Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 18, 2009 4:16 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Continuation of the ep.1. The young boy in that main character is a ghost?

Taking care of the accident an the reporting.

Really weird... The ghost that he drew when he was young is still haunting him.
tsubasaloverOct 18, 2009 4:25 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 18, 2009 8:35 AM

Oct 2009
Really scary episode. That ghost made me scared really bad. Shizuko and her suicide also make me wonder why would she do that when she has a nice kid named Shigeko. I also wonder if Shizuko has some incest problem with the way she was sleeping with her child to a point where she was squeezing him close to her face. I noticed Oba Yozo was bullied a lot and made fun of when he was young but there was this weird kid that was ok with him and that he helped, wonder about him. The boss of Shizuko from the newspaper looks really strict. The friend of the Oba takes advantage of him by taking money from people who interviewed him. The small detective guy looks really weird with his eyes and I don't trust him. At the end I am really worried about Shizuko and what Oba might do to her, especially with that ghost having a grin on his face that looks nasty. I also don't understand the father and his mask thing (is it to scare Yozo when he did something bad)? Did like a lot the hat design of the school in the old days and still liking the art design of the anime. Also like a lot the intro by that 3D guy. It is good info but do not get all of it.
francismeunierOct 26, 2009 7:02 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 19, 2009 3:01 PM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
Shizuko and her suicide also make me wonder why would she do that when she has a nice kid named Shirako (not sure because the name sounds really bad when I listen to raw)?
I had the exact same thought~

"The small detective guy looks really weird with his eyes and I don't trust him."
I believe that was the butler (or so) who takes care of Oba.

"I also don't understand the father and his mask thing (is it to scare Yozo when he did something bad)?"
I think that was the image Oba has of his father(big, tall, strict, scary...), or so. Anyway it was his own imagination only.

Overall, the 2nd ep didnt impress me as much as ep1 did. I hope we will get a great conclusion in ep3, be it homicide or another suicide or whatever~
Oct 21, 2009 5:49 PM

Oct 2009
vinesage said:
francismeunier said:
Shizuko and her suicide also make me wonder why would she do that when she has a nice kid named Shirako (not sure because the name sounds really bad when I listen to raw)?
I had the exact same thought~

That is nice that we both wonder same things. Figured out it could just be the way things are in Japan at the 1930 time period.
"The small detective guy looks really weird with his eyes and I don't trust him."
vinesage said:
I believe that was the butler (or so) who takes care of Oba.

Yeah it is, now I know after some subs for episode 1. He is but he could also be someone who reports to the father also.
"I also don't understand the father and his mask thing (is it to scare Yozo when he did something bad)?"
vinesage said:
I think that was the image Oba has of his father(big, tall, strict, scary...), or so. Anyway it was his own imagination only.

Ok, interesting and thanks for clear up again vinesage.

Oct 23, 2009 11:57 PM

Jul 2009
Phew..nice continuation..
It really scary about the monster dude..but i laugh a little bit when the guy trying to draw himself and the monster just posing up..XD

So now he stuck with another older woman..who already trying to committed suicide..this could be interesting
Oct 24, 2009 3:33 AM

Jan 2009
Hmm.. cool story bro .. would fit in, except that the story is actually pretty cool xD
Although.. This guy's.. had a really traumatic life O.o

And his ghost/monster-thingy is.. really.. weird : / And slightly scary O.o
...wait.. Pretty much so actually..

This guy... is screwed O.O

Somehow, this story is great, even though it's really fucked up, gotta see the next episode : O
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 24, 2009 5:12 AM

Aug 2009
Marvelous show.. I'm speechless..
Oct 24, 2009 6:27 AM

Jan 2008
I thought the first episode was a little disappointing, but now the show is starting to get my interest again!
Oct 24, 2009 6:31 AM

Apr 2009
Another wonderful episode. I want the soundtrack.
The scene when he was in the room and someone watched him in from the door was scary.
The rating should be much higher imo. Probably kids that has watched the wrong show. And I know everyone has diferent taste. But this show is amazing. The characters, art, music, story etc.
KeroroGunsouOct 24, 2009 6:35 AM
Oct 24, 2009 6:56 AM

Jul 2009
This Was Great
Oct 24, 2009 9:03 AM

Jun 2009
Good episode. I have a feeling that he'll commit homicide in the next one :o
Oct 24, 2009 10:28 AM
Dec 2008
The first episode was really nice, but this one was ten times better. Also, the soundtrack is great.

