Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kobato.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 20, 2009 3:51 PM

Jun 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Somehow I'm getting more and more curious about the long haired guy's story. Though it seems like they want to keep the revelation of that for later.
Also very lovely how Kobato just asked that guy to share an umbrella with the girl even after she stood right next to them.

Overall I liked this episode probably the best so far, since it was pretty solid.
Only thing that gets a bit on my nerves is some of the comedy.
Oct 20, 2009 4:17 PM

Apr 2009
Chi chan!!! I can't hate this episode
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Oct 20, 2009 4:57 PM

Feb 2008
haha. well that turned out nice. but don't tell me we are getting the typical story of those who heal hearts and those who scar them. that is just lame. we just got the same thing from Fight Ippatsu...with more ecchi.
Oct 20, 2009 5:07 PM

Nov 2007
Rainy day.

Sayaka sensei gave Kobato a place to live, a bit different from manga, I think. Chitose appears. Kobato dropped Ioryogi!

A girl who bumped into Kobato is more considerate.

I cannot help but to be understood of Fujimoto being worried about Sayaka.

Somehow some scenes from the exams chapters mixed in this ep., too. Chiroru shop and rainy day with the umbrella. That girl was the one who lend her umbrella, too! A boy who knows the girl has been added?

That boy being mean to that girl reminds Kobato of Fujimoto.

Fujimoto lend Kobato his unbrella because he doesn't want to be in the same umbrella.

That girl saw the boy in the same umbrella with another girl.

Twin sisters appears (I heard Megumi's talking voice first time...)

Kobato is asking the boy to share in the same umbrella with the girl. That boy explained about the misunderstanding. Thus she got another one.

The Konbeitou has two in the ending, too!

The two main characters from Wish appeared! Kobato will meet both of them next ep.
tsubasaloverOct 20, 2009 5:11 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 20, 2009 5:28 PM

Jul 2009
Yeah, Kobato isnt a homeless klutz anymore!(though still a total klutz) erhmm...wait, isnt that place where our lovely chii lived? omfg and theres chii! even in white/black double pack lulz~ now I only need Kamui to give this a perfect score lol...
Oct 20, 2009 5:51 PM

Nov 2008
Yay for Chobits and Wish references! \o/
Oct 20, 2009 6:02 PM
Dec 2008
i find it annoying that the stuffed animal like thing breathes fire.... and if its just a representative sign of its anger they should make an episode that puts a note on the fire breath that says so -.-... really annoys me for some reason... if it wasn't for the stuffed animal breathing fire and being so generally annoying i think i could rate it an 8 instead of the 7 i currently plan on rating it once its finished.

i think i wouldnt mind it if it was just a mean stuffed animal that DOSENT breathe fire, since it would give some contrast to the main caracter... also it would have been good if they didnt do the stuffed animal give a 1 to 100 rating of the day to the protagonist. its just stupid and annoying. what about biting instead of fire breathing....

i mean... hes essential.. if it wasnt for the stuffed animal and the mean guy that treats her like crap it would just be another aria which i found very boring and slightly stressing... which i rated a 7 and i think i should have rated lower now that i think about it...

other than that i find it a pretty decent anime... and this was my favorite episode out of the 3 so far... tho it might not be saying too much. plus the blond guy at the end of the episode added some intrigue..
bennyaltucaOct 20, 2009 6:13 PM
Oct 20, 2009 6:17 PM

Sep 2009
I liked this episode. There was also the introduction of an additional plot line. I didn't really expect to have a Chobits flashback...though I guess it shouldn't be too surprising.
Oct 20, 2009 6:20 PM

Apr 2009
Great episode. <3

Yay for the Chobits and Wish characters that are in the episode~
Kobato now has 2 candys.

"Free Falcon Punch for Everybody!"|Nani?|MCC Badge|
Oct 20, 2009 7:01 PM

Jun 2009
Not bad, slow episode but it was better that way.
Oct 20, 2009 7:49 PM

Aug 2009
lostinabook said:
Yay for Chobits and Wish references! o/

Lol I noticed that
Sig iz in deh makingz

Still learningz

:3
Oct 20, 2009 7:59 PM

Sep 2008
omg i didn't know this was clamp until i saw the Chiis look alike!! now i love it even more XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2009 8:02 PM

Sep 2008
when shi apeared i bean to remember that clamp always do the same characters, and now kobato must be the neighbor of Hideki and Chi, not to mention the girl that she helped is like the one in X just like the guy at the end
i would LOL very hard if see her healing the magic knights or Sakura
....in the end she didn returned the umbrela to the shop....
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 20, 2009 8:30 PM

Jul 2009
This turned out to be interesting..
An odd way to heal people, but it works..two candy for Kobato
Ioryogi in mud make me laugh
Oct 20, 2009 8:48 PM

Apr 2009
Yeah she didn't returne the umbrella...and where was her original umbrella. I mean she did fall out of the sky with it and it was there in the begining of the episode. Odd. Loved seeing my two lil chi's :)
Oct 20, 2009 9:13 PM

May 2007
Hehe cuuute! Ioryogi continues being hilarious, and Kobato learns more about relationships. x3 And lol at the two Chi's out of nowhere. o__O
I wonder who was the person at the end with the weird hairstyle. XD

Oct 20, 2009 10:40 PM

Jan 2009
Better than last week but this anime sure knows how to put people to sleep
Oct 20, 2009 11:15 PM

Jun 2007
The first thing I thought when I saw those apartments was "wow, those look exactly like the ones from Chobits." And then I was like, yeah well that would make sense. Both series are done by CLAMP. Then sensei introduced Chitose. Duh. It is the same aparment complex!

