3It was OK
7.6%
2Disliked it
1.3%
1Hated it
1.1%
Average 4.5
552 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 24, 2008 11:59 PM
Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
lol@Sunohara

Anyway, I didn't like this episode as much. It felt so cramped. Not only that but Fuko also makes an unnecessary appearance. However, I did like seeing Nagisa and Tomoya together.
Jan 25, 2008 1:27 AM

Nov 2007
Sunohara was awesome.

I actually loled at Fuko's sudden appearance (Boo, stock footage). Even if I knew it was going to happen somewhere, I was still surprised. The fact that there was a Tomoyo scene was a surprise too...

Nagisa "protecting" Tomoya from "Gay" Sunohara was Epic Moe.

Although, didn't like how she gave up so easily on the club...

It did feel like that a lot of stuff happened in the episode. Like 30 minutes summarized in 20.
Jan 25, 2008 1:54 AM

Oct 2007
^
l
what can you expect, not every transition ep will be great, if not even remotely good. its focuses more on a lighter note after finishing the kotomi arc
Jan 25, 2008 2:16 AM

Apr 2007
The whole Fuko scene was just random that didnt really need to happen though it was pretty nice seeing Tomoyo after a while

You can tell Nagisa is Sanae's daughter with the whole shocked face+lighting..."Gay "Sunohara and Nagisa "fighting over" Okazaki made me laugh a good 5 mins

The Red Truth is the only truth in the world
Jan 25, 2008 3:32 AM

Oct 2007

this feels great, kyou you are the best!

Jan 25, 2008 4:26 AM

Nov 2007
Actually, I loved this episode. Sunohara went up on the GAR meter :D (and gay meter lmao).

A mixture of funny and seriousness in this episode. I was pretty mad at Nagisa for giving up on the club, but I liked the development of Nagisa and Tomoya in this episode. Fuko's appearance was pretty surprising though, it gave me a good lol in that scene. Tomoyo's appearance was pretty interesting too, hope she gets a piece of the story too.

Interesting preview, when i heard 3 on 3 i was thinking of the basketball game. Watching a love war is just as interesting i guess.
\
Jan 25, 2008 5:24 AM

Jul 2007
liked this ep

looks like next ep is going to be really funny
Jan 25, 2008 9:52 AM

Sep 2007
Sunohara arc? :o awesome xD!

The little appeareance of Tomoyo likes me so much in this episode *-* and i really hope the preview scene for Tomoyo & Tomoya will really happen in 16! Not a dream~ T_T
Jan 25, 2008 9:57 AM

Oct 2007
Sunohara was awesome this episode lol, although I think he got a tad too emotional out of nowhere. Tomoyo, win. And finally a bit more of nagisa and okazaki, finally a little something shows.
Jan 25, 2008 10:23 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Very eventful and funny episode, NagisaxTomoya ftw. Loving the summer uniforms. Sunohara was hilarious and Nagisa is just <3 .

I also laughed at Fuko's appearance. Loved this episode.

[edit]: Mei seems really cute, Lolis ftw~
cyruzJan 25, 2008 10:30 AM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 25, 2008 10:53 AM

Dec 2007
Hahaha this episode was fun. I loved the ending, what a huge misunderstanding! XD Nagisa really blushed when she lied, it was cute, even though I'm not really too fond of her. Tomoyo appeared too, the first time in quite a few episodes, so that's good. I get the feeling she has been neglected for a bit too long, its already ep 15 and I don't remember her having maybe more than 3 consecutive minutes onscreen >_<

Does anyone know which arc this is yet? All of girls whose arcs haven't been shown appeared! I'm still clueless... could it be Nagisa's arc because of the happenings in the episode? And how is KyoAni going to condense 3 arcs into the remaining 9 episodes? Are they going to fuse all of the remaining arcs together? Could that be why they all appeared this episode and also will in the next one? x_x I hope not...

Kemonomimi Shoujo, a site dedicated to beautiful nekomimis, inumimis, kitsunemimis, usagimimis and more! Check out the club, too!
Jan 25, 2008 11:00 AM

Apr 2007
I give up. I dunno where this is going anymore, lol. I'll just keep on praying KyoAni delivers.

Omg. CUTENESS OVERDOSE! When Nagisa said she was Tomoya's girlfriend, I totally squealed. That was the best. Incredibly awesome. His lie was also incredibly funny. Gay Sunohara was hilarious.

