Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2014 10:53 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Threat or not, those terrorists are damn dangerous. They need to deal with this soon..
May 1, 2014 11:27 PM

Aug 2008
seems training time us over
is time to get there and so something
The spider is watching
May 1, 2014 11:44 PM

Oct 2013
Hm, what's Shi-Woon's answer?

Can't wait to see more of it.
May 1, 2014 11:49 PM
Feb 2014
I wish The Breaker: New Waves was like The God of Highschool / Tower of God. They'd sometimes have 30+ page chapters and some of their pages are long.

1 week of waiting is too much. I wanna know how Shioon ends up schooling all these elders by asking them to "educate" him.
May 2, 2014 12:47 AM

Apr 2010
Shi-woon has exited the hyperbolic time chamber.
May 2, 2014 1:54 AM

Sep 2013
Can't wait to see the ''new'' Shi-woon! last couple of chapters were kind of boring, maybe it's just because I'm used to reading 100+ chapters a day so the change of pace is weird waiting 1 chapter per week.
May 2, 2014 3:50 AM

Nov 2013
Well the elders surely are a bunch of cowards, but at least 4 eyes didn't get his way.
May 2, 2014 4:24 AM

Apr 2013
I also got a bit surprised when Shioon said

"I'm asking for you to have a sense of responsibility at least!"

But anyways, I really wanna see what happens next :D

I also want to see how strong he got in such a short amount of time... i wonder if he does a short fight xD

May 2, 2014 4:27 AM
Oct 2013
antonn said:
Shi-woon has exited the hyperbolic time chamber.

You know shit just got real if his hair turned bright yellow.

Joking aside, if he only got a little more training then he would be probably a master now but sadly Jinnie cut it midway.
May 3, 2014 2:46 AM

Aug 2012
Aww.. Shi-woon's power-up was interrupted, but still, his presence is needed so I don't mind.

A new discovery: Glasses Guy's name is Lae Won... but I still want to call him glasses guy :P

Show 'em who is boss Shi-woon. Those goddamn elders who know nothing but their pride as the elderly are just infuriating as always. Learn from the kids... sometimes!
May 3, 2014 7:08 AM

Jul 2011
Of course they have had to interrupt his training... if he becomes too strong, this series ends.
May 3, 2014 9:43 AM

Dec 2013
glad that they interupted his training,
was really weird to have the thought of this series ending soon,
Love how much charakter development yet came again for him, he is talking like this to the elders of the murim!!

loves these last few chapters, my body is ready for some brainafk action/fight chapters now !!
fatmouth7 said:
Balls-to-the-Wall action that makes your testosterone levels skyrocket.

May 3, 2014 10:11 AM

Jul 2008
ainky said:
Of course they have had to interrupt his training... if he becomes too strong, this series ends.

Am I the only one who think he actually completed his training? I'm expecting a flashback scene where Jin go to wake Shi-woon only to see him wake up on his own before she does anything.

Also no matter how strong he became in this small lapse of time (even with the way he is training), he probably won't be able to defeat a fully healed Sosul even if he manages to trash Chun-woo at his current level.
May 3, 2014 1:13 PM

Jun 2013
Wow...Famous Murim-In....A Buch of Pussy-cats....But Damn Shioon is so God Damn cool!!!!

But he really called them Cowards in the face!!! XD
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
May 3, 2014 3:13 PM

Jul 2008
Jarjaxle said:
Wow...Famous Murim-In....A Buch of Pussy-cats....But Damn Shioon is so God Damn cool!!!!

I don't think it's fair to call them a bunch of pussy cats in that situation.

They are against people that can kill them and/or destroy everything they(and their ancestor) built during their life without much trouble.
For people who doesn't value the murim alliance more than their own life it is only natural for them to back off at this threat.

