Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 9, 2014 12:13 PM

Apr 2010
skudoops said:
AICW said:

You made a lot of good points and I hope they get explained in the next episode.

But I can answer this question. It goes back to physics (again lol). As soon as Inko saw the fist coming at her, she hit her jet thrusters and boosted away from it but in the same direction while at the same time lowering her mech down so the fist hit at at a sloped angle instead of dead-on.

She also had Inaho's mech behind her which absorbed some of the momentum so that's why she took less damage. It's essentially the same concept as sloped armour in that hitting something at an angle bleeds off some of the kinetic energy so it doesn't hit as hard.

Well I figured since it was punching holes through the hull of the career like it was nothing that they wouldn't be able to stand up to it.

I guess you can also think of it like this:

You're in a car driving at 50 kilometers per hour (for sake of this situation, imagine this is an indestructible car lol). What will cause more damage: hitting a car that is not moving, or hitting a car that is in front at you but moving at 40 kph.

y123y said:
WHATTT!!!!!! Inaho's plan failed!!??? WhAT!!!!! IS THIS WHAT A MIRACLE IS LIKE!!!??

LMAO

Mar 2013
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
maybe we'll finally get some emotions out of the MC if his sis dies

Between him and Tatsuya from Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, they both are very emotionless. Still a great episode.
Jun 2010
Inaho becoming the new emperor of Earth?
Aug 9, 2014 12:16 PM

Jan 2014
ilok said:

I would say new emperor of Mars. He needs to make Martians less stupid and aggressive.
Earth already has democracy. Thank you.
Aug 9, 2014 12:20 PM

Apr 2011
Love the flying punches very cool concept.
Feb 2012
Looked like a Kataphract was connected to Slaines jet so I guess they may have a Aldnoah Drive soon.
Jan 2014
zetsubousei_hero said:
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:

Between him and Tatsuya from Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, they both are very emotionless. Still a great episode.

In Inaho's case, maybe he could shed a tear, if we're LUCKY.

But in Godsuya's case, he would just destroy Earth and reconstruct it, then destroy it again and repeat the same cycle a few times until he finds another imouto.
Aug 9, 2014 12:25 PM

Oct 2007
Hikarusuke said:

Yeah pretty revolutionary never before seen stuff for robot anime......haha

y123y said:
I see alot of people here complaining about Marito... Do you know what PTSD is? Cause if you dont, then look it up.

Your not thinking of it in terms of how the hype crowd sees it. He's showing human weakness in front of the Martians instead of just going out there and sticking it to them while blaring Sawano music plays in the background and there's explosions everywhere. That's decidedly unhype.
PeacingOutAug 9, 2014 12:29 PM
Aug 9, 2014 12:26 PM
Jun 2010
chickenonthepan said:
ilok said:

I would say new emperor of Mars. He needs to make Martians less stupid and aggressive.
Earth already has democracy. Thank you.

If they go for a Geass plotline,I can see Earth Mars united under a new emperor. Hell, maybe Mars becomes the resistance, lol.
Aug 9, 2014 12:29 PM

Mar 2011
y123y said:
WHATTT!!!!!! Inaho's plan failed!!??? WhAT!!!!! IS THIS WHAT A MIRACLE IS LIKE!!!??

People complain when the MC of a show is incompetent and when the writer decides to put a competent MC in the show people still complain. Its rather hilarious really.

Anyway the plot kinda needed Slaine to save the day since it demanded to show the terrans that Slaine was not hostile, after all Slaine was in a martian aircraft.
Raziel1991Aug 9, 2014 12:33 PM
Aug 9, 2014 12:29 PM

Sep 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Well they did lose the one guy in the 2nd episode that was in his school group but he hasn't been mentioned since then and I totally can't even remember his name because he had like one line in the entire show and it was about finding the Princess attractive and then he's dead.

It's funny though cause I get the sense that Inaho cares more about getting to use these battles as some sort of science experiment and personal challenge than he actually does about protecting friends, family and allies since scientific stuff always seems to be the end result of every interaction he has with people and his spoken dialogue in general. The whole science obsession really is like his sole major defining trait as a character. Like you can tell he's way more interested in learning about this whole Aldnoah thing when talking with Asselyeum than actually interacting with and trying to understand where Asselyeum is coming from and then when he has a chance to pontificate about his scientific knowledge he just launches into this random who the fuck cares spiel about how Slaine was wrong about the way light refracts off the Earth's atmosphere comically earning him a pout from the Princess.

