Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Accel World (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 18, 2014 11:55 AM
Sep 2014
so basically you are saying that there is a season 2 but maybe it will be made after sao 2 gets done
Sep 21, 2014 5:59 PM
Nov 2013
sumusiko said:
-Riptide- said:
SAO is pretty much done after SAO (the game) ended. The enemy has been defeated and they already escaped the game. At least in Accel World there are still questions that are still unanswered and the main goal (reaching lvl 10 and meeting the creator of BB) has not yet been achieved. So yeah, I liked AW more than SAO.

Exactly, I mean Reki can keep making up more random stuff to keep SAO going but the LN's will be worse than the first one which was what made SAO popular, the thrill to watch SAO next seasons just isn't there like it was in the first season, the game was completed, they were safe and it should've ended there.

I love accel world but your just outright wrong about SAO getting worse as it progresses the alicization arc is everything that fairy dance and aincrad should have been.

I assume also you watched GGO which isn't as good as accel world yet but after mothers rosario which is a brief dip back into fairy dance territory... but it was only 300 pages so it will hopefully only be an OVA. we get the alicization arc which as I said is better than everything before it.

You know if you search around you can read the novels in English right.

Ah also more on topic I think reki really does WANT Accel world to be animated but I just don't think it is likely, they said they would try basically if you read exactly what he said.

And I think the we will get the company his sister works for to do it was a joke like not a joke where he actually believe it but a joke like haha I could get my sister to do it right.

Don't get me wrong I REALLY want it to happen but I just don't think it will and I think Reki should be honest about that maybe even to him self. Maybe his publisher isn't being honest with him so there is always that possibility, because his editor doesn't really work for Reki he works for the publisher. And the publisher wants to keep him happy and writing lots.
qepsilonpSep 21, 2014 6:11 PM
Sep 21, 2014 11:46 PM

Jan 2014
Might be interesting.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 24, 2014 10:58 AM
Sep 2014
-Riptide- said:
If A-1 takes up Accel World then they can adapt the SAOxAW crossover where

Ehm... that would make Kirito like 50 years old and old enough that it could be Kirito that greated whole accel world since he was aiming to study whole VR thing, but yeah... could be great and im also waiting for season 2 :-)

btw, Kirito would instakill Silver Crow any time he wants to :>
Sep 30, 2014 5:53 AM

Jun 2014
Nopeahuoli said:
-Riptide- said:

Ehm... that would make Kirito like 50 years old and old enough that it could be Kirito that greated whole accel world since he was aiming to study whole VR thing, but yeah... could be great and im also waiting for season 2 :-)

btw, Kirito would instakill Silver Crow any time he wants to :>
novel disagrees :>
Oct 5, 2014 12:41 AM
Oct 2012
Just watch. It gets announced within the next hour.
Oct 5, 2014 12:42 AM

Jan 2009
Watashi20 said:

season 2?
Oct 5, 2014 12:45 AM
Oct 2012
j0x said:
Watashi20 said:

season 2?

Not yet, but a high probability since DB Festival is in the Grand Finale and they usually announce 2 anime adaptations per festival. Kuroyukihime is on the banner which may suggest a new season. Not sure yet since the Grand Finale is still going on.
Oct 5, 2014 12:48 AM

Jan 2009
Watashi20 said:
j0x said:

season 2?

Not yet, but a high probability since DB Festival is in the Grand Finale and they usually announce 2 anime adaptations per festival. Kuroyukihime is on the banner which may suggest a new season. Not sure yet since the Grand Finale is still going on.

keep us updated dude, fingers cross
Oct 5, 2014 1:54 AM
Oct 2012
Wow. All they did was play rock, paper, scissors. So much for a Grand Finale. All you got this year was HO. Sasuga DB.
Oct 8, 2014 8:17 PM

Jul 2013
What a shame. Was really hoping for season 2. Looks like we'll have to keep waiting, if it ever is going to happen. :/
Oct 8, 2014 8:18 PM

