Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Flowers of Evil
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 17, 2014 11:57 AM

Mar 2014
Maybe we could at least get an OVA of Nakamura's backstory that explains what made her the way she is. Do you think that's likely? :T
iiKrinaApr 4, 2018 10:58 AM
Apr 17, 2014 11:58 AM

Jan 2013
iiKrina said:
Aku no Hana isn't getting a second season or an OVA.

Fixed
Jun 22, 2014 8:56 AM
Apr 2014
The last chapter of the manga explains her backstory
Jun 22, 2014 11:04 PM

May 2013
The Manga is around end time. The Anime said end of part one and hinted at part two. I think it'll happen.

Regardless I've started purchasing the Manga just in case. It's really not the same, though. The Anime was much better.
Looking for a character or a certain Anime/Manga?
Looking for recommendations?
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
Dec 14, 2014 9:17 PM

Dec 2008
SolvitePriest said:
iiKrina said:
Aku no Hana isn't getting a second season or an OVA.

Fixed

And you're basing that statement on what?

It must happen, the second has to happen, as my life will have a large void after watching all that future episode material flash before my eyes in the last minutes of episode 13.
Dec 14, 2014 9:19 PM

Dec 2012
OP said:
Aku is probably not getting a second season so...

Good.
Dec 23, 2014 9:17 AM

Mar 2014
As a pessimist I'd say it won't get a second season, but you never know, right? Let's just all hope it's selling!

Mushishi got a second season EIGHT years after the first one!
Feb 2, 2015 11:01 AM

Jun 2014
Just read the manga.
Feb 10, 2015 1:36 PM

May 2009
:(

I want S2.

I've been waiting in vain hopes all this time? :(
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Feb 12, 2015 11:52 AM

Dec 2014
Diran-kun said:
The Manga is around end time. The Anime said end of part one and hinted at part two. I think it'll happen.

Regardless I've started purchasing the Manga just in case. It's really not the same, though. The Anime was much better.

How?
Feb 14, 2015 7:37 PM
Feb 2014
testamentKAISER said:
Diran-kun said:

How?

I prefer the slower pace and more realistic expressions of the anime. And the music is great too! But the manga is incredibly beautiful also. I love them both.
Mar 16, 2015 3:05 PM
Jul 2014
We MUST get a second season! Best Anime ever! I hope the stuff isn't influenced by general opinion which is, like Nakamura would say, SHIT, LOL... This is masterpiece!
Mar 21, 2015 6:27 AM
Sep 2014
I have question before jumping in this show. Is it finished? Did they finish it with some sort of cliffhanger or just open ending like " they can but they dont need" to make second season? Story looks interesting so shall i watch it or jump straight to manga?
Apr 18, 2015 12:35 AM

Jul 2014
NaCro said:
I have question before jumping in this show. Is it finished? Did they finish it with some sort of cliffhanger or just open ending like " they can but they dont need" to make second season? Story looks interesting so shall i watch it or jump straight to manga?

Unfortunately the end is pretty much non existing. They use about 2/3 of the episode for flashbacks and show you a few New scenes in a slideshow manner, but don't explain anything about them and then just suddenly end mid way. You can't really tell anything from it.

I liked the show, but was very disappointed Form the ending.
Apr 19, 2015 3:48 PM
Sep 2014
Thank you. Im gonna read manga first i guess.
Apr 28, 2015 10:57 AM

May 2013
I'd like a second season too. I've been looking forward to the scene where
while watching all 12 episodes and was really disappointed when it was only hinted at during that slideshow.
May 2, 2015 1:19 AM

Mar 2012
A real shame, got around to finishing the manga and it was pretty great. Why didn't they just do a normal adaptation dammit ;_;
May 12, 2015 9:55 AM
Apr 2011
This is what you get when you have a selfish director that wants to do it his way rather than make a proper adaptation. Anime has always been a risky business and profit is always based on fan support. What the director did was spit on the loyal manga fans by butchering the adaptation. Aku no Hana could have been a break out hit for Shuuzou Oshimi but instead he got fucked up by the director.

Being a hipster is ok as long as you are not fucking up other people's opportunity to earn money. The director should've declined when he was asked to direct this anime.
May 20, 2015 11:27 PM

May 2015
ravagestorm said:
This is what you get when you have a selfish director that wants to do it his way rather than make a proper adaptation. Anime has always been a risky business and profit is always based on fan support. What the director did was spit on the loyal manga fans by butchering the adaptation. Aku no Hana could have been a break out hit for Shuuzou Oshimi but instead he got fucked up by the director.