Really looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 24, 2009 11:14 AM

Dec 2007
Such a wierd serie but i can't stop watching it.
Oct 24, 2009 1:07 PM

Aug 2007
This is such an amazing series. This guy has a lot of issues. I feel kinda sorry for him. Hopefully nothing bad will happen in the next episode, but with the dark atmosphere of this series... I won't count on it.

The monster was really creepy. :S
Oct 24, 2009 2:53 PM

Jul 2009

Hands in hands, running in the rain, romanctic to the point it became sick, boy X boy= me Cummings

It's not too late,
We say hallo
Chottodemo
Wara atte
Itsudatte kono sekai wa
Anata ga hitsuyo dakara
It's not too late
We say hallo
We say hallo~

So, what the heck are you guys talking about? The monster? GDODAMN it was sexy like heck, I was fapping like crazy anytime I saw that and make me wanna have some babies with it then together we gonna have a buncha half human, half monster kids. From there on, we will begin our quest of world domination and made the rest of humanity eat natto, how sweet was that?
BitchMasterOct 24, 2009 3:24 PM

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Oct 24, 2009 3:25 PM

Dec 2007
Once again, brilliant music and a fantastic episode all-around.

If Blue Literature continues to be this good, then it will easily be one of the best series of the year.
DunkyOct 24, 2009 3:28 PM
Oct 24, 2009 4:16 PM

Nov 2007
Hm, pretty dark show.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Oct 24, 2009 5:01 PM

Jul 2008
luvin this show..gettin better and better..can't wait for the next ep. hope it won't be too scary ^^

I didn't want to hurt you but you're pretty when you cry. I didn't really love you but I'm pretty when I lie.

Oct 24, 2009 11:25 PM
Feb 2009
I like the music. Kind of a progressive beat.

We're moving on to the next episode now then (Was that supposed to be a cliffhanger???)???
Oct 24, 2009 11:27 PM

Sep 2009
this show is getting better and i already thought it was awesome
to me its like mega awesome now
very dark and very interesting
the monster that Oba sees smiling nastily makes me think he is going to do something messed up and just after getting himself involed with a suicidal lady he goes to live with another one >.<;;
strange as well because she has a kid so why is she so deppresive?
and when she said "i have a home but its not up to human standards"
its funny cos he thinks of himself of a monster so he would live perfectly there
can't wait for the next ep :)

Oct 25, 2009 12:27 AM

Oct 2007
pretty interesting and oh so dark but my god so much talking i was bored out of my mind, i'll have to reweatch it once i get some sleep. it shows promise but my attention span is that the size of a flea right now
Oct 25, 2009 12:30 AM

Oct 2008
Psychedelic.
I'm glad I didn't watch it at night.
Oct 25, 2009 1:27 AM

Feb 2009
The most interesting series of this season so far. Fall season was kind of gloomy for me except for a sequel. This one might do the trick and make this season note worthy.

Oct 25, 2009 5:29 AM

Sep 2008
There are no words to express how much I enjoy this anime.I liked this episode and can't wait for the next to come :)
Oct 25, 2009 8:42 AM
Jul 2018
Dang, the image of that monster creature is stuck in my head. What is that thing, really. I shouldn't have watched this at this hour. Oba's just fucked up. And that weird kid who claims he could see what his true form is... come to think of it he's the one who started all these "monster" crap. Hmm.
Oct 25, 2009 8:49 AM

Jan 2009
He is similar to Kira or it's only me?(well if the author of death note is working on it it may be the case..).
This boy needs some insanity.If he gets it this show will be badass.
"If people want to achieve time travel,they should just put Haruhi on a spaceship.She'd probably just ignore the theory of relativity." - Kyon
Oct 25, 2009 9:53 AM

Nov 2008
I realy want to read the book...unfortunately i am kinda sure i cant get it nowhere -_-.