I find it interesting how KyoAni tries not to make Fuko disappear. Even though her appearances are quite useless.

Anyway... More Nagisa development please! Even I wouldn't be able to go along with the club after being told all that. Incredible blackmailing abilities, Choir Club member-san.
Jan 25, 2008 11:09 AM

Sep 2007
lol, poor sunohara. The end of the episode was great..:D
Jan 25, 2008 11:13 AM

Sep 2007
Whats with that robot and the kid that are at the start of some episodes?
Jan 25, 2008 11:15 AM

Sep 2007
That was so awesome xD I couldn't stop laughing at the call from Sunoharas sister.
Seems like Sunoharas arc comes first..

Jan 25, 2008 11:21 AM

Apr 2007
Chicken008 said:
Whats with that robot and the kid that are at the start of some episodes?

Symbolism of some sort that has yet to be explained.
Jan 25, 2008 11:53 AM

Jul 2007
This episode was actually funny.
That aside, Sunohara was awesome, might just make it onto my favourite characters list... maybe.
Jan 25, 2008 12:14 PM

Oct 2007
Episode was funny stuff, loving the Fuko appearance again.

Jan 25, 2008 12:38 PM

Mar 2007
More Mei, NOW.
Jan 25, 2008 12:42 PM

Oct 2007
This episode was great, even though there were so many reasons for me not to like it, there still was enjoy reason to enjoy it.

I like the fact that it spent a lot of time on Sunohara's character and we got to know the reasoning behind his and Tomoya's friendship, whilst having a good laugh at the gay moment. Yet again we had another random Fuuko moment but I just couldn't help but laugh at how stupid it all was. I definitely can't wait till next weeks. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2008 1:05 PM

Jan 2008
So that's Mei, eh? Been wondering who that girl was.
Sunohara got some more screentime, and Tomoya's jokes got some interesting results. I wonder if Mei brought that Dogū.
I didn't like how Fuuko appeared at first, but in the end, it was sort of nice.
All in all, it was a nice episode.
Jan 25, 2008 1:26 PM

Nov 2007
I guess I did laugh hard the end... would be nice if Nagisa didn't lie about it...
And Mei-Chan is cute
Jan 25, 2008 1:46 PM

Jan 2007
Other than the appearence of Fuko, this was a fantastic episode. It was so funny and cute. Mei also wins <3
Jan 25, 2008 2:00 PM

Jul 2007
Wow I loled so many times during this ep, especially in the begining with the phone call between Tomoya and Mei and at the end when Tomoya said that Sunohara was gay for him XD
Next episode looks really good too^^
Jan 25, 2008 2:37 PM
Dec 2007
AngelLily said:
I give up. I dunno where this is going anymore, lol. I'll just keep on praying KyoAni delivers.
I'm about as clueless although the main suspicion would be that they'll stop the "one arc at a time" approach and instead give at least little bits of each one in every episode (so they do't have to rush it all in the end). They should have actually done this approach so to begin with if they wanted to aim for the 24-26 episodes limit. Fuko and Kotomi's respective arcs took too long although Tomoyo was given a fair amount of screentime during Fuko's arc.

All in all, it was an entertaining, if not a little hectic, episode. I didn't find it too fast at all, more like the pace went from snail-mode to hyper-mode. What made it hectic was that they tried introduced all the remaining characters back to the plot at once, so it kept jumping from place to place.

And to end it, Sunohara was both an awesome source of laughter and a little surprise box. First time he takes something seriously. And I seem to remember being told Mei has an small sidestory as well. Can't believe they will actually attempt to shove it in too considering how pressed for time they are.

Jan 25, 2008 2:48 PM

May 2007
Why so much Fuko hate? Was I the only one who thought it was pretty humorous when she showed up and randomly ran off after 10 seconds of screen time?
Jan 25, 2008 2:56 PM

Nov 2006
SUNOHARA FTFW
MUST HAVE SUNOHARA END!!
Jan 25, 2008 3:22 PM
Dec 2007
Draendil said:
Why so much Fuko hate? Was I the only one who thought it was pretty humorous when she showed up and randomly ran off after 10 seconds of screen time?
Sarcasm?

Jan 25, 2008 3:46 PM

Aug 2007
Lol Sunohara. Great ep.
Jan 25, 2008 3:51 PM

May 2007
The episode was alright, a bit of teen romance and some comedy and the part towards the end where Tomoya "saves" Tomoyo from the 2 judo students, was pretty cool.