Jan 2009
Watashi20 said:
Wow. All they did was play rock, paper, scissors. So much for a Grand Finale. All you got this year was HO. Sasuga DB.

hopes crushed
Oct 8, 2014 9:00 PM

Jun 2014
j0x said:
Watashi20 said:

hopes crushed
Crushed, but small fragments still remains..
Mar 16, 2015 3:46 AM
Mar 2015
i cant wait what is the date that will accel world season 2 is confirmed
Mar 16, 2015 3:48 AM
Mar 2015
i will wait it no matter what i know there will be season 2 of accel world just wait
Mar 22, 2015 1:24 PM

Apr 2014
still hoping and wanting a season 2 hopefully news will come soon enough i hope
"one step at a time"
Mar 26, 2015 9:13 PM
Jul 2018
Would be keen for a season 2. I only gave it a rating of 6 but that means I enjoyed it enough to watch it the whole way through.
Mar 27, 2015 2:30 AM

Nov 2014
indeed, quite keen on season 2.
Apr 10, 2015 5:14 AM
Mar 2015
Can't wait!!
Apr 12, 2015 12:40 AM
Apr 2015
Apr 12, 2015 12:42 AM

Apr 2014
is this still a thing?
Apr 12, 2015 2:59 PM

Jul 2013
Daqz said:

Where is this from?
Apr 13, 2015 5:13 AM

Jun 2014
Protaku94 said:
is this still a thing?

Waiting for further updates from the author.
May 5, 2015 11:00 AM

Jan 2015
fightingotaku said:
still hoping and wanting a season 2 hopefully news will come soon enough i hope
May 8, 2015 3:48 AM
May 2015
Please I'm really begging now for Accel World Season 2!!! -_____-
May 8, 2015 4:03 AM

Apr 2015
MC sucks

Hi
May 8, 2015 10:49 AM
Dec 2014
Aeldrian said:
MC sucks
pretty shallow thing to say it just tells me you not a very good critic
May 18, 2015 8:51 AM
May 2015
Guys... Remeber Silver Crow vs. Cherry Rook (Yuniko the second red king's parent) if you remember that red thing that cherry rook left on the back of silver crow's armor.... It didnt show what happened to that so i an really confident that there is a season 2 of accel world!
Jun 1, 2015 10:21 AM
Jun 2015
Hmmm...so this means accel world season 2 possiblity is 50-50 ??
Jun 9, 2015 10:32 AM
Jun 2015
There has to be a season two . Arita Hakuyuki didnt get the level 10. And never understood everything about accel world. They only scratched the surface about accel world.
Jun 9, 2015 10:33 AM
Jun 2015
There has to be a season two . Arita Hakuyuki didnt get the level 10. And never understood everything about accel world. They only scratched the surface about accel world.
Jun 13, 2015 10:57 AM

Jun 2015
I really loved Accel World, I need a second season please *.*
Could it be possible an announcement within these days? Sunrise Studios have just released a movie of Love Live today... may they be less busy?
Jun 13, 2015 1:32 PM
Jun 2015
HaruAritaDDR99 said:
Could it be possible an announcement within these days? Sunrise Studios have just released a movie of Love Live today... may they be less busy?

I really agree you hope they will announce season 2 these day..
Jun 18, 2015 4:18 AM
Jun 2015
-Riptide- said:
that is impossible because their NerveGears have a big gap in the dates when they were manufactured first thus Kirito is already old
Jun 21, 2015 8:04 AM

Nov 2014
chaosxlight said:
HaruAritaDDR99 said:

I really agree you hope they will announce season 2 these day..
sadly it hasn't happened, I really want them to announce it....
Jun 28, 2015 8:16 AM

May 2010
Cheaterpoopy said:
-Riptide- said:
that is impossible because their NerveGears have a big gap in the dates when they were manufactured first thus Kirito is already old

