Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 13, 2009 4:33 PM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Raw but i saw it cause i know japanese xDD
love the fights =]]
Koko-BearOct 13, 2009 5:00 PM

Oct 13, 2009 6:19 PM

Sep 2007
Good fight this time around. Why can't the canon fights be more like this?
Oct 13, 2009 6:20 PM

Aug 2008
wow...Byakuya just killed Rukia's Zanpakutou! I can't believe that o_O! Well I can...but geez. He must be planning something (I don't think he's actually gone to the bad guys side?)...I guess I shouldn't be surprised he would go however far he needs to, to accomplish his goals.

What a great episode. I like how Renji blew himself up to escape in the smoke and get behind Byakuya, lol. Renji using kidou (spelling?) is a tad interesting since we never see him do it.

The ending was a tad funny with him freezing the room :).
Oct 13, 2009 6:38 PM

Oct 2008
Awesome episode, great fights and some serious Byakuya ownage. I still can't help it thinking that he has some alternate goal because he didn't finish off neither Renji or Rikia.
Oct 13, 2009 6:56 PM

Jul 2009
Fatentity said:
wow...Byakuya just killed Rukia's Zanpakutou! I can't believe that o_O! Well I can...but geez. He must be planning something (I don't think he's actually gone to the bad guys side?)...I guess I shouldn't be surprised he would go however far he needs to, to accomplish his goals.

What a great episode. I like how Renji blew himself up to escape in the smoke and get behind Byakuya, lol. Renji using kidou (spelling?) is a tad interesting since we never see him do it.

I feel like Byakuya didn't really kill of Sode no Shirayuki, I feel that he's up to something. Senbonzakura seems to know what he's doing and he's helping him as well. (Though I may be wrong)

The fight was the most interesting fight I've seen so far from the last episodes and was worth watching.

And the Shinigami Illustration at the end was hilarious :D
This is a signature.
Oct 13, 2009 7:01 PM

Apr 2008
There should still be a way to get back Rukia's Zanpakutou right ?!

Oct 13, 2009 7:19 PM
Aug 2007
Awesome episode in my opinion.

The fight between Byakuya and Renji was incredibly interesting, and it was entertaining to see their Zanpakutou fighting simultaneously. But I definitely agree that Byakuya has to be up to something. You could TELL he was holding back when he was fighting Renji. I mean, c'mon...a Captain just barely fending off a Vice-Captain like that? He clearly could've killed Renji in a heartbeat if he had really wanted to.

That's just my opinion at least.

Also, I wouldn't really care if Sode no Shirayuki didn't come back, because I honestly dislike Rukia strongly. (I won't say hate, because I wouldn't say I hate anything, lol.) Oh, and please don't hurt me, because I know there are a ton of Rukia fans that would cut my throat just because I said that. xD

~Vince.
Oct 13, 2009 7:26 PM

Aug 2008
They just made a harder case for thoroughly explaining what Byakuya's up to. Besides that, very entertaining episode. I liked it.
Oct 13, 2009 7:45 PM

Feb 2008
LOL'd at Hyorinmaru skit..
and big WTF goes to Byakuya as always.. He's on par with Aizen in case of trolling

Yeaa poor Renji, even his human form zanpaktou cant stand up to Byakuya's.

I want to see pervert captain's zanpaktou, I love seeing boobs on kimono
Oct 13, 2009 7:47 PM
Nov 2007
great episode, fights were awesome... Most probable Byakuya is up to sth and I think there is a way to revive sode no shirayuki, if not then he wouldn't kill her, I think Byakuya knows more than other shinigami about this incident some way...
TomoeOct 14, 2009 4:14 AM
Oct 13, 2009 8:18 PM

Aug 2009
-I don't know why but the line "Hitsugaya got his Zanpakutou back....Unfortunately he'll be out of comission for a while" made me laugh a bit.

-Byakuya....I'm starting to go back to the season 2 days when I hated your very existence. Don't make me go back there. I swear, you better have some sort of plan going on here. Shut up about your darn pride already.

-Awesome fight between him and Sode no Shirayuki though.

-Okay, while it's cool that the Zanpakuto can materialize now, that's gonna be weird during canon events because people are gonna be like "Wait, why hasn't (such and such zanpakuto)'s spirit come out yet." Must....not....follow...filler logic...

