Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2009 1:15 AM

Dec 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This show ends very complicated,

What I liked in this show were the characters and the fitting BGM.

Edit:I rewatched the last 3 episodes yesterday.

Pay attention to the of names the episodes
you'll have a better experience when you watch the end like this:

EP 12: Mission 1
EP 01: Mission 2
EP 13: Mission 3

The Mizaki clone vanished after the pair annihilation with the goul
Mizaki herself creates a new timeline to find a happier future.

The Misaki Chronicles show follows directly after the events of "Mission 3"
FabienneOct 20, 2009 12:58 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2009 4:56 PM

Jun 2009
All I know is that this show was confusing, and I don't mean that in a Evangelion-type good way either. It was unnecessarily confusing, with very bad writing and dialogue. And how can you tell me that these very two-dimensional card board cut out drones could pass for characters.

That being said, Divergence Eve had it's moments and I actually probably am going to watch Misaki Chronicles in the hopes that it is at least a little better written than this series, but I won't hold my breath.

4/10. It had potential, but instead Divergence Eve was lost in a sea of over large boobs and a confusing plot that tried to act much better than it actually was.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 22, 2009 1:05 AM

Dec 2008
insan3soldiern said:
All I know is that this show was confusing, and I don't mean that in a Evangelion-type good way either. It was unnecessarily confusing, with very bad writing and dialogue. And how can you tell me that these very two-dimensional card board cut out drones could pass for characters.

That being said, Divergence Eve had it's moments and I actually probably am going to watch Misaki Chronicles in the hopes that it is at least a little better written than this series, but I won't hold my breath.

4/10. It had potential, but instead Divergence Eve was lost in a sea of over large boobs and a confusing plot that tried to act much better than it actually was.

I watched this show because someone in his review gave it a ten ;D

youre right when you say that this show had many flaws, and an unnecessarily confusing plot.

As standalone this show didn't works so well.
Divergence Eve can be considered as build up for the second season "Misaki Chronicles"
In my opinion the second season is better than the first one
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2009 1:34 AM

Jun 2009
Fabienne said:
insan3soldiern said:

I watched this show because someone in his review gave it a ten ;D

youre right when you say that this show had many flaws, and an unnecessarily confusing plot.

As standalone this show didn't works so well.
Divergence Eve can be considered as build up for the second season "Misaki Chronicles"
In my opinion the second season is better than the first one

Okay, i'll check it out. And understand, that I think there is alot of potential for greatness in this show. It has all the necessary tools, but I don't think it made the proper use of them.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 9, 2010 3:27 PM

Feb 2009
That was one really confusing ending lol the anime it self was not so bad i think. But missing many things.
Feb 4, 2011 7:21 PM

Apr 2009
looking forward to season 2...
Apr 8, 2012 6:46 PM
Oct 2011
insan3soldiern said:

agreed, very much so. If they had simply dealt with the plot, it would have been much better. i do love what they were trying to do with the story, trying to comment on the true nature of humanity, what a person would choose in having the happy but painful times versus the choice of never existing at all and never having the pain.

Deja Vu. Evangelion?

Fabienne said:
I watched this show because someone in his review gave it a ten

sorry 'bout that
Mar 4, 2013 1:39 AM

Mar 2013
Yeah I pretty much think the same as everyone else. The ending (and the series itself) was quite confusing and difficult to follow. I got my hands on Misaki Chronicles and will give it a go to try and get it.
Sep 5, 2015 9:24 AM
Jun 2013
ok so she made a whole new world for herself. Well lets see how this backfires since that tends to happen.Overall this season was kinda slow and kinda confusing hell I dont understand what was happening when douch bag scientist got his head all exploded. Also the clone felt totally pointless and just made things more confusing. I have to second season so on to that.
Dec 30, 2015 12:43 PM

Nov 2015
Just powered through episodes 2-13 today... and I gotta ask... is watching EP 12 then 01 then 13 WORTH it? Will I feel *ANY* less confused if I watch Mission 1-3 in order?

Vor uns liegt MAL, in uns marschiert MAL, und hinter uns, kommt MAL!
Oct 13, 2019 11:28 AM

Aug 2012
Oh good an ending that didn't make much sense at all, only that Misaki gets a second go at things for some reason. Apparently being part ghoul does have it's quirks.

This series wasn't what I expected given the character designs. Which was sort of a good thing but also in the end not really. Like the show usurped my expectations and surprised me only to eventually meet my prior expectations of mediocrity, it just got there by a different path.

I certainly did not expect this to be a Sci-fi Horror story and while this surprising theme kept me interested it doesn't mean the show was actually any good in the end. Ambitious for sure but the story was really badly written and the paper thin characters really soiled any potential drama in the show. It was hard to truly care about anyone throughout and the explanations to the events in the series weren't clear enough.

5/10 for me, perhaps a little generous.

I guess I'll watch the sequel though I'm not expecting much from it and this time the genre turns aren't going to surprise either.
Jul 28, 2020 8:22 PM

Mar 2016
Cool sci-fi concepts. Big titties. Overall an interesting watch, though there were some pacing issues especially near the end.

Not sure why the Lt. Comm. dude was allowed to roam so freely without any opposition, even though they made sure to show that Ertiana was somewhat aware of his scheming. Was expecting some more overt conflict between them concerning Misaki.

Pretty good final episode though. If I'm not taking things too literally, Misaki becomes a kind of existence that can house a parallel universe/timeline within herself/as a thought(?) If so, that's quite an ironic ending, with the Lieutenant Commander's brain basically exploding in his attempt to simply conceptualize the beginning of everything.

Am looking forward to the sequel series. At least the preview makes it look pretty fun. Reminded me of Geneshaft a little bit, especially with the instrumental opening (I wouldn't mind that being a thing again)
syncrogazerJul 28, 2020 8:25 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Divergence Eve Episode 12 Discussion

Saku33 - Feb 13, 2023

0 by Saku33 »»
Feb 13, 2023 6:33 AM

Poll: » Divergence Eve Episode 10 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Oct 21, 2009

3 by Saku33 »»
Feb 13, 2023 5:35 AM

Poll: » Divergence Eve Episode 3 Discussion

Fabienne - Sep 17, 2009

7 by Saku33 »»
Feb 11, 2023 1:15 AM

Poll: » Divergence Eve Episode 1 Discussion

Fabienne - Sep 16, 2009

19 by Saku33 »»
Feb 9, 2023 10:35 PM

Poll: » Divergence Eve Episode 2 Discussion

Fabienne - Sep 17, 2009

5 by Guts-Valley »»
Jul 8, 2022 9:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.