Forum Settings
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 13, 2014 11:59 PM

Jun 2013
Firefury said:
Can anyone make a summary for volume 9?

You are doing yourself a disservice of not reading it. It's one of the best LN's going right now and the translations are top-notch.
Nov 27, 2014 4:47 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
"I want something genuine". I never expected Hachiman to open up like that. This volume was one massive rollercoaster ride but strangely enough its climax was right in the middle with that tearjerker chapter 6. Nevertheless, top to bottom it's perhaps the most fulfilling volume, specially coming after the rough ride of volume 88

Yukino and Hachiman’s growth was unexpected. They both are slowly starting to be more open with their emotions with each other. Thank you Hiratsuka-sensei. Although I feel for poor Yui. She's clearly in love in with Hachiman, but it's implied strongly that he only sees 'Yukino' in that way. Not that I'd think he'd be in a relationship with anyone like he is. He'd probably think a girl is joking with him if she asks him out.

Hayama is slowly showing signs of being trouble for Hachiman further down the line.
FarabeufNov 27, 2014 10:22 AM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 12, 2014 4:49 PM

Apr 2012
Neizaru said:
hvgill said:
I still don't get why she got so angry at him with the whole field trip thing

The way I see it Hachiman's methods don't actually solve problems but rather postpone them. Yukino always stands for improvement while he always defuses situations by preventing change, and that's why she's angry. Hayama group is acting like nothing happened but tension is still rising because of the "confession", no one got hurt during the elections but Isshki is unfit for president and problems keep piling up, and so on. Denying the possibility of moving on (with all the consequences involved as would be natural) he allowed to maintain all the social ties intact, but it's an artificial state that leads nowhere and only creates additional problems requiring more and more fixing. Hiratsuka's words are the key here: "This period of time now isn’t everything… But there are things that you can only do now, things that only exist here." Some sort of compromise between clinging to what you treasure and accepting inevetible change is necessary.
True. This reminds me of the summer camp with elementary student that happened way back. Hachiman was able to "solve" the problem by breaking the existing relationship entirely.

30 5/5 with no other votes haha
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Dec 16, 2014 9:17 PM

Oct 2013
Damn Hachiman tearing up. Really didn't expect that to happen. I can't wait for that scene to be animated. One of my favorite scenes in this volume along with the roller coaster scene with Yukinon. Oh and also the scene with Hiratsuka-sensei. Too sad Hachiman wasn't born 10 years earlier.
Jan 14, 2015 2:11 AM

Dec 2014
Oh yes yes, the subtle promise of a date. 8man x yui!!! 😄 yui FTW!!!
Jan 14, 2015 5:19 AM

Dec 2014
Beast666 said:
Finally it ends. I wonder what is that 'riddle'...

For the love of God i hope that in the next volume we will see an actual and significant development of the romance, since author has said that the story is reaching its final stage.
Beast666 said:
Drama CD of vol 6.5 :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j0TiXf_cU0#t=24

For some reason i felt the song is describing about vol 9

The riddle? That must be what 8man had told yui and yukino, that he wanted something genuine, he forgot it like a suppressed memory, because 8man was ashamed or rather embarass....
Apr 13, 2015 4:15 PM
Nov 2014
What exactly caused the club members to become more distant? I remember reading how 8man said the club room felt hollow and empty after the field trip, and he and yui and yukinon didn't talk as much anymore.
Apr 14, 2015 10:21 AM
Mar 2012
Lookincute said:
What exactly caused the club members to become more distant? I remember reading how 8man said the club room felt hollow and empty after the field trip, and he and yui and yukinon didn't talk as much anymore.
Hachiman and Yukino had differing views on how to solve cases, which caused a rift in their relationship as fellow Service Club members.
May 1, 2015 1:21 AM

Oct 2012
Can someone do a Summaries of Chapter 6? I cant grasp what happening, how the hell it ended like that. I think I missed something while reading the previous Volumes/Chapters or just My Imagination? I Think around when the Club Refused Isshki Request ARRRRGH I really Dont get it
May 9, 2015 5:55 AM

Jan 2013
Great volume, so many things happening.
It was nice to finally see Rumi again, and Kawasaki's sister (there was a lack of Kawasaki on this volume, but it was balanced with Iroha and Orimoto, they sure are interesting characters).
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Does anyone think the anime is way better, or am I just crazy?

Eggs_Dee - Feb 20, 2023

10 by Playcool »»
Sep 10, 2023 11:39 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Volume 14 Discussion

Playcool - Feb 25, 2023

3 by TitanInsane »»
Jun 27, 2023 2:24 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Chapter 168 Discussion

Revanzz - Jun 26, 2023

1 by Thewatcher_22 »»
Jun 26, 2023 5:25 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Chapter 1 Discussion

ZeroZx - Nov 10, 2012

5 by Revanzz »»
Jun 26, 2023 2:13 AM

» Worth reading? Even after seeing anime?

cloolessJok3r - Apr 3, 2022

4 by Hitagi__Furude »»
Apr 30, 2023 8:19 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.