And yea... they've got to stop with all these random Fuko apppearances, it kinda makes the ending of her story act seem insignificant.
Jan 25, 2008 3:52 PM

Jul 2007
The summer uniforms remind me too much of Eva.

And Fuko's appearance was awesome. Never forget.
_k1_Jan 25, 2008 4:00 PM
Jan 25, 2008 4:47 PM

May 2007
I'm flattered that Sunohara is actually a very caring guy and he can straightforwardly utter his mind in a situation which needs sympathy. Somebody tell me if imouto is transferring. She’s adorable!

This was a very solid, entertaining episode. They’re probably starting little pieces of Nagisa, Tomoyo, and... Sunohara all at once and maybe the conclusions will be separated. In other words, no characters left behind. But I don’t wish to speculate as long as each and every episode is entertaining.

I guess Kotomi and Fuko will still be close to the gang, which is good, and it looks like we have to be prepared for more Fuko impromptu appearances! She probably just trying to repay Tomoya's and everyone's kindness even though she's not remembered. Tomoya’s jokes and pranks made me laugh out loud as usual. And I love his stare at the Judo club leader and then just snatched Tomoyo away. Male characters level up! Finally, the last scene was priceless, rofl! Suhonara x Tomoya? XD
Jan 25, 2008 5:12 PM

Dec 2007
Just when I thought the boring Kotomi arc was over and the show might get better, Fuko shows up :(

Anyways, episode was awesome, remember why I enjoyed the first few episodes of the series before it turned into a show that only women and gay men could enjoy. Really looking forward to seeing how the rest of the series turns out now and glad I revived it from my Dropped list.
playconnJan 25, 2008 5:16 PM
Jan 25, 2008 5:42 PM

Aug 2007
The robot sounds like Kotomi for some reason...the godly sakuga still makes me drool...
*drools*

Looks like Sunohara is playing the role of supporting male character to its fullest. His stupidity balances well with his caring nature towards his friends.

Thank God they stopped that near pseudo-confession/touching/leading to somewhere scene...can't have the male lead hitched now...

Tomoyo makes her reappearance, squee!!!

Fuko is still retarded...her appearance in this episode was completely unnecessary. I can even say the same with Kotomi. Kyoani is just doing this so that the fans won't be disgruntled that their fav characters disappear after their arc is finished. I still find it completely pointless if they only say a couple of lines...but whatever.

Gay Sunohara is win...Nagisa/Tomoya is firmly established...it was inevitable...but I'm kinda saddened by it...even if Nagisa and her ahoge is full of moe...='(

Mei is introduced...next episode seems to hint at Kyou/Ryou arc...Tomoyo is back...the summer seifuku is kawaii...episode felt kind of pointless...

So we have 9 episodes left, 3 arcs still pretty much still in the dark, a hinted arc with Mei in the playing field, the robot girl still pretty much a mystery, chances of a Tomoyo After becoming slimmer, hawt ero scene next episode...things aren't looking that good for Clannad from my perspective.

I can understand Kotomi tagging around with the crew, but Fuko should remain in her bed until she wakes up. The random appearances just makes the watcher feel bewildered and completely ruins whatever mood the viewer has at the moment. Still a firm believer that kyoani will deliver...but get to the good stuff already...the comedy is all nice and good...but I want moar drama!!!

Any word if kyoani is even hinting at the possibility of a Tomoyo After series/ova/movie? Seriously hoping Tomoyo gets completely shafted by kyoani just so she can have her own show xD

Jan 25, 2008 6:14 PM

Nov 2007
im worried about kyou, nagisa and tomoyo's arc...

Jan 25, 2008 6:25 PM

Nov 2007
Hilarious episode.Next episode looks full of confusion. Fuko's scene was really forced this episode. From what she said we all know she's going to pop up again.

[edit] Also I think the thing with the girl and robot marks the start of a new arc(which might explain why they only pop up once every few episodes). The next time we see them will probably be in the begining of a new arc IMO.
Jan 25, 2008 6:54 PM

Aug 2007
This episode was just awesome, laughed so much and there was even a decent amount of drama and emotion, not something you get from many other shows. I love the fuuko appearances, just make the episode that much better.
Jan 25, 2008 8:21 PM
Aug 2007
Wow the Fuko thing was random...

