Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
May 31, 2023 9:03 PM

May 2019
THANKS GOD GILETTO-SAMA IS "DEAD".

Would be too good to be true.

The main mistake of this story was the boring subplot about the overly annoying Giletto Team, just there to fu* up the progression of the much more interesting plot about Chaika's gang.

By the middle of the series onwards i started to skip the moments focused on they discussing shit and i feel like i lost nothing.

In fact i enjoyed a lot more the episodes.
Jun 21, 2023 10:17 AM

Jul 2016
Chibi Fredrica popping out of her mangled corpse chestburster style is one of the most morbidly hilarious things I've ever seen. And speaking of morbid, was Vivi transforming into a Chaika without the eyebrows?

Wasn't expecting to love this anime for how slept on it is. The dynamic between these characters is just too good and the story's fairly original too.

Alright time for Season 2
Jul 22, 2023 6:46 AM
Mar 2021
Aug 27, 2023 10:34 PM

Jun 2010
Some satisfyingly simple ends for the villians, especially Akari's revenge on Grad, although I can nitpick that if Ricardo was an incompetant fighter then there doesn't seem to be any reason for Tooru's deception or taking that stab in the arm as he should have been able to win quickly in a straightforward fight. It's a little odd that these are the first people the heroes have killed in the series. It clearly wasn't anything special to them so it's not like they've been trying to hold back this whole time.

If all those soldiers in the fortress were supposed to be mind-controlled like Akari was I feel sorry for them as they must all have drowned.

Gillette's total uselessness is so stark I have to wonder if it was deliberate. Despite how heroic he seemed, when a mass-murdering threat emerged he failed to do anything of use to anyone and even tried to stop that general from doing anything when, after all was done, it was the general who stopped the villians' fortress and saved an entire city. Not only Gillette himself, but the most Vivi and Zita did was play back-up to Tooru and Akari. Frankly, the whole gang deserves to be fired as they've acomplished nothing the entire time we've seen them. Given some other ideas the series has been using like the sorry fates of the heroes who saved the world, this irony could be deliberate and I'd like to see it explored.
Apr 3, 1:53 AM
Aug 2023
So all the ground forces and Gillette died because Gillette stopped them right in the spot that got lasered, what a loser. I'm pretty sure the ground forces wouldn't have been standing exactly right there for the laser to randomly hit that spot if it wasn't for Gillette.

So not only did Tooru and the others leave that surviving woman they found in the wall there despite she was still alive, but they also left all the innocent soldiers who were mind controlled, now released from the control, to drown in the sunken air fortress. But I guess they got the body part they wanted, so who cares huh?
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

137 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 14, 2014

121 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2014

176 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 8:44 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2014

154 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2014

99 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.