Forum Settings
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 21, 2014 7:12 AM

Feb 2014
bastek66 said:
Darklight0303 said:
Chelsea's death flag was obvious and predictable too. Mine is fucked. She was doomed the moment the prophet guy said he hopes his vision was wrong about them

Chelsea was cannon fodder. Mein is one of three main characters.

Which is one of the reasons why I don't think she's going die. I think that would almost be too predictable if Mine died.

We've had a death flag for her since the priest and her dying would just be like, "Yep, saw that one coming from miles and miles away." I think keeping alive would actually be a little refreshing.
Jul 21, 2014 7:14 AM

Jul 2014
Rage5110 said:
crunchytaco said:

What the heck does femdom rape have anything to do with making men look bad? Are you the type of guy that goes around apologizing for everyone else's mistakes? That's utterly...

The point of these types of manga is to show off the worst of humanity. You can't just read it and expect it to hold back on certain parts while enjoying the other depraved parts. That's hypocritical.

There are more, things that are worst rather than showing off rape after 4 - 20 chapters . So its overly used and kinda sickening to the very core when they show of rape over and over again.
So please do not get butt hurt about it dude. .__. ,I do not condone rape nor violence in any matter.
So do not label me as a hypocrite, for you don;t know me and base your assumptions on a mere comment I posted saying "For The Lulz".

P.S: YOU SICKO, Lulz

Rape is no where no prominent in this manga compared to other violences. Grow up and grow a pair.
[center]

Jul 21, 2014 7:16 AM

Jul 2010
antonn said:
VoidNoodle said:
Don't kill Mein pls ;w;

Please do. Death to tsunderes.

I hope it's a glorious painful death.
Jul 21, 2014 7:18 AM

Sep 2013
So bad, why am I still reading this garbage, it gets worse every month , I wonder when it will turn into a harem and goes borderline hentai
Jul 21, 2014 7:18 AM

Feb 2014
LoomyTheBrew said:
bastek66 said:

Which is one of the reasons why I don't think she's going die. I think that would almost be too predictable if Mine died.

We've had a death flag for her since the priest and her dying would just be like, "Yep, saw that one coming from miles and miles away." I think keeping alive would actually be a little refreshing.

Which is exactly why I think Leone is the next one to die. That's going to suck.
Jul 21, 2014 7:20 AM

Jan 2013
crunchytaco said:
Rage5110 said:

There are more, things that are worst rather than showing off rape after 4 - 20 chapters . So its overly used and kinda sickening to the very core when they show of rape over and over again.
So please do not get butt hurt about it dude. .__. ,I do not condone rape nor violence in any matter.
So do not label me as a hypocrite, for you don;t know me and base your assumptions on a mere comment I posted saying "For The Lulz".

P.S: YOU SICKO, Lulz

Rape is no where no prominent in this manga compared to other violences. Grow up and grow a pair.

Oh look I have a pair LULZ, but I can't say the same for you though . >_<

"We are Anonymous, We are Legion, We do not forgive, We do not Forget, Expect Us."

Jul 21, 2014 7:23 AM

Jul 2014
Rage5110 said:
crunchytaco said:

You can't handle this material like an adult, and you can't speak like one either apparently. Good day.
[center]

Jul 21, 2014 7:44 AM

Sep 2013
Akame ga Kill has thaught me all rich people are evil psychopaths
Jul 21, 2014 8:19 AM
Feb 2013
This manga does show the evils of humanity to an exaggerated degree but you can still appreciate the other parts without constantly having rape involved over and over. It has nothing to do with being mature or growing a pair. It's simply distasteful and adds nothing so to suggest something about one's maturity because they have empathy is asinine.

Like most others, I'm tired of the rape. It's been used to excess at this point and it's lost it's shock value. We get that nearly everyone in The Empire is trash of the lowest order.

This was the first time I was happy to see Esdeath. Because she spared us from the bullshit that was about to follow. And male rape isn't any more permissible than female rape.