I Like this show, especialy it's darkness and style.
Oct 25, 2009 12:35 PM

May 2009
Another great episode, which was over in a heartbeat. It's a really dark and interesting story. Can't wait to watch more.
Oct 25, 2009 2:20 PM

Aug 2008
So much of this show reminds me of Mouryou no Hako. I want that to be completed subbing so I can marathon the second half of the show.

This is ok. I don't think that there is a strong enough characterization of Youzou for me to be particularly affected by his story. As it stands he seems more like a self child who convinced himself that he's crazy in order to keep from becoming an adult.

Overall though, I kind of like this show. I think I've now found about 4 potentially good shows this season which is 3 more than I expected.
Oct 25, 2009 3:05 PM

Jun 2009
That monster is creepy
Oct 25, 2009 10:21 PM

Mar 2008
I kind of regret watching this episode before I go to bed. That monster makes me go ;~;
Oct 25, 2009 11:34 PM

Jul 2008
so hes mentally unstable, isn't he?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Oct 26, 2009 1:26 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
man i just love how this is animated!! so awesome.
p r o f i l e 👀
Oct 26, 2009 2:59 AM

Jun 2008
Shroomie said:
I was hoping I wouldn't be disappointed after that amazing first episode. And I wasn't. I'm loving this anime, I find myself giving 100% of my attention to it while watching (which is rare, lol).
Same here.
Just like the 1st, this episode was great. Even if having a few big differences, this anime reminds me of Death Note more and more, but this episode also reminded of Ghost Hound for some reason.
The monster concept is interesting, and the story is always well executed, but I was disappointed when the monster smiled and the episode finished right away. Too short, I want more. D: I have the feeling that the next episode is going to be the last one of this arc, sigh.
I wonder if he's going to have sex with that woman too, I wonder.
His "friend" is quite a jerk, btw.

hugging six rabbits and having pink nightmares
Oct 26, 2009 5:20 AM

Jun 2008
wow turns out this guy is still in school? o.0 if so then that makes previous episode even more disturbing, just how old is he? o.0 ..overall until now seems as creepy stuff show, a bit too mature for me however, but will keep watching. >.>
Oct 26, 2009 9:04 AM

May 2007
Thought this episode was more interesting than the first one even. Looking forward to the rest of it.

Does anyone know if they're sticking to this style for the other stories as well? Or will different people dominate the production of different stories?
Oct 27, 2009 4:00 AM

Oct 2009
RenaPsychoKiller said:

Yeah he is. I might be wrong about the mother with a kid. She is a little weird but I think she likes her kid more because she lost her husband but I still find it weird how she is with her kid.

Oct 27, 2009 6:07 AM

Sep 2009
i didnt want to see yozo cry though...its sad that he doesnt blame or is resentful over the women gang ppl who molested him....he tried to put the whole fault on himself....this traumatized him to portrait himself as a monster..he hates himself basically and fees he doenst deserve to live...but at the end he still has a little hope for himself....he actually wants to think differently but he needs someone for that...think his biggest sadness is his solitude...its sad...ofcourse loved the ep no doubt..this really tempts me to read the book...
Shadoww said:
wow turns out this guy is still in school? o.0 if so then that makes previous episode even more disturbing, just how old is he?

thats exact what i am wondering...hes highly matured to be a school kid...dont know suddenly i find him kindof ahem...sexy ..ahem..ahem..
hes very much reminds me of light not only the looks..light kindof had a disturbing personality..and was hot too...^__^
ValentilnOct 27, 2009 6:12 AM
Oct 27, 2009 11:24 AM

Jul 2008
Awesome.
This is the beauty of literature! lol
Oct 27, 2009 3:25 PM

Aug 2009
Whoa fucking creepy dude. That monster/demon thing scared the hell outta me. Somebody perscribe some happy pills to this guy, stat!