If they are coward then 99.9% of humanity are coward and only heroes aren't. That's a pretty harsh standard to judge people though.
May 3, 2014 6:03 PM

Apr 2008
Shangetsu said:
Jarjaxle said:

They are against people that can kill them and/or destroy everything they(and their ancestor) built during their life without much trouble.
For people who doesn't value the murim alliance more than their own life it is only natural for them to back off at this threat.

If they are coward then 99.9% of humanity are coward and only heroes aren't. That's a pretty harsh standard to judge people though.

Cowards or not they are naive if they think that running away will save them from this danger. These guys don't want to get a surrender out of the Murim. They want it DESTROYED as a structure. Running away only turns their back to the problem so they can get stabbed in the vital points
May 3, 2014 6:29 PM

Jul 2008
Darklight0303 said:
Shangetsu said:
Jarjaxle said:

Cowards or not they are naive if they think that running away will save them from this danger. These guys don't want to get a surrender out of the Murim. They want it DESTROYED as a structure. Running away only turns their back to the problem so they can get stabbed in the vital points

Running away is a good strategy at time.

You need to differentiate our point of view with the characters's point of view.

The new lead of the murim alliance is a boy that is supposed to be in high school and couldn't even throw a punch a year ago. Now we both know Shi-won and what he is able to do but it is not the case for most of the murim.
They cannot see a future with Shi-won, to them he is only a brat elected in desperate time because of the caprice of the higher ups. He is not someone that has enough experience to lead and his values don't align with how the murim usually work.

To be blunt if they were to choose between making an enemy out of the currently very powerful Goomoonryong who can break their neck at any time and to let him go for now then the second choice is obviously the wisest.

It doesn't mean that they will always obey any threat sent at them or that they're 'running away, they simply don't see any merit in obeying the current alliance, especially if it come at the cost of putting their life on the line.

They made the good choice, only a fool would have stayed in the situation.
Now I'm expecting Shi-won to deliver a speech that will make them acknowledge him. If they don't have a reason to risk their life now then Shi-won only has to give them one.
It's easier said than done but he is a shounen MC archetype afterall
May 3, 2014 11:00 PM
Oct 2013
Running away is a good strategy at time.

Sure running away is a good strategy at some point but is that really what they're doing? Heck can you even call that a "strategy"? If I would assess what they're actually doing then that would be running their tails between their legs.

You need to differentiate our point of view with the characters's point of view.

The new lead of the murim alliance is a boy that is supposed to be in high school and couldn't even throw a punch a year ago. Now we both know Shi-won and what he is able to do but it is not the case for most of the murim.
They cannot see a future with Shi-won, to them he is only a brat elected in desperate time because of the caprice of the higher ups. He is not someone that has enough experience to lead and his values don't align with how the murim usually work.

This is something I had to agree.

To be blunt if they were to choose between making an enemy out of the currently very powerful Goomoonryong who can break their neck at any time and to let him go for now then the second choice is obviously the wisest.

Is it really the wisest move? Putting my shoes on the characters' point of view, even Kang Sera have said the otherwise. If one could remember, Kang Sera mentioned that the murim elders are making a wrong move (simplified).

It doesn't mean that they will always obey any threat sent at them or that they're 'running away, they simply don't see any merit in obeying the current alliance, especially if it come at the cost of putting their life on the line.

Nah. Darklight0303 is right. You think they would be spared even if they "run away" now? Are they even thinking for long term consequence? Guess the author limited their thinking capacity to represent a mass mentality.

They made the good choice, only a fool would have stayed in the situation.

Nah. I guess Kang Sera and all the rests of MC are fools then. Is what Shiion as said, whoever the fuck is the leader of the alliance now doesn't matter, IF internal discord and chaos happen at this moment, then all of them would be obliterated whether they run or hide or fight. Guess the murim elders, for all their character is worth, are really the fools here for not even realizing this. Good choice? Really?