It is possible since SAO and Accel world are in the same universe, and if you haven't read some theories that kuroyukihime "might" be the daughter of kirito and asuna, well those are just "theories". and if were talking about their nerve gears, nerve gears are the predecessor of the neuro linker, so ofcourse there would have a huge gap in the dates when they were manufactured. if you have watched in one of the episodes (I forgot what episode is that) where the nerve gear was mentioned in accel world.

anyway it's almost may 2015 and still no updates for the second season of accel world, I thought after SAO 2 they will start the production of accel world 2?
Jul 2, 2015 9:00 AM
Mar 2015
Cheaterpoopy said:
-Riptide- said:

Actually their fight already happened,

[spoiler]
Kirito was recruited by a venture company to help in testing out a 4th gen.FullDive tech(operates using Quantum Operation Circuit or Quantum Computer left by Kayaba, and it was rumoured that it was able to interfere with parallel worlds), given that he was a S.A.O. survivor(people who has the longest dive time which is 2 years(although the Sleeping Knights were the ones with the most dive time spanning from 3-5 years) and those survivors had the aptitude to resist the VR Sickness caused by the high specs of the 4th gen. FullDive machine.

During the initial tests, Higa(person in charge of Kirito) tells that there's a chance he might encounter the "Ghost" while in full dive.

On the other hand Haruyuki was using acceleration to complete his assignments then he notices a shadow, Haru then checks out the shadow thinking it was a ghost and actually tries to Burst Out but since the shadow moved he became skeptical and checked the Matching List, he sees the name Kirito and challenges him thinking that he was part of ARS which is responsible for Noumi(Dusk Taker).

The two enters the battle field, both of them can't hear nor talk to each other so they ended up seeing the other as an enemy. So they fight regardless of the unfamiliarity, (I'm gonna do a lazy summary of the battle so sorry) They fight to a stand still where they're falling from the sky, botj was on the verge of dying(one more hit and they're dead) and both bet all their strength on their last attacks, Kirito's sword hits Crows chest and Crow's Sword hand hits Kirito's chest but before there was a declared winner Kirito got disconnected.

They both held high regards to each other

TL;DR

The fight was a draw.
HolySinJul 2, 2015 9:20 AM
Jul 4, 2015 3:02 AM

Jun 2015
kleysss said:
anyway it's almost may 2015 and still no updates for the second season of accel world, I thought after SAO 2 they will start the production of accel world 2?

You're wrong because SAO and AW are written by the same author, Reki Kawahara, BUT they're animated by different studios.
SAO has a huge popularity and its studio animated a season 2 because it would make a lot of money (and actually has).
Accel World is in a different situation: SAO's popularity overshadowed AW's one, as a consequence Accel World's views were low. This anime was animated by Sunrise Studio 8, that is busy with Love Live stuff at the moment, because Love Live is way more popular than SAO and AW together and makes much much more money. Yeah, it's sadly all a matter of money.
We can only wait until Love Live finishes material or loses popularity... but more time passes, less are the chances of a season 2 of Accel World being animated. So, if I were Reki, I'd ask another studio to animate it, because waiting for Sunrise makes chances lower: as I said, their priority is Love Live. I know Reki did this in 2014, but a year has passed and it has sense to try again.
June 2015 has passed and we have no announcements so far, but I'll never lose hope because nothing is impossible. Then we still have a wonderful season 1 (I bet we'll prefer S1 to S2 if it is ever going to happen) and Yen Press is translating the Light Novels in English.
Jul 13, 2015 7:19 AM

Oct 2013
HaruAritaDDR99 said:
kleysss said:

You're wrong because SAO and AW are written by the same author, Reki Kawahara, BUT they're animated by different studios.
SAO has a huge popularity and its studio animated a season 2 because it would make a lot of money (and actually has).
Accel World is in a different situation: SAO's popularity overshadowed AW's one, as a consequence Accel World's views were low. This anime was animated by Sunrise Studio 8, that is busy with Love Live stuff at the moment, because Love Live is way more popular than SAO and AW together and makes much much more money. Yeah, it's sadly all a matter of money.
We can only wait until Love Live finishes material or loses popularity... but more time passes, less are the chances of a season 2 of Accel World being animated. So, if I were Reki, I'd ask another studio to animate it, because waiting for Sunrise makes chances lower: as I said, their priority is Love Live. I know Reki did this in 2014, but a year has passed and it has sense to try again.
June 2015 has passed and we have no announcements so far, but I'll never lose hope because nothing is impossible. Then we still have a wonderful season 1 (I bet we'll prefer S1 to S2 if it is ever going to happen) and Yen Press is translating the Light Novels in English.