Oct 20, 2009 11:28 PM

Apr 2008
bennyaltuca said:
i find it annoying that the stuffed animal like thing breathes fire.... and if its just a representative sign of its anger they should make an episode that puts a note on the fire breath that says so -.-... really annoys me for some reason... if it wasn't for the stuffed animal breathing fire and being so generally annoying i think i could rate it an 8 instead of the 7 i currently plan on rating it once its finished.

Ioryogi-san is more than just a stuffed animal, though, which has been referenced a couple of times already in the anime. Just like Kobato, despite all her clumsiness, is more than just a normal girl. We find out more about this later. CLAMP usually doesn't do things meaninglessly, when it comes to the plot of their stories.

Try to settle back and relax, and enjoy the show. It's going to be more than just a slice of life deal with Kobato healing hearts every ep or so. Many of us CLAMP fans are having tons of fun just finding the cross-references with other CLAMP anime and manga- e.g. the Ushagi-chan, the pastry chef from todays episode, Chitose and the Twins, Kohaku and Souichirou. So far the Chobits references are just references, but if you read the manga, there's more meaning behind the Wish references, though I don't quite know what the full importance might be though. I'm hoping to find more of these, since CLAMP seems to like sneaking them in here and there. They like to tie all their stories together.
Oct 20, 2009 11:39 PM

Nov 2007
Whoa. Wish crossover is starting.

Next episode seems to be focused on Kobato and Kohaku.

just one question... Why did Kohaku sensed Kobato's presence? gasp. Kinda like Saki! Does Kobato have some awesome mahjong powers? lol.

Oct 20, 2009 11:57 PM

Dec 2007
nice one with the chobits reference there, even the building where she is staying is the same

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Oct 21, 2009 12:27 AM

Aug 2008
its getting more and more interesting, this series. and ioryogi-san is so cute!! and i like kobato and fujimoto together. but isit me or is there something going on between fujimoto and sayaka??
Oct 21, 2009 1:14 AM

Jan 2008
Haha, the whole building from Chobbits, even Chitose and twin Chi's are there XD
Oct 21, 2009 2:34 AM

Jan 2009
Oh lawd, I lol'd as early as in the beginning x)

And then I find it quite annoying how gg translates the names : o An example is Fujimoto, that's what they say, but the translation reads Kiyokazu, oh well, not that it matters anyway

Woaah! Twins who look like Chii O.O
Striking resemblance.
aero said:
Haha, the whole building from Chobbits, even Chitose and twin Chi's are there XD

Exactly my point

So, who's that Kohaku anyway?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 21, 2009 2:41 AM

Aug 2007
i froze when chii showed up. i mean holy shit man!
Oct 21, 2009 4:02 AM

Nov 2007
Oosran said:

And then I find it quite annoying how gg translates the names : o An example is Fujimoto, that's what they say, but the translation reads Kiyokazu, oh well, not that it matters anyway
gg is using American localisation for their subs, so Fujimoto is referred to by his given name(Kiyokazu) and not his family name (Fujimoto). Doesn't bother me at all since I also listen to the dialogue.

Anyway, this episode really makes me want to watch Chobits. I spotted the characters and knew who they were but still...
Oct 21, 2009 4:15 AM

Sep 2007
Wtf? Kobato move into the Chobits mansion?! Damn you CLAMP and your crossovers >_<

And gg lolness is bliss sometimes :D
Oct 21, 2009 5:40 AM

Aug 2007
KOHAKU! I wonder why did she appear so early...

And the twins are just so adorable!

Oct 21, 2009 7:08 AM

Apr 2008
Chobits awesomeness xD

Pretty interesting ... though this episode quite somewhat boring o_o

Oct 21, 2009 7:16 AM

Jan 2009
vertrag said:
KOHAKU! I wonder why did she appear so early...

Oh me and spoilertags, not a good combination >.>

And while I'm at it,
Kantarou said:
Oosran said:

gg is using American localisation for their subs, so Fujimoto is referred to by his given name(Kiyokazu) and not his family name (Fujimoto). Doesn't bother me at all since I also listen to the dialogue.

