Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 6, 2014 8:25 PM

Nov 2013
ya i dont necesarrily like thise arc and it is kinda getting me depressed so can someone just give me a summary of who important dies what new abilities he gets and so on.
oh ya i am at the episode where the cheeta thing is in the wheat farm or something and is being attacked my knuckles and the guy with the big stick.
thanks in advance
someday we may forget
the Manga/Manhwa we have read
the the Anime we have watched
or the Vocaloid we have listened to

but we will NEVER forget how they were there
for us when no one else was and inside we will always be OTAKUS
Jun 6, 2014 8:53 PM

Oct 2013
all the fodder ants dies, battle between the king and the hunters. hunters beat the king, the end.
Jun 6, 2014 8:57 PM

Feb 2014
Jun 7, 2014 1:47 AM

May 2014
ok I'm gonna keep this as short and accurate as I can

And I said HEYEAYEAYEAYEA
Jun 7, 2014 3:53 AM
Oct 2013
At OP, you're going to miss A LOT OF EPIC SCENES if you choose to quit now. I repeat you will MISS A LOT OF EPIC SCENES if you choose to quit now.

Jun 7, 2014 6:10 AM

Dec 2012
Jun 7, 2014 6:48 AM

Jan 2014
Why'd u wanna skip it? Everyone I talk to says it's the best arc in shonen.
Is it really that dark that people get depressed?
Getting really interested rofl
Jun 7, 2014 6:58 AM
Jan 2014
You are too weak minded to enjoy HxH. If you can't handle the Chimera arc, drop this series because something much worse is about to happen.
Jun 7, 2014 8:56 AM

Mar 2014
Idk why this exists when a Wikipedia is readily available with a google search. With that being said, you're missing out.
Jun 7, 2014 9:04 AM

Dec 2012
lebron181 said:
You are too weak minded to enjoy HxH.

Lol, what does that even mean.

because something much worse is about to happen.

What are you referring to?
Jun 7, 2014 10:33 AM

Jan 2012
i can see why it can get quite depressing after seeing kids getting eaten.
Jun 7, 2014 11:36 AM

Jan 2014
Too complex to do that, the summary at best would be as useful as a premise.
Most people who watch it even don't get half what's happening.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2014 2:35 PM

Dec 2013
...U re kidding right?
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jun 8, 2014 3:42 PM
Oct 2010
Fight, cry, fight, cry, fight, cry, Big fight with Netero, cry, Flashy Gon and Killua scenes, crying.
Jun 8, 2014 5:46 PM

Jan 2011
drop the series, if you dont like this arc.
If you want the happy show or the typical shonen battle you shouldnt watch HXH
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Jun 8, 2014 7:33 PM

May 2012
luniz said:
Fight, cry, fight, cry, fight, cry, Big fight with Netero, cry, Flashy Gon and Killua scenes, crying.

What arc were you watching?
Jun 8, 2014 9:19 PM

Jan 2013
bleachjoj said:
luniz said:

What arc were you watching?

There's been a bit of crying in this arc but it's not some shallow shit

Jun 8, 2014 9:41 PM

Jan 2014
Ant nobody got time for that.
Jun 9, 2014 2:45 PM

Oct 2011
lebron181 said:
You are too weak minded to enjoy HxH. If you can't handle the Chimera arc, drop this series because something much worse is about to happen.

cronosteso23 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh man give me a sec here....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh man you guys are pathetic. Here, hold up while I get some tissues for all your tears because someone just so happens to disagree with you. Because someone dislikes the Chimera Ant arc you're all butthurt and it's hilarious.

Here, special for the both of you.

Don't worry there's a whole box of them for you
Jun 9, 2014 4:12 PM

Jan 2011
fearthebeard85 said:
lebron181 said:

cronosteso23 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh man you guys are pathetic. Here, hold up while I get some tissues for all your tears because someone just so happens to disagree with you. Because someone dislikes the Chimera Ant arc you're all butthurt and it's hilarious.