I was hoping Tatsumi didn't say that he had a GF though. It's like putting a giant target on Mein. I hope she remains untouched but... I can't wait until Esdeath and the others are removed.
Jul 21, 2014 8:25 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Darklight0303 said:
HELLSATAN said:

I'm also wondering about that

given the blood and the fact taht she didn't get dragged off by wannabe Alice psycho alchemist I am pretty sure she's dead. She's served her purpose in getting Tatsumi and Lubock captured
Some people think that she isn't because she's seen Mein's face so maybe she'll point her out for Esdese as a way of repenting xDD

Apr 2008
Tokoya said:
Darklight0303 said:

given the blood and the fact taht she didn't get dragged off by wannabe Alice psycho alchemist I am pretty sure she's dead. She's served her purpose in getting Tatsumi and Lubock captured
Some people think that she isn't because she's seen Mein's face so maybe she'll point her out for Esdese and a way of repenting xDD

Well if she survived you can bet her face isn't in the same state it was at first. It'll be interesting

Mar 2014
Need next chapter now!!!!
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
Jul 21, 2014 8:26 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Feyfray said:
LoomyTheBrew said:

Which is exactly why I think Leone is the next one to die. That's going to suck.
Worst case scenario....Esdese thinks that she's Tatsumi's gf and brutally kills her T.T
Jul 21, 2014 8:46 AM

Feb 2014
Tokoya said:
Feyfray said:

Worst case scenario....Esdese thinks that she's Tatsumi's gf and brutally kills her T.T

Worst case Ontario, nobody kills anyone and they all live happily ever after
Jul 21, 2014 8:58 AM

Apr 2012
I would not be surprised if instead of Mine dying, Tatsumi is the one to be killed by Esdeath.
Please no Narutards. No one likes them.
Jul 21, 2014 9:08 AM

Apr 2010
AnimeGuruTV said:
I would not be surprised if instead of Mine dying, Tatsumi is the one to be killed by Esdeath.

Then he comes back as a living Teigu.
Jul 21, 2014 9:11 AM

Jan 2014
why the fuck would tatsumi choose mein over esdese -.- like seriously he just broke a maiden's heart. Even a psychopathic maniac girl whose clearly insensible and loves torture (?) wouldnt hurt the boy she loves. Tatsumi is way too much . Predicted flow of events is MEIN WILL AND SHOULD DIE and tatsumi gets badass and finds revenge and hopefully he ends up with akame. esdese might stab herself cos she wouldnt bare to kill tatsumi ( well probably?)
" I'll find you and fall in love with you all over again " - Asuna
Jul 21, 2014 9:17 AM

Jan 2014
LoomyTheBrew said:
bastek66 said:

Pretty much the only reason why I've still some hope left for Mein. Ironically I feel that early prophecy was somewhat reassuring.
Jul 21, 2014 9:25 AM
Jun 2014
Aries said:
why the fuck would tatsumi choose mein over esdese -.- like seriously he just broke a maiden's heart. Even a psychopathic maniac girl whose clearly insensible and loves torture (?) wouldnt hurt the boy she loves. Tatsumi is way too much . Predicted flow of events is MEIN WILL AND SHOULD DIE and tatsumi gets badass and finds revenge and hopefully he ends up with akame. esdese might stab herself cos she wouldnt bare to kill tatsumi ( well probably?)

Well, I was aboard the Tatsumi X Esdese train at the beginning, and well I thought that Mein was too flat for my liking.
But then Esdese happened to butcher Leone, just like that.
Slicing Oppai? Big no no from me. And honestly, I think Mein is fine as Tatsumi's current girlfriend.

