Forum Settings
Forums

Do you always watch the opening and ending song of an anime?

New
Pages (21) « First ... « 19 20 [21]
Nov 27, 2016 5:18 AM

Apr 2016
TaeRim said:
Well not always ----> only if is good.
Ditto. That's why I enjoy multiple OP series; even if one of the OPs or EDs isn't good, I may be able to listen to a hotter ones and enjoy them.
Nov 27, 2016 5:51 AM

Mar 2015
I always watch OP and ED even marathoning because I love Anisong more than anyone in the whole world. I also dont skip even though music is bad because I dont feel like anime has started without OP and I dont feel like anime has ended without ED.
Nov 27, 2016 6:08 AM

Jul 2015
OFC I don't watch them all, some anime songs are so cringey :c But I see no reason to skip a good OP
Nov 27, 2016 6:18 AM

Aug 2015
I never watch closing theme and I only watch opening theme on the first episode, no matter how good it is
Nov 27, 2016 6:23 AM

Sep 2016
Opening: I always watch it for most anime.
Ending: I rarely watch it. (If I watch it I probably started at the last episodes)
Nov 27, 2016 6:49 AM
Jan 2016
If the opening and closing songs are just amazing then sure.
Nov 27, 2016 8:16 PM

Nov 2016
Usually I watch the opening and ending song for the first time and if they are catchy to me, I may continue watching them any time I watch an episode of an anime.
"Stop pitying yourself. Pity yourself, and life will become an endless nightmare."
Nov 27, 2016 8:20 PM
Jul 2018
Always. I mean ALWAYS. Even if it's bad. Why? I don't know. I've seen most people don't watch endings, and some of them are awesome.
Nov 27, 2016 8:37 PM

Sep 2016
I watch them for the first episode, and then for the last. Also in between, but sometimes I skip them. But it's always the first episode and the last episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2016 8:44 PM

Jan 2016
For me it depends if I like them or not but for the most part I usually do since they're so damn catchy even though I don't understand what's being said

(only versions I get are the ones that FUNimation and Sentai Filmworks translate even though I don't know if they're even accurate or not which is kind of funny since I can't watch subs but for those I do lol)

and sometimes I will admit I try to find English versions of the songs on youtube just to see how well they do which for the most part is still great and still so damn catchy.

All the Anime's on my list are all one's I own Personal physical copies of, or have seen in theaters that I plan on buying, series that I've watched on FUNimation or HIDIVE will not be on here unless/until I have already bought it.
Nov 27, 2016 8:49 PM

Sep 2014
you have shit taste lmao ^_^ dead ass B
Nov 27, 2016 8:52 PM

Aug 2014
Sometimes i skip them, oh wait maybe often.
Nov 27, 2016 9:11 PM
Oct 2015
If it's worth it, usually I give a chance to every opening and ending; if I like them,I will watch it, or listen to it at least. I tend to watch Anime with amazing openings, and not bad endings. I like the opening songs pretty much:D
Nov 27, 2016 9:22 PM

Sep 2015
Its been history most watchers skip the opening and ending song. Thats why the production in current times try to add in something new into the opening song. Like for example the recent Shakunetsu no Takyuu Musume, their opening song has certain character speaking in it. These kind of new stuffs in the opening might not be a big deal to many people, but its nice when you really watch it. And for those who are watching Soushin Shoujo Matoi, episode 6 opening is the best to watch, sadly many skip the fun:(
Nov 27, 2016 9:35 PM

Feb 2013
You should always give the op and ed themes a shot but if they suck then I may listen to them twice and just hit the forward button. If they are good however (such as fma, madoka magica, attack on titan, etc) then pleassseeeee spam with me that musical glory 13 to 51 times (depending on the length of show).
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsWX3yAgjTPjL3MT7d4wbqg/feed

WHY IS THE RUM GONE?! BECAUSE I DRANK IT TO GET MY RAVE ON AT THE CON DAMNIT!!!
Nov 27, 2016 10:50 PM

Sep 2007
Depends on the quality. I'm watching Rage of Bahamuit right now and the songs are so awful I haven't listened to them since episode one.
Nov 27, 2016 11:06 PM

Sep 2014
I almost always watch them both, only time I dont is if they're really bad.
Nov 27, 2016 11:09 PM
Nov 2012
I'll watch the op and end when i 1st see it/new season out of art respect.I usally get tired of it after 3rd time
Nov 28, 2016 6:51 AM

Nov 2016
I watch them the first time to give them a try and I skip em afterward if they bad. Either good or bad I can listen to it while I quickly do other stuff in another tab.
Nov 28, 2016 6:04 PM

Jan 2016
Always. When I first came to Crunchyroll, I found out that skipping the OP would lead to about a two minute long wait (longer than the OP itself) before I can finally start watching the episode. Nowadays, that's not the case, but I sit through them anyway. I usually like a good chunk of OPs out there too.