@fearthebeard85 jajajajajajajaja, why dont you watch naruto bro.
1. if you dont like any arc from any long anime you should dop the series, just that.
THE PROBLEM with @heelllo is that he is feeling depressed for the chimera ant ARC but why?
you know the answer
and thanks for the gift, Baka
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Jun 9, 2014 4:30 PM

Apr 2009
cronosteso23 said:
fearthebeard85 said:

1. if you dont like any arc from any long anime you should dop the series, just that.
THE PROBLEM with @heelllo is that he is feeling depressed for the chimera ant ARC but why?
you know the answer

Maybe they're depressed because of the drop in overall quality of this arc compared to what HxH used to be.
Jun 9, 2014 9:02 PM

Dec 2011
WyattEarp said:

Maybe they're depressed because of the drop in overall quality of this arc compared to what HxH used to be.

Quality of what? Animation? Music? Voice acting? Those things have been getting consistently better since the beginning of the series, and it's in the CA arc that we truly see what Madhouse and the VA's are capable of.

The quality of pacing and storytelling is debatable, since opinions vary so widely among fans... but I think most people that don't like the storytelling have a problem with the story itself, and not the telling of said story.
Jun 9, 2014 9:13 PM

Jan 2014
DalPuri said:
WyattEarp said:

Quality of what? Animation? Music? Voice acting? Those things have been getting consistently better since the beginning of the series, and it's in the CA arc that we truly see what Madhouse and the VA's are capable of.

The quality of pacing and storytelling is debatable, since opinions vary so widely among fans... but I think most people that don't like the storytelling have a problem with the story itself, and not the telling of said story.

Maybe the story is exactly what he is referring to. It is the most important element for a lot of people.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jun 9, 2014 9:41 PM

Jan 2014
fearthebeard85 said:
lebron181 said:

cronosteso23 said:

Man... That was pathetic.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2014 9:42 PM
Apr 2014
Unfortunately,next arc (Dark Continent) would be darker and more brutal.You will see more death...
yatabareJun 9, 2014 9:48 PM
Jun 9, 2014 11:23 PM

Apr 2009
DalPuri said:
WyattEarp said:

Well more so the overall direction of the arc. Although I think the way the story was written wasn't perfect either, it could have been a lot better if it was handled better. And I swear that's what most other people who didn't like this arc that much felt as well.

I felt that the other arcs had more memorable moments of juicy animation as well, while this one had only a couple eps with some really good animation. Personally i preferred the soundtrack of other arcs but that comes down to personal preference.
Jun 10, 2014 8:34 AM

May 2012
WyattEarp said:
DalPuri said:

Well more so the overall direction of the arc. Although I think the way the story was written wasn't perfect either, it could have been a lot better if it was handled better. And I swear that's what most other people who didn't like this arc that much felt as well.

I felt that the other arcs had more memorable moments of juicy animation as well, while this one had only a couple eps with some really good animation. Personally i preferred the soundtrack of other arcs but that comes down to personal preference.

I guess if you feel that way, but there for me have been many of those memorable moments in the invasion part alone. Mostly anything to do with Youpi, Netero vs Mereum, the episode when Zeno comes, Gon and Pitou (116 and 131), Godspeed.

Personally I feel it's actually the best written arc of HunterxHunter.
Jun 10, 2014 9:18 AM

Apr 2009
bleachjoj said:

I guess if you feel that way, but there for me have been many of those memorable moments in the invasion part alone. Mostly anything to do with Youpi, Netero vs Mereum, the episode when Zeno comes, Gon and Pitou (116 and 131), Godspeed.

Personally I feel it's actually the best written arc of HunterxHunter.

Yeah those were some great moments of animation especially netero vs meruem and gon vs pitou. But over the span of 60 episodes it just felt that the moments of great animation were few and far between, except for very recently.
Jun 10, 2014 9:42 AM

Oct 2011
judals said:
fearthebeard85 said:

No, what's pathetic is people telling others how they should or shouldn't enjoy anime. If someone doesn't like the Chimera Ant arc the immediate reaction shouldn't be "Drop the series then because you obviously aren't smart enough to understand HxH's greatness".