I consider the friend dying as another nameless folk because even though they gave him a name, it didn't matter cause he was never even established as an actual character. Lol.

I agree that they are slowly revealing a bit more about his obsession with science.. maybe he really is a sociopath, like a legitimate sociopath, it might not be good for an MC character but it could be interesting if they go really into it. Unfortunately he does smile to people sometimes so I feel like that kind of ruins that trait a bit. Who knows, maybe now that Slaine is with them they can even out the focus on characters a bit more and make Inaho more of a side main character and it could work more.
Aug 9, 2014 12:33 PM

Jun 2013
Inaho shows his tactical prowess again but this time he actually botch. Really, it really showed how he went into distress over that one shot and then botched the others because he lost his cool. I hope those people that wants to see Inaho fail and Slaine being a big damn hero are happy now.
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Aug 9, 2014 12:33 PM

Oct 2007
Raziel1991 said:
y123y said:

People complain when the MC of a show is incompetent and when the writer decides to put a competent MC in the show people still complain. Its rather hilarious really.

Anyway the plot kinda needed Slaine to save the day since the plot demanded to show the terrans that Slaine was not hostile, after all Slaine was in a martian aircraft.

For me it was more that it was going to get really old and rote if they just stuck to him being the sole savior every episode so it was nice to see him need an x factor he couldnt calculate on his own in Slaine even if it was the traditional last ditch just in time save.
Aug 9, 2014 12:35 PM
Aug 2008
its retro.
mazinger, gaiking, voltus v (cant remember which one that have flying punch)

Kaioshin_Sama said:
Hikarusuke said:

Yeah pretty revolutionary never before seen stuff for robot anime......haha

y123y said:
I see alot of people here complaining about Marito... Do you know what PTSD is? Cause if you dont, then look it up.

Your not thinking of it in terms of how the hype crowd sees it. He's showing human weakness in front of the Martians instead of just going out there and sticking it to them while blaring Sawano music plays in the background and there's explosions everywhere. That's decidedly unhype.
Aug 9, 2014 12:37 PM
Aug 9, 2014 12:38 PM

Dec 2013
Although the character development was nice this episode, the rest of the episode really did fall flat on the side of yawn. The whole non character soldiers dying whilst others are saved like that girl (I kno about using her busters to minimalise the damage, it was just an ugh moment)

The action is too boring for me.

zetsubousei_hero said:
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:

Yeah, but at least Tatsuya got mad the other week, and he did look scary, other than that, he's as emotional as a sack of potatoes.
Aug 9, 2014 12:39 PM
Mar 2010
More Slaine and Lt. Marito please. Less Inaho please. Though, how the heck did Slaine escape so easily? Yeah, I know that maybe they let him live because of what that one guy said about Slaine's father's connection to Aldnoah but that leads to another question, why didn't they question him all this time? Seems like a lame excuse.

Hope we get an explanation in the next episode.

Yes, I'm watching this mainly for Slaine.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Aug 9, 2014 12:43 PM

Jun 2013
jdbe said:
Although the character development was nice this episode, the rest of the episode really did fall flat on the side of yawn. The whole non character soldiers dying whilst others are saved like that girl (I kno about using her busters to minimalise the damage, it was just an ugh moment)

zetsubousei_hero said:

Yeah, but at least Tatsuya got mad the other week, and he did look scary, other than that, he's as emotional as a sack of potatoes.

Yeah, Tatsuya got mad and procceded to massacre a bunch of triads with his uber-sniping of obliteration. Inaho snipes with a normal weapon, botches and actually loses his cool. Plus Tatsuya had like 18 episodes.
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Aug 9, 2014 12:46 PM
Oct 2010
Raziel1991 said:
y123y said:

All that needs to happen is middle ground. I don't think Inaho's plan failed either so to speak, they just didn't have the required manpower/ammunition for it. His plan was only to stop the bridge from getting hit and he succeeded in doing so (of course with slaine's help).
Aug 9, 2014 12:51 PM

Dec 2013
HunterTennouji said:
jdbe said:

Yeah, Tatsuya got mad and procceded to massacre a bunch of triads with his uber-sniping of obliteration. Inaho snipes with a normal weapon, botches and actually loses his cool. Plus Tatsuya had like 18 episodes.

Yeah I know, I didn't like how it took 18 episodes for Tatsuya to be slightly developed, well annoying.