-The Senbonzakura vs. Zabimaru and Byakuya vs. Renji was also good. The fights in this filler were fantastic. They should just have the whole arc be nothing but fighting. Oh and the rock music playing was awesome! \m/

-Okay...WHY DOES RENJI KICK ASS ONLY IN FILLERS? Come on Kubo. I mean, look at this fight. The filler animators are using Renji better than you are! (Oh wait, never mind. He still lost. But that was the best fight he's ever been in)
Oct 13, 2009 9:03 PM

Oct 2007
I liked the ep very much,the fights were intense,felt like they are on fast pacing,and liked the end of the episode.

Oct 13, 2009 9:12 PM
Feb 2009
o my is her zanpaktou rele ded?
Oct 13, 2009 9:26 PM

Aug 2009
Liked the fights in this one.
Renji and Zabimaru fighting simultaneously with Byakuya and Senbonzakura was good.
I bet there's a way to get Sode no Shirayuki back and Byakuya knows of it.

Overall an awesome episode.
Oct 13, 2009 9:35 PM

Aug 2008
Great ep... There is for one for sure way to get Rukia's sword back. Inoue can reject anything, so she could easily fix the sword. Plus this is a filler so they can't kill anybody.
Oct 13, 2009 9:40 PM

Sep 2008
i find better to watch zabimaru fight than to see renji....
poor soda no shirayuki.....but nothing orohime cant repair
i still wonder why do they freeze when they saw the cover.ops when they are so weak....
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 13, 2009 9:44 PM
Sep 2007
Remember episode 219?
Hisagi vs Findor?

Remember how great animation was?

I'd say this episode was on par with it.

Byakuya vs Sode no Shirayuki
Renji vs Byakuya
Senbonzakura vs Zabimaru

All 3 fights were animated far better than some canon battles.

And I think Byakuya really destroyed SnS, cause as far as I know, he actually don't want Rukia to expose herself to dangers by being a Shinigami.
Of course, SnS will come back anyway.
Oct 13, 2009 9:57 PM

Jul 2008
i would really like to know what exactly byakuya is up to?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Oct 13, 2009 10:38 PM

Nov 2008
Anyone know when the filers stop
Oct 13, 2009 10:47 PM

Oct 2009
Awesome episode! Byakuya is so bad ass! The fight scenes in this episode was awesome! Hope Byakuya and Ichigo will have a face off again :DDD

And i think Sode no Shirayuki is alive~!♥
Oct 14, 2009 12:00 AM

Jul 2008
The episode is great, i enjoyed the action scene between Sode no Shirayuki and Byakuya but it's sad to see Byakuya defeat her. But it actually seem a little suspicious for him to do that, maybe there is a twist here and Sode no Shirayuki could actually still be alive^^
Oct 14, 2009 12:31 AM

Apr 2009
yeah, pretty great episode...

packed with action...

anyway the plot doesnt seem to move at all..

and what will happen with rukias's zampaktou?
Oct 14, 2009 12:45 AM

Feb 2009
Asteriks said:
Remember episode 219?
Hisagi vs Findor?

Remember how great animation was?

I'd say this episode was on par with it.

Byakuya vs Sode no Shirayuki
Renji vs Byakuya
Senbonzakura vs Zabimaru

All 3 fights were animated far better than some canon battles.

And I think Byakuya really destroyed SnS, cause as far as I know, he actually don't want Rukia to expose herself to dangers by being a Shinigami.
Of course, SnS will come back anyway.

San no mai Shirafune if I remember correctly allows Rukia to reforge her Zanpakuto like when she killed Aaroniero which probably means Byakuya knew about that skill => his Zanpakuto also knew about the skill.Also if I remember correctly Senbonzakura sugested that Byakuya should kill his sisters zanpakuto which probably means they have a bullshit plan.
Besides that I really liked this episode especially the fight between Senbonzakura and renjis zanpakuto
Oct 14, 2009 1:18 AM

Aug 2007
One of the best episodes in a while, absolutely loved the Byakuya fights, HE PWNS. Fuck if only this kind of quality can stay on for long.

