Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 16, 2016 7:00 PM

Mar 2012
Red_Keys said:
Monochrome said:
The episode itself was pretty awful honestly. The ~mysterious~ Sousuke drama is more laughable than anything in the first season so far, get on with it already.
Seriously.

Like, what the fucking hell?

"I was looking for... something..."
"What is it?"
"I don't know..."
"Did you find it?"
"... I don't know..."
"THAT MAKES ME MAD, ARE YOU TAKING THIS SERIOUSLY??"
"IT'S BECAUSE I'M SERIOUS THAT I DON'T KNOW, BECAUSE I CAN'T UNDERSTAND"

What the fuuuuckkkk is this shit? It legit sounds like a conversation from an anime parody or something.

The vague unexplained angst that seems to be there just to be a contrived and forced generic plot point instead of a legitimate character development is just.. unintentionally hilarious. A conflict can't create interest or drama for me if I don't even know what the hell it is.

This season really took an unfortunate nose dive.

THIS.
i just cracked up at this moment because WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU BOTH TALKING ABOUT? really?

and i was so distracted by the english and everything from the preview that i didn't even notice a new character.
new character? who?
Apr 5, 2016 8:56 AM
Jul 2018
This season is really bringing out all the angst and feels. The drama with Sousuke is pretty dumb though.

Kiss me kiss me kiss me kiss me...
May 2, 2016 8:01 AM

Jun 2010
Is it wrong that I wanna see some yaoi between Sosuke and Rin right now.. :DD
I just simply love them together ~<3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2017 9:23 PM

Jul 2009
The relay was fun to watch :D I do agree that Sousuke's moping is kind of annoying though, I hope they can resolve it and his feelings too :S Otherwise, I'm glad to see Haru taking the relay seriously, even if not his future haha :P ALSO THAT PREVIEW, KISS ME KISS ME PERFECT BODY LOL!!! XD
Nov 14, 2017 2:15 PM
Sep 2015
stephtastrophe said:
Rei and Matoko's faces when Nagisa put that strawberry protein powder stuff on his food! LOL! Yeah, it looked gross though.

That was the funniest part of the episode!
Oct 27, 2018 10:32 AM

Aug 2017
They lost!! It seems that there is a clash between Rin and Sousuke. I hope that Gou helps with that.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 4, 2019 7:52 PM

Jul 2016
Man, Rei should give lectures about motivation in life or something. The speech he gave Haru was really nice. Those were some pretty heartfelt words.

Entertaining episode overall. Sousuke's character still doesn't fully convince me. I think he needs just a bit more of development so I hope he receives more focus in the next episode.

Kiss me, kiss me, kiss me, perfect body, perfect body~
xD
Oct 25, 2019 3:20 PM

Jun 2014
Sousuke is acting weird, so he'd better snap out of it soon, or else Rin is going to be further pissed off.

Aug 12, 2021 6:45 PM
Sep 2018
Very good episode as always. Sousuke is always sad, but why this? Too bad they lost the relay but it happens, but I hope they will improve !
Aug 14, 2021 7:52 PM

May 2019
Ha! Nagisa and that protein powder!

Apr 1, 2022 2:03 PM

Feb 2020
They lost. :< Well, I guess that was kinda expected.

Pretty intense and dramatic episode.
Jul 9, 2023 5:27 PM
Jul 2021
Oh men someone said the exact same words Sousuke said to Aiichirou in the stairs after Rin decided who was going to be part of the team and Nitori was out. 

I was also cut off from the team next relay prem and feeling like sh!t, trying my very best not to cry in the looker room. 

Sitting on a bench between lockers and I heard a rough "out the way kid" and I looked and there was right in there on my right side, Owen and Jason, Captain and vice captain of the team. And Owen asked me why did I swim, I gave him a half backed reason and he got mad at me slamming the locker door really hard and he asked me again. 

I told him the real reasons, how swimming made me feel free, alive and that I enjoyed everything related with swimming, the cheering, the warm feel good sensation I felt every time I flew off the starting block and that once I hit the water I felt one with it. The companionship & friendships I had with the rest of team, And the winning of course.

But I was in a bad place and the swimming results had started to show it and I wanted to quit the team & swimming forever. He just looks at me and said: "Kid, don't destroy your own potential before you even try" then both of them just left me to ponder things.

I know you'll never read this Owen, but thank you so much for those words! You helped me beyond words with those words. Thanks to you I didn't quit the team and I became the captain of the team and had a ton of fun swimming and winning.

On a much lighter, funnier note: I still can't get over with "even gayer swimming" in the op lmfao.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Free!: Eternal Summer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2014

189 by hidenashi »»
Feb 9, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Free!: Eternal Summer Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2014

125 by hidenashi »»
Feb 8, 7:16 PM

Poll: » Free!: Eternal Summer Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2014

107 by hidenashi »»
Feb 5, 7:56 PM

Poll: » Free!: Eternal Summer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2014

113 by hidenashi »»
Feb 5, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Free!: Eternal Summer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2014

304 by hidenashi »»
Feb 3, 8:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.