Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 18, 2014 3:55 AM
Oct 2013
Do you like your voice? How does your voice sound? What do people say about your voice? Would you let other MAL members listen to your voice?

With all those questions of course this is not a listing thread.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 18, 2014 3:57 AM

Jul 2012
I hate my voice. I sound like a wired wannabe gangster from north Africa. No.

It kinda is.
הלב שלי כבר מת
May 18, 2014 4:00 AM

Mar 2014
My voice is very deep, and I get comments about it quite a bit when I'm talking. Sometimes, I'll pick up the home phone when it rings and the person on the other side will automatically think its my dad, due to my voice, when it actually is just me. It can be very irritating sometimes, especially since I'm not that old.

Do I like it? I'm indifferent about it.

Would you let MAL users hear it? Sure, why not.
May 18, 2014 4:08 AM

May 2013
Ryukatsuka said:
My voice is very deep, and I get comments about it quite a bit when I'm talking. Sometimes, I'll pick up the home phone when it rings and the person on the other side will automatically think its my dad, due to my voice, when it actually is just me. It can be very irritating sometimes, especially since I'm not that old.

Do I like it? I'm indifferent about it.

Would you let MAL users hear it? Sure, why not.

I can relate, though I guess it doesn't sound horrible because I've been told to become a radio guy quite often ^^

I wouldn't have any problems with others listening to my sexy german accent ;)
BohnenbrotMay 18, 2014 4:15 AM
Bokura wa Minna Ikiteiru
May 18, 2014 4:10 AM

Jan 2014
Blegh. I dislike my voice. I have to try really hard just to not sound like I'm on the verge of crying. My voice sounds sad and melancholic, but not in a pleasant way. The pitch of it sounds unnaturally low, although it's not particularly deep.

But this is most likely just how I perceive it, so I try not to let it bother me. It's probably alright. I suppose I would let other MAL members hear it. But I won't, of course.
May 18, 2014 4:12 AM

Jun 2009
The way you hear your own voice isn't how other people hear it anyway. I often get compliments for having a manly voice while talking on the phone (no kidding) so I guess it doesn't sound too bad.
May 18, 2014 4:15 AM
Jan 2014
I like my voice.
May 18, 2014 4:18 AM
Dec 2013
I actually like my voice, I sound like an average teenager would. I have cracked it but still isn't deep.
May 18, 2014 4:19 AM

Apr 2014
I think that I have a very distinct sounding voice. I don't really like it, but for some reason a lot of people think that I have a weird accent, but I'm not really sure what they're going on about. I wouldn't say that my voice is low but I wouldn't say that it's high pitch either.
May 18, 2014 4:19 AM

Dec 2013
My voice fluctuates
I sound like a girl at times, and I sound like a man at times. It's hilarious if you ask me
You're the person that rejected my proposal, aren't you?
May 18, 2014 4:22 AM

Jan 2013
My voice has a bit of a mexican (spanish) accent, although it's not too noticeable.
CabronMay 18, 2014 4:26 AM
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

May 18, 2014 4:23 AM

Aug 2012
I sound like a gentleman.
May 18, 2014 4:32 AM

Nov 2013
I sound completely normal and it fits me perfectly but I work on my voice and tonality to get it right for when picking up girls, the way you sound has a big importance on your overall attractiveness.
SCARY MONSTER
May 18, 2014 4:35 AM

Feb 2012
I would love to sound more like Beyoncé, but sadly, that wont be happening. Mines a more typical girl voice I think.

May 18, 2014 4:35 AM
Oct 2013
cabacc2 said:
I like my voice.
That answered a lot of things.
lupadim said:
I sound like a gentleman.
No doubt.
Zetrin said:
My voice fluctuates
I sound like a girl at times, and I sound like a man at times. It's hilarious if you ask me
You're the person that rejected my proposal, aren't you?
That's really hilarious. I sound like loli most of the time but if I try hard, I can make shota voice so I can relate to that (if that makes any sense). And yes, I am.
May 18, 2014 4:37 AM

Sep 2012
People generally never tend to like the sound of their own voice, and the same goes for me. Though I did have a very insecure phase about my own voice, where even listening to its recording would make me cringe and cover my ears.
I honestly wouldn't know how to describe my voice unless I just use the word "weird", which isn't very creative.
Though this doesn't stop me from talking a lot or letting others hear my voice.
May 18, 2014 4:40 AM
May 18, 2014 4:41 AM
Jan 2014
kanno_ said:
cabacc2 said:
I like my voice.