But enough about Tatsuya, everyone knows this show is pretty predictable, but it'd be so good if the writers thought ”hey, let's add a few twists and turns here or there, why not make the opponents really difficult, let's see all the characters pull 'together' to defeat the kataphrakts ect"

Predicable series are fine if the writers really add drama to the end outcome, this episode started off being it's usual way, but it did change for the better.

Hopefully the fight lasts most of next episode, I wanna watch a roller coaster of a fight, not a 5 minute 2 hit KO by Inaho saving the day by himself.

Nov 2012
oh they actually fix it, inahoe emotionless attitude and incapability of regular grant. nice.

and oh that vers auntie, really have good micro skill huh? or are you a newtype?

AND MARITO YOU GO DIE PLEASE, I KNOW YOU HAVE PTSD BUT YOU ARE FVKING ANNOYING.

slaine to the rescue! combine your plot armor power with inahoe, that auntie is no match for you!

i think later the useless princess ass will give Aldnoah Drive to inahoe and slaine
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro

Mar 2014
Finally Slaine's swapping sides! The battle this week was pretty interesting and the idea to use blast pressure to stop the flying fists was pretty smart. Inaho + Science= win.
Aug 9, 2014 12:53 PM
Nov 2013
I hope you die soon Slaine weak and ridiculous character as well as their fans, talk about the MC which is the most excitement this ridiculous Slaine, he catches the guy and does not react, do not know if Express common fully capped character that serves neither be villain pokemom.
Aug 9, 2014 12:55 PM

Jul 2014
That was indeed a goood episode yet still not the best.
Now people can stop complaining how and why Inaho's plans were always working in the previous episode.
Slaine escaped pretty easy, I didn't expect that. Is he bringing along a Kataphrakt on his Sky Carrier's back ? I am pretty sure i saw a feet that looks like a Kataphrakt.
They explained what Aldnoah Drive is, and how that thing worked. Wonderfully done, I can see Inaho will makes a plan which involve slaine to work up with him.

Aug 9, 2014 12:57 PM
Jul 2018
vieri32 said:
I hope you die soon Slaine weak and ridiculous character as well as their fans, talk about the MC which is the most excitement this ridiculous Slaine, he catches the guy and does not react, do not know if Express common fully capped character that serves neither be villain pokemom.

wat

I actually came here to say that Slaine is best character, although that isn't saying much since none of the characters are very good so far.
Aug 9, 2014 12:57 PM

Jul 2013
Now THAT was a MAJOR improvement over everything we've got so far.
Some actual character development going on.
Inaho finally emoting somewhat.
The real plus here is the fight scene. We finally got to see some of the other characters get put to work instead of just Inaho. There was also ACTUAL tension going on, not everything went exactly as planned for Inaho and the crew and that added some much needed suspense in this show. Inaho still needs to show some flaw or goal as to where his character is going but now that we have seen improvement I am willing to wait a bit.

Keep it up Aldnoah, you may have redeemed yourself yet
Aug 9, 2014 12:59 PM
Nov 2013
great emotions Slaine, he catches every episode of his superiors did not react, do not cry, do not meche one muscle of his face, made ​​a silent accepts all robo, and yet there are people who complain about the intelligence of the MC.
Aug 9, 2014 1:00 PM

Jul 2014
Good episode. Finally Inaho and Slaine meet.
Loly chan wants a mecha lol.
Aug 9, 2014 1:02 PM
Nov 2013
HikariJake said:
vieri32 said:

wat

I actually came here to say that Slaine is best character, although that isn't saying much since none of the characters are very good so far.

great emotions Slaine, he catches every episode of his superiors did not react, do not cry, do not meche one muscle of his face, made ​​a silent accepts all robo, and yet there are people who complain about the intelligence of the MC.
Aug 9, 2014 1:11 PM

Mar 2014
Worst thing about this anime is marito, most useless character now, his side story so far is ruining the rest of the show, them drinking on the boat before the fight is probably the most poorly edited scenes ive seen in a couple of seasons, along with slains escape. If they can somehow get rid of marito, I can most diffinitely enjoy this anime to my fullest extent.

BTW: I think they should have killed marito off when he was fighting trillram, and I hope they do make something of this marito guy so they wouldn't have wasted such precious screen time on him.
Also I can't remember other poorly edited scenes from the past seasons but I'm sure I'll remember one day.

BTW: just read some previous post and realized aldnoah.zero has best forum MAL.
zunderdog24Aug 9, 2014 1:24 PM