As for EDs, it's a similar story to OPs, but I also like sitting through EDs because some series like Food Wars have extra scenes that come after the ED and provide interesting foreshadowing for the following episode. Not to mention next episode previews.
I'm just confused by the whole concept of scoring by "Writing and characters." If you're not entertained, why should you care?
Nov 28, 2016 8:29 PM

Sep 2015
I doubt there is a person who literally always watches—100% at percentage ratio, never skip or fast forward—every single Opening for each anime tittles (s)he has watched.

Tobacco Causes Severe Health Problems, Smoke Moderately While Respecting Others.
Nov 29, 2016 3:39 AM

May 2016
I used to always skip ops and eds when I was still new to anime, then I stopped because I want to appreciate the quality of it. I usually do something else while the song plays in the other tab.

I also like to sing or hum along with the op&ed at least once in a series, especially the awesome ones :3

Nov 29, 2016 3:48 AM

Apr 2015
Never... I force myself to watch the first OP and that's it. Can't stand watching them.
Nov 29, 2016 5:36 AM

May 2012
Well duh....I watch the opening and ending, twice atleast to know if it's to my liking so I can add it to my anime soundtrack playlist XD
Skip if it's not good or
Skip if I have wayy too many anime ops in my head and don't want to add another to my endless playlist :-P

River_CloudNov 29, 2016 5:40 AM
Fancy Quote
Anime isn't Life
But what's Life without some Anime, NEEEEEEE!!!!!
Nov 29, 2016 5:40 AM

Jun 2016
I'll watch them if I like the song, skip if I don't.
Nov 29, 2016 7:11 AM

Feb 2016
only for particular series and airing anime
Nov 29, 2016 6:14 PM

Nov 2016
I usually watch the opening and ending once and then I skip it until a new opening and ending comes. I say if it's a good opening and/or ending then I would watch it sometimes
Nov 29, 2016 6:18 PM

May 2015
I always watch both when it's an airing anime, unless it's bad

When I'm binge watching, I skip them except when it's the first and last episode
"Because people don't have wings.. We look for ways to fly."
Nov 29, 2016 8:25 PM
Nov 2016
Not always, but I find exceptions sometimes.

I find myself enjoying the opening/ending song of a typically more dramatic anime. Like in Angel Beats for example, I really enjoyed how the song really fit with the beautiful story.

Other times I just JAM OUT! I love a good opener song to grab my attention, when the song is killer why not enjoy it?!? As of now my favorite opening/closing songs are from Nisekoi. I listen to it all the time blasting my car stereo's, it's totally worth the looks I get on the highway lolol!
Nov 29, 2016 8:37 PM

Jun 2016
I watch the openings even if they're not the best, usually skip endings unless i really like them after the first watch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2016 9:19 PM
Oct 2016
I always skip OP and ED, except Clannad After Story's opening because it's so good.
Nov 29, 2016 9:24 PM

Dec 2014
I watch it like two to three times but then I only listen to it and visit forums and facebook when it is playing
Nov 29, 2016 10:09 PM

Dec 2009
Openings and endings at times have important relevance to the story, or they're played at by the series itself buy being context related. Also, skipping the ending is unwise unless you're used to skipping 1:30 in case there is after credits stuff - often there will be important stuff there.