Now I'm expecting Shi-won to deliver a speech that will make them acknowledge him. If they don't have a reason to risk their life now then Shi-won only has to give them one.
It's easier said than done but he is a shounen MC archetype afterall

In the end, they are just mindless, non-individualistic devices made just for the sake of the plot. The elders are just there to represent the mentality of the current murim people - pompous and uncooperative that only want to save their own hides, which ultimately leads to their own demise. They don't realize that they ARE at war. You don't go to war divided, mind you.

Also, there's a difference between putting your shoes on another person's shoes and deciding what the right thing to do afterwards. Understanding their own viewpoint doesn't make their choices always good. That's a separate matter.
ExplodingGirlMay 3, 2014 11:09 PM
May 4, 2014 4:21 PM

Jul 2008
mbdsquad said:

Sure running away is a good strategy at some point but is that really what they're doing? Heck can you even call that a "strategy"? If I would assess what they're actually doing then that would be running their tails between their legs.

Running away is running away. There's no good or bad way to go at it, the only difference is how much you actually sugar coat your action.

mbdsquad said:

Is it really the wisest move? Putting my shoes on the characters' point of view, even Kang Sera have said the otherwise. If one could remember, Kang Sera mentioned that the murim elders are making a wrong move (simplified).

Sera's point of view on the matter it totally different than the elders. She know Shi-won, what he is able to do and she respects him.
Now what I'm debating is not whether they did some objective 'right' move or not but rather if they made a right move with the pieces of information they know.

mbdsquad said:

Nah. Darklight0303 is right. You think they would be spared even if they "run away" now? Are they even thinking for long term consequence? Guess the author limited their thinking capacity to represent a mass mentality.

No that's beyond the point. They aren't trying to get in Goomoonryong's good grace or hope that he will ignore them if they don't act.
They simply doesn't see any value in acting now.
Just like you said they are at war and you don't fight a war by rushing your action. They need time to collect themselves and devise a plan and if it comes at the cost of an alliance they cannot trust anymore then so be it.

It's not about having the guts to act against Goomoonryong or not, it's about when to actually do it. Now? When everyone is confused and the clans are divided? When you don't even have a right grasp of the situation and when you are actually dancing in the enemy's palm?
It's a much more wise move from their point of view to simply let Goomoonryong destroy the murim alliance while they make plan to go against him.

mbdsquad said:

Nah. I guess Kang Sera and all the rests of MC are fools then. Is what Shiion as said, whoever the fuck is the leader of the alliance now doesn't matter, IF internal discord and chaos happen at this moment, then all of them would be obliterated whether they run or hide or fight. Guess the murim elders, for all their character is worth, are really the fools here for not even realizing this. Good choice? Really?

Sera is not a fool, neither is Shi-won but their action make sense and are wise only because we know what Shi-won is able to do. How is teaming up with an handicap a good choice? That's how they are seeing Shi-won, an handicap. He's not an ally, a force they can ally with, he is nothing to them.
It doesn't mean that the murim world will not team up against Goomoonryong but if they have to it'll be better to do it with nobody that will drag us down.

You are seeing things too much from the reader's perspective and how the author want us to see the character he created.
May 4, 2014 4:52 PM

Oct 2013
Shangetsu said:

Also no matter how strong he became in this small lapse of time (even with the way he is training), he probably won't be able to defeat a fully healed Sosul even if he manages to trash Chun-woo at his current level.

Yeah, that's why we will get a third season. ^^
May 16, 2014 5:26 AM
Oct 2013
Shangetsu said:
mbdsquad said:

Running away is running away. There's no good or bad way to go at it, the only difference is how much you actually sugar coat your action.

So you didn't deny the fact that they're running because they're a bunch of scaredy cats. Likewise, your answer is somewhat irrelevant. It's true that running away is running away per se, but that's not EXACTLY related to the point of what you've quoted.

Shangetsu said:
mbdsquad said:

Sera's point of view on the matter it totally different than the elders. She know Shi-won, what he is able to do and she respects him.
Now what I'm debating is not whether they did some objective 'right' move or not but rather if they made a right move with the pieces of information they know.