*sigh*
kanno_ said:
Do you like your voice?
yes
How does your voice sound?
manly, not annoying. I have a good singing voice aswell
What do people say about your voice?
I never listen when people talk about topics like this, I dont care about it. Its not that I could "change" my voice. If someone talks about my voice and I happened to listen to him, I would just forget about it like 5 minutes later.

Would you let other MAL members listen to your voice?
sure why not

Are you satisfied now?
May 18, 2014 4:44 AM

May 2013
i can sing pretty good. i often try to sing like bob marley haha. just like 'woahyooiyoi' i sing that a lot in the shower and stuff. i've sang live before actually, at an open mic night, it's fun id reccomend it to anyone
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
May 18, 2014 4:50 AM
Aug 2011
I guess I like my voice. My voice is deep?... that's a hard question to answer, I never really think about how I sound personally. I get complimented on my lack of a Texas accent a lot even though I have been here for half my life I still hear country notes in my voice though. I also get told I could do radio work or voice work in general. I do voices so I get asked to do some of my impressions if I do. Which is fun, but it gets old. Sure you can hear it, gives me a good reason to use Sound Cloud

Nothing makes you sound more dumb than when you ramble.
May 18, 2014 4:51 AM

Jan 2014
I can't say I like my voice but I don't dislike it either. I quess my voice sounds like a boy's at my age. I have asked some people what they think about my voice and they were neutral.
I quess I wouldn't mind letting my friends at MAL hear my voice at skype.
EvangrelMay 18, 2014 4:54 AM
May 18, 2014 4:53 AM

Dec 2013
animeoppai said:
please someone use vocaroo
Nice idea, I'll try to get both genders out of my voice

Dr_Smurph said:
Wow, I would be jealous if I didn't like mine
May 18, 2014 4:53 AM
Jan 2014
Dr_Smurph said:
I guess I like my voice. My voice is deep?... that's a hard question to answer, I never really think about how I sound personally. I get complimented on my lack of a Texas accent a lot even though I have been here for half my life I still hear country notes in my voice though. I also get told I could do radio work or voice work in general. I do voices so I get asked to do some of my impressions if I do. Which is fun, but it gets old. Sure you can hear it, gives me a good reason to use Sound Cloud

that was quite awesome. Props to you
May 18, 2014 4:57 AM
Mar 2014
My voice can go from very deep/manly to very high, or very weird cute kind of pokemon voice, so it depends of my mood and if I feel like annoying people
May 18, 2014 5:02 AM
Oct 2013
cabacc2 said:
kanno_ said:
cabacc2 said:
I like my voice.

*sigh*
-Answers-
Are you satisfied now?
Yes. You answered a lot of things.

animeoppai said:
please someone use vocaroo
Yes, please.

Dr_Smurph said:
Sure you can hear it, gives me a good reason to use Sound Cloud
I shall listen to this when I'm online from PC.
May 18, 2014 5:06 AM

Sep 2013
My sisters make fun of my voice because its a kinda deep.
AsianKungFuMay 18, 2014 5:12 AM
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
May 18, 2014 5:11 AM

Sep 2010
Dr_Smurph said:

your voice sounds great. c'mon people, supply actual voices!
May 18, 2014 5:13 AM
Aug 2011

I appreciate the positivity. Wanted to get the ball rolling. In hopes of others joining in.
May 18, 2014 5:13 AM

Jan 2014
Dr_Smurph said:

I wish my voice carried such tremendous charm and charisma. Good job.
May 18, 2014 5:43 AM
Oct 2013
animeoppai said:
c'mon people, supply actual voices!
My English is pretty bad, not sure if people would understand if I speak in English.
May 18, 2014 6:22 AM

Nov 2012
Asap has best voice on mal

kanno_ said:
animeoppai said:
My English is pretty bad, not sure if people would understand if I speak in English.
speak in not english then
May 18, 2014 7:29 AM

Mar 2014
I hate my voice. From what I heard on vocaroo, I can't stand it.
May 18, 2014 7:35 AM

Dec 2013
I don't like it, it's bland and boring
May 18, 2014 8:02 AM
Oct 2013
Dr_Smurph said:

I just found out that soundcloud was blocked in my computer along with twitter.

zoknimano said:

kanno_ said:
animeoppai said:
speak in not english then

I want to speak in Japanese but I'm afraid I might sound like a weeaboo. But anything will do, right. Here, I recorded it.
May 18, 2014 8:06 AM
Dec 2013
Dr_Smurph said:

Nice! You sound alpha af.