Tomoyo is goin 4 Okazaki w00t but u get the feeling that Nagisa might win Okazaki in the end but who knows? For all we know he might end up with Sunohara and his excuses haha. I luved this episodes. The ending with Sunohara was just too good. Next episode Im hoping that Tomoyo finally gets sum good screen time after TWO Arcs....
Jan 25, 2008 8:47 PM

Nov 2007
Clannad was just saved from a drop by Sunohara. Homo side character for the win.
Jan 25, 2008 8:50 PM

Jun 2007
thank god this ark is pure comedy. I was getting a bit sick of the sad over dramatic stuff.
Jan 25, 2008 8:50 PM
May 2007
Base score: 5
Alternative world: -1
Sunohara: +1
Tomoyo: +3
Kyou: +2
Fuko: -3
Nagisa: -2
Nest of love: +4

Overall episode score: 9/10
Jan 25, 2008 9:08 PM

Mar 2007
Ahahahaha @ the misunderstanding.

So now Sunohara's gay, Nagisa's Tomoya's girlfriend, and Fuko is yet to be remembered. DDD: I wonder if her appearance means that she woke up? :/
Jan 25, 2008 9:30 PM
Dec 2007
shigures_editor said:
Ahahahaha @ the misunderstanding.

So now Sunohara's gay, Nagisa's Tomoya's girlfriend, and Fuko is yet to be remembered. DDD: I wonder if her appearance means that she woke up? :/
Her appearance is just further reassurance to the viewers that she WILL wake up. Otherwise they wouldn't keep talking about there being a time for them to naturally meet each other.

Jan 25, 2008 10:19 PM

Nov 2007
I don't understand all the random-fuko hate :(

If this were a very serious drama filled episode, then yeah, throwing in another random "FUKO TO THE RESCUE" 15 sec bit would've been stupid since it'd throw off the mood. Obviously this episode was more geared to being hilarious.

I enjoyed how useless and random the scene was tbh, "I'VE COME TO HELP. WAIT. I CAN'T DO ANYTHING. SEE YOU LATER." XD

Tomoya's prank's make me lol everytime. The phone conversation and the 'gay sunohara' were awesome.

Need MORE TOMOYO! :( it's looking kinda cramped end game wise. I don't know how much of an arc she's going to get... I'm going with whoever previously mentioned it, I hope she get's shafted and giving an after story OVA haha.

Nagisa saying Tomoya was her boyfriend XD awesome. Ditto to the preview "LOVE NEST?!".
Jan 25, 2008 10:26 PM

Sep 2007
omg, that whole "sunohara is gay for tomoya" thing was hilarious, I can't help but feel sorry for poor sunohara though. Also, didn't really like the unnecessary appearance of fuko. Once I saw those stars, I immediately thought "oh no, not this again", not that I hate her, its just felt like time wasted.
Jan 25, 2008 10:36 PM

Dec 2007
CanadaAotS said:
I don't understand all the random-fuko hate :(

Think it's because of hearing 3 episodes or so straight of cotton ball filled mouth/annoying "dozo"s. Was happy when she disappeared but she keeps coming back.
Jan 26, 2008 12:41 AM

Oct 2007
Besides the random Fuko appearance, the episode was quite good. Nagisa and Okazaki are probably going to end up together.

Sunohara's a complete idiot =]
... but I still like him as a character. The misunderstanding part was quite funny.

Try comparing Sunohara to his sister...
Jan 26, 2008 4:28 AM

Dec 2007
Sunohara's appearances in this episode was pure win from start to finish.

The part with Fuko in this episode was the worst appearance of Fuko, ever. But I still liked it in the end.

Anyway, great episode thou I am a bit confused about whose ark it is at the moment.
Jan 26, 2008 4:34 AM

Dec 2007
Best part: gay Sunohara.
Worst part: REALLY random Fuko appearance.

Overall, 5/5 lolworthy episode.
Jan 26, 2008 5:00 AM

Apr 2007
kasumisama said:
Clannad was just saved from a drop by Sunohara. Homo side character for the win.

QFT.

More Sunohara screentime, less Fuko, kthx.

My hate for Fuko isn't random. I never liked her to begin with. The ending of her arc is pretty less dramatic with all the random appearances.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Sobzob - Nov 2, 2007

153 by CalmTeaTime »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Clannad Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Sobzob - Oct 26, 2007

181 by CalmTeaTime »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Clannad Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Oct 19, 2007

136 by CalmTeaTime »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Clannad Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Oct 12, 2007

193 by CalmTeaTime »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Clannad Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cyruz - Oct 5, 2007

273 by CalmTeaTime »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.