Let me ask you a question Judals. Was there a point in this series where you felt like maybe the story wasn't as great as you would have hoped? Maybe you felt Greed Island or the Hunter Exam were a bit weaker. If that were the case, how would you feel if you expressed your displeasure and yet got blasted with people telling you to drop the series and telling you that you aren't a fan of the show?
Jun 10, 2014 12:54 PM

Nov 2013
fearthebeard85 said:
judals said:

No, what's pathetic is people telling others how they should or shouldn't enjoy anime. If someone doesn't like the Chimera Ant arc the immediate reaction shouldn't be "Drop the series then because you obviously aren't smart enough to understand HxH's greatness".

Let me ask you a question Judals. Was there a point in this series where you felt like maybe the story wasn't as great as you would have hoped? Maybe you felt Greed Island or the Hunter Exam were a bit weaker. If that were the case, how would you feel if you expressed your displeasure and yet got blasted with people telling you to drop the series and telling you that you aren't a fan of the show?

I agree, as much as I love HxH, it definitely does have its slow moments, as you said, the hunter exam is a bit weak, whenever I started the series, it actually bored me a little and I didn't truly get into until Heaven's Arena. Same goes for Greed Island, not that I didn't like GI, but since it's got in the middle of two of the best arcs in the series, it just felt underwhelming to me.
"Now, let us drink. Let us drink. Drink to the human race. In every age, there will be good humans and bad humans. Human life is too long to devote to reproduction, yet too short to devote to learning, in the helix of time. Perhaps that is why humans succumb to desire and seek release. Despite the fact that life is complete with the sun, the land and poetry." Supreme Leader Diego(Real) (Hunter x Hunter 2011)
Jun 10, 2014 4:48 PM

May 2011
A strange creatures that barely look like ants and they call themselves ants with insane amount of aura, appeared from the nowhere and they threat the human kind, and our cute Gon and his friends are aiming to eliminate them all till the last one.
Jun 11, 2014 5:19 AM
Oct 2013
Satan-sama said:
A strange creatures that barely look like ants and they call themselves ants with insane amount of aura, appeared from the nowhere and they threat the human kind, and our cute Gon and his friends are aiming to eliminate them all till the last one.

That wouldn't be nowhere and not surprising nonetheless if you're reading the manga and know the dark continent.
Jun 12, 2014 8:32 AM

Jan 2014
fearthebeard85 said:
judals said:

That's not very relevant, comments being "targeted" are ones asking for action where the show established it is not meant to do so, or, people criticizing how something is obvious yet next week ask a question about it, or show that they didn't get it. That is kind of stupid.

I'm not saying the people themselves are dumb, but when the main themes brush by that person (be it lack of attention or interest alike) then clearly the show is not meant for them.

Much like a person criticizing a comedy for the plot shouldn't be watching that comedy, he may not be stupid, but that specific action at least, is.
Jun 12, 2014 8:56 AM

Apr 2009
cronosteso23 said:

you know the answer

Why are you bashing Naruto out of no where. And just because you dislike an arc doesn't mean you should drop the series...
Jun 12, 2014 8:58 AM

Jan 2014
Sarcasm detection:failure.
Jun 14, 2014 7:25 PM

Apr 2011
a lot of clone techniques, a giant bomb, people powering up and transforming, people getting mind controlled and kidnapped, ant eating human brains, author trying to make us sempatize with the bad guy even though he was planning to kill all humans because... reasons.

a typical shounen scenario
Jun 14, 2014 9:48 PM

Mar 2014
judals said:
Sarcasm detection:failure.

Who failed to detect it? Wyatt? Cause cronos was being obnoxious, not sarcastic :|

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Anisamar - Oct 10, 2011

135 by WienGirl »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

47 by Rhaelynne »»
11 hours ago

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 25, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.