Regarding Suzuka: Yeah, well, I still have doubts on whether she's dead or not. Guess we'll have to wait next time for this matter :<.
Jul 21, 2014 10:17 AM
Jan 2014
Aries said:

I don't understand why would someone choose Esdesu over Main, so ...
Jul 21, 2014 10:34 AM

Feb 2014
MasaneX said:
Aries said:

Because tsundere lolis are generally the worst thing ever - honestly any girl (Chelsea, Akame, Leone, Najenda) would have been a better choice
Jul 21, 2014 10:36 AM

Apr 2008
Feyfray said:
MasaneX said:

Because tsundere lolis are generally the worst thing ever - honestly any girl (Chelsea, Akame, Leone, Najenda) would have been a better choice

How dare you forget Schere
Jul 21, 2014 10:41 AM

Jan 2013
crunchytaco said:
Rage5110 said:

You can't handle this material like an adult, and you can't speak like one either apparently. Good day.

Funny, I just stated my opinion of how this manga makes all men look like scum of the earth. But look who got butt hurt in the end LULZ XD; stop trying to act mature kid. LULZ 31337 |/|u|3

"We are Anonymous, We are Legion, We do not forgive, We do not Forget, Expect Us."

Jul 21, 2014 10:43 AM

Feb 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Feyfray said:

Tatsumi is truly a lady killer. Schere hugs him once - bam, dead. Chelsea develops feelings for him? Chopped in half.

Sorry Mein, it isn't looking good for you..
Jul 21, 2014 10:45 AM
Jan 2014
Feyfray said:
MasaneX said:

Nice opinion, but I don't share it. Deciding between Chelsea and Main would've been hard, but those two are better than the rest. Then maybe Akame, but being single suits her.
Jul 21, 2014 10:47 AM

Feb 2014
MasaneX said:
Feyfray said:

Nice opinion, but I don't share it. Deciding between Chelsea and Main would've been hard, but those two are better than the rest. Then maybe Akame, but being single suits her.

Differing opinions are not accepted here on MAL - get out of here with that nonsense
Jul 21, 2014 10:48 AM
Feb 2013
Being Tsundere doesn't actually detract from the character even if you have seen it so much that it bores you. All characters fall within some trope so to write one off and say they are terrible just because of that is shortsighted and biased.

She probably has the best development of any of the females. Not that the characters really have much development besides Tatsumi and Wave.
Jul 21, 2014 10:50 AM

Nov 2011
Well, Tatsumi is either a complete idiot or a genius. An idiot because in the situation he currently finds himself in, you're supposed to be telling the only person on your side (who also happens to be the most powerful character in the series) exactly what she wants to hear.

A genius, because he has some incredible plan that we don't know about, which involves making Esdese jealous and possibly very angry.

I'm going with the former.
Jul 21, 2014 10:53 AM

Apr 2008
Kurokolist said:
Being Tsundere doesn't actually detract from the character even if you have seen it so much that it bores you. All characters fall within some trope so to write one off and say they are terrible just because of that is shortsighted and biased.

She probably has the best development of any of the females. Not that the characters really have much development besides Tatsumi and Wave.

Falling in love randomly with the MC doesn't count as development. Chelsea was actually getting development. She was warming up again after losing her whole team and was even starting to feel remorse for killing as we saw when she killed Bors. Mein's so called development is a farce.
Jul 21, 2014 10:55 AM

Feb 2014
Kurokolist said:

Of course it's biased - almost all opinions are. If it makes you feel better, I don't write off every tsundere (I like Taiga and Victorique quite a bit, for example) but I find most of them obnoxious. It's not accurate to say it bores me - blame Louise for my irrational hatred of the majority of tsundere characters.

I also don't think it fits the "mood" of the story - keep tsundere lolis in romcoms where they belong.
Jul 21, 2014 11:06 AM
Feb 2013
That is fair. It's fine to dislike the character for whatever reason. I was just saying personal bias isn't valuable if we were being objective as far as character quality.