That's exactly the reason what I've said they're "limited" plot devices simply to portray the tad mentality of the murim. Ever heard of the word "wise man"? A wise person or as situated in the manhwa, a murim leader, a wise murim leader perhaps, would do the exact opposite the murim folks are doing right now even though he only have "pieces of information". Do they have a wise leader? None. But why none? Because the author made it so and because there would be always people like them.

Shangetsu said:
mbdsquad said:

No that's beyond the point. They aren't trying to get in Goomoonryong's good grace or hope that he will ignore them if they don't act.
They simply doesn't see any value in acting now.
Just like you said they are at war and you don't fight a war by rushing your action. They need time to collect themselves and devise a plan and if it comes at the cost of an alliance they cannot trust anymore then so be it.

It's not about having the guts to act against Goomoonryong or not, it's about when to actually do it. Now? When everyone is confused and the clans are divided? When you don't even have a right grasp of the situation and when you are actually dancing in the enemy's palm?
It's a much more wise move from their point of view to simply let Goomoonryong destroy the murim alliance while they make plan to go against him.

That's not beyond Darklight0303's point which is the aftereffects of their choice; that is, to act indifferent to the immediate disaster and their inevitable demise due to the former. Your point indirectly relevant to his. Your whole argument is partial and somewhat biased or based from the murim's perspective -- Why are they doing that? How do they react with the pieces of information they have? Obviously, your arguments answers all this questions.

Shangetsu said:
mbdsquad said:

Sera is not a fool, neither is Shi-won but their action make sense and are wise only because we know what Shi-won is able to do. How is teaming up with an handicap a good choice? That's how they are seeing Shi-won, an handicap. He's not an ally, a force they can ally with, he is nothing to them.
It doesn't mean that the murim world will not team up against Goomoonryong but if they have to it'll be better to do it with nobody that will drag us down.

You've simply stated the obvious or more like, recited the manhwa. No need to state the obvious as if one isn't reading this. You've totally missed the whole point of that paragraph.

Shangetsu said:
You are seeing things too much from the reader's perspective and how the author want us to see the character he created.

I believe you don't exactly know what you're saying here, pal. One irony and one contradiction in this compound sentence.

For the irony, look at how hard you're trying to depend and defend your whole argument at the murim's perspective, which is, in case you didn't realize, also the way the author wanted us to see. If you can't understand what I'm implying here, then it's very stupid of me to continue arguing with you.

For the contradiction, please know what's the difference between "reader's perspective", "character's perspective", "author's perspective", "your perspective", and "how the author wants us to see his characters' perspective."

For the finale, this is exactly what you're doing the whole time: reiteration of the obvious. You're not even arguing and are merely restating their "character". Not only you're not arguing "his" point, you're simply handing out "your own point". I'd hardly call this whole conversation an argument in the first place.

No that's beyond your point.

Fix'd for 'ya.
ExplodingGirlMay 16, 2014 5:39 AM
Jun 27, 2014 9:34 PM

Mar 2014
This Terrorist attacks again .. They're completely insane !!
Nice one Shi woon!!
Pretty good Chapter!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Breaker: New Waves Chapter 140 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2013

12 by SoulArcher »»
Nov 9, 2023 3:43 PM

Poll: » The Breaker: New Waves Chapter 201 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2015

59 by yveltalkyogre »»
Nov 23, 2022 2:33 PM

» The Breaker Season 3

KazukiMakoto - Jul 16, 2016

4 by Grazih »»
Aug 8, 2022 7:10 PM

» Breaker season 3 page

floater9 - Jun 3, 2022

3 by Chronowarp »»
Jun 18, 2022 6:20 AM

» Season 3 coming this spring

Tybor - Mar 20, 2022

24 by Busujima_Saeko »»
May 19, 2022 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.