Oct 14, 2009 2:02 AM

Jan 2008
Byakuya vs Renji was an interesting fight due to their different fighting styles :)

Oct 14, 2009 2:09 AM

Apr 2009
SquareZ said:

San no mai Shirafune if I remember correctly allows Rukia to reforge her Zanpakuto like when she killed Aaroniero which probably means Byakuya knew about that skill => his Zanpakuto also knew about the skill.Also if I remember correctly Senbonzakura sugested that Byakuya should kill his sisters zanpakuto which probably means they have a bullshit plan.
Besides that I really liked this episode especially the fight between Senbonzakura and renjis zanpakuto

They must have a bullshit plan, why else would they let Renji & Rukia live? oO
Oct 14, 2009 2:26 AM

May 2009
Interesting episode... Renji is more awesome in this filler then the following story itself. Fights were just too good, and I also think that he didn't kill SnS bcs u know in first episodes how he didn't want to kill Ichigo, he just cut his only hope to be shinigami. Then he did the same thing to SnS for sure... ^^
As for Byakuya and Senbonzakura they were for sure planing something on their own as u can see how surprised they were when the others arrived... and that is why Renji and Rukia are still alive. :D

My opinion of overall filler is that old man Yama-ji is cooking this... He disappeared and put them in crisis to see how will they do. He has something to do with Muramasa bcs he done this just to make his squads stronger... as u can see the result is Renji's Zabimaru could fight in spirit form. But this is just my opinion and I could be wrong, but still I had this filling from the start of the filler. We will just have to wait. ^^
Oct 14, 2009 3:02 AM

Mar 2008
Best episode in a long, long time. Can we just skip Wednesday through Monday, please? I want the next episode... NOW!!!
>Ecchi na no wa ikenai to omoimasu!<
Oct 14, 2009 5:12 AM

Sep 2009
"Third dance, white sword" (参の舞・白刀, san no mai, shirafune), her final ability reserved only for when her blade is broken, reforges her zanpakutō with ice particles, piercing through any object in its path and freezing anything in the vicinity. - quote from wiki. => Sode no Shirayuki is not gone for good. It just makes you wonder why was Rukia so shocked when she saw it like that...

Awesome fights, but it looks like the next episode will have even more of them.

Hyourinmaru in 4th division made me laugh. Poor Isane. xD
Oct 14, 2009 5:22 AM
Sep 2008
This episode brought up 2 points for me, 1 good and 1 bad.

The Good: The animators definitely had a lot of fun with Zabimaru vs Senbonzakura in this episode. And most of the fighting in this arc involves a lot of movement. I see it as the animators can finally stretch their arms without the confines of the stuffy and awkwardly stiff fights in the canon material.

The Bad: The writers. I still don't know why, when they were brainstorming this story, they chose Byakuya as the "traitor" character. I find it less believable than Unohana betraying SS, for christ sake. And to add insult to injury, they dont even give him anything interesting to say in response to his traitor actions, just "i must defend my pride" 18,000 times. Which is the opposite of what he would really do.

I guess they chose him for the fan service. I can't think of any legit reasons.
Oct 14, 2009 5:31 AM

Jun 2008
orangehouse said:

No it's dead. When we go back to cannon and Hueco Moundo, Rukia will suddenly be unable to use her sword and the author will explain to her that they killed it in a filler arc.

It was an ok episode i guess. I think you people are overreacting. It wasn't THAT amazing.
The fights had a few good moves in them so it wasn't bad but the plot isn't progressing at all.
Oct 14, 2009 5:42 AM

Apr 2009
Monad said:
orangehouse said:

No it's dead. When we go back to cannon and Hueco Moundo, Rukia will suddenly be unable to use her sword and the author will explain to her that they killed it in a filler arc.

LOL thx for the laugh XDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Oct 14, 2009 7:15 AM

Aug 2009
Byakuya vs Sode no Shirayuki - not bad fight.

But I'm getting tired of these episodes.

|| Hatred dyes the heart black.
Oct 14, 2009 7:25 AM

May 2009
Great episode . The fights were way above average compared to canon " fights" (more like tea time chats}.
Oct 14, 2009 7:33 AM
Nov 2007
Kabyk said:

The Bad: The writers. I still don't know why, when they were brainstorming this story, they chose Byakuya as the "traitor" character. I find it less believable than Unohana betraying SS, for christ sake. And to add insult to injury, they dont even give him anything interesting to say in response to his traitor actions, just "i must defend my pride" 18,000 times. Which is the opposite of what he would really do.

I guess they chose him for the fan service. I can't think of any legit reasons.

Naruto filler --> a home to return to =)))
Oct 14, 2009 8:04 AM

Oct 2007
- Ichigo and Reinji and maybe a few more character really need to loosen up their eye-brows. It keeps reminding me of the retarded look from cromartie high, which was done on purpose because it was meant to make people laugh at those stupid gorilla face expressions.

