:

wut shock factor?

Aug 28, 2014 10:18 PM
Dec 2013
AzuStar said:
mayukachan said:

wut shock factor?

Aug 28, 2014 10:22 PM

Mar 2014
ScazoN said:
AzuStar said:

wut shock factor?

really? the was surprising? i was expecting it considering the time frame and
Aug 28, 2014 10:23 PM

Jul 2012
^
you must be the shock factor god then
we bow down to you
Aug 28, 2014 11:08 PM

Mar 2014
just rewatched it

yep

if i were to rate it, i would honestly given it at most, a 2/10. one extra point for the music.
Aug 29, 2014 11:17 AM

Jan 2014
Mawaru Penguindrum
Little Busters Refrain
Hotarubi no Mori e
Aug 29, 2014 5:04 PM
Dec 2013
Just watched Death Billiards last night and it was unexpectedly deep. Great work.
Aug 29, 2014 5:20 PM

Jul 2012
ScazoN said:
Just watched Death Billiards last night and it was unexpectedly deep. Great work.

Definitely didn't expect "that" to happen!
Aug 29, 2014 5:27 PM
Dec 2013
mayukachan said:
ScazoN said:

Definitely didn't expect "that" to happen!
Yeah, that was very surprising. Loved how unpredictable it was so to see "that" was kinda satisfying.
Aug 29, 2014 11:51 PM

Jun 2014
Anything by Makoto Shinkai. Maybe it was just the atmosphere but in Voices of A distant star and in 5 CM Per Second, personally, it really got me contemplating about the messages of distance and such.
Aug 30, 2014 2:07 AM

Apr 2014
Great Teacher Onizuka: Mind completely blown after finishing the series. It isn't just a dumb idiot who wants to teach, it is a lot more then that.
Sep 3, 2014 12:13 PM

Sep 2014
anohana
ngnl
Code geass
Death note
Evangelion
Another
Air TV
Tokyo Ravens
私 は あ な た が 私 を 養 う た い !

Sep 3, 2014 12:44 PM

Jan 2014
The deepest thing in Geass is how much it puzzles me how people think it's deep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2014 12:46 PM

Jul 2010
Legend of the galactic heroes.
Sep 3, 2014 2:16 PM

Oct 2013
Revolutionary Girl Utena has some heavy symbolism going on and makes you think about themes about adolescense, sexuality and what it means to be a responsible human being.

Tatami Galaxy tells a simple story and makes you question yourself and choices you make or not, and what it means to live.

Hunter x Hunter 2011 Chimera Ant Arc. Makes you think about human nature, individuality, the human ego and what happiness is.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Sep 3, 2014 3:03 PM

May 2013
Silver Spoon - Gave a brief oversight into the world of farming.
GuP - Why the info' about the tanks of course.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» If there a Cute Guys doing cute thing would you watch it?

RedTea33 - May 9

31 by alexw1020 »»
3 minutes ago

» What are some anime moments that made you kiss the screen?

Catalano - 9 hours ago

17 by SgtBateMan »»
6 minutes ago

» Successor to "Isekai"

NostalgiaDrive94 - Today

22 by Akuya »»
7 minutes ago

» Most underrated anime you have seen?

HotHamlet - 33 minutes ago

4 by anonymate »»
9 minutes ago

» Do you want anime in 4k(or in 8k)

Makoto_Yuri - Jan 25, 2022

41 by TsutanaiFuun »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.