Her development isn't a farce and I wouldn't say it was random. Seemed pretty obvious that it would happen since early on to me. Her relationship with Tatsumi and the whole revenge for Schere were handled acceptably. When I think of best developed female I do lean towards where Chesea was heading as well though. Too bad she died so early that it's moot.
Jul 21, 2014 11:10 AM

Feb 2014
Kurokolist said:
That is fair. It's fine to dislike the character for whatever reason. I was just saying personal bias isn't valuable if we were being objective as far as character quality.

Her development isn't a farce and I wouldn't say it was random. Seemed pretty obvious that it would happen since early on to me. Her relationship with Tatsumi and the whole revenge for Schere were handled acceptably. When I think of best developed female I do lean towards where Chesea was heading as well though. Too bad she died so early that it's moot.

I think the only thing I would note as an "obvious" indicator of her relationship with Tatsumi is that she is tsundere and characters that treat the MC poorly typically develop feelings. I personally thought Akame x Tatsumi was hinted at more (lots of blush panels / she seemed to worry about him frequently and she is the title character) but I am not sure that is a good fit either.

I just want to see something different, that's why I am team Esdeath.
Jul 21, 2014 11:11 AM

Jul 2014
Rage5110 said:
crunchytaco said:

Funny, I just stated my opinion of how this manga makes all men look like scum of the earth. But look who got butt hurt in the end LULZ XD; stop trying to act mature kid. LULZ 31337 |/|u|3

No idea where you got the butt hurt from, but if thats the only retort you have, you're pretty stupid ;). You couldnt handle my honest criticism and got worked up. Once I told you to grow a pair you started getting mad and derailing. Anyone whos reading this manga and gets preachy about the violence is a hypocrite.
[center]

Jul 21, 2014 11:11 AM

Apr 2008
Kurokolist said:

Except it's not moot if you use development as an argument in favor of Mine surviving. Development doesn't save you from death in this series. If anything it hastens it
Jul 21, 2014 11:27 AM
Jul 2014
Feyfray said:
Darklight0303 said:

Tatsumi is truly a lady killer. Schere hugs him once - bam, dead. Chelsea develops feelings for him? Chopped in half.

Sorry Mein, it isn't looking good for you..

Noo, esdese :c
Jul 21, 2014 11:36 AM

Apr 2014
When I saw the name of the chapter, "Kill The Love" I expected Tatsumi to tell her he's going out with someone else. Damn. Poor Esdese. I just want to give her a hug. :( R.I.P Mein.

The torture raba went through was too hard for me to see. Fuck man. I never want that to happen to me and especially by another dude. haha I hope he survives though. Poor guy, he gets the short end of the stick. :(
Zeus97Jul 21, 2014 12:11 PM
Jul 21, 2014 11:41 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Feyfray said:
Tokoya said:

Haha, I wouldn't mind Esdese, Wave and Leone living happily ever after :)
Jul 21, 2014 11:51 AM

Jan 2011
Not very smart Tatsumi.

You don't just reject a yandere woman who just saved you from being shotaraped by two women, and who also happens to be your prison warden.

Rage5110 said:

Get out.
Jul 21, 2014 11:55 AM

Feb 2014
Tokoya said:
Feyfray said:

Only if Wave gets to keep Kurome
Jul 21, 2014 11:58 AM
Jan 2014
Feyfray said:
Tokoya said:

Atleast we can agree on the WaveXKurome. I am actually putting it into my fanart a little bit.
Jul 21, 2014 11:59 AM

Feb 2014
MasaneX said:
Feyfray said:

Atleast we can agree on the WaveXKurome. I am actually putting it into my fanart a little bit.

