Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 16, 2017 11:44 PM

Apr 2009
The pacing of Season one is way better!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2018 3:25 PM

Sep 2011
I really didn't care about the filler-like part, but damn, Tenseiga is very op now. I can already feel that Sesshomaru and Inuyasha will really have to work together, which will be fun to see :D
Aug 29, 2019 3:40 AM

Jul 2015
This was one weird and funny episode with the fox test.

The tenseiga has really become fearsome.

Mar 20, 2020 9:44 PM

Apr 2015
They all speak so fast. Every line they say is so important that you can't miss it or else you wouldn't get what's going on, obviously rushing things. I still hate the fact that Kagura's death was like nothing to them. As if they don't give a shit about Kagura.
Aug 20, 2020 10:29 PM
Aug 2020
Orion1 said:
I gonna go out on a limb and be the unpopular person and say that I liked the last two episodes, episode two better than three admittedly. It felt like this series did slow down, compared to it's opener and Kagura's death had a haunting beauty, although I do agree that they could have made an entire episode around her demise and done a better job of establishing a link to Sesshoumaru, via flashback or something, to make her death have had more of a dramatic impact.

I know it's tempting to always compare a series to it's manga, but it should be judged upon it's "adaptation" not whether or not it's word for word, plot for plot right out of manga. As with, as I like to call it, "The Brotherhood fiasco", directors of anime's should have some liberty to create coherent and interesting animated series "biased" on it's literature, like the original FMA did. It's boring and tired to to just animate a series without any creative re-interpretation.

As for the, so called filler with the foxes, I call that character development.
Sango rubbing Miroku's buttocks ever so gently and then getting agitated when interrupted had me laughing uncontrollably. I'm actually looking forward to the rest of this series now.

This was a really great post. I thought Episode 1 was really bad too, but Episodes 2 and 3 were excellent. Mostly the complaints seem to be from people who read the manga and want 100 episodes to make the anime just like the manga, but movies, tv shows, are supposed to be adaptations of written sources. Not word for word the exact same.

I like what the anime did here. After a sad episode, worked in some episode with less tension. Sesshomaru learns his ultimate technique but he's not in danger or anything. Takahashi draw out the manga too long with filler including Shippo's fox trick exams, but at least it's all out of the way in this one episode, Shippo gets his episode, and everything was funny. Kagome takes her exams or application at school too, it's all thematically linked.

Great episode, very funny, especially when Sango grabbed Miroku's butt I was laughing out loud.
Nov 10, 2020 12:58 PM

Dec 2007
the whole wolf exam and that demon after that was really pointless, except for maybe that end which made me curios.

the pace is still pretty fast, it just felt to me that the tenseiga use for battles part was too easy and fast, and from some reason it's not seems to me like replace for tokijin.
Nov 29, 2020 4:41 PM
Apr 2016
Dumb Shippo.. after all they've been through he still thought Inuyasha was dead after something as small as that.. HAVE SOME FAITH IN HIM.
Mar 30, 2021 11:08 AM

May 2016
Skipped the exam part my focus was on Sesshomaru the whole time.
Jun 28, 2021 4:17 AM

May 2019
While the story itself is getting more interesting, the show itself felt quite rushed in pacing. I enjoy the slow pacing in the old one more.

Nov 13, 2021 4:46 AM

Apr 2013
So Sesshomaru finally has the powerup that I already saw in the special a few days ago xD
Dec 20, 2022 10:44 PM

Jan 2018
This episode was more comedic than the last 2 episodes which I think was a good thing. I like Takahashi's brand of comedy and I'm glad they didn't completely ditch it in The Final Act.

That being said, a rushed episode is still a rushed episode. It adapted 9 chapters from various parts in the manga and I don't get if certain parts of it were really necessary, like that demon who disguised himself as a girl to trick Shippo. That entire part could've been cut and nothing would be lost. That time could've been used to develop Sesshomaru's relationship with Kagura. To a non-manga reader like me, it doesn't make much sense why Sesshomaru suddenly cares so much about Kagura, who previously kidnapped Rin and caused much pain.

I'd take bad slow pacing over bad fast pacing any day.

I did enjoy Kagome trying for high school entrance exams. Glad they didn't cut the modern-day parts.
Mar 1, 2023 6:22 PM

Feb 2020
Shippo was so funnyyyyy
gunk.
Sep 7, 2023 5:09 AM

Jun 2020
So much happened in the previous 2 episodes and now all of a sudden we get this weird filler kind of episode.

But what's important is that the Tenseiga finally gets an upgrade and now Sesshomaru will be able to use it offensively. Quite convenient since he just lost Tokijin. I did kind of see this coming because I watched the Black Tessaiga ova.

Also, it is a nice touch to see Sesshomaru repeatedly contemplate Kagura's death, showing that it did have a lasting impact on him. He may not have shared the same feelings that Kagura had for him but he does greatly respect her and feel sympathy, along with knowing full well that Kagura had changed for the better.
Jan 2, 9:21 PM

Sep 2018
Fun episode. Jakken has really grown on me over the series as a comedic relief character. That "so cool" caught me off guard at the end lol...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 23 Discussion

ClementIV - Mar 8, 2010

40 by prozyne »»
Apr 18, 4:15 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ClementIV - Oct 10, 2009

96 by prozyne »»
Mar 25, 5:30 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 12, 2009

41 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 3, 3:25 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Chimasternmay - Nov 21, 2009

128 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 3, 1:49 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 3, 2009

143 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 1, 1:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.