Unless it's really atrocious or obviously is pointless, then just watch it.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Nov 30, 2016 3:42 AM

Nov 2014
It depends.. In long running series for example, when i binge watch them, i often to skip them given it can save some times (albeit a little but still), on the contrary in the on-going series, i tend to hear the OP/ED (only skip it if i dislike them)..
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Nov 30, 2016 3:47 AM

Aug 2016
Of course not, if I was to do that than I would have spent entire days of my lifetime just listening to these anime songs which I may not even like. I watch the OP at the start of the series, and the ED at the end, as well as whenever they transition to a new one. And if I like one, I add its song to my ipod
Nov 30, 2016 3:54 AM

Jul 2016
If I like the OP & END I would listen to them if I don't like them I would skip Quickly
Nov 30, 2016 6:22 AM
Nov 2016
At least once. I always listen to it at least once.
Dec 9, 2016 8:30 PM

Apr 2016
a4e19 said:
When you watch anime do you always watch its opening ang ending theme? For me sometimes i skip it :D

I might listen to it for a few seconds to see if it's any good but usually I don't listen to either the OP or ED until I know I like the show. Then I give the music a chance and then I usually skip it to get to the show. I'll listen to the entire episode music, credits, and all on the last episode. So if the music doesn't catch my attention I won't listen to it. If I like it I'll listen to it a bit but mostly just when I'm listening to music not when I'm watching anime.
Dec 9, 2016 8:41 PM

Apr 2016
[quote=a4e19]When you watch anime do you always watch its opening ang ending theme? For me sometimes i skip
Okay maybe I should describe. I'm watching an anime, the pilot is starting, I watch the until the opening or start with the opening depending on what the show does. I listen for a bit then skip to the show. Watch the show. Then listen for a bit to the ending. Skip to the end and see if there's footage after the credits. If there is I watch, if not, I go to the next episode. If I like what I see for the first 4 or so eps depending on show then I'll give music another shot since I'm no longer in much of a hurry anymore. If I'm not attached to music already. Though most times I skip no matter because I'm watching anime not listening to music. If I like it I will memorize the song and listen to it while traveling or listening to music when I feel like listening to music. I also do this for the last episode. It makes it really feel like the end of a story and sometimes shows will have extra footage on the last episode.
DarkConan1412Dec 9, 2016 8:45 PM
Dec 9, 2016 9:02 PM

May 2015
unless i am extremely pressed for time, like if i have exactly 20mins until I have to go, then i'll skip the op and ed.

Otherwise, I don't skip them ever. They usually put me into the mood to watch the anime you know? So I don't like skipping em
Dec 9, 2016 9:09 PM

Oct 2016
I never skip either one but I don't always actually "watch" them unless I'm watching the episode on my tablet and can't switch out of the app. I'll sometimes use that time to look at something else in another tab on my laptop or get up and get a snack or something. It's usually just easier for me me to sit through them than to find the correct time in the video to skip to. And I usually like the songs! Even songs that I don't like at first eventually grow on me and I'll have them stuck in my head within a day or two of watching a series. I think my playlist has a decent balance of opening and ending songs so it seems like I don't really have a preference. Also, I like all the hints about a series that are in the opening animation sometimes and discovering what they mean along the way.
Dec 9, 2016 9:12 PM

May 2014
If i'm watching multiple episodes of one series I'll skip the OP and ED, but if it's a ongoing series and I'm watching weekly ill listen to the OP almost never watch the ED though.
Dec 10, 2016 5:39 AM

Nov 2013
if it's good, then yes. if it's shit, then no.
Dec 10, 2016 7:03 AM

Jul 2016
Only in the last episode to see how it looks
Dec 10, 2016 7:07 AM

Nov 2015
I always watch both during the first episode and/or OP/ED changed to see if they are good..

I used to skip the OP but now I do something else during it.
I watch EDs if they are pleasant to hear. Else, I never watch them.
Salty meme woman and Touhou enthusiast.
Don't hesitate to correct my posts, my english skills aren't the best.
Dec 10, 2016 7:17 AM
Apr 2015
I listen to them once only, and then I usually skip them for the rest of the series. Though on super rare occasions I listen to them for a few times. Super rare that it almost never happened.
Dec 10, 2016 7:37 AM
May 2015
If I like the tune, or if the opening/closing credits show something different.
Pages (21) « First ... « 19 20 [21]

More topics from this board

» Things you are jealous of in anime ( 1 2 )

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

56 by LenRea »»
32 seconds ago

» What is your opinion on anime becoming mainstream? ( 1 2 )

BroDa2545 - Apr 16

55 by LenRea »»
2 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Apr 25

74 by epidemia78 »»
5 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

61 by LenRea »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Which season of AOT is your favourite?

MillerEvans23 - 23 minutes ago

2 by LenRea »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.