I'm surprised Kurome hasn't been killed off, honestly. Pleasant surprise.
Jul 21, 2014 12:03 PM
Jan 2014
Feyfray said:
MasaneX said:

I think she will die because of drugs :/ And all that blood-coughing. Poor girl. I want her to reveal her feelings to Wave before that happens, because he is a typical block-head. ( I like him, but he is ... )
Jul 21, 2014 12:03 PM

Apr 2008
Feyfray said:
MasaneX said:

She's still feeling the effects from Chelsea's attack
Jul 21, 2014 12:10 PM

Feb 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Feyfray said:

She's still feeling the effects from Chelsea's attack

Oh don't get me wrong - she won't survive the manga, I just meant that I am surprised she has lasted this long.
Jul 21, 2014 12:15 PM

Feb 2014
Everyone talks about Tatsumi x Esdese being a hopeless ship (which is), but a personal hopeless ship that I want to happen is Wave x Akame. Meaning that Wave joins Night Raid and then him and Akame get together. The possibility of that happening is very small, but this is why I think it would work:

1. Wave definitely feels something for Kurome. Though at the same time he has problems with her darker side. Akame is pretty similar to Kurome and she isn't a total psychopath.

2. Akame seems to like Tatsumi, so if Mine lives and Wave joins, Wave would be perfect for Akame. Tatsumi and Wave are definitely similar so Akame would probably like him.

That's just a personal hope of mine.

BeatzMe said:

Pretty much the only reason why I've still some hope left for Mein. Ironically I feel that early prophecy was somewhat reassuring.

I felt the same way. I almost thought it was foreshadow that it wasn't going to happen because the writing was on the wall. The author blatantly stated that either Tatsumi or Mine was going to die at some point. And now with the events of Esdese, you would think this was set in stone that Mine is as good as dead, but I think it's going to be the opposite.

I believe there's gonna be a u-turn and she'll live.

Feyfray said:

I respectively disagree.

I think Mine is one of the strongest girls in the series. I love her development and I like her character. She isn't just a "tsundere loli" I believe she's broken out of that mold ever since Sheele/Schere died. She isn't straight up tsundere, she definitely breaks out of the trope and her getting into a relationship with Tatsumi just further proves my point (at least I think it does)
Jul 21, 2014 12:15 PM

Apr 2014
One thing I seriously hate from this manga is that I have to wait another fucking month to see if Esdese kills Mein. Fuck!
Jul 21, 2014 12:22 PM

Feb 2014
Feyfray said:

Oh don't get me wrong - she won't survive the manga, I just meant that I am surprised she has lasted this long.

Ever since she's killed Chelsea, I've had a love-hate relationship with Kurome. I want her dead so badly because of what she did to Chelsea, but at the same time I like her character and I almost want her to live for Wave's sake.....

This series definitely knows how to make you care for both the "good" characters and "bad" characters. And that's what I love about it.
Jul 21, 2014 12:23 PM

Apr 2008
[quote=LoomyTheBrew]
Feyfray said:

This series definitely knows how to make you care for both the "good" characters and "bad" characters. And that's what I love about it.

I hear you. For me it was Bors that made me feel that way the most
Jul 21, 2014 12:31 PM

Feb 2014
LoomyTheBrew said:
Feyfray said:

Ever since she's killed Chelsea, I've had a love-hate relationship with Kurome. I want her dead so badly because of what she did to Chelsea, but at the same time I like her character and I almost want her to live for Wave's sake.....

Exactly. Both Night Raid and the Jaegers are murdering friends of the other squad and leave plenty of room for you to hate / feel sorry for both of them. That's why Esdeath should be victorious.
Jul 21, 2014 12:45 PM

Jul 2013
Rabac's left nut x Rabac's right nut. Look what happened. We should stop with the pairing; they'll just end up being separated with one getting killed.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Should Akame ga Kill! get an anime reboot? ( 1 2 )

jeff_1 - Jan 12, 2017

68 by 01Corvette »»
Jan 13, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 80 Discussion (Volume 8, Extra)

Mana - Feb 24, 2017

6 by yKija »»
Dec 24, 2023 10:17 AM

» Manga compared to the anime

Pizzakiller23 - Sep 12, 2023

5 by Ri-iel »»
Sep 12, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 4 Discussion

notsureifsrs - May 8, 2012

7 by JavanyXD »»
Jun 9, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Junchi - Apr 20, 2016

71 by vclouted »»
Apr 25, 2023 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.