- Byakuya in case you guys didn't notice it didn't say anything like "yes, i joined you zanpaktou fkers so give me cookies" or "yes i betrayed you guys so cry me a river" ... he never answers to the question of changing sides in a clear way
It's just a long and annoyingly indirect way of saying "hey i investigate something"

When will these fillers finally end? Not that the following manga chapters will be interesting or anything (just boring long battles all over again).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2009 8:12 AM

Oct 2008
Damn good episode in my opinion...who cares about plot and story this is filler no one really cares. If they keep the animation quality up like they been doing this will be(no is) the best filler saga bleach eva had.
Oct 14, 2009 8:35 AM

Mar 2009
Very nice episode, loved the fight scenes, Byakuya v Renji was awesome. Especially because of the fighting style Renji was using.. made it much more interesting. I kinda hope Byakuya doesn't just disappear at the beginning of next episode and leave the fight to the zanpaktou.. and I hope we see a couple more captains get involved soon.
Oct 14, 2009 10:04 AM

Sep 2007
I like that Byakuya's definition of pride means that he'll get hated by everyone else.

Not so sure about this filler arc anymore. I'm thinking about putting it on-hold for a while and marathon it.
Oct 14, 2009 10:11 AM

Mar 2009
OMG! It was fuckin' awesome. !!
One of the best Bleach episodes i think. ^^
Why can't be fights always like this. It was so facinating.
Oct 14, 2009 10:23 AM

Sep 2009
Yay, I actually enjoyed this ep1 Which is good, because I've beem getting tired and bored of Bleach lately.

But... is it just me or have the last few episodes hade very inconsictent drawing quality? They've ranged from "epic" to "WTF?". Very annoying.

As far as theories-based-on-gut-feeling-and-nothing-else-really the thought struck me that by "pride" Bya might men "Rukia" (someone else might have mentioned that too earlier). He did that in Hueco Mondo, and he's always annoyingly overprotective. By destroying SnS, he's hoping to keep her from fighting.
Oct 14, 2009 10:25 AM

May 2009
That. Was. Awesome.

Totally loved this episode, the fights were really great, and it keeps getting more and more interesting. I wonder what the hell Byakuya is up to!

Animation was great, I wonder why these fillers have looked better than most canon Bleach episodes...

edit: Lmao, just watched the after credits. Hyourinmaru is looking after Hitsugaya. xD
Oct 14, 2009 10:31 AM

Oct 2007
The best one of this arc.

Didn't Byakuya just brought a bunch of zanpakuto into a cage?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 14, 2009 10:32 AM

Sep 2009
that was a pretty good episode, the action was very smooth.

something has been bothering me throughout this arc though and that is... where the hell is Kenpachi?
Oct 14, 2009 10:42 AM
Nov 2007
blackkomodo said:

something has been bothering me throughout this arc though and that is... where the hell is Kenpachi?

well, I am expecting an unusual appearence from him as usual...
Oct 14, 2009 12:05 PM

Aug 2009
blackkomodo said:

Sleeping until Pierott decides they need his awesomeness.
Oct 14, 2009 12:37 PM

Sep 2009
blackkomodo said:

According to Bleachexile.com, episode 244 will be called "The long awaited... Kenpachi appears!"
Oct 14, 2009 12:43 PM

May 2008
ShiraKiryuu said:
Fatentity said:

I totally think the same thing ^_^
And yeah the freezing room WAS real funny xD
I really look forward to next episode . And btw : I was like NOOO when Sode No Shirayuki died , cuz she was really pretty and kinda strong too (when she did "die" , but i hope she didnt xD cuz when the filler is over [ i hope it'll last for sometime :P ] then Rukia needs her zanpakuto . Well I hope that the next episode comes out fast ^_^
Oct 14, 2009 1:03 PM
Jul 2018
Ichigo had a really tough time against Rukia's sword and Byakuya raped it without even a Shikai

Lame =_=

and y does every one have to use "Six rod prison" to stop the swords
Oct 14, 2009 1:37 PM

Mar 2009
That was great really liked it. The omake was hillarious as always.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Episode 178 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Darkreaper70 - Jul 2, 2008

56 by AdamSylph »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Bleach Episode 361 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 21, 2012

153 by Zorosake »»
Apr 26, 12:21 PM

Sticky: » How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete) ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Oct 16, 2010

210 by Xashinz »»
Apr 25, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 40 Discussion

lsumi - Aug 13, 2008

35 by AdytuYT »»
Apr 24, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 177 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jun 25, 2008

24 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 23, 5:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.