I realized that after making the post and leaving the house, so I didn't bother changing it, and I listen to the dialogue as much as I can with my lacking skills in Japanese, and that's just something that got to me : |

SunyiNyufi said:
And gg lolness is bliss sometimes :D

And yes, I was gonna mention that too, but I didn't.. for some reason O.o
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 21, 2009 7:40 AM

Feb 2008
Oh yes, Chii & Freya in muh Kobato.
Where are Sakura and Yuuko?
Oct 21, 2009 8:08 AM

Aug 2009

Oh CLAMP. You and your crossover fetish.

Are we going to see Watanuki or Shaoran too? Or pass by some kids playing Angelic Layer?
Oct 21, 2009 8:15 AM
Feb 2009
suddenly a whole bunch of "new" characters pop up n made a non-manga reader like me all confuse... o.o

probably begin to get use to its slow pace, i enjoyed this ep more compared to the first 2
oblivious is a bliss
Oct 21, 2009 8:44 AM
Nov 2008
I am SO glad that there are good warm and fuzzy shows like Kobato and Kimi ni Todoke airing. I made the mistake of watching Kanon and Kimi ga Nozomu Eien back to back, so it's fantastic to have counter-sadness matereal like this to watch right now.

Umbrellas are complicated! O.o

Chobits parallels! :D

Never seen Wish though. Might have to look into it.

Anyways, loved it!
Oct 21, 2009 9:00 AM

Mar 2009
I liked it.

Oct 21, 2009 10:12 AM

Feb 2008
Fuck, so many delicious crossovers.
Oct 21, 2009 10:18 AM

May 2008
I get the feeling CLAMP is reusing their old characters, but it might just be me...

Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 21, 2009 10:19 AM

Feb 2008
Serenti said:
I get the feeling CLAMP is reusing their old characters, but it might just be me...

Sent with Mal Updater
Not reusing. It's called a 'crossover' and it's very much the kinda thing that makes CLAMP, well, CLAMP.
Oct 21, 2009 10:21 AM

Oct 2009
Yay twins Chii were adorable <3
Oct 21, 2009 10:43 AM

Jul 2009
Gotta love CLAMP and their crossover

Wish and Chobits in one episode was extremely satisfying my favorite episode so far, I love crossovers one of the main reasons I love CLAMP

Keep it coming :P
Oct 21, 2009 12:51 PM

Apr 2009
Nice :D Cool references and cameo. I'm looking forward now when Kouhaku and Shuichirou is introduced.
Oct 21, 2009 1:10 PM

Sep 2007
Sharing umbrellas is serious fucking business.
Oct 21, 2009 1:37 PM

Mar 2008
ROFLMAO Ioryogi standing behind the window in the beginning scared hell out of
me XDDD; Gotta love him!

Sweet episode anyways :3
Oct 21, 2009 2:22 PM

Jul 2008
Loved every episode so far!
What I find extremely annoying, however, is that stuffed animal.
He just ruins the whole mood of the show for me when he gets angry.
Apart from that, Kobato is just too cute! And yay for the every so adorable Chii!~
KruxiaOct 21, 2009 2:25 PM
mcc badge

Toph: "Even though I was born blind, I've never had any problems seeing."
Oct 21, 2009 2:29 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Serenti said:

Sent with Mal Updater

Nope, all CLAMP series are set in CLAMP Multiverse, a collection of parallel universes/different worlds in which sentient beings live different lives and different fates. The robots Chii and Freya from the world of Chobits are instead human twins in the world of Kobato.

Tsubasa Reservois Chronicles and xxxHolic are the main series that deal with an inter-universe plot. In other words, all CLAMP series describe ONE single continuity, that is, the CLAMP Multiverse.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 21, 2009 3:12 PM

Aug 2008
I guess Kobato's bluntness is a strength of hers.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2009 3:13 PM
Aug 2009
God I loved the chii clone twins :D 5 out of 5 especially just for that and there'd be "urusai urusai urusai!" action it would be 6 out of 5 (I know its not same producer but still :D even umineko had it O_o^^ )
Oct 21, 2009 3:13 PM

Sep 2009
CHOBITS =)
Cute episode. I'm starting to really enjoy this anime! I really should read the manga.
And I need to watch more CLAMP stuff.
out-ofthe-woods.tumblr.com

(✿◠‿◠)
Oct 21, 2009 4:23 PM

Feb 2009
Man, this show knows how to put a smile on your face. :D
Oct 21, 2009 5:09 PM

May 2008
Liked the Chobits crossover in the episode.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kobato. Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 23, 2010

236 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 29, 5:18 PM

Poll: » Kobato. Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Mar 2, 2010

115 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 26, 12:24 PM

Poll: » Kobato. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kappaka - Oct 6, 2009

237 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 6, 10:32 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Kobato Episode 23

KingSunWukong - Dec 12, 2023

0 by KingSunWukong »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:18 PM

» Hanato Kobato is an example of "The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Kiryotsu - Oct 22, 2023

0 by Kiryotsu »»
Oct 22, 2023 1:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.