I bet you 10 bucks lady with glasses is going to die next episode

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
Oct 28, 2009 5:57 AM

Jan 2009
It was quite ridiculous the way they introduced the new character with no background or whatsoever, although it's already pretty much stated that she lost her husband as Tsuneko did. Did I just saw a pattern there? I'm not really interested in this book, doesn't look appeal to me but I guess I'll stick with it until the next story comes up.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Oct 28, 2009 6:22 PM

Apr 2008
As others have mentioned this one is getting better and better, plus want the OST!!
Laevantein said:
...but i laugh a little bit when the guy trying to draw himself and the monster just posing up..XD...
Me too! :D
Oct 29, 2009 4:47 AM

Sep 2009
nehnehneji said:
As others have mentioned this one is getting better and better, plus want the OST!!
Laevantein said:
...but i laugh a little bit when the guy trying to draw himself and the monster just posing up..XD...

its seems sad to me...to see him drawing himself as a moster...if u think about the moster individually it looks funny to me...it reminds me of..a wobble head..dont know the first thing that came to my mind was telletubies----they r scary..how r they a polpular kid show ??!!god knows....
francismeunier said:
RenaPsychoKiller said:

Yeah he is. I might be wrong about the mother with a kid. She is a little weird but I think she likes her kid more because she lost her husband but I still find it weird how she is with her kid.

was it the time when she was squeezing him so he cudnt breath if that...i thought she might really kill her son...and when she let go of him..i was very relieved...women can be scary in depressrion...
ValentilnOct 29, 2009 4:52 AM
Oct 29, 2009 10:36 AM

Oct 2009
Linalee-Stratos said:
nehnehneji said:
Laevantein said:

its seems sad to me...to see him drawing himself as a moster...if u think about the moster individually it looks funny to me...it reminds me of..a wobble head..dont know the first thing that came to my mind was telletubies----they r scary..how r they a polpular kid show ??!!god knows....
francismeunier said:
RenaPsychoKiller said:

was it the time when she was squeezing him so he cudnt breath if that...i thought she might really kill her son...and when she let go of him..i was very relieved...women can be scary in depressrion...

Not only that Linalee-Stratos she was also moving with her legs and I wonder it it was normal reflexes or a itch around you know where. I guess it was the depression in the end. Watch episode 3 and you might have a different opinion of her.

Oct 29, 2009 3:32 PM

Jun 2009
I love this anime! D:
Oct 30, 2009 4:01 PM

Sep 2009
How scary... psychological drama... and sad. Yeah, is so sad a history about a guy who wants to die... but great, as well.
Oct 31, 2009 10:24 AM

May 2008
OH GOD QUICK. Someone cue in the epic Death Note music!

StarPebblitOct 31, 2009 10:36 AM

Oct 31, 2009 4:33 PM

Oct 2009
KayChan4U said:
OH GOD QUICK. Someone cue in the epic Death Note music!

Nice one!

Nov 3, 2009 7:48 AM

Mar 2009
I liked it. But first episode was better than this. And that monster thing was cute actually x) It's laugh at the last scene make me smile. :P
Well, women can't say no to Youzou i believe xD But he really is kawaii ^^
Nov 3, 2009 12:52 PM

Feb 2009
Oba's so called friend is a scumbag, and Oba himself should be locked-up
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aoi Bungaku Series Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 28, 2009

83 by hi777 »»
Jan 18, 3:25 AM

» Aoi Bungaku OST nowhere to be found.

sdziscool - Nov 28, 2013

11 by EmoDante »»
Dec 8, 2023 1:57 PM

Poll: » Aoi Bungaku Series Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ginfizz - Dec 29, 2009

186 by Etherius_ZS »»
Sep 19, 2023 9:29 AM

Poll: » Aoi Bungaku Series Episode 11 Discussion

Tiago97 - Oct 14, 2012

48 by Etherius_ZS »»
Sep 19, 2023 8:41 AM

Poll: » Aoi Bungaku Series Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Dec 5, 2009

154 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 16, 2023 7:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.