Being a hipster is ok as long as you are not fucking up other people's opportunity to earn money. The director should've declined when he was asked to direct this anime.

The anime's art style was approved by the mangaka himself. So if you or the other guys happened to hate or think that this series was "butchered" because moe and other fan-pandering elements were nonexistent and that the art style is outlandish and nonstandard itself and that Nagahama bitchslapped Oshimi for rotoscoping the whole series instead of drawing it neatly, then you should send a hate mail to Shuuzou Oshimi rather than stabbing Zexcs and Nagahama for approving such a creative idea.

If you want proof, then here it is:

http://animediet.net/reviews/anime-reviews/epater-lotakusie-meditations-on-aku-no-hanas-aggressive-ugliness
http://pro.cessr.co.uk/2013/04/11/adaptation-aggravation-flowers-of-evil-and-the-quantum-narrative/

And a translation of the interview between the director and the mangaka would quite convince you as well, I think?

http://meowren.tumblr.com/post/47398332538/aku-no-hana-adaptation-interview
http://natalie.mu/comic/pp/akunohana

The director should've declined when he was asked to direct this anime.

- At first Nagahama (the director) refused the offer to direct the adaptation, because he thought that simply turning this manga into a pretty, clean-looking anime would be pointless. He says that he believes that when the mangaka draws this story he’s seeing something "else” which he expresses as a manga. So there would be no point in simply presenting it in animated form, at that rate you might as well just read the manga and be done with it.

- He thought if it was to be adapted at all, it should be done as a live drama. When he was offered the job the second time, he pitched the idea of using rotoscope. He was aware that the result would be different from the manga.

- Oshimi (the mangaka) says Nagahama is right about the way he creates the manga: the original story is something that exists in his head, and he draws what he sees in his mind. So basically the anime and the manga are two different versions of the story that exists in Oshimi’s head. By the way, he was also aware that due to the rotoscope the anime would look different from his work, and he thought it was an interesting idea.

- Oshimi also says that he thinks Nagahama has a very deep insight into the story, and firmly believes that he’s taking it in the right direction. He also very much approves of Nagahama’s wish of the anime leaving the viewers with a scar.

- Oshimi was pretty much “in” on the whole thing, they tested the rotoscope method on him.

Here. Peace out.
ZnraMay 20, 2015 11:30 PM

Those with dirty minds will find my Steam pic offensive
May 26, 2015 6:23 PM

Mar 2014
^lmao, drag him.

Shame this won't get another series. But I guess given the reaction among anime fans generally it's not surprising. Admittedly it's an odd series and it was probably tough to find an audience for a show like this. Of course, as we all know anime is now about how much merchandise you can sell, so I guess this was doomed from the start. Still, I think this show will be looked back on as a classic in retrospect. Like a lot of great art, it's not always understood at the time.
mlvxciMay 26, 2015 6:27 PM
May 28, 2015 4:02 AM

May 2015
XOTIK said:
^lmao, drag him.

topkek

XOTIK said:
Shame this won't get another series. But I guess given the reaction among anime fans generally it's not surprising. Admittedly it's an odd series and it was probably tough to find an audience for a show like this. Of course, as we all know anime is now about how much merchandise you can sell, so I guess this was doomed from the start. Still, I think this show will be looked back on as a classic in retrospect. Like a lot of great art, it's not always understood at the time.

I pretty much agree with everything you said here. But I think this one would get its own share of viewers after a couple of years.
ZnraMay 28, 2015 4:08 AM

Those with dirty minds will find my Steam pic offensive
Jun 16, 2015 10:30 AM
Apr 2011
Znra said:
ravagestorm said:

The anime's art style was approved by the mangaka himself. So if you or the other guys happened to hate or think that this series was "butchered" because moe and other fan-pandering elements were nonexistent and that the art style is outlandish and nonstandard itself and that Nagahama bitchslapped Oshimi for rotoscoping the whole series instead of drawing it neatly, then you should send a hate mail to Shuuzou Oshimi rather than stabbing Zexcs and Nagahama for approving such a creative idea.

If you want proof, then here it is:

http://animediet.net/reviews/anime-reviews/epater-lotakusie-meditations-on-aku-no-hanas-aggressive-ugliness
http://pro.cessr.co.uk/2013/04/11/adaptation-aggravation-flowers-of-evil-and-the-quantum-narrative/

And a translation of the interview between the director and the mangaka would quite convince you as well, I think?

http://meowren.tumblr.com/post/47398332538/aku-no-hana-adaptation-interview
http://natalie.mu/comic/pp/akunohana

The director should've declined when he was asked to direct this anime.

