Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2014 9:37 AM

May 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty decent ending, while I did prefer the hentai remake this one did had a pretty lovely story development and quite lovely action!
Nov 15, 2018 3:44 PM

Nov 2016
Not that bad, but I was actually hoping for a hilarious train wreck.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 2, 2019 1:06 AM

Aug 2015
This anime is like the missing link on the evolutionary ladder between Wanna Be's, Queen's Blade and Kill la Kill. We have a corporation involved in shady genetic engineering like Wanna Be's, we have the harsh (eg. the girl torturing Chiho in ep 2), lewd fighting tournament like Queen's Blade, and we have (Kill la Kill spoiler)

The fights are pretty nicely animated when they don't rely on chi projectiles, and the ladies even have some nice arm muscle definition.

The story is pretty much garbage, if entertaining enough. Like, who are these mysterious tribal people, what's the egg thing, who was Chiho's employer, anyway?, why are they all 'waitresses'?, etc. All three episodes are prime riff-trax material.

I was a bit put off by the chloroform(?) scene in episode 1; which was too harsh. Jun and Erina the bunny girl otoh were absolute treasures.
glassknucklesMar 2, 2019 1:12 AM
Aug 13, 2019 12:09 PM

Mar 2013
I'd say this one works out a bit better than VG Neo; sure, there's plot holes like what's that egg thing and what, exactly, Chihiro's employer wants, but the main storyline is actually coherent, whereas VG Neo pulled something massive out of its ass that couldn't be handled right in three episodes, let alone one.

We never did see the loli fight properly, though. I was really, really hoping we would, especially once they introduced her nekopunch, but some things are just not meant to be, I guess. The fight with mama was also disappointingly short, but I'll give time constraints a pass on that one.
Dec 17, 2023 9:19 PM
May 2017
They should have made the story just about the tournament. What is this dead villainous trying to comeback bullsh!t with all the fighting philosophy?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Variable Geo Episode 2 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - May 6, 2014

1 by almightybismarck »»
Dec 17, 2023 8:37 AM

Poll: » Variable Geo Episode 1 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - May 6, 2014

2 by almightybismarck »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.