Actually might do mine if most people here do it?
May 18, 2014 8:08 AM
Jul 2018
I like my voice just not my recorded voice
May 18, 2014 8:12 AM
Mar 2014
Rather deep. I don't sound anything extraordinary or anything, but I'm fine with it.
May 18, 2014 8:26 AM

Mar 2014
No. My voice flactuates, it can sometimes be either very hoarse or high pitched xD
May 18, 2014 8:36 AM

Jun 2013
I always find my voice to be really weird when I hear it from a speaker.
If you generalize, you're wrong.
May 18, 2014 8:51 AM

Feb 2013
>Do you like your voice?
No.
>How does your voice sound?
Like rusted can.
>What do people say about your voice?
"STFU".
>Would you let other MAL members listen to your voice?
No.
Titan of 20+ virgins club.
May 18, 2014 8:55 AM

Jul 2013
I can't stand it.
May 18, 2014 9:05 AM

Jul 2011
I don't mind it, at times I like it, but for some reason it sounds like shit recorded. I ended up looking it up online what was the discrepancy and found,

article said:
You see, when you speak, you hear your voice as other people do, but you also hear a contribution which comes from vibrations passing through your skull. In this video, Greg Foot explains how that changes what you hear—and why, sadly, the recording of your voice is actually how you sound to everyone but you.

So vibrations passing through my skull sound pretty good, but other people can't listen haha.
May 18, 2014 9:07 AM

Mar 2014
I have quite the special sounding voice, due to me ruining it in kindergarten, causing vocal cord nodules (at age 4, yes, great). I don't have them anymore, but my throat is still damaged and I still have a hoarse kind of jazz-voice.

It can be quite shocking for some when they first meet me, but people usually come to like it (surprisingly enough, haha). Especially girls like to complement it. A lot of people comment on it tbh - even strangers in public places.

I do have a bit of a complex about it, and I usually want people to have seen my face and to know me a bit before hearing my voice online.
May 18, 2014 9:10 AM
Oct 2013
in said:
I don't mind it, at times I like it, but for some reason it sounds like shit recorded. I ended up looking it up online what was the discrepancy and found,

article said:
You see, when you speak, you hear your voice as other people do, but you also hear a contribution which comes from vibrations passing through your skull. In this video, Greg Foot explains how that changes what you hear—and why, sadly, the recording of your voice is actually how you sound to everyone but you.

So vibrations passing through my skull sound pretty good, but other people can't listen haha.
Yeah, and the recorded sound is said to be your real voice (or at least that's what people hear). I can't accept that, feels like my whole life is a lie.
May 18, 2014 9:13 AM
Jul 2018
zoknimano said:
...you don't have those recordings anymore, do you?

a voice thread and only one guy delivered samples, smh
May 18, 2014 9:14 AM

Dec 2011
My voice don't let me sing (which is sad, because I love music), but I still liking it. It's a manly deep voice, everyone likes it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2014 9:15 AM
Mar 2013
I have the best voice on MAL
May 18, 2014 9:20 AM

Aug 2013
My voice is terrible but I love singing loudly. My neighbors don't like me very much.
May 18, 2014 9:25 AM
Oct 2013
JD2411 said:
I have the best voice on MAL
It's just your opinion.
AnalOnFirstDate said:
zoknimano said:

a voice thread and only one guy delivered samples, smh
Did you delete your reply? Well as a responsible OP, I did give mine on the previous page...
May 18, 2014 9:28 AM

Nov 2012
AnalOnFirstDate said:
zoknimano said:
of course I do

I have a nice folder of potentionally embarrassing shit
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

27 by Astachanna »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - 8 hours ago

15 by RyuRabbit »»
31 minutes ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

73 by 707supremacist »»
1 hour ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - Apr 25

19 by Deyuko »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

65 by Animeistaken »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.