- At first Nagahama (the director) refused the offer to direct the adaptation, because he thought that simply turning this manga into a pretty, clean-looking anime would be pointless. He says that he believes that when the mangaka draws this story he’s seeing something "else” which he expresses as a manga. So there would be no point in simply presenting it in animated form, at that rate you might as well just read the manga and be done with it.

- He thought if it was to be adapted at all, it should be done as a live drama. When he was offered the job the second time, he pitched the idea of using rotoscope. He was aware that the result would be different from the manga.

- Oshimi (the mangaka) says Nagahama is right about the way he creates the manga: the original story is something that exists in his head, and he draws what he sees in his mind. So basically the anime and the manga are two different versions of the story that exists in Oshimi’s head. By the way, he was also aware that due to the rotoscope the anime would look different from his work, and he thought it was an interesting idea.

- Oshimi also says that he thinks Nagahama has a very deep insight into the story, and firmly believes that he’s taking it in the right direction. He also very much approves of Nagahama’s wish of the anime leaving the viewers with a scar.

- Oshimi was pretty much “in” on the whole thing, they tested the rotoscope method on him.

Here. Peace out.

It doesn't matter anymore because they clearly failed to do their job. Well they lost their opportunity to be a cult classic. Boku wa Mari no Naka will be another chance for Oshimi to have a decent anime if it gets adapted.
ravagestormJun 16, 2015 10:48 AM
Aug 28, 2015 1:08 PM

Mar 2014
REKT said:
Season 2 confirmed.

Really? Where did you hear that?
Aug 30, 2015 4:05 AM

Jan 2012
I have faith in Hiroshi. He will finish this off in the end. It's what I tell myself so I can sleep at night~
Aug 31, 2015 5:46 PM

Jun 2009
Seriously, the just read the manga. It will be a whole new story, and not just because anime ends where it starts to get interesting...

ShojoSamuraiAug 31, 2015 6:24 PM

Are you the bloody applause monkey? Keep your sh*t comments to yourself or go troll on 4chan.
Sep 4, 2015 5:05 AM

Jan 2012
But, the manga doesn't have anywhere near the same atmosphere, character design, etc. I know all you guys love to circle jerk the manga but I tried reading it and it's not the same. I'll wait for the 2nd season.
Sep 10, 2015 9:53 PM

Jun 2009
ReasonDesu said:
But, the manga doesn't have anywhere near the same atmosphere, character design, etc. I know all you guys love to circle jerk the manga but I tried reading it and it's not the same. I'll wait for the 2nd season.

If you read the original manga, you'd realize that this story is supposed to be taking place in a middle school. They're supposed to only be 13 or 14 years old. It's part of the reason Kasuga is so awkward regarding his crush, his mother is so upset about him being out past dinner, and why Saeki is so mortified by her clothes being stolen, or having Kasuga accidentally bumping his face into her chest.

Are you the bloody applause monkey? Keep your sh*t comments to yourself or go troll on 4chan.
Sep 18, 2015 3:27 PM
Jul 2014
My favorite Anime ever! I'm praying for S2!!! It simply must happen!
Sep 18, 2015 3:33 PM

Jul 2013
jakov said:
My favorite Anime ever! I'm praying for S2!!! It simply must happen!

The manga is over, it won't happen.
Jul 22, 2016 4:24 AM

Jul 2016
This .. This just make me very , very sad

Is 2016 , and theres no news about the second season or OVA
The narrative , the animation , the OST , everything in this serie is just right with the story and the theme .
This is the only "anime" that managed to get me entirely in the history , i can´t found anything like this , the feeling that gives me the slow narrative, animation , it´s just unique .
I can only pray that this great series to receive a second season or OVA .
By the way , theres new about the director ?
Oct 8, 2022 6:24 PM
Jun 2015
Heavy-Maetel said:
As a pessimist I'd say it won't get a second season, but you never know, right? Let's just all hope it's selling!

Well, eight years have passed
Oct 29, 2022 8:13 AM

Mar 2014
Pusquin said:
Heavy-Maetel said:

Well, eight years have passed

Where has the time gone
Nov 7, 2022 11:31 PM
Jan 2017
So can I get manga spoilers? As the anime is clearly never getting a second season. A shame as it was a very unsettling series but I hate the "go read the manga endings" they feel like such a cop out and happen way too often
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes

That way I wouldn't have to have any goddamn stupid useless conversations with anybody. If anybody wanted to tell me something they'd have to write it on a piece of paper and shove it over to me. They'd get bored as hell doing that after a while, and then I'd be through with having conversations for the rest of my life

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2013

324 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2013

86 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

131 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2013

135 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2013

118 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.