Sadly so.

But I will wait.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Jul 24, 2015 8:58 AM

May 2015
I have read some Reviews from the LN that Silver Crow is now lvl 9, now the LN is at volume 19/20 I think , so Probably a second season with 50 eps is possible!
Jul 24, 2015 3:04 PM
Sep 2014
GeNeTiiK9401 said:
I have read some Reviews from the LN that Silver Crow is now lvl 9, now the LN is at volume 19/20 I think , so Probably a second season with 50 eps is possible!

silver crow lv 9? hmm hard to believe that, can you tell from what volume is this information, the latest volume is 18, where did you get that 19/20?
as for the 50eps second season, i would say that we would be lucky to get 26ep like the first one, yen press has reached the anime with the light novels translations(with the manga translations reaching half of the anime, that is odd) so the best time to announce a season 2 is from now till april 2016, if we don't get anything till then, i'm done hoping for a second season
Jul 25, 2015 2:18 PM

Apr 2012
Accel World is kind of a guilty pleasure for me, wouldn't mind watching more of it.
Though Chiyuri is annoying and Kawahara can't write proper villains if his life depended on it.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Jul 29, 2015 1:29 AM

May 2013
Its been 2 years since the original post, i wonder if theres any status updates on an upcoming s2?
Aug 10, 2015 3:21 AM

Aug 2012
Petitions... don't.. work.....
Aug 15, 2015 10:56 AM
Aug 2014
KYPRIME said:
GeNeTiiK9401 said:

silver crow lv 9? hmm hard to believe that, can you tell from what volume is this information, the latest volume is 18, where did you get that 19/20?
as for the 50eps second season, i would say that we would be lucky to get 26ep like the first one, yen press has reached the anime with the light novels translations(with the manga translations reaching half of the anime, that is odd) so the best time to announce a season 2 is from now till april 2016, if we don't get anything till then, i'm done hoping for a second season

He's level 6 at the moment, there's 18 light novels released, The 19th one is supposed to get released soon(October 10th If I ain't mistaken) and also, I'm pretty sure that there will be more than 20 novels, we can see they are getting closer to their goal, but I don't think it'll be over within two novels.
Aug 18, 2015 10:15 PM

Aug 2008
Accel World bluray/dvd sell 8,886. Good enough for season 2 I guess. Wonder what took it so long for sequel to be announced.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Oct 4, 2015 12:45 AM
Oct 2015
Accel World Infinite Burst CONFIRMED!!!!
Oct 4, 2015 12:52 AM

Aug 2013
Naxrrhid said:
Buddy Complex - 2k
Accel World - 8k
Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere - 20k
Love Live! - 50k

Yea..., AW will never get a S2. And thank god for that.

Horizon S3 will have priority anyways.

Except sunrise already mentioned not having plans for doing horizon 3, so don't hold your breath.
Oct 6, 2015 12:57 AM

May 2015
yay..!
याद रखिये ख़ुशी इस बात पर निर्भर नहीं करती कि आप कौन हैं या आपके पास क्या है ; ये पूरी तरह से इस बात पर निर्भर करती है कि आप क्या सोचते हैं

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Accel World Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 21, 2012

453 by Orin23 »»
Feb 20, 4:14 AM

» The episodes 16 to half of 24, gave me an anguish & pissed off reaction

Kiryotsu - Feb 3

3 by Eckl3 »»
Feb 4, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 14, 2012

185 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 11, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2012

223 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